Start by marking “Warnings & Wildfires” as Want to Read:
Warnings & Wildfires

Warnings & Wildfires

4.43  ·  Rating details ·  304 Ratings  ·  97 Reviews
A steamy standalone romance featuring a swoon-worthy single dad and the one woman he absolutely shouldn't fall in love with.

Sullivan

It's a hot summer morning and I'm already running late.
I'm no one's white knight, but when I see damsel in distress, I have to rescue her.
I didn't know it would be Aubrey Dorado, the girl I swore was off-limits.
Now she's under my skin and
Published July 24th 2018 by Ahead of the Pack, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Warnings & Wildfires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warnings & Wildfires

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky, and B*tchy ⚓️ Steamy Reads
4 Stars

I just adore this author and I will read anything she puts out.

In fact, I think I will go re-read the LOKI series for the zillionth time.
Cause, why not, right?

Oh, and PS: I want Jake's book bad. SO bad!

Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Elizabeth
"Nope, this doesn’t have to be complicated at all.”
description

Warnings and Wildfires is a new contemporary romance by the creative genius Autumn Jones Lake. This stand-alone love story offers a delicious blend of complex characters, a tender forbidden romance, and an intriguing plot. With an unforgettable ensemble of characters, this heartwarming story will leave you swooning. Warning- this read will melt your kindle!
description
"I kiss her harder, claiming her, not holding back this time. Savoring her sweet taste,
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"You're all fitness-y and I'm kinda fluffy."

I'm a huge fan of the author's Lost Kings MC series that I started back in 2014, and I've been stalking her ever since. Yes, it was my MC Romance addiction that put her on my radar, but it was her talent that kept me coming back for more. While Warnings & Wildfires is not about badass bikers, I'm happy to report that a few of my favorites did make an appearance.

I knew from reading the synopsis that Sullivan (aka Sully) would rescue Aubrey and
Heroesinbooks
5 Sully and Aubrey Stars

Autumn Jones Lake writes cracking books and this is no exception. It follows on from Bullets and Bonfires but is easily a standalone. Lovely to see some of the LOKI guys appear. (If you haven’t read The Lost Kings MC series , you really should!) Sully’s younger brother is Jake. He is in the LOKI books as Wrath’s gym business partner.

Sully and Aubrey have skirted around their attraction to each other for a while but suddenly Sully finds himself coming to her rescue. I und
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
I am always eager to jump into a book by Autumn Jones Lake and this was no different. Now I am so used to reading her Lost Kings books that I wasn't sure what to expect with this one but I had faith that it was going to be good and it was great! We get to see some of our favorite MC guys and Sully and Jake are nothing to sneeze at either. Sully is a swoon worthy character that has so many qualities that you will find it impossible not to fall in love with him.

Sully knows that getting involved w
Tanya
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let me tell you.....Sully is my new alpha male leading man by Autumn!!!! I loved this story I loved the chemistry between Sully and Aubrey!!!! I just couldn’t put it down once I started!!! The depth of what Aubrey went through was sad, andnwith little support you just feel for her and wanna hug her!!! Don’t fear, Sully has her back tho!!!
Janee_dark&eroticreads4me
***Arc happily received from author for an honest and unbiased review***

As soon as I realized WARNINGS & WILDFIRES had hit my kindle I dropped everything and dived right in. If there is one thing I know, its the excitement I'm going to feel when i read one of A.J Lake's books!

This was yet again a fantastic read which Immediately hits the mark and grabs your attention with its enticing storyline and characters! Warnings & Wildfires is a standalone but also a sidekick to the ongoing and mu
Renee
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing

It's a hot summer morning and Sullivan is already running late. He is no one's white knight, but when he sees a damsel in distress, he has to rescue her. He didn't know it would be Aubrey Dorado, the girl he swore was off-limits. Now she's under his skin and he can't get her out of his head. So, he did the worst thing possible and hired her to work in my gym. Lusting after his new employee breaks his
Tammy
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes trying to fight your feelings makes them even stronger, and for Sully that rings very true. He first meets Aubrey in one of his self defense classes, and because he doesn't want a bad reputation, he does not date students. But his heart and other parts of his body feel otherwise. Aubrey is the type of heroine I love! She's hard working, self sufficient and she says her mind. The only problem, she has her secrets from her past, which led her to Sully in the first place. If you've read t ...more
Athena Stephenson
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my god y’all, Autumn Jones Lake knows how to write a damn book!! Love love loved this book! Doesn’t matter that she switched from writing about MC’s to something else, she still makes us feel all the things! There is always so much depth, heart, sassiness, chemistry and alpha males, that you just can’t help falling in love with everything she writes!! I won’t post any spoilers but this is a fabulous story and you must must must read it!!
Louise O'Reilly
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warnings and Wildfires is an amazing story of love, life and survival about Sullivan ‘Sully” Wallace and Aubrey Dorado. I have been counting down the months, weeks and days until this book was released, after reading Autumns other series (Lost Kings MC) and Bullets and Bonfires we had small snippets of Sully and I was left wondering what his story was.

Sully is a single Dad, he has his Gym and his family those are his priorities, when Aubrey starts working in the Gym he has to keep his hands to
Cynthia Ayman
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a 4.5 stars.
Autumn never, ever disappoints.
I keep saying the same thing when I review/rate her books, but it's true! I can pick up any of her books and yes obviously I prefer some of them (it usually involves a lot of Rock, oops), but once I reach the last page, I know I will have read a lovely story. It's well written, it has passion, it has love, it has emotions, it has interesting main characters AND interesting side characters, her alpha males are alpha but not assholes (yes, it's po
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Melanie
(5 stars)

Book 2 gives us Sully's story. He owns Strike Back gym with his brother, Jake who we have met in some of the Lost Kings MC books, and Aubrey is one of the ladies who takes his self defence class. The pair are attracted to each other, but Sully has a don't date his clients rule which he has strongly stuck to along with his don't date his employee's rule. Both rules will be tested when Sully ends up offering Aubrey a job at the gym. What was he thinking? He can't get the
Cindy
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!
I love all of Autumn Jones Lake's stories, "Warnings & Wildfires" is no exception.
It has just the right amount of ingredients to keep you on the edge of your seat...passion and chemistry=hot, hot, hot; intrigue, friendships, loyalty, family love. Sully & Aubrey are awesome!
Rhonda Ziglar
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 HOT SULLY STARS!! This book was on fire with the sexy single dad Sully. I absolutely loved Sully and Aubrey's beautiful love story, it is definitely a page turner. This book has all the feels and suspense that keeps you on your toes. I can't wait to read more books by this fabulous author.
Izabelle
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
As always, I enjoyed going back into another world Ms. Lake created. It's separate from the LOKI world, though a couple of beloved bikers do make a brief appearance!

Our heroine, Aubrey has been through a lot and she ended up living with her sister, the only person that has ever truly loved her and protected her. Sully is a single dad who's struggling to make a name for himself; make his gym and business into something big, so he could continue providing for his teenage daughter he gets to see wa
Brenda Bauman
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Autumn Jones Lake!
Love N. Books
ellie's $0.02:

This one. This one is my favorite book from Autumn Jones Lake so far. Don't get me wrong, I love a good MC story, but this one knocked it out of the park in my mind.

It was the perfect blend of humor, the right dose of chemistry, and just enough angst to keep me a tad emotional.

Sully owns the gym and normally that would be a hard pass for me. Okay, maybe not a HARD pass, but not a pass I normally go for. I don't like gym passes. But Autumn made Sully work for me. But what really sol
Daniele
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come...
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Autumn’s Lost Kings MC series and this book just shows she isn’t a one-dimensional author and that she can switch genres seamlessly. Sully is my new book boyfriend, I am staking claim. Sully is a sexy single father that owns the gym where Aubrey takes self-defense classes. He has a steadfast rule no dating clients and then when he offers her a job he is screwed again when he has a no dating employees rule.

Aubrey is a woman with a dark past. She has had a crush on Sully from day one of
Jennifer Aldrich
Shelves: 2018
FINALLY!!!! I have been waiting over a year for this book. Warnings and Wildfires is a stand-alone novel that features characters from other books written by the author. This book features Sully, who I personally met in Bullets and Bonfires last year. He was also featured in some other books, but I haven’t read those yet. This book has action, romance, heat, and is everything I could have hoped for.
The plot of this book is exactly what I had hoped. I mean with a blurb like the one that came with
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Cranky Stars

First I want to say I’m still trying to make sense of this title and how it pertains to the book. With that said I really enjoyed the story of Aubrey and Sullivan. They were explosive. Sully is the alpha hero we all need.

Aubrey has a had a tragic teenage romance. It has left her scared and shying away from fully committing to anyone for fear he will come back. She lives with her sister and works part time and goes to school. She wants to do so much for the sister who gave her a new
Mandie Foxylutely
A new standalone with a slight crossover of The Lost Kings MC (one of the best ever) I was raring to read this sexy romance. Even more so when I started reading it and Wrath popped up as a cameo appearance. Squee! As an added bonus we got characters from Bullets and Bonfires too. I love it when book worlds collide.

Sullivan (aka Sully) runs his own gym which is his main focus rather than relationships due to his responsibilities to family. When he rescues Aubrey whilst out and about, he fights hi
Konny
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Warnings & Wildfires by Autumn Jones Lake is a standalone in the Lost Kings MC world.
You dont have to read the previous book, Bullets & Bonfires, but for better understanding and because Wrath, Teller and Murphy appear in both books, I recommend to read the books in order.

Sullivan Wallace is a single dad, gym owner with a major crush on Aubrey Dorado. His rule nr. one is : Dont date clients. Hes in for casual only and Aubrey isnt that kind of girl.

Aubrey Dorado is a young woman who works
Colleen Moyer
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book needs a definite WARNING - work will suffer when you start cause you can't stop!!!!!

So many things make me love this book!!! Autumn always creates characters that we not only want to meet but we can't get enough of. I always love when I get to see my favorite characters from other series cross-over into new series. The spark between Sully and Aubrey started in Bullets & Bonfires but it ignites in this book. As you read - you can't wait to learn more about both Sully's and Aubrey's
Sharon Jones
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of 3 Degrees of Fiction book blog.
I don't think I have the right words to describe how much I loved this book. What I thought was just a book about a work place romance - I couldn't have been further off the mark. Whilst this book is a great romantic read, it has so much more to offer the reader than that.
Sully was my favourite character in this book. I would refer to him as a gentle giant. But push him in to a corner and he will come out swinging - especially for the people w
Tracey
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was a big fan of The Lost King Series so I couldn't wait to read this new book. Sully and Aubreys story has captured my heart in many ways and I fell more and more in love with their characters the more I read.

Sully is a alpha male with past he thinks no woman will understand. I mean a 12 year old daughter is enough to put any woman off but he has to trust someone some day and that someone could be right in front of him now in Aubrey if he gives her the chance.

Aubrey made a mistake at fifteen
Jessica
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where to start...
Let me start by saying this book was amazing!
I loved both Sully and Aubrey from the very beginning. The more I read, the more in love I fell with them both separately and together. Sully starts off not wanting to start something with Aubrey since he doesn’t date people who use his gym. His plan around this obstacle? He hires her to work for him. Yep. I know what you are thinking... he doesn’t date employees either. Lol! No worries, after Aubrey works one event as ring girl, Sull
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Autumn is the author of the popular Lost Kings MC series. She prefers to write her romances on the classier side of dirty, and she's a sucker for a filthy-talking, demanding alpha male hero. The bigger the better.

Her past lives include baking cookies, slinging shoes, and practicing law. She's an active member of her local chapter of Romance Writers of America.

Autumn was born and raised in upstate
More about Autumn Jones Lake

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)