Start by marking “Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2: A Primer to Kaaron Warren” as Want to Read:
Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2: A Primer to Kaaron Warren

Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2: A Primer to Kaaron Warren

Australian author Kaaron Warren is widely recognized as one of the leading writers today of speculative and dark short fiction. She’s published four novels, multiple novellas, and well over one hundred heart-rending tales of horror, science fiction, and beautiful fantasy, and is the first author ever to simultaneously win all three of Australia’s top speculative fiction wr ...more
Paperback, 1, 204 pages
Published May 25th 2018 by Dark Moon Books

To ask other readers questions about Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2

Jimmy Tam
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really great introduction to a new author I hadn't read before. I'll be getting more into her work next!
Vivian Metzger
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent series idea, discussing authors. Much needed. Happy with books I've read so far in the series.
Judi
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2 for Kaaron Warren. This Primer is second in the series and a great study of another author of short stories, highlighting some of her best work and explaining the author’s importance. This is an indie book, and amazing quality. All the sections are illustrated, and besides the short story fiction, there is an interesting interview, essay written by the author, commentary on the works, and more. 5 stars.
Nicholas Diak
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Primer to Kaaron Warren is the second book in the Exploring Dark Short Fiction series of books being published by Dark Moon Books (with last year’s primer on Steve Rasnic Tem being the first). The Kaaron Warren primer acts as a collection of six of her short stories – one of them being exclusive to this collection – along with associated commentaries, essays and bibliographies. If one is not sure where to start in exploring the literature of Warren, this primer certainly makes it easy.

Of the s
David Agranoff
Last year when the first Exploring Dark Short Fiction Primer book was released featuring a tribute to Steve R Tem I was excited about the potential of these. Before I get into the content let me tell about the series. These are beautiful books, they look amazing and the quality of the production is some of the best I have seen by a independent publisher. When you add the commentary by PH.D Michael Arnzen, everything from the lay-out, to the art is top notch. When you add it to the amazing fictio ...more
Shawn C. Baker
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book, my introduction to the author. Each successive story in Exploring Dark Short Fiction #2: A Primer to Kaaron Warren hooked me deeper, beginning with Guarding the Mound, a story that reminded me quite a bit of one of the one-off stories I love so much from Neil Gaimen’s Sandman. After that I found the book hard to put down - even though I had a few weeks away thanks to my own writing - and when I was finally able to re-engage, I whipped through the remainder, increasi ...more
Jen (Book Den)
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, review-copy
I'm starting my Women in Horror Month reviews with a highly recommended read.

A Primer to Kaaron Warren contains six short stories by Kaaron Warren, an essay on "Why Karron Warren Matters" by Micheal Arnzen, an interview with Kaaron Warren, and essay by Kaaron Warren titled "Tips for Finalizing Your Short Story", and more.

This was my first experience reading Kaaron Warren's work. I have a couple of her novels (one fantasy and one horror) on my shelves that I am really anxious to read.

Her stories
Anita Patel
Jul 07, 2018
Faith Dincolo
Aug 07, 2018
David Anderson
May 31, 2018
Eric Guignard
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael Flores
Jun 08, 2018
Santiago Eximeno
May 31, 2018
Louise Zedda-sampson
Jun 11, 2018
Michael
Jun 27, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Michael Joseph Schumann
Silvia Brown
Jan 23, 2019
Patti
Feb 01, 2019
ERIC J. GUIGNARD is a writer and editor of dark and speculative fiction, operating from the shadowy outskirts of Los Angeles, where he also runs the small press, Dark Moon Books. He’s won the Bram Stoker Award, been a finalist for the International Thriller Writers Award, and a multi-nominee of the Pushcart Prize.

He has over 100 stories and non-fiction works appearing in publications such as NIGHT