Start by marking “What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)” as Want to Read:
What Lies Between (Where One Goes, #2)

What Lies Between

(Where One Goes #2)

What Lies Between is the follow up novel to Where One Goes which is available now with a new cover.

At the core of it, life is a test—an opportunity to prove who we are; what we’re really made of. Short as it was, I’d like to think I lived my life well, that when people remember Ike McDermott, they remember he was a good man. When I look back, I’m proud of who I was.

Leavin
Kindle Edition
Published October 10th 2018 by Author B N Toler (first published October 8th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about What Lies Between, please sign up.
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅] Sometimes next week. I think October 10th is the date, but maybe sooner than that or later depending on when the books go live on the retailers. Best…moreSometimes next week. I think October 10th is the date, but maybe sooner than that or later depending on when the books go live on the retailers. Best way will be to check out author's page for any updates on this book. Release is not too far away now. :)(less)

Dilek VT

I SO HATED IT!

Why does a writer do this?

Why kill the beauty of a very unique book she has written with her own hands?

What was this for?

I am so pissed at the writer that I won't read from her again. Who knows when she will ruin everything I read and love by writing another bloody sequel to it...

Nope... not again!

***********************************************

For starters, let me say that Book 1, when it was not a part of the series but was only a stan
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!
Wil Loves Books!
Oct 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Like I originally wrote when I finished, I’m highly conflicted about this book. I mean I knew there was a possibility that this would happen, and I was even considering not reading it at all, but oh well, curiosity and other highly favorable reviews won. Is this a case of you shouldn’t have messed with perfection? For me, yes. Absolutely yes. I loved Where One Goes, it was perfect and an all-time favorite. Did I love What Lies Between? Not so much. I’ll explain, and I will still try to be spoile ...more
Betül
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Love is terrifying. It has the power to seep its way through your body like heroin, giving you the most exquisite high, or blaze you over and scorch you to ash."

When I found out that B.N. Toler was writing a follow-up novel to one of my favorite books, I was out of my mind excited. However, with sequels it can go either way: you either end up loving or hating it. I really didn't want to be disappointed, but I just had to have f
Amber
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
The plot of this book was random and all over the place. I’m left feeling completely unfulfilled and utterly confused. It wasn’t even the main character’s actions that baffled me, honestly I could care less about what Charlotte did. The story was rushed, disjointed, and confusing.
Pick a Book
English / Português

4 stars

I literally just finished the book. And my heart hurts. My head hurts. I cried so much! I confess I was afraid of reading WHAT LIES BETWEEN. The first book is one of my favorites of all times and I didn't think it needed a sequel. But how could I know it exists a story about them and ignore it? So I decided to read and I don't regret.

George is even more in love. Ike is the most beautiful and perfect ever. And Charlotte... She's still in love with both. But this book m
Katerina
Dec 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Spoiler alert:

She crosses over into the afterlife realm and cheats on her husband with his brother (her love in the first book, but he was dead - she could only verbally communicate with him).

Anddddddd god it was boring. BORING.
Danielle S.
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Alright then, I’ve had a moment to process What Lies Between. When I finished Where One Goes, I was emotionally spent. Charlotte’s special gift led her to one of the most amazing men I’ve ever read, Ike McDermott. Unfortunately for her though, he was dead. So, no happy ending to be found there... BUT, he also brought her George, his twin brother. Who is equally as perfect in his own right.

What Lies Between brings us back to the love that George and Charlotte share and the life they’ve built tog
Amy
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, review-books
4 Beautiful and Complex Stars!

“Love is terrifying. It has the power to seep its way through your body like heroin, giving you the most exquisite high, or blaze you over and scorch you to ash. So many people chase it, while others run away. We’re addicted to the pleasure and pain. I understood what he meant about me being his high–George McDermontt was my drug of choice. And it terrified me.”

“Love is….bigger than us. We don’t get to make choices about this. The only choice we have is how we move
Jackie  Kiwibooknerd
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-review
2 star book rating photo: 2 bookies BLI2Bookies.png

I wish I could go back and kick myself. I should have read some of the reviews before I started this one. Because then I would not have ruined the first book for me.

I loved Where One Goes. It was one of my best reads ever. It had all the feels. It was epic. And now, now I feel nothing for it....Because this one has gone and ruined everything....

This is by far the most disappointing and worst read for 2018 for me.....I am gutted!!!

Ike was hurt and broken for the second time....which is just not
Anne Milne
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where One Goes the first book in this series came out some time ago however I still remember the effect it had on me. No lies prior to starting the book i was anxious because my love for book one has never lessened. I shouldn't have worried because the author delivered a fitting sequel that for me stuck to the ethos that I loved. The characters were just as I remembered just a bit more mature and the story was just perfection.

I purposely haven't mentioned the storyline, let's be honest you don'
Erika
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
I gave 5 stars to the first book and it should have stayed as a stand-alone. Now I don’t like The characters at all. It took all the beauty of the first book away!!! Unnecessary second book.
Fiona Wilson
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads, favorites
I was apprehensive, but excited, when I found out there was going to be a sequel to Where One Goes which was a firm favourite of mine a few years ago. I honestly didn’t think the author could do justice to the characters and their story. Boy was I proved wrong.

Charlotte is living her life as best as she can, while enjoying her relationship with George. She is more than happy with him, but she never forgets the love she felt for his twin brother, Ike.

Charlotte quickly finds herself embroiled in
Tricia Daniels
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book!!!! Ahhh! I’m going to try and explain how amazing this book is but I’m doing it through tears. I was worried about what would happen to these characters in the second book. I felt like they had already been though a lot and didn’t know where Toler would take them. This book made me just as emotional as the first. I promise you won’t be disappointed but get those tissues. BN Toler you did it again and I couldn’t be happier. The writing was amazing and what you take from this book is he ...more
Hazel James
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BN Toler has delivered a deeply moving sequel to Where One Goes. What Lies Between is an exquisite look at life and love and the bonds that have withstood the test of time and distance. The characters and events are well-crafted and fit together to create a story brimming with mystery and thought-provoking imagery.

What Lies Between deserves ten soul-filling stars.
Veronica Mckenna
Nanci Tink
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing feeling to be immersed in this world again with these characters I absolutely adore!! I honestly love them all so much. I was highly anticipating this book and had HUGE expectations... and let me just say BN far far exceeded them!! I was blown away. I was expecting a highly emotional read which we got however there were times the tears were from laughter. Like an entire chapter had my sides hurting from laughing so hard!

The fact that I was consumed from page 1 all the way throug
Samantha Schwerin
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 1-star, ugh, no, lovetriangle
Ohhh this was so painful to read. I am at 60% and I don't think I can do it. This book is perhaps the most unnecessary book I have ever read considering how beautiful the first one was.

This book disguises a love triangle (in which the main girl cheats) with paranormal aspects. The first half of the book is Charlotte finding and helping spirits cross over. Then suddenly she is in the after life and back with her spirit boyfriend who is the identical twin of her husband. She proceeds to sleep wit
Darcy
Oct 31, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ghosts, 2018, e-book
There was something about the first book that really got to me, not sure what or if it was the perfect storm, but I really loved it. So when I saw that there was another one I was super excited. I was a bit disappointed with this one for the first 3/4's. It was a bit boring. It was until the last 1/4 that you realized what was going on, the choice that Charlotte was going to have to make. I did love that Charlotte was able to get closure with some people close to her.
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 Stars!

What Lies Between is the follow up novel to Where One Goes. After reading Where One Goes, I thought it ended at a good point and didn't except a follow up. I was a little worried about this one just being fluff but it's not. It has a great story line. I don't want to give anything away but if you read Where One Goes you are definitely going to want to pick this one up. All the characters are great which makes this one an emotional read. It's definitely a heart string puller.
Donna Was A Scandal
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
TJ is giving this one 5 stars over on Scandalicious Book Reviews - check out her thoughts:

Orna
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
In retrospect I shouldn't read this book. An unnecessary book that succeeded in destroying the characters I loved in the first book (except for George).
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
KFForever
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
kfforever

Reviewed by Donna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Where do I start with this review? I have so many mixed emotions right now and my energy’s been zapped. That tells you something about the brilliant penmanship of Ms. Toler. I was reeled in and invested in the story from the first book in the series, Where One Goes. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the follow-up but right from the first chapter, I was hooked lock, stock and barrel. I’d only got to chapter four and already I had goose
Tanya Vought
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Give me a minute to calm my nerves and write a review that can do this book justice!

B.N.Toler has crafted a marvelous follow up book to Where One Goes. I can't stress enough how much I love Char, George and Ike. I cried for the three of them.
Those two men..... WOWZA. Be still my beating heart! They are two of my favorite book boyfriends. They are swoon worthy and so in love with Char. They both love her so much that they would give up their own happiness for her.... that's what Real Love i
Garden Of REden
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacque's Review

NOTE - you MUST read Where One Goes first.  You will be lost without it.

I loved, loved, loved this book.  I almost feel like anything I say will not do this book justice.  This is unlike any story I have read before.  It has a mix of romance, parnormal, suspense and mystery all roll into one and it really, really worked!  Every time I put this book down, I was drawn right back to it!

BN Toler's imagination is unbelievable.  The world she brings us is just beautiful.  To me, the col
Kelly  - Kelly's Book Blog
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What Lies Between is the sequel to Where One Goes. You MUST read Where One Goes BEFORE this book. Where One Goes is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE READS.

What Lies Between picks up the story of Charlotte and George (and Ike). You get to see how their relationship has progressed and what they must overcome. Charlotte is faced with difficult situation where she is trying to help a young girl crossover but things take a dark turn and life becomes even more complicated for her.

Yup, you must read it to u
Diane plourde
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it

This 4.5 star story was an great extension from Where One Goes. That one can be safely read as a standalone. What Lies Between not so much. Although the author was able to bring me up to speed. I had read WOG in 2015 so the details were sketchy a bit.

I will not say much about this story so I don’t reveal any spoilers. There are quite a bit of them in this story. All I’ll say is that the same great characters that were in WOG are present in this story.

Charlotte, Ike and George are amazing cha
Linda 🖤 LB Book Blog
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
6 hours! I devoured What Lies Between in 6 hours! I’m still trying to process all my emotions..

At first I wasn’t sure how I felt about this book being released. Where one goes is one of my absolute favorite books. When I read it the first time, I felt so many emotions. The ending was amazing and tied everything up so perfectly. So when I saw that this sequel was being written I had my doubts.

I was lucky enough to be able to read an arc of What Lies Between. OMG! I feel so stupid for having any
Kristy
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
why can't I give this book more than 5 stars?!

Before you read this, please make sure you read Where One Goes first.

This book had me smiling and crying at the same time. I can't say too much without giving away spoilers. It's so hauntingly beautiful.

When I first heard that my favourite book ever was getting a sequel, I was a bit hesitant. Could book two really live up to book one? Well, BN Toler knocked this out of the park!

I look forward to many re-reads!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Pieces of Camden
  • His Heart
  • Home is Where You Are (A Home Novel, #1)
  • Chaos (Unhinged, #3)
  • Forgotten Promises (Promises, #2)
  • Time's Forbidden Flower (Forbidden Flower, #2)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Eight Days (Love Always, #1.5)
  • Down to You (Sixth Street Bands, #5)
  • Bridge (Shade, #2.5)
  • Safe Distance (Wounded Love #1)
  • Until Alex
  • Dear Jon (Choisie, #3)
  • All I Need: An Abbott Springs Romance
  • Sparrow
  • First Kiss (Heavy Influence, #1)
  • Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire
  • Torn (Torn Heart, #1)
Words.
Books.
Reading.
Writing.

These are a few of my favorite things.

You can find me under B N Toler or
Author B N Toler most places.

Email is bntoler@bntoler.com

If you're a book blogger and you're interested in joining my master list, please use the link below.

Where One Goes (2 books)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)