Start by marking “In the Shadows (Love and Justice, #3)” as Want to Read:
In the Shadows (Love and Justice, #3)

In the Shadows

(Love and Justice #3)

Rosie Hobbs is in trouble. Big trouble. The kind of trouble that has her scared to leave her apartment. When she first met Aaron he was a fun guy who liked to have a good time. Just the kind of man she prefers. But when he wants more, and she tells him she's not interested, he loses it. Continuous phone calls, showing up where she's at, vandalizing her property... She find ...more
Kindle Edition, Self Published Edition
Published May 29th 2018 by Self Published (first published June 7th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about In the Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Shadows

Start your review of In the Shadows (Love and Justice, #3)
Ruthie Taylor
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is last of a trilogy of stories about three female friends and their adventures in love. Each story features a different lead, but the stories carry on each time, so we get to see how things progress. I have really enjoyed all three of them. They all cover different issues, and remind us of how strong friendship can be in difficult times.

Here we have Rosie meeting her friend Lynette's brother Conner and both of the
Robin Hill
5 stars.

This is the first time I’ve read a trilogy of novellas. I love the idea. Instead of committing to a huge full length novel, which I don’t always have time to do, I can read a smaller novella. So, even if I get hooked and can’t put it down, I know I won’t be up all night. They’re light and sexy and fun, and the perfect cure for a book hangover! Which, as you probably know—because I can’t shut up about it—I’m currently suffering from.

All three books are romances (super steamy erotic roman
Andi
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can't get enough of Erica Lynn's Love and Justice Series. I binge read them one after the other. In the Shadows, we finally get Rosie's story.

On the surface, Rosie is the wild child of the trio. She's not afraid of her own sexuality and doesn't let anyone own her. She sets the terms and doesn't do relationships. We soon find out, it's because she's been there, done that, and has the scars to show for it. So when her most recent fling is starting to become a cling, she's looking for a way out.

C
Tiffany
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third book in this series is a standalone but there are characters who overlap and they're all just so good you'll want to read the first two as well. Rosie has a stalker in her ex, Aaron, who couldn't take no for an answer. Conner steps in to protect her from the danger. The chemistry between Rosie and Conner is instant and undeniable. This is a quick read with steamy scenes and a twist. I definitely recommend reading the whole series.
*I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this b
Jessica Largent
Apr 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved Rosie, and the way the whole trilogy tied together was perfect!
Alexis
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Alexis by: author
amazing way to end the series i loved it.
five stars for sure and i couldnt put down this book at all and yes i do plan on rereading this series its so good i loved it
Sharon
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This is one series to read when you are short on time and are looking for a pick me up. It concludes the Love and Justice Series and can be read as a standalone although I recommend reading the books in order. Rosie is the wild one of the group of women. She flaunts her sexuality and is not afraid to go after what she wants. Things turn troublesome when her latest paramour, Aaron, starts to get too clingy for her taste. Connor, Lynnette’s brother, has a home that is going to be vacant when his s ...more
Kim
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the Shadows by Erica Lynn is the third and final book in the Love and Justice series. This is a novella. This is the story of Rosie and Conner. Rosie is one of Lexie's (from book 1) best frieands. Conner is Lynette's brother and is an attorney. Lynette introduces Rosie and Conner, and asks Conner to let Rosie rent the house that Lynette used to live in. When they meet they have an immediate attraction but Rosie does not want commitment or anything permanent. Rosie has a stalker and Conner wan ...more
Lisa
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous conclusion to the Love and Justice Series

As with the previous two books, In the Shadows can be read as a standalone. It is the final book in this series that revolves around friends; Lexi, Lynette and Roxie. In the Shadows focuses on Roxie and Conner, Lynette's lawyer brother. Roxie and Conner are immediately attracted to each other, though Roxie's past had her struggling with the intensity. Conner works to prove his feelings while protecting Roxie from her stalker ex. Full of feels and
Ree
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
After meeting Rosie Hobbs at a Halloween party, Conner Montgomery is hooked. She sparks his protective instinct when she has some boyfriend trouble, but soon, his feelings toward her intensify. However, someone else has issues with Rosie, and they're slowly but surely making their presence felt.

I particularly enjoyed the plot twist in this one. I am actually sorry that there aren't more friends to read about. This trilogy is a pretty good one, and one that I would read over and over again.

I volu
Terry Hammoutene
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Love and justice series it picks up where #2 leaves off.
Rosy is independent but when she meets a guy in a bar ad he won't leave he alone she knows she is in to deep.
Connor is done watching Rosie being scared and steps up to be her protector. Little does he know that even though he is there the problems do not stop.
Together they are falling but need to figure what is going on before they can move on.
This is a great book with suspense heat and romance.

** I received a
Amy Fudge
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If ever two people deserve love and a HEA, it's Rosie and Conner. Pushed together by circumstances beyond their control, they soon discover a passion so hot it can't be denied. But will their past baggage end them before they even begin?

Every bit as good as books one and two, this novella has it all: amazing characters, sizzling hot passion and romance, intrigue and suspense, loyalty and love of family. This is one series you will want to read again and again.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This third book in the series was another thrilling and steamy read. Rosie and Conner find a connection when they're introduced to each other by Lynette from Cuff Me, book 2. Trying to avoid an obsessed ex-boyfriend, Rosie was nowhere near ready to jump into another relationship. But Conner wanting to help her left her with few options. This was an intriguing book to finish the series on, with another sexy couple seeing if they can find love despite the challenges they each face.
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is my favourite out of the series, the characters link into Her Husband's Brother and Cuff Me, but can easily be read as a standalone.

You get jealousy, anger, lies, hurt, lust, love, great friendships, and hot sex.

⛔⛔⛔SOME SPOILERS ⛔⛔⛔

Rosie is seemes to be the one who had her life together the most, but looks can be deceiving. Hurt in the past she now goes for the simple life of getting her wicked way and leaving them in her dust. Until guy doesn't wanna give her up and won't leave her
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this amazing series, and is Rosie and Conner’s story. When Rosie finds herself with a vindictive stalker, she turns to her best friend’s sexy brother to protect her. Conner is a lawyer, and he will do whatever he has to in order to protect Rosie. Will Conner be able to save Rosie from Aaron? No spoilers; this is a definite must read, you will not be disappointed! I look forward to reading more of this authors’ work, which I recommend for all readers.
I received a copy of
Aleia L
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💙

Another great quick read with a stalker and very hawt scenes! Rosie and Conner move in together because Rosie’s fling doesn’t want to accept its over and keeps showing up at her apartment. Rosie and Conner have an instant connection from the moment they meet. Rosie is normally in control of everything but she doesn’t mind when Conner takes over in the bedroom!
Rhonda
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
sexy, suspenseful novella

In the Shadows concludes Erica Lynn's Love and Justice trilogy.
Connor is sexy smart and determined to have Rosie in his life. When Rosie finally turns to him for help sparks fly as he works to keep her safe.
I received an advance reader copy of this book.
Pat
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story was well written, the plot flowed smoothly from page to page and the characters were so well developed that I was so engrossed as each page was turned that I ended up reading this book in one sitting! I highly recommend reading anything that this author writes!
Laura Larocca
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining romantic suspense novella.I did not read the two previous books so I wasn’t familiar with some of the characters but the story fell into place and I wasn’t lost.The story was well written and had a good pace to it and I enjoyed the characters Rosie and Conner,had great chemistry and they kept my interest throughout the story.I read this book as an arc and this is my honest opinion.
Lesley Williams
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I couldn’t get enough of there books. I’m a first time reader of this author and she kept me interested that’s for sure. I couldn’t put them down. I enjoyed the 3 shorter stories together it kept me turning the page to see what as next.
Rowena
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful ending to a delightful series!

What a wonderful ending to a delightful series. Rosie and Connor was a great example of how a relationship with your best friends brother can work. They were cute, lovable and just burn the chemistry with just the right amount of heat and love. A sweet, cute, and must read series that was filled with great characters!
Susana Soto
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is Conner and Rosie story. Rosie ex boyfriend turns into a stalker and won’t leave Rosie alone he just can't take No for an answer. Rosie turns to her best friend bother since hes a lawyer and know just what to do.Conner her best friend sexy brother is determent to protect Rosie from her stalker ex boyfriend.Will Connor be able to keep her safe from her ex boyfriend Aaron?
Sonja Netkovska
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
This is the third novella in Love and Justice series.
It shows us what truly love and friendship is. It's another hot romantic thriller and this time is about Lynette 's brother Conner and her friend Rosie.
I loved all novellas in this series. You should buy them, read them and enjoy in them as much as I did. Thanks Erica for this beautiful series.
Kari Hansen
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lynette, Lexi and Rosie are best friends and they are all over at Lynette’s house for Halloween. Rosie’s ex-boyfriend will not accept that their relationship is over so he comes to the house and when Connor sees how agitated he is he pretends to be Rosie’s boyfriend so that he will leave her alone.

After he leaves when Conner sees how scared Rosie is he suggests that she stay with him for a few weeks until it blows over. They had an instant attraction and as they spent time together it grew into
Rachel Blomberg
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Conner kid sister is Lynette best friend of Rosie. Rosie believes her ex-boyfriend is stocking her due to him being upset about the break up, and he shows up at Lynette’s house that they were having a Halloween party and scared Rosie and Conner thought telling him that he was her boyfriend that he would leave her alone.
Conner offers to stay with Rosie in his house for a few weeks to see if it worked but Rosie was getting calls at work where they hang up and her car got messed up. So, Conner adde
Susanne Scott
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was first book by this author, and the third in a series, the 4 stars is really only because even though the story was great, I felt I missed something from not reading the previous books (which I will fix soon!)

This was a great hit romance, the connection with Rosie and Conner was fantastic and super hot. The suspense was great with what might happen. The group of friends are really great and compliment each other .

Jeanne
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Her stalker meets his match when her best friend's brother steps in, inviting her to live with him until it's is taken care of. And then he's no longer just her best friend's brother. Instant chemistry. And the stalker twist makes it more interesting.
Lauren Hutchinson
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this story. I read it in one go as it is only a short story. It kept me interested throughout and took turns i kinda wasn't expecting but in a good way. I would live to read more about these characters.
Sparklin
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rosie story by far was my favorite book of this series. Love reading about take charge ladies.
Gladys
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in this series of novella length reads. Rosie and Conner have scorching hot chemistry and their scenes just sizzle. With a powerful and intense story that is filled with drama, danger, tense emotions, suspense and lots of heat, this book pulls you in, keeps you engaged and leave you satisfied. This is a full five star read for fans of quick reads. For me though it is a four star read because no matter how amazing and enjoyable it is (and trust me it was!), I'm left yearnin ...more

• Tempting Him (Obsessed #5)
  • Down & Dirty: Dawg (Dirty Angels MC, #7)
  • Down & Dirty: Slade (Dirty Angels MC, #6)
  • Stirred (Severton Search & Rescue, #2)
  • Claimed Royalty (Crowned And Claimed, #1)
  • Heat: A Single Dad/Hot Chef Romance
  • Horse's Bride (Devil's Riot MC #1)
  • Down & Dirty: Axel (Dirty Angels MC, #5)

Love and Justice (3 books)
  • Her Husband's Brother (Love and Justice, #1)
  • Cuff Me (Love and Justice, #2)

News & Interviews