Start by marking “Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)” as Want to Read:
Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)

Rough Trade

(The Woodbury Boys #3)

Quick-witted hustler Ghost is no stranger to living dangerously; survival has always been the name of the game.

He’s just always gone it alone.

Now he’s got the wrong people breathing down his neck, and the only way out demands placing his trust in the unlikeliest of heroes: Duncan Rook, a gruff cop whose ethics are as solid as his body.

Cozying up to a criminal is hardly wha
Published December 3rd 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Rough Trade, please sign up.
Paikea Ghost is a bit of a mystery in the previous books, but you'd probably be better off reading them in order. It's all kind of leading up to this point f…moreGhost is a bit of a mystery in the previous books, but you'd probably be better off reading them in order. It's all kind of leading up to this point for Ghost, but the main relationship in this book is with a new character. All the books are really good, though, so I recommend reading them anyway. (less)
Kristi According to the author's website, this is Ghost's story.

Start your review of Rough Trade (Woodbury Boys #3)
Judith
"Everyone pays for sex.It's just that we don't always pay with money(...)"

Ever since Ghost was introduced in book one I've been fascinated by him.Book two wasn't a massive hit for me so I went into this with some trepidation.After a shaky start I really liked this and it's definitely my favourite book in the series.

Who would be the man who finally tamed Ghost?

Turns out the Author created the perfect character in Duncan.Not someone I would have imagined Ghost with but this is Ghos
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Ghost Stars

Omg Okay so I didn't read the other 2 books in this series. Now this book can be read as a standalone, but you can tell it's part of a series. I felt like I missed some "getting to know" Ghost moments by not reading the first two books. Still it didn't take me long to fall in love with Ghost. My heart broke for him and all his went through. Some of the things in this book were ugly, raw, and hard to read. Selling sex to survive as a teen, the hunger, abuse, betrayal, just everyt
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
BR with Adam!

This book kind of wrecked me and I don't know what to say that wouldn't be considered spoilery, so I'm just going to spout some gibberish about my feelings and hopefully there will be something useful amongst the gibberish.

Gibberish with copious graphics. Like I do.

Rough Trade picks up where Hard Line left off and we finally FINALLY get inside Ghost's head. He's on the run and the action plot line takes up quite a bit of this story. He and Duncan join forces to try to figure out how
Dia
4,75 stars

Ghost's story! I was dying to read it for SO long!!! He was the most intriguing character in this series.

When I got this ARC from NetGalley I was over the moon. Before diving into this one I've read a wonderful book. The trouble is that we tend to compare the books we read. So after a pretty HOT and kind of rough book, action packed and full of crimes, this one left me wanting a little more. Don't get me wrong, I am still rounding up and giving 5 stars to this one, but I will mention w
Shin Mon Thway
Jan 21, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the case of this is not the book, it’s me. 🙂 Time of death is 58%. I definitely overestimated my ability to catch up the series because I haven’t read the first and second book in this series. So I was just lost. 😬 I am genuinely interested in Ghost’s story so I tried my best but after trying to read this book for more than a month, I just couldn’t get into it because I haven’t got a clue about what is happening. 🤨 I definitely should have read the previous books in the series. So .. it’ ...more
Ele
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ok I was really worried there for a minute. I have been waiting for Ghost’s story for ever! I loved the beginning but as I kept reading, I found myself less and less invested. The horror! This can’t be, The Woodbury Boys is one of my favorite series ever. Thankfully, it all worked out in the end.

Ghost and Duncan are incredible characters. Very well sketched, very unique and very interesting. The dialogue and the banter were out of this world. I ‘ve highlighted tons of quotes that made me laugh
Moony Eliver
Loved this end to the series, and Ghost was everything. Amazing characterization and psychological insight, and good on Bell for keeping the arc true to the story and characters, rather than to arbitrary romance genre edicts.

I had minor niggles with the pacing in parts, and even though Duncan was the perfect choice for Ghost's partner, there were opportunities for further development of his character. But nothing that keeps the book (and series!) from a strong recommend from me.

Be sure to check
Diana
Nov 24, 2018 added it
Shelves: m-m, dnf, netgalley-arc
DNF @46%
No rating

I KNOW I am in the minority here, but I really struggled with this one. I couldn't connect with either character, and I after a while, I was just bored. I felt like they kept going over the same stuff over and over.
I am sad because I loved the first two books in this series, and I was really looking forward to Ghost's story.

This one is on me, and absolutely being a moody reader. Please read other reviews because all my friends loved this one.

I received a copy of this book fr
haletostilinski
5 MASSIVE stars!

Wow.

I've been waiting for for Ghost's story since the first book of this series and it didn't disappoint at all. What an amazing ride this book takes you on.

This book starts off with a few flashbacks with Ghost, including how he met what's-his-face, the dirty cop, Benjamin something - SPRATT! Right, him. But back in present day it starts off basically where the second book left off.

Ghost is on the run with the old retired cop, and he's taking Ghost to stay with Duncan Rook, a g
Hollis
"Hey, what's your sign? I want to read your horoscope."
"You're pissing me off."
"Scorpio, huh?"

Of course I jumped right into this after HARD LINE. Sure, sometimes I put things off but once I'm in it.. I'm in it to win. I also have no chill.

"Are you flirting with me by not murdering people?"
"Do you like it?"
"Jesus. No. No, I don't. That's not.. this is so fucked up. Conversations with you are like minefields."

There has been so much buildup to Ghost's story since he was first introduced in LOOSE C
Adam
Tag team review with Cupcake!

I’ll admit that I’ve been very iffy on Ghost. In fact, I don’t think I even liked him much before book 3.

description

The way Ghost treated Church and Tobias. His disappearing act. His attitude. It just didn’t sit right with me.

But I am now a reformed man. I will root for Ghost - and Duncan - till the end of my days.

‘Rough Trade’ picks up where things left off in book 2. Ghost is stuck between Mama and Spratt, and his time is running up quickly.

As far as the crime/action plot goe
Jassy
*4.75 stars*

I have been waiting for Rough Trade since the second I knew Ghost would get his own story. It was the book of 2018 for me - the one I was looking forward to the most. So imagine my happy dance when I was approved for an ARC :D
I dove into the story with expectations as high as Mt. Everest and here I am not disappointed. How is this even possible, right? I think it's just Sidney Bell's writing that speaks to my heart even though I usually dislike the tropes (Bodyguards in Bad Judgment,
Elena

The final book in the series started with a bang and didn’t disappoint. I liked how the mystery/suspenseful plot that started in the first book was brought to conclusion, even if at times it steered a bit too close to an action movie, and Duncan was a really good character in himself and the perfect love interest for Ghost. What I liked most, though, was Ghost’s character development and, by extension, the relationship development between him and Duncan. The author took the time to rea
Cadiva
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't think this book would be able to comprehensively pull together all the suspense elements of the first two into a believable and cohesive ending.

But it really does, and not only that, it also brings a unique love story which never once follows the traditional path and yet still manages to be truly romantic and full of emotional growth.

It also manages to make me have feelings for two of the bad guys - or bad women in this instance, who were both as trapped in a situation out of t
Ariana
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous. One of the best books I’ve read this year.

Ghost was an enigma in book 1 of the series. He turns out to be one of the most complex characters I’ve read.
And Sidney Bell unravelled him so brilliantly.

Ghost’s issues are deep-seated and complicated.
How can you live a ‘normal’ life when you have never experienced normalcy?
How can you act ‘normal’ when all you know is how to survive?
How can you allow feelings when switching them off is the safest way to stay sane?
How can you trust
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I was afraid this one wouldn't be as good as the bac debut novel...and I was right.

That being said, this one was still pretty good. Tho I would have felt better if the 5 star debut novel was $5.99 and this one was $2.49. And I still don't think I want to read the other books based on reviews.

I do get some of my fave tropes tho:
* tortured hero (Ghost)

description

* BIG, MANLY, LOYAL, TRUE Hero (Duncan)

description

I liked that Duncan was so patient and gentle with Ghost and coaxed Ghost to finally trust him. I also liked
Sandra
When I first read Loose Cannon and met Ghost in its pages, I fell in love with that character and begged for Ghost to get his own book. In the 2nd book of this trilogy, we instead got Tobias' story, and there was very little of Ghost in that book. And then finally, book 3 arrived, and it was all about Ghost.

I went in knowing that I would likely find heartbreak within, that I would be on the edge of my seat more often than not, and that finding out Ghost's true backstory would be painful.

I wasn'
Hayley ☾ (TheVillainousReader)
"My outfit might be retro, but my thinking isn't. Cross-dressing's only a problem if you think being like woman somehow makes a man less. And I've read far too much Vogue to fall for that bullshit, thanks."

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. This was most definitely my favorite book in the whole series. From the moment Ghost got page time in the first book I was intrigued. I had no idea what he was thinking, and it drove me crazy. I couldn't wait to get to his book and it did not disappoint. Thi
Alisa
This was the exciting ending to the Woodbury Boys trilogy. The story has two aspects. One is the case of the crooked policemen that they're working together on and the other is their relationship.

The case was action packed and could be made into a movie. There's fighting and car chases and shoot outs. I thoroughly enjoyed how this part of the story played out and how it gets wrapped up

I was most looking forward to the relationship aspect though. I admit I was a bit worried going in to this. Gh
ReadingAllNite
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, arc-read, netgalley
At last, we get to learn Ghost’s story! Ghost is the enigmatic, semi-feral figure appearing in books one and two, central to the story arc for this series. He likes to think he cares for no one but he remains loyal to Church and Tobias, no matter how he tries to deny it. This will stand alone to an extent but I highly recommend reading the first two books. The author does a fabulous job fleshing out a deeply troubled Ghost and the circumstances that shaped him. Duncan Rook is a cop with his own ...more
Sawyer  ❤ LoveSawyer.com
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG, I loved this, sooo much! I knew Ghost was going to break my heart but I had no idea I would have so many pesky feelings.

I'm not going to share a full review until we're closer to the release date. But this is a book you don't want to miss and that's not something I say lightly.

I think I might have my first ever book hangover! Anyone know of a cure? I'm so not ready to be done with Ghost and Duncan yet. Read More
Susan
Apr 17, 2019 marked it as dnf
This is a hesitant DNF (at 50%), because I’m still not sure if I should stop or perhaps continue.

The reason I’m pausing this is because this book is so darn LONG. And so far it’s not what I’d hoped.

Ghost’s whole attitude about life is making me sad and depressed. I get that he has been mistreated his entire life, but darn, the way he sees people and life in general is just terrible. He can’t even see life beyond escaping from the corrupt cops he’s running from. He has no plans or wishes for his
Fabi
I'm going to get this out of the way first so I can then gush about this awesome book.

The problem persists. Several books later and it still hasn't been addressed by an editor. 😡. Dialogue changes from character to character without notice, leaving the reader confused as to who is speaking. I mentioned it in my reviews of the previous books. This time I'm putting it front and center. This needs fixing!

Alright, now that's out of the way, let me tell you about this book. It's Ghost's story. The on
Em Wittmann
BRILLIANT finish to this awesome series.
Review to come.
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
So yeah, I'll be the first to admit I was very nervous about this one. With the way the first book skirted the edge of my comfort zone I couldn't imagine reading about Ghost's past and well, present.

That doesn't mean I didn't need it, because I did.

I needed him to be safe and I figured no matter how horrible it was going to be to read I still had to.

Whew! What a relief. That makes it sound easy and it wasn't but truthfully the author did a brilliant job of giving just enough of the bad and letti
Claudia
September 2019

I loved this as much if not more the second time around. Ghost is a great character and I love how he works through his issues.
Duncan is stable and although I did understand why he behaves like he does at the end, I still feel for Ghost.

Perfect read!!!! I soo love this book

March 2019
WOW! This is a book I really loved and which had me on my toes the whole time.

Ghosts story is heart-breaking and I loved him to pieces. Ghost is a character I would love to be a friend for ... and no, h
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Though I really doubted it at first, I believe this was my favorite out of the series. Ghost, elusive, frightening, seemingly uncaring Ghost simultaneously broke my heart and utterly charmed me. And I loved Duncan too, how very careful he was with Ghost in giving him what he needed, caring for him while at the same time respecting his abilities and never judging him for where and what he'd been.

The plot and story were as engrossing as the other books but this time, my attention was fi
Alex
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angst
Well. I was waiting for Ghost's story and here we are.
It was not what I was expecting but it was brilliant!

I was completely fascinated by these 2 MCs.
Duncan was just perfect for Ghost, just PERFECT!
Strong and reliable and honest and kind. Everything Ghost needed to finally let himself be happy...

There is close to nothing regarding sexual scenes and it made the book that much better because really, with Ghost's background that would have been weird and so not believable...
But the feelings were
Chris
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-contemporary
4.5 stars - loved Ghost & Duncan ❤️ This book really was a journey of discovery for both men. So much angst, emotion and pain, both guys hurt by others and had fears about letting their guards down. My heart went out to Ghost who had clearly endured trauma for most of his life, but his love and loyalty to Church, Tobias and eventually Duncan, was beautiful in his own ruthless way. This was by no means a heated romance, this was more like peeling layers from an onion ! ...more
Amanda
I didn't even read the first two books in the series and I still fucking love this story of Ghost and his hunk of a man, Duncan. Ghost is barely twenty, yet he had overcome so much in his life. He is a prostitute and although he appeared to be proud of his way of life, we get the gist of his childhood of what makes him that way. His best friends are Tobias and Church from the previous two books, but even he keep them at arm length. Ghost like to turn on his charm, deflect and pretend in front of ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Rough Terrain (Out of Uniform, #7)
  • Noble Hops (Trouble Brewing, #3)
  • Lights and Sirens (Emergency Services #2)
  • Craft Brew (Trouble Brewing, #2)
  • The Parable of the Mustard Seed
  • Rend (Riven, #2)
  • A Chip and a Chair (Seven of Spades, #5)
  • Why the Devil Stalks Death (Death and the Devil, #2)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • Lucky (Lucky #1)
  • Raze (Riven, #3)
  • Cash (Lucky, #2)
  • Thrown to the Wolves (Big Bad Wolf, #3)
  • Oz (Finding Home, #1)
  • The Wolf at Bay (Big Bad Wolf, #2)
  • Milo (Finding Home, #2)
  • Variable Onset
Sidney Bell lives in the drizzly Pacific Northwest with her amazingly supportive husband. She received her MFA degree in Creative Writing in 2010, considered aiming for the Great American Novel, and then promptly started writing fanfiction instead. Eventually more realistic grown-ups convinced her to try writing something more fiscally responsible, which is how we ended up here.

When she’s not wri

The Woodbury Boys (3 books)
  • Loose Cannon (The Woodbury Boys, #1)
  • Hard Line (The Woodbury Boys, #2)

News & Interviews