Start by marking “Immortals' Requiem” as Want to Read:
Immortals' Requiem

Immortals' Requiem

A Grimdark Fantasy

There are beings that live a shadow's breadth from our reality. They are the dreams and nightmares of humanity, the ancient seeds of fairy-tale and superstition.

These are the Immortals, creatures of magic that should live forever... and they are fading.

When a horror two thousand years dead returns to contemporary England, creatures long thought lost t
Published June 29th 2018 by Jump Start Publishing (first published May 31st 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Immortals' Requiem, please sign up.
Vincent Bobbe Damballah did die in one of my early drafts ... but as I started playing around with concepts for the follow up novel, I realised I had a role for him…moreDamballah did die in one of my early drafts ... but as I started playing around with concepts for the follow up novel, I realised I had a role for him. So his fate will be explored in the next book ... :)(less)
Vincent Bobbe Thanks for the question. When I was trying to come up with a title I wanted to convey a sense of juxtaposition; Immortals dying. I thought the idea of…moreThanks for the question. When I was trying to come up with a title I wanted to convey a sense of juxtaposition; Immortals dying. I thought the idea of a death song for Immortals was a good fit and It was only later that I co-opted Mark’s sword and gave it the name because I thought it helped give the title a bit more of a link to the story :)(less)
Sea of Lost Souls by Emerald DodgeBlood and Shadow by Robin LythgoeThe Gates of Golorath by R.M. GarinoA Change of Rules by L.L. ThomsenThe God King's Legacy by Richard Nell
SPFBO 5
279 books — 135 voters
Prince of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceThe Blade Itself by Joe AbercrombieA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinKing of Thorns by Mark  LawrenceLast Argument of Kings by Joe Abercrombie
The Grimdarks
418 books — 1,064 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Immortals' Requiem
Whispering Stories
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Cara on www.whisperingstories.com

Immortals’ Requiem is a story that centres around five individuals whose paths intertwine as they all search for Cú Roí ‘The Miracle Child’, who has set out to seize control of their civilisation and destroy all humanity in the process.

On our journey we meet vampires, werewolves, elves, shadow like creatures and a human who has lived for over 2000 years, along with many other immortal and supernatural beings, in the fight of good vs evil.

I have r
Cam
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Found this dark fantasy on Net Galley. Love this book! It has a little bit of everything for everyone. The magical realm is dying and they are in need of more magic to survive. Evil seeps into the human realm and all hell breaks loose.
Todd Simpson
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a fabulous book. I was really impressed with how much content Vincent Bobbe has packed into this story, and how easily it held my attention through to the end. I normally have a favourite character in a story, but I found it hard picking between Cam O’ Griobhtha and Sam Autumn, as they are both brilliant. Overall, it’s a very unique plot that I absolutely loved.

Grimnir Vafthrudnir can’t believe what’s happened to the earth. With humans covering so much of it up with stone and concrete,
Alicia Huxtable
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't get enough of this book. It was something new within the paranormal monster genre. The writing is great and the characters are written so well that yoh find yourself either loving or hating them. I found myself being a bit too happy over a few deaths in this book. Highly recommend for anyone wanting something new and different
David Watson
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The world we live in is not what it seems. There’s a hidden world within our own where magic is real and all the creatures from our dreams and nightmares exist. Giants, elves, zombies, werewolves, vampires, dragons and wizards are real but they are dying.and so is the world’s magic. There are some that are trying to stop the magical apocalypse but a new problem makes worse.

Things get complicated when a giant returns to take over the world after supposedly being dead for 2,000 years. There is hop
David Watson
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Laura Ruetz
Apr 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Now this is a fantasy book that you can sink your teeth into. Told with multiple viewpoints, this is a book while taking place in our worlds, entirely captures the otherworldly feel of the beings, and the other worldly locations that span this epic story. I say epic because it is a lengthy read but you will be so invested in the story and the characters that you don't mind.

While the majority of this takes place here, the elements that are otherworldly are introduced slowly, as we get to know th
Coco.V
Mar 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/3/2020)! 🎁
Jolie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first read the blurb for Immortals’ Requiem, I thought that this was going to be a run of the mill fantasy. Since I like fantasy, I figured why not, the worst thing is that this book is cookie cutter vampire/shifter/zombie novel. Well, wasn’t I super wrong. Immortals’ Requiem was like nothing I have read before. Let’s put it this way, I loved this book. I loved how the author took everything that terrified people (vampires, shifters, zombies) and put his unique spin on them. I liked how h ...more
Andrew “The Weirdling” Glos
Immortals’ Requiem by Vincent Bobbe is the opening salvo in a larger fantasy epic. If you like fantasy, you will probably find a lot to like in this book. In the end, I was sort of lukewarm about the book. I cannot really think of any technical or larger narrative reasons why this would be the case. On those levels, the book was well written. I think in the end there was just something about the story that did not grab me.

The basic setting is that all the magical stories we tell are true. There
Cheryl
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you for the ARC read,I voluntarily give this book an honest review. This book is an amazing adventure of mythological creatures from Irish folk lore. From when Rome tried to conquer the wild people. From one smart mouth youth that thought he knew it all, demanding things from the maiden of earth and water. To someone unleashing a evil so old that even fae people had to band together. To the Morden age world of sights that the immortal youth was bored with by all his time on earth. But can ...more
Claire Cronin
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, where to start with this one?! This book came at me out of the blue, it was not on my radar to read, but after seeing the blurb I was interested and intrigued - what I didn't expect was such an epic masterpiece of a story that absolutely blew me away!! After a slow start where you're being introduced to the world and given background, the story just grabs you and won't let go. So many different characters and backgrounds, each being just a part of one big puzzle and as you read through the ...more
Jeni
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy frickin crap!! This is one crazy read! It does take a little bit to get used to the constant character changes but once you get into the flow, it's smooth sailing.

So very graphic and sad to read about what the characters have to go through. But it is so well written it leaves you asking yourself, "What the hell just happened!?" It's almost like a bad wreck, you can't help but find out what's going to happen next! Amazing!
Cade
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cade by: Vincent Bobbe
Although one might be forgiven for crediting this tale with a touch of the macabre, in fact, it contains some visions of unique and profound beauty in the spirit of Roger Zelazny. If for nothing else, the magnificence of Bobbe's vision of the Tower at the Dawn makes it worth a read. But there is plenty more to enjoy as some immortals go about their day-to-day endeavors; sometimes with gruesomeness, in which a Hollywood director will probably, some day, revel.
Ray Simmons
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you like history spanning tales of magic, power, and feuds, then you should pick up a copy of IMMORTAL’S REQUIEM by VINCENT BOBBE. This particular chapter in this tale begins around 500 B.C. but in truth, we are kind of coming in around the middle of the story. I get the feeling this thing actually started back when Man was only a gleam in God’s eye. Two powerful creatures tied together until death separates them, skip through time wreaking havoc as they go. One seems to be evil incarnate whi ...more
Jeanna
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing adventure of modern fantasy. I could not put it down. Very well done. Can't wait for the next one!
Tessa
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Barghest! I’ve finally completed this book after 2 Long months and I’m proud to say that this book delivers despite me taking a lot of pauses in between due to my hectic schedule and probably forgetting half the story.

I’m impressed with the universe Vincent Bobbe created. Unique characters, new races (the Ifrit, the Barghest, etc) spun out from nowhere. I appreciate the creativity and effort required to create these ideas so I will always commend when I see them.

Do not be fooled by Immorta
Sheila Schwartz
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this isn't usually the type of book I read but I happened upon it and WOW I was totally invested from page one! Full of good and bad and the shadows in between make this story hold your breath exciting!! Prepare to see the best of man and the not so best. Definitely dark but full of engaging characters with flaws and bad choices....believe me you won't put it down or can't!!
Kellie Harrington
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Immortals Requiem By Vincent Bobbe

I loved this book if there were a ten star system i’d give it a 15!  I mean there are some crazy things within this book, you can’t imagine. There are elves, giants, monsters, demons, and even humans were thrown in. It is a very busy book with all the characters in that respect, it was a roller coaster ride not knowing what to expect with the twist and turns this author gives us in this great novel.

Things started in 82AD, here were a set of stones, 16 of them in
Ella James
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Immortals’ Requiem by Vincent Bobbe is a wild fantastical ride in a horrific setting filled with creatures made of nightmares. This is a story that is so terrifying that I could barely read it, and definitely couldn’t put it down. The characters in this book range from mortals to monsters of every kind. They are immortals waging war against one another and it is one scary battle. Characters are being killed off and blood is everywhere.

There are several plot lines that come together like an intri
Jewel Hart
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

There are several plot lines that come together like an intri
Meano101
Apr 16, 2020 rated it it was ok
Love that the author made this book available for free during the lockdown.

The story plays out at a nice clip.. but the lack of depth to the characters, the obvious holes in the plot, disjointed dialogues, overuse of ironic references to LOTRs.. for mindless fantasy this is fine, for anything else, pass
Robin Goodfellow
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christina
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naively we believe that we mortals are the rulers of the earth. Most do not see the worlds and beings that exist with us. When the magic holding everything in its place wears thin and the balance of power shifts, chaos unfolds. Unspeakable horror will reign, and the world as we mortals know it will end unless the good of immortals and mortals together can overcome evil. Great sacrifices must be made.

Immortals' Requiem is a skillfully told, action-packed, mind-boggling, heart-pounding tale takin
Bonnie Dale Keck
don't know if kindle unlimited at all, can't get it to come up, can't even get amazon to pull the writer's name in search, my understanding it is new version I read not this one but wanted to get it reviewed already, one of my here's a free book, would be nice if you got around to reviewing it but if not, thought it would be interesting to read. I was on a fairy tale and also mythology 'kick' a while back, very interesting combination, hopefully it will be out for everyone soon and available for ...more
Egweenie
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jam-packed with excitement. A new take on some of fantasy’s classic motifs. Can’t wait to read more!
Crislee Moreno
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Action and Fantasy lovers
Well, this was a pleasant surprise. I was certainly warned it was violent. And as a homeschool mom, I tend to give reviews with my kids in mind. However, I knew this was not going to be ok for kids of any age and I welcomed the warning.
I loved it. This was action pack from the beginning. It took me a moment to understand the jumping around from character to character as they (and their stories) were introduced. It all came together nicely. There's likely to be a sequel if not one already. But i
Teresa
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This fantastic read had me enthralled from the first page to the very last. While there are many characters in this book, Grimnir, Mark, Cam, Rowan, The Maiden of Earth and Water, just a few of the good Mortal, Immortal, and Elfin, that conquer the evil that is brought forth from millennia past.

It's got violence, the guts and glory type. Great descriptions without being sickly. It has an awesome plot that sucks you in even though I feel sorry for the side characters that are introduced only to b
Leslie OBrien
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Tower is crumbling as the magic fades, and those who survive just sit there doing nothing, waiting for us all to rot away.” The Immortals are dying. Those who were once part of humanity’s dreams and nightmares must now fight for a spot in the shadows as their very existence is now at risk in Vincent Bobbe’s “Immortals’ Requiem”.

Likes: I’m a huge lover of language and Mr. Bobbe’s turn of phrase was an absolute delight to read. His descriptions brought the story alive making it easy to visual
Natasa
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm ashamed to confess that I've received a long time ago the copy of this book from the author, in exchange for my honest review.
I read it ages ago and while I was updating today all the read books (probably around a hundred I'm behind on updating here on GR), I've realized I never managed to write the review!
I am so sorry Mr Bobbe, especially as it's still very clear in my mind just how much I really liked it, enjoyed it and couldn't put it down to be honest till the very end...

I was so sure I
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Land: Monsters (Chaos Seeds, #8)
  • First Wave: (The Marcus Aries Series Book 1)
  • Paternus: Rise of Gods (The Paternus Trilogy, #1)
  • Black Stone Heart (The Obsidian Path, #1)
  • Grog
  • A Testament of Steel (Instrument of Omens, #1)
  • Firemancer Collection (Fated Saga, #1-3)
  • A Journal of the Plague Year
  • The Sword of Kaigen
  • The Seventh Knight (The Kingshield #1)
  • The Sorcerer Knight (The Kingshield #2)
  • The Sage Knight (The Kingshield, #3)
  • Fallen Love (Fallen, #1)
  • The Vampire Eirik
  • Penumbra (Darkling Mage, #0)
  • Good Omens: The BBC Radio 4 dramatisation
  • Transfusion (Transfusion Saga #1)
Vincent Bobbe is nearly forty years old. When he was about ten, he tripped on an Edgar Rice Burroughs novel and fell into his own brain. He's not quite managed to climb out yet, because the things that found him in there keep clawing him back in.

He's happily married with two young children and lives in Manchester, England. His wife is horrifically allergic to pretty much everything, so he doesn't