Start by marking “Warnings & Wildfires” as Want to Read:
Warnings & Wildfires

Warnings & Wildfires

A steamy standalone romance featuring a swoon-worthy single dad and the one woman he absolutely shouldn't fall in love with.

Sullivan

It's a hot summer morning and I'm already running late.
I'm no one's white knight, but when I see damsel in distress, I have to rescue her.
I didn't know it would be Aubrey Dorado, the girl I swore was off-limits.
Now she's under my skin an
Published July 24th 2018 by Ahead of the Pack, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Warnings & Wildfires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warnings & Wildfires

Start your review of Warnings & Wildfires
Liz
"Nope, this doesn’t have to be complicated at all.”
description

Warnings and Wildfires is a new contemporary romance by the creative genius Autumn Jones Lake. This stand-alone love story offers a delicious blend of complex characters, a tender forbidden romance, and an intriguing plot. With an unforgettable ensemble of characters, this heartwarming story will leave you swooning. Warning- this read will melt your kindle!
Dilek VT
Feb 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: meh
Something like 2,5 stars???

*********************************************

In any romance book, what makes me invested in it quickly is the beginning of their relationship.

If it is good (e.g. a good and fun banter, him pursuing her, strong sexual chemistry etc), then I am interested in the rest of their story.

However, if it is not meaningful, I mean, if how they start the relationship doesn't give me the feels, then I lose interest.

*********************************************

And I lost my interest in this book because of how their relationship started.

Here's what happens:

Aubrey is regularly going to the gym Sully owns andstarted.
Here's*********************************************
And
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"You're all fitness-y and I'm kinda fluffy."

I'm a huge fan of the author's Lost Kings MC series that I started back in 2014, and I've been stalking her ever since. Yes, it was my MC Romance addiction that put her on my radar, but it was her talent that kept me coming back for more. While Warnings & Wildfires is not about badass bikers, I'm happy to report that a few of my favorites did make an appearance.

I knew from reading the synopsis that Sullivan (aka Sully) would rescue Aubrey and then later hire her to work
Heroesinbooks
5 Sully and Aubrey Stars

Autumn Jones Lake writes cracking books and this is no exception. It follows on from Bullets and Bonfires but is easily a standalone. Lovely to see some of the LOKI guys appear. (If you haven’t read The Lost Kings MC series , you really should!) Sully’s younger brother is Jake. He is in the LOKI books as Wrath’s gym business partner.

Sully and Aubrey have skirted around their attraction to each other for a while but suddenly Sully finds himself coming to her r
Rejane
Feb 08, 2019 marked it as not-interested
Hero not so strong. Heroine embarrasses herself twice in front of the hero. So romantic 🤦🏻♀🤦🏻♀🤦🏻♀🤦🏻♀

Tanya
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you.....Sully is my new alpha male leading man by Autumn!!!! I loved this story I loved the chemistry between Sully and Aubrey!!!! I just couldn’t put it down once I started!!! The depth of what Aubrey went through was sad, andnwith little support you just feel for her and wanna hug her!!! Don’t fear, Sully has her back tho!!!
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I am always eager to jump into a book by Autumn Jones Lake and this was no different. Now I am so used to reading her Lost Kings books that I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but I had faith that it was going to be good and it was great! We get to see some of our favorite MC guys and Sully and Jake are nothing to sneeze at either. Sully is a swoon worthy character that has so many qualities that you will find it impossible not to fall in love with him.

Sully knows that getting involved w
Big Joe  Rossi
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it

Sullivan has rules. Never date a client. Never date an employee. He will soon break both.

Aubrey lives with her sister, works part time at a coffee shop, takes a couple of classes in college and will do almost anything to earn extra money to help her sister. Who is her only real family. The only one who cared or stood by her. When she walks a big dog for her neighbor, he takes off, causing her to fall and the dog to run. Luckily someone helps. Sully. She has been
Grace
Another solid read from one of my favorite authors!
I adored Sully. I loved how honorable he was and how he always treated Aubrey with respect. But in the bedroom he took charge and the two of them had crazy chemistry! I loved his devotion to his daughter and his anguish about only seeing Madison for short periods of time. I loved how he always wanted to do what was best for his daughter no matter what.
Aubrey is probably one of my favorite heroines. She was so strong and smart, but al
Janee_dark&eroticreads4me
***Arc happily received from author for an honest and unbiased review***

As soon as I realized WARNINGS & WILDFIRES had hit my kindle I dropped everything and dived right in. If there is one thing I know, its the excitement I'm going to feel when i read one of A.J Lake's books!

This was yet again a fantastic read which Immediately hits the mark and grabs your attention with its enticing storyline and characters! Warnings & Wildfires is a standalone but also a
Renee
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing

It's a hot summer morning and Sullivan is already running late. He is no one's white knight, but when he sees a damsel in distress, he has to rescue her. He didn't know it would be Aubrey Dorado, the girl he swore was off-limits. Now she's under his skin and he can't get her out of his head. So, he did the worst thing possible and hired her to work in my gym. Lusting after his new employee breaks his
Nothing but Sexy Books Blog
O M G!!!! I could not get enough of Sully!!!!! He is EXACTLY the type of romance hero I adore!
Sweet and thoughtful on the outside. HOT and demanding inside the bedroom! YUM!

But as usual with this author the book is more than just hot sex. There's delicious sexual tension. There are funny moments. There is angst. There is love. The love Sully has for his family and friends. The beautiful way he treats his daughter. Just everything about him was delicious!

Aubrey was m
Tammy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes trying to fight your feelings makes them even stronger, and for Sully that rings very true. He first meets Aubrey in one of his self defense classes, and because he doesn't want a bad reputation, he does not date students. But his heart and other parts of his body feel otherwise. Aubrey is the type of heroine I love! She's hard working, self sufficient and she says her mind. The only problem, she has her secrets from her past, which led her to Sully in the first place. If you've read t ...more
Athena Stephenson
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god y’all, Autumn Jones Lake knows how to write a damn book!! Love love loved this book! Doesn’t matter that she switched from writing about MC’s to something else, she still makes us feel all the things! There is always so much depth, heart, sassiness, chemistry and alpha males, that you just can’t help falling in love with everything she writes!! I won’t post any spoilers but this is a fabulous story and you must must must read it!!
Louise  O
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warnings and Wildfires is an amazing story of love, life and survival about Sullivan ‘Sully” Wallace and Aubrey Dorado. I have been counting down the months, weeks and days until this book was released, after reading Autumns other series (Lost Kings MC) and Bullets and Bonfires we had small snippets of Sully and I was left wondering what his story was.

Sully is a single Dad, he has his Gym and his family those are his priorities, when Aubrey starts working in the Gym he has to keep his hands to
Cynthia Ayman
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a 4.5 stars.
Autumn never, ever disappoints.
I keep saying the same thing when I review/rate her books, but it's true! I can pick up any of her books and yes obviously I prefer some of them (it usually involves a lot of Rock, oops), but once I reach the last page, I know I will have read a lovely story. It's well written, it has passion, it has love, it has emotions, it has interesting main characters AND interesting side characters, her alpha males are alpha but not assholes (
Kimberly / Love Notes Book Blog
4 stars.

Quickie review:

This was a good book. This is Sully and Aubrey's story. Aubrey was in an abusive relationship in the past. She begins taking self defence classes at Sully's gym. She eventually gets a job there, as well. Both Sully and Aubrey have a strong attraction, which builds into a connection and a relationship. I really liked both of them as characters. I liked the story and the writing style very much as well. There were a few things that bothered me, but not enough to stop my en
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Melanie
(5 stars)

Book 2 gives us Sully's story. He owns Strike Back gym with his brother, Jake who we have met in some of the Lost Kings MC books, and Aubrey is one of the ladies who takes his self defence class. The pair are attracted to each other, but Sully has a don't date his clients rule which he has strongly stuck to along with his don't date his employee's rule. Both rules will be tested when Sully ends up offering Aubrey a job at the gym. What was he thinking
Cindy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!
I love all of Autumn Jones Lake's stories, "Warnings & Wildfires" is no exception.
It has just the right amount of ingredients to keep you on the edge of your seat...passion and chemistry=hot, hot, hot; intrigue, friendships, loyalty, family love. Sully & Aubrey are awesome!
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 HOT SULLY STARS!! This book was on fire with the sexy single dad Sully. I absolutely loved Sully and Aubrey's beautiful love story, it is definitely a page turner. This book has all the feels and suspense that keeps you on your toes. I can't wait to read more books by this fabulous author.
Iza
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
As always, I enjoyed going back into another world Ms. Lake created. It's separate from the LOKI world, though a couple of beloved bikers do make a brief appearance!

Our heroine, Aubrey has been through a lot and she ended up living with her sister, the only person that has ever truly loved her and protected her. Sully is a single dad who's struggling to make a name for himself; make his gym and business into something big, so he could continue providing for his teenage daughter he ge
Brenda Bauman
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Autumn Jones Lake!
Love N. Books
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ellie's $0.02:

This one. This one is my favorite book from Autumn Jones Lake so far. Don't get me wrong, I love a good MC story, but this one knocked it out of the park in my mind.

It was the perfect blend of humor, the right dose of chemistry, and just enough angst to keep me a tad emotional.

Sully owns the gym and normally that would be a hard pass for me. Okay, maybe not a HARD pass, but not a pass I normally go for. I don't like gym passes. But Autumn made Su
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Autumn’s Lost Kings MC series and this book just shows she isn’t a one-dimensional author and that she can switch genres seamlessly. Sully is my new book boyfriend, I am staking claim. Sully is a sexy single father that owns the gym where Aubrey takes self-defense classes. He has a steadfast rule no dating clients and then when he offers her a job he is screwed again when he has a no dating employees rule.

Aubrey is a woman with a dark past. She has had a crush on Sully from day one of
Mandie Foxylutely
A new standalone with a slight crossover of The Lost Kings MC (one of the best ever) I was raring to read this sexy romance. Even more so when I started reading it and Wrath popped up as a cameo appearance. Squee! As an added bonus we got characters from Bullets and Bonfires too. I love it when book worlds collide.

Sullivan (aka Sully) runs his own gym which is his main focus rather than relationships due to his responsibilities to family. When he rescues Aubrey whilst out and about,
Faith
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GAH! I can't even with how much I loved Sully and Aubrey's story!!!!!!!! Smoking hot, single dad romance!
Sullivan was just....perfection!!!!! Aubrey the perfect match for him!
Sully works hard. Life hasn't been easy for him, but he's turned heartache into hard work and caring for his loved ones, especially his pre-teen daughter Madison, his Momma, and his little brother, Jake.
Aubrey hasn't had it easy either. Her only family is her sassy sister Celia. She has a crush on Sully, but he
Daniele
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites about AJL’s writing is the slow burn between the characters. The buildup of want, need and love. The communication and the back and forth conversation. Warnings & Wildfires has all that and so much more.

Aubrey is an incredible female character. She’s the perfect mix of feminism and badassery! I like reading female characters that take an active role in their own protection and that overcome terrible life situations.

I enjoyed the moment that Sully realizes tha
Colleen Moyer
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book needs a definite WARNING - work will suffer when you start cause you can't stop!!!!!

So many things make me love this book!!! Autumn always creates characters that we not only want to meet but we can't get enough of. I always love when I get to see my favorite characters from other series cross-over into new series. The spark between Sully and Aubrey started in Bullets & Bonfires but it ignites in this book. As you read - you can't wait to learn more about both Sully's a
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Love, Loyalty & Mayhem: A Motorcycle Club Romance Anthology
  • Bound by Wreckage (Ravage MC Bound, #6)
  • Vexed (Iron Bulls MC #4)
  • Unhinged (Iron Bulls MC #5)
  • Hurricane Hearts
  • Connected in Pain (Ravage MC Rebellion, #1)
  • Mess Me Up (Bear Bottom Guardians MC, #1)
  • Fueled in Fire (Ravage MC Rebellion #2)
  • Sealed in Strength (Ravage MC Rebellion #3)
  • Hammer (Evil Dead MC, #10)
  • King: The Epilogue Collection (Sydney Storm MC Book 7)
  • Joker (Evil Dead MC, #9)
  • Irrevocable (The Exiled Eight MC Book 1)
  • Rory (Savage MC: Tennessee Chapter, #3)
  • Flow (Men of Inked: Southside, #2)
  • aBound Wedding: A Motorcycle Club Romance
  • Gus (Satan's Fury MC-Memphis #6)
  • Entwined (Iron Bulls MC, #3)
Autumn is the author of the popular Lost Kings MC series. She prefers to write her romances on the classier side of dirty, and she's a sucker for a filthy-talking, demanding alpha male hero. The bigger the better.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law. She's an active member of her local chapter of Romance Writers of America.

Autumn was born and raise