Start by marking “The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)

The Best of Us

(Sullivan's Crossing #4)

In Sullivan’s Crossing, #1 New York Times bestselling author Robyn Carr has created a place where good people, powerful emotions, great humor and a healthy dose of common sense are the key ingredients to a happy life. Sullivan’s Crossing brings out the best in people. It’s a place you’ll want to visit again and again.

Dr. Leigh Culver loves practicing medicine in Timberlake
Published January 8th 2019 by MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Best of Us, please sign up.
Laurie More than likely an internet troll or someone who doesn't like the author. Kinda dumb, but people do it all the time.

Jonetta
Leigh Culver is a 34-year old doctor who left a successful city career in search of a higher quality of life in Timberlake, Colorado running the town clinic. It’s been a year and she’s settled in, now a part of the community. When widower and pub owner Rob Shandon shows up with one of his injured teenage sons in tow, it’s the beginning of a relationship that neither had anticipated nor like any other experienced before. Leigh was raised by her aunt Helen, a retired teacher and best-selling autho ...more
Debbie Oliphant
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I remember reading the Virgin River Series and I was hooked with this author. The Sullivan's Crossing series just keeps getting better. The characters are so authentic and you feel connected to their stories.

Leigh is the town doctor and she is enjoying the work that she does along with the people in the town. One of her favorites is Sully, who has been a central character in the previous books. Leigh's aunt, Helen, has decided to join her for the summer as it has been the two of them since she
Beth
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sullivan finally get to find love as well as a few others during this heart-warming addition.

Carr created a tale of friends, family and love that will put a smile on your face and warm you better than a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream. Not only do we have Leigh’s and Rob’s fun and sweet with a slow progression that lent to a strong and genuine love story. But we also got to see the book’s name sake, Sullivan finally find the perfect woman for him.

If you love a strong, tender romance with
Amy
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the fourth in a series and while I’ve wholeheartedly enjoyed every book, this one is hands down my favorite so far. I’m not sure exactly what made me love it so much this time, maybe it was that the two main characters this time around were so lovable or maybe it was just that I’ve grown to love reuniting with the residents of Timberlake, but whatever it is, Carr has made me a huge fan of this series.

There is always a lot going on in Carr’s books but this one had two separate developing
☕ Kimberly
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Sullivan's Crossing from the campground to the small community of Timberlake, Colorado where everyone knows your business. Whether you are a new fan or just picking up this story, The Best of Us, will work as a standalone. I do however recommend starting from the beginning. All the little connections from places to people are not to be missed. Soon you'll be packing your bags to visit this quaint little town with its majestic views.

In the last book we met Dr. Leigh Culver. She has moved t
Jackie Lane
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I am a total Robyn Carr fan. I have been hooked on her books since I began reading them. The Virgin River series has always been my favorite, but I have to say that this series is rivaling it.

Leigh Culver leaves Chicago and a busy hospital behind for a tamer life in Colorado running a clinic. She has lived there approximately a year and knows a lot of the townspeople. Rob Shandon, a local pub owner, comes in as the clinic with
The Lit Bitch
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve only recently discovered Robyn Carr but she has written an impressive amount of novels in her career. I have seen her books randomly, usually at airport bookstores or in the supermarket book displays.

Like many of her fans, I love a good romance and often a well written romance is such a refreshing break from real life when you get home and dinner still needs to be made and the baby is crying and your husband is late from work. Those are the times that a good romance are especially welcoming
The Best of Us is the forth book in the Sullivan’s Crossing series, but only the second one I have read (I read the first book, What We Find last year). I am in love with this series so much. It ticks all the boxes for me, small town setting, memorable characters and a sweet love story.

There are three different stories woven within this novel, and this is something I am seeing more often lately and I am really enjoying the premise.

The main plot is that of Leigh and Rob. Leigh is the new doctor
Siobhan
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading and enjoying Any Day Now and The Family Gathering, books two and three in the Sullivan’s Crossing series, I was more than willing to dive into the fourth book in the series. In all honesty, I really need to go back and read What We Find – this has nothing to do with a lack of understanding, but simply because I want to know all the details – yet the pull of The Best of Us was too strong to ignore.

In all honesty, I did not enjoy The Best of Us quite as much as I enjoyed my two prior
Kathryn
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. The Best of Us is #4 in Robyn Carr's small town series of Sullivan's Crossing, Colorado.  A new book in any of her series has always been a delight and this is just as much so in this case.

I liked especially the variety of age range in this book. Firstly we have I guess what might be the central couple of Leigh Culver - the local doctor and Rob Shandon the local pub owner. Leigh is thirty four, Rob is forty and has two teenage sons.  Rob is the brother to Sid, we met her in a previous
Patty Champion
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stayed up all night reading this book. It was fabulous, I couldn't put it down. I cried happy tears and sad tears, I giggled and I laughed out loud. I want to say this is the best book yet, but I love all of Robyn Carr's books. I highly recommend reading this.

I really enjoyed the glimpse into a writers life. I can't wait until the next one. Thank you netgalley and Mira for allowing me to read this wonderful look for an honest review
Darcy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is so charming, I always look forward to a new book in the series. I really liked how this one opened, showcasing Leigh's friendship with Sully. Sure it was a bit unusual, but it worked for them. I really loved how accepted Leigh was in the town, it seemed like it was something that she has been looking for.

The first meeting between Leigh and Rob was funny. I loved that Leigh kept her head, while Rob had issues and needed Leigh to soothe him. Their romance was sweet. I liked how it
Michele
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0119, con-rom, priority
Review to follow
Marlene
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

he Best of Us has a lot of themes that echo back to the first book in this series, What We Find. Not that you have to have read that to enjoy this. More that the stories hit some similar beats, and that the issues that led to the situation Maggie finds herself in at the beginning of What We Find have parallels with rather different outcomes in The Best Of Us.

Also that Maggie’s father Sully, who all of the residents of the Crossing and the nearby town of Tim
Donna Hines
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Dr. Leigh who resides at Timberlake needs a break as she misses her Aunt Helen in essence her 2nd mom.
The woman who raised her was her pillar of strength and she feels a sense of loss.
Now that Leigh is grown she's ready for a change . Helen is happily retired from teaching and now works as a mystery writer.
However, Leigh still needs her especially in her ill failing love life.
Ironically the tables turn when Leigh takes Helen out to Sullivan Crossings and her life changes for the good. A new roma
Dawn
Dr. Leigh Culver enjoys helping people as a doctor in Timberlake, Colorado. It’s a slower pace of life she is enjoying after the stressful life she led in Chicago. But the only downside is she doesn’t have as much time with her Aunt Helen, whose her best friend. Leigh is determined that her aunt come visit her as much as possible, so she can show off the beauty that is Timberlake and the friends she is making in the community.

Helen Culver is an independent woman who raised Leigh after her siste
Bethany
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first book review of the new year and my first Robyn Carr novel!

The Best of Us is a heartwarming small-town romance that follows three budding relationships in very different stages of life: teenagers, mid-life, and seniors. While this book was a little bit slow to start for me (though to be fair, I am joining the series a few books in!) by the end of it I was was completely drawn in by the characters and the coziness of the setting. I have to say though, the BEST part of this book was the b
Amanda Drover-Hartwick
First book of 2019!

The Best of Us, fourth book of the Sullivan's Crossing series, takes place in a small town called Timberlake, Colorado. It's the perfect place for Dr. Leigh Culver, who recently moved from Chicago looking for a more relaxing lifestyle. She's selfish, judgemental, and has a lot to learn if she's going to open her heart for local pub owner, Rob. Rob's son, Finn, is in his first serious relationship during his last year of high school. Leigh's Aunt Helen is a retired teacher and
Kelsie
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Best of Us by Robyn Carr is the fourth novel in her Sullivan’s Crossing series. I have not read the previous books in the series, but this one works well as a standalone. The novel is set in the small town of Timberlake, Colorado, home of the infamous Sullivan’s Crossing. This installment of the series highlights three budding romances.

Dr. Leigh Culver has recently moved to Timberlake in order to head the town’s urgent care facility. In the course of her duties, she meets widower and local
Jackie Lane
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

booksofallkinds
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Travelling back to Sullivan's Crossing is always a pleasure and THE BEST OF US by Robyn Carr is no different. Engaging characters, a breathtaking setting, and romance that will warm your heart, this story has it all and more.

Dr. Leigh Culver is enjoying the more laid-back atmosphere that exists working in Timberlake, Colorado and is getting used to this community that welcomes you with open arms. Making new friends and keeping in touch with her beloved Aunt who raised her, Leigh has no time for
Heather
Jan 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
I don't know why I read books by this author, when I just end up frustrated. The first book in this series was fine. The second & third were okay. But this one was awful.

Stock, cliched characters. A completely unoriginal story. And not just for the genre, but for this particular author.. (view spoiler)
Cheryl
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent addition to Robyn Carr booklist

I am a huge Robyn Carr fan. I've read all of her books (and she has written quite a number of them). Her Virgin River series is probably my favorite (and soon to be a series on Netflix in 2019 from what I understand). But her Sullivan's Crossing series based in the Colorado Rockies is great fun too.

THE BEST OF US actually features three separate romances and I loved all of them, especially the two sets of non-teenage lovers. It's amazing how as I get olde
Lorelei's
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reading The Best of Us is like snuggling into a warm comfy chair, all bundled up while sipping a delicious cup of hot Cocoa -familiar, cozy and delicious.❤ That’s how I felt as I began reading the first few chapters. Robyn Carr has a way of enveloping the reader into the story. Once I was in Sullivan’s Crossing I didn’t want to leave. Lots of engaging drama that kept me turning page after page.
There are three romances in this story of different generations. I finished the story with a smile yet
Chermaine
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have yet to be disappointed with this series and I have loved every minute of it so far.
this is the best one yet but I'm sure I'll say that about the next one too...lol
Kate Douglas
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THE BEST OF US Robyn Carr

One thing in my life is a given—when a book from Robyn Carr shows up in the mail, either a mail-order purchase or an ARC from the author—whatever I have or had planned is going to get shelved for the duration. An ARC of THE BEST OF US arrived on Wednesday, and I am so thankful this Thanksgiving that no one was coming for dinner the next day. I threw the stuffed chicken in the oven (two people do not need a turkey!) and sat down with my new book.

I have never, not once, be
Cheri
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, kindle, netgalley
I cannot tell you how sweet it is to read about Sully finding romance. While he’s an older gentleman and has had many experiences in his life, he’s also been quite sheltered living in a rural area of Colorado. That gives his part of this story a somewhat innocent feel. I appreciate that Sully and Aunt Helen are so different yet seem to fit together like puzzle pieces.

Leigh and Rob also have a sort of innocence about them at first. Sure, they’re grown adults, but neither of them have had anything
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
A Robyn Carr novel always makes me want to quit my real life and move to a quaint small town, preferably with a sexy single dad included. THE BEST OF US follows three couples as they navigate small-town life, growing relationships, and changing life circumstances.

The three couples represented three different generations. Our main twosome, Leigh and Rob, are 34 and 40 respectively, Maia and Finn are high schoolers, and Helen and Sully are seniors (not in high school). Ms. Carr’s veteran author st
Lovey Dovey Books
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: women-s-fiction
I am so happy to be back in Sullivan's Crossing! Robyn Carr's series grabbed me in Any Day Now and I can't stop myself from visiting the idyllic town. The Best of Us introduces the town's new resident, Leigh Culver, who has fallen in love with the people and her fulfilling role practicing medicine in a small community.

Leigh convinces her Aunt Helen, who raised her after the death of her young mother, to visit and escape the Chicago winter. Aunt Helen's arrival sparks the beginning of a new chapt
Play Book Tag: The Best of Us by Robyn Carr - 3 stars 2 10 11 hours, 34 min ago
Robyn Carr is a RITA® Award-winning, eleven-time #1 New York Times bestselling author of almost sixty novels, including the critically acclaimed Virgin River series. The third novel (THE FAMILY GATHERING) in her fan-favorite new series, Sullivan's Crossing, will be released in April 2018. Robyn is a recipient of the Romance Writers of America Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award 2016 and in 201 ...more

Sullivan's Crossing (4 books)
  • What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)
  • Any Day Now (Sullivan's Crossing, #2)
  • The Family Gathering (Sullivan's Crossing, #3)