Start by marking “Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)” as Want to Read:
Circle of the Moon (Soulwood, #4)

Circle of the Moon

(Soulwood #4)

Set in the same world as Faith Hunter's New York Times bestselling Jane Yellowrock novels, the fourth Soulwood novel stars Nell Ingram, who channels her power from the earth.

Nell can draw magic from the land around her, and lately she's been using it to help the Psy-Law Enforcement Division, which solves paranormal crimes. Joining the team at PsyLED has allowed her to lear
Expected publication: February 26th 2019 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about Circle of the Moon, please sign up.

Steven
Review to come on release day!

Be forewarned! This novel takes place after Dark Queen in the Jane Yellowrock universe timeline, and as such, massive spoilers for DQ abound!

THE COVER IS SO PRETTY
Beth
Every once in a while, you come across a series that you just can’t get enough of…Circle of the Moon is part of one of those series.

Nell is now a member of the Psy-LED. Even though she is a rooky, she is a superior detective. Now she must uncover who is calling Rick and causing all the deaths around them.

Hunter knows how to write UF. She catapults the reader right into her UF world. Strong plot, engaging mystery and marvelous characters, I just can’t get enough.

I loved it. I love how Nell has e
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
I am all sorts of freaking excited about getting this ARC!! Eeeeeee!!

I received a digital ARC of this novel courtesy of Ace in exchange for an honest and voluntary review. Will post full review closer to publication date of February 26, 2019.
Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*
Dec 8, 2018: Man that was so good. So. Good. I will listen to the audio when it comes out. I love this world.

Jan 10, 2019: I finished this book about a month ago, and I think I can be coherent enough now in a review that it wouldn't be all gifs. Maybe.

The bond Nell has with her team has grown strong over the series, and that really shows in this book. I have loved watching her develop distinct relationships with each person, and especially love her with Occam and Rick. Occam because he is just
Brenda Rezk
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Circle of the Moon is the fourth book in the Soulwood series. Set in the Jane Yellowrock universe, the events in this book take place after Dark Queen, so there are big spoilers for that book in this one!

Nell Ingram is still a probationary officer in Unit Eighteen of PSY-LED, the US law-enforcement agency covering crimes involving non-humans, aka supernaturals. Unit Eighteen is based in Knoxville, TN, where some unusual witch circles have been showing up. It isn't clear what the circles are inte
Lisa Miller
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As other reviewers have said, there are spoilers for the 12th book in her Jane Yellowrock series, Dark Queen. It is strongly suggested you read this book AFTER having read that one. It might also be a good idea to read the short story, Cat Tats before this one, as many of the events in that story are also referenced in Circle of the Moon. (Personally, I had to read all of the novels and short stories/novellas/novelettes. I would have felt incomplete if I had not.)

I met Nell Ingram for the first
Cory Williams
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given a few days with an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review. First, if you are reading the Jane Yellowrock novels, read Dark Queen before picking this book up. There are major spoilers for that story in this book. If you are not a Jane reader, it gives you the information needed to understand what is going on outside of Knoxville that impacts the community, as we have seen in the previous novels.
Circle of the Moon is a fantastic addition to this series. It continues to show the c
Douglas Meeks
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This 4th book of the series was a bit harder to review than the others for me, it was more of a police procedural at heart than some of the others since several subplots revolved around a mystery that we get to observe being solved a bit at a time. Add that to the fact that Nell is like no other heroine in modern fiction it makes it hard to do any comparisons.

There is the usual mix of things like the continuing romance with Occam that gets the flame turned up just a bit, the always tenacious rel
Tracy
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC for an honest review. This is not a stand alone book. I love how Nell grows through this series. She developed more self confidence, and you want to yell YES! Nell is learning how to manage having her younger sister Mudd and her job at the same time. Nell and Occam’s relationship is changing....how? You must read the book. In this book, Ming of Glass, the MOC of Knoxville, is being attacked. Nell and the spook group must find out why. Also, someone is targeting Rick LaFleur t ...more
Anna Fox
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book takes place after Dark Queen. If you read both series, you will want to read DQ before you read this book. This book continues to develop Nell, her relationship with Occam, the team and gives more information on Rick. It took me a couple of books to get into this series, but I am enjoying the series immensely now. Faith's books are complex enough that I'm thinking I'll need to go back and reread them to remind myself of what has happened.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for th
Linda Alcorn-burg
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the fact that I got the chance to read this ARC. The series is amazing and I can't wait to leave a review of this latest book in the series on the release date. You will not be disappointed with this novel.
Jonelle Bailey
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faith Hunter continues to open paths of depth and detail into these worlds. I love the continued connections between the Jane Yellowrock series and Soulwood. Circle of the moon answers a lot of questions about Rick ( which is awesome) and it shows how large Nell's powers could actually be. In addition you get the warm fuzzies reading out Nell and Occam budding romance. It's a wonderful book and a great series! Thank you Faith!!
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Robin and I discussed our ideas and I am paraphrasing them. I couldn't have done this without her. I really needed to talk things out because there were some confusing aspects.   The Soulwood series  is urban fantasy so I would definitely read these in order to not be lost. We debated about whether one needs to read the Jane
RachelW (BamaGal)
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Okay, I like this series, and I like Nell. She’s a breath of fresh air in this UF world. I enjoy reading about her background, para talents, and life. That being said, it took me four weeks to get through this book; not because I didn’t enjoy it, overall I did. However, I wanted the storyline to be more linear as to unit 18 and the witch circles case being investigated. The plot wandered a bit, and into far too many subplots. The biggest issue for me was the dependence on the ‘Jane Yellowrock’ s ...more
Carol Van horn
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Faith for sharing your worlds with us.
As others have said, you need to read this book after you've read Dark Queen in the Jane Yellowrock series. The two worlds flow so well together. The personal growth that both Nell and Mud have in this book makes them a duo that I want to know more about their future adventures.
Nell's relationship with Occam also changes. They find sanctuary in each other and FINALLY have the improper proper kiss.
Soulwood becomes more of a main character in this
Tina Christopher
Dec 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Fast-paced, action-packed, and the perfect next instalment in this fabulous series.
We learn so much about some of the characters’ back story and the relationship between Nell and Occam is moving forward.
My one negative is that it felt you should have read what happened in the Jane Yellowrock series. She came up far more than in any of the previous books and it was a little confusing for someone whose only reading Soulwood.
Overall a great read that may drive to a re-read of the whole series.
Shelley
*Source* Publisher via NetGalley
*Genre* Urban Fantasy
*Rating* 4.0

*Thoughts*

Circle of the Moon is the Fourth installment in author Faith Hunter's Soulwood series. Set in Tennessee, Psy-Law Enforcement Special Agent Nell Ingram uses her innate magical abilities to work with an agency policing paranormals in this series set in the same world as the Jane Yellowrock novels. First thing out of the gate. Please note that this book contains spoilers from Dark Queen (Jane Yellowrock, #12). So, if you hav
Hobart
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
I'm going to have to talk about the events at the end of the previous book, Flame in the Dark, a little bit. If you haven't read that -- sorry. You may want to use the time you were about to spend on this post to purchase that/get it from your library instead.

So, with any of these Soulwood books there are three main threads to follow: 1. The PsyLED case(s) and storylines associated with the team; 2. The developments with God's Cloud of Glo
Judith Burger
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't help loving Nell more and more with each book in the Soulwood series. Nell continues to grow and mature in amazing ways. Circle of the Moon shows Nell being much more open and even optimistic to new experiences while simultaneously learning more about being grounded not only in Soulwood, but in the woman she is. Once again Faith Hunter has drafted a book that demands to be read from first page to last without putting it down. I can't wait to see what is next.
Stacy Jackson
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent! Faith Hunter delivers again! I look forward to more of Nell and her adventures! 5 stars!
Michelle
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Circle of the Moon is one of the best Soulwood books yet, packed with everything you both need and want: danger, mystery, a little romance, and supernatural hijinks.

Nell is getting back into the swing of things after her little trip into...being a tree... and there's a lot going on in her life. With Mud possibly moving in with her, "updating" her previously off-the-grid home, figuring out what she and Occam are to each other, AND heading back to work, you'd think she'd start to get a little ove
Breane Ross
Dec 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Received an arc from netgalley. LOVED this book on the continuing adventures of Nell. Guarantee you will loved it as well!
Liz (Quirky Cat)
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
I received a copy of Circle of the Moon in exchange for a fair and honest review.

Circle of the Moon is the latest novel from the Soulwood series. It is also set in the same world as Jane Yellowrock, and this particular novel comes after the events of Dark Queen. If you’re not up to date with Jane’s series, do not read Circle of the Moon unless you want some major spoilers!
Okay, now that I have that part out of the way…on to the rest of my review! I originally fell in love with Faith Hunter’s
Diane Lynch
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
4.5 of 5 Stars

Faith Hunter’s CIRCLE OF THE MOON is a thrilling experience. Psy-Law Enforcement Probation agent Nell helps the Head agent Rick LaFleur investigate witch circles that are targeting him and using dark magic.

For me, this was one of those stories that kept getting better the more you read it. The beginning felt a little slow, but there was a lot of pertinent information that was relevant to the rest of the story. The details that have gone into this story is impressive. The plot was
Melinda Hamby
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nell is back! And it doesn’t take long for trouble to follow her back to work. We learn more about Unit 18 members’ lives before Spook School, which will leave you madder than a wet hen for them. We get new characters, but can we trust them? Townie life and church life intertwine again. Soulwood is, as always, Soulwood.

Great job, yet again, by Faith Hunter.
Robert Charles
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of Ms Hunter. NOTE: There are spoilers in this if you haven’t read Dark Queen. I love the way Nell, the primary character, is evolving. She is learning to interact with her paranormal team at PSYLED, contributing a fresh new way on looking at solving the cases they come against. I absolutely love the way it intertwines with the Jane Yellowrock series. Just can’t get enough of this, I get totally lost in her worlds. Sometimes it is hard to come up to breathe.
Shana
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.75 stars, great, awesome installment!
Erica Chilson
I received a free copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

5 Stars

Circle of the Moon is the fourth installment of the Soulwood series, and I strongly suggest against reading it out of order or independently as a standalone. As this is a spin-off of Jane Yellowrock- where I don't believe it necessary to read that series first to grasp anything without confusion -it would be beneficial to the reader to read Jane Yellowrock followed by Soulwood. They share the same urban fantasy univ
Lynn
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nell is just getting back into the full swing of her job at PsyLED Unit Eighteen after recovering and healing from her time as a “tree.” Their last big assignment was harsh on everyone especially her sweetie, Occam, whom she called back from death. Nell has several tasks as usual between still learning the intricacies of her job, finding the money to get her house up to modern standards so as to obtain custody of her young sister, Mindy(Mud), and figuring out what is going on with her boss, Rick ...more
Richelle Rodarte
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I am not one for spoilers so I am going to explain my reading experience for both this book and the series in general. I hope you are enticed to read the entire series of books and love them as much as I do!

The Soulwood series is something that is almost hard to describe if you want to fit it in a certain type of literary box. You do not have to be a fan of urban fantasy to find this enthralling world fascinating. Faith Hunter is a remarkable storyteller and she is able to give her readers the
« previous 1 3 4 next »
SOS: Serious Over...: [Mar 2019] "Circle of the Moon" Discussion 1 9 Jan 27, 2019 03:51PM
  • The Beyond (Devil's Isle, #4)
  • Wild Country (The World of the Others, #2; The Others, #7)
  • Grave Destiny (Alex Craft, #6)
  • Demon's Dance (Lizzie Grace, #4)
  • That Ain’t Witchcraft (InCryptid, #8)
  • Sapphire Flames (Hidden Legacy, #4)
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)
  • Siren's Song (Dorina Basarab #4.6)
  • Red Hot Rain (Weather Warden, #10)
  • Wicked Bite (Night Rebel, #2)
  • Watcher in the Woods (Rockton, #4)
  • Untitled (Fever, #11)
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Fallen (Alex Verus, #10)
  • The Cold Light of Day (Charlie Madigan, #5)
  • Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity, #3; Psy-Changeling, #18)
Faith Hunter's Jane Yellowrock series is a dark urban fantasy. Jane is a full blooded Cherokee skinwalker and hunter of rogue-vampires in a world of weres, witches, vampires, and other supernats.

Her Rogue Mage novels—Bloodring, Seraphs, Host, and the RPG Rogue Mage—feature Thorn St. Croix, a stone mage in a post-apocalyptic alternate reality.

The Soulwood series is a dark-urban fantasy / paranormal

Soulwood (4 books)
  • Blood of the Earth (Soulwood, #1)
  • Curse on the Land (Soulwood, #2)
  • Flame in the Dark (Soulwood, #3)