Start by marking “You're My Little Sweet Pea” as Want to Read:
You're My Little Sweet Pea

You're My Little Sweet Pea

Show your child or grandchild they will always be your little sweet pea with this heartwarming board book filled with sweet rhymes and adorable illustrations that celebrates the deep bond between you and your little one.

Featuring charming illustrations by Kit Chase of parent animals and their babieskiss, cuddle, tickle, and rhyme your way through You're My Little Sweet
Board Book, 16 pages
Published January 22nd 2019 by Zonderkidz

To ask other readers questions about You're My Little Sweet Pea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You're My Little Sweet Pea

Start your review of You're My Little Sweet Pea
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My Little Sweet Pea was so excited when this beautiful book arrived! She wanted to sit right down and start reading it. My daughter thought this book was written for her since we call her our Little Sweet Pea!

Each page has a lovely illustration of a mama or daddy animal with their baby. We loved looking at all the animals and naming them.

Along with the pictures is a one-sentence rhyme of what the parents adore about their child. Our favorite one is this:

Ears so dainty. Hair that swirls. Around
Shannon (Mrsreadsbooks)
This is a super cute childrens book with lots of fun illustrations. I am sure I have mentioned it in previous reviews, but I especially love childrens books that feature illustrations of animals. This book has everything from deer to cats to giraffes. The message of the book is an important one, reminding children just how much their parents love them and all the special times they share together on a daily basis.

Thank you to the publisher, Zondervan, for sending me a review copy of this book.
Amanda Tero
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ive reviewed a lot of childrens books, and some just stand out to me as quaint, precious, and adorable. Youre My Little Sweet Pea is one of those books. The art makes me think of my childhoodsimplistic, sweet, and innocent. The colors are light and gives the book just a pleasant presentation.

The text makes me think of my relationship with my niece and nephewjust all of the lovely things that babies are and how they brighten our world. I like that the book could apply to any relationship; it
Jenn Conwell
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The art was the greatest thing that captured my attention. THEN, once we read it for the first time, I fell in love. This book is so adorable - talking about how much you love your child from their birth to watching them grow. It rhymes so perfectly! This is a book I will gift to all my friends who have little ones.
Sharon
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book for review is Youre My Little Sweet Pea illustrated by Kit Chase. It falls in the genre of board book and children.

Little Sweet Pea I love you. From button nose to baby coo.

Ears so dainty. Hair that swirls. Around your neck are perfect curls.

I see your smile and know your cry. Dont worry, Sweat Pea. I am close by.

And when I hum a simple tune you understand that bedtimes soon.

Back and forth we gently rock, in each others arms we lock.

And when we snuggle up at night I kiss your cheek and
Yvette - Bookworlder
Adorable.  Completely and utterly adorable.  From the sentiments of the rhymed text (see the book description below for sample lines)  to the cute as a button illustrations, this little board book will be a delight to read with the little one in your life.

Each page features an adult and child pair of animals, among them kitties, foxes, giraffes, tigers, and bears. Roughly sketched and gently colored, these illustrations are perfectly suited to a nursery and I particularly enjoyed noticing that
Victoria
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This adorable book from Zonderkidz is illustrated by Kit Chase. Youre My Little Sweet Pea is targeted at young children and their mom or dad, grandma or grandpa, or any other grown-up who takes care of them. The content of the book is a sweet poem that portrays the love one has for a beloved child. With phrases like Your giggle always melts my heart. You changed my world right from the start and I see you smile and know your cry. Dont worry, Sweet Pea, Im close by.mothers especially will be able ...more
Laura  Lane
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Moms and Grandparents of babies and toddlers
My Thoughts:

This was a cuddle up with me and let me read you a story sweet pea book! My sweet pea is seventeen now, but she cuddled up to me, and I read this book aloud to her. We agreed that it's a keeper. I don't have any grandbabies yet, but Amy is helping me to select special books that will someday go on grammy's bookshelf.

This is a little board book with a soft cover that is perfect for little hands that are learning to turn pages. No worries about tears or tears. Kit Chases' illustrations
Oak
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Youre My Little Sweet Pea, published by Zondervan and illustrated by Kit Chase, is a lovely childrens book about the sweet bond between mother and child. The book begins with a delicate illustration of a mother deer telling her baby, Little Sweet Pea, I love you, from button nose to baby coo, and the pages continue with a series of equally delightful drawings of cats, sheep, giraffes, bears, foxes, tigers, bunnies, and mice each painting a warm and loving scene of a mother and child. If you ...more
C.E. Hart
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
This is another endearing childrens book from Zonderkidz. This board book, with a padded front cover, has warm and affectionate illustrations of various parent and child animals. The rhyming verses have a soft cadence and portray joyful, loving relationships.

Youre My Little Sweet Pea is a heartwarming book that reveals healthy and happy bonds. Rabbits, giraffes, bears, foxes, and mice are just a few of the adorable animals included. This is a sturdy bedtime or anytime storybook.

Target Age:
Bethany
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a absolutely precious little book, so heartwarming with such endearing illustrations and precious content, rich in words and sweet in illustrations, this is sure to delight and enthrall even the youngest reader and charm the parents. This book beautifully expresses the beautiful sentiments we have for our little ones and is a great reminder to the little ones how precious and one of a kind each and every one of them is.

Such a simple, short book with such a profound and deep message this
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Youre my Little Sweet Pea by Annette Bourland, illustrated by Kit Chase. BOARD BOOK. Zonderkidz, 2019. $10. 9780310766568

BUYING ADVISORY: GIFT - ADVISABLE

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

An adorable love song from a parent to a child. Animal families dot the pages with softly colored illustrations. A great gift idea for a baby shower or from a grandparent.

Cindy, Middle School Librarian, MLS
Krista (MoonDustBookLust)
Youre My Little Sweet Pea is a beautiful childrens board book that features baby animals and their caregivers adventures through growing together in love and light. From sheep to bear and fox to leopards not only is this lyrical story full of good vibes, but it is a good opportunity for little ones to learn their animals as well. The illustrations are stunning clearly done in watercolors that remind me, in a way, of the art of Beatrix Potter. I fully recommend this book for families with babies ...more
Michelle
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet board book. Some of the illustrations are adorable. Board books are always my favorite for littles. This would be fun to read to your very little ones. This wasn't my favorite kids book but I think some parents would enjoy it.

I recieved this book from BookLook Bloggers for free. All opinions are my own and I was not required to write a positive review.
Lil Old Bookworm
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet book, perfect for mom or dad to read to their own little sweet pea. I confess I cried when I first read it; it verbalized exactly how I felt about my little girl. Baby will also enjoy the sweet story, rhyming words, and charming illustrations.
September Michaud
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Beautiful watercolor illustrations and sweet words.
Julia
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-kids
Stephanie Cover2CoverBlog
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: youth
You're My Little Sweet Pea is an adorable board book from Zonderkidz which illustrates the bond between parent and little one. It has a rhyming scheme throughout the text and is illustrated beautifully with parent animals and their little babies. There are foxes and bears, and rabbits, it is all very very cute.

The story has heartwarming message of sharing love with your child. I think parents and children will like this one. As the synopsis notes, it would also be a great gift book... which is
Jody Joy
This is an adorable little Zondervan board book illustrated by Kit Chase. It's absolutely perfect for your all the little ones who love animals, or as stated in synopsis, a wonderful gift for any occasion.

Youre My Little Sweet Pea has all the different animals for your little ones to learn about as their enjoying the cute rhymes that come along with each animal mommy and baby.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review program. I was not required to
Lori Weller

• Hey! Wake Up!
  • Stack the Cats
  • Belly Button Book
  • Will You Be My Sunshine
  • Flora and the Chicks: A Counting Book by Molly Idle (Flora and Flamingo Board Books, Baby Counting Books for Easter, Baby Farm Picture Book)
  • Piranhas Don't Eat Bananas
  • Oh My Oh My Oh Dinosaurs!
  • Slow Snail