Start by marking “The First Lady” as Want to Read:
The First Lady

The First Lady

"Sir, the First Lady ... has gone rogue."

President Tucker is caught up in a media firestorm. The scandal of his affair has sent shockwaves through his re-election campaign, and threatens to derail everything he has worked for. To win the vote, he needs the First Lady to stand by his side.

But Grace Tucker has a mind of her own.

After years of compromise, unfulfilled
Published December 13th 2018 by Century

Start your review of The First Lady
Matt
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finally out for reading...

James Patterson and Brendan DuBois renew their collaborative efforts with a new book full of thrills and political intrigue. As US President Harrison Tucker makes his final push for re-election, he finds himself in an awkward position. Caught leaving an Atlanta hotel with his mistress, Tucker scrambles to save his reputation, but is unable to keep media reports from reaching First Lady Grace Tucker. Understandably upset, the First Lady excuses herself and leaves the
Kat
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-1
The president is having a passionate affair with a member of his PR staff, but alas, the media catches on and all hell breaks loose. This was a delightful part soap opera, part thriller, part mystery as we see who will come out ahead in our little chess game. (view spoiler) ...more
Tim
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the rare Patterson factory stories that is actually good. Kudos Brendan DuBois. An excellent listen or a quick read. 8 of 10 stars
Elaine Heading
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Mandy White
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quiet day today and managed to listen to this in one day. A good stand alone atory with an unexpected twist
Christine Fulton
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Barbara McBride butchered this book. Her mispronunciation of Maryland and Potomac made me cringe every time. Didn't anyone listen to this before publishing? Did anyone hear her pronounce these incorrectly?

Anyway, the story was good but predictable. I think this is the lowest rating I have ever given a Patterson book.
Kay
A light political thriller and a good collaboration, kudos to Brendan Dubois. I read The Cornwalls Are Gone and I much prefer The First Lady between the two. There are a few unanswered parts but overall this was a fun and quick read.
Adrienne
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful light reading. Many twists and turns. A real surprise ending. Unputdownable
Carol
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
TWENTY-ONE MINUTES before the ambush, Harrison Tucker—former state senator, former Ohio governor, President of the United States, leader of the free world, and a month away from being reelected in a landslide to a second term—is lying on his stomach on a king-size bed in an Atlanta hotel room, feet toward the headboard, chin resting on a pillow, watching a retrospective documentary on the TV series House of Cards with the love of his life.

A breakfast cart with the remains of two meals has been
Paula  Phillips
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I have to admit. First I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy this book as I found The President is Missing hard to get into and it ended up being a DNF for me. The First Lady, on the other hand, I did enjoy as I loved the character of Grace Tucker - the first lady. She was strong, stood by her moral code and ethics. She was her person and had a strong sense of what was right and wrong. The President, on the other hand, I found him such a weak man in this book and quite pathetic. Just because he is ...more
Rebecca
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
This book should have been better than it was. I got the sense they just didn't take the time to really edit, and ended up with a bit of a hot mess. I enjoyed the set-up, and the pacing (as usual with Patterson) made it easy to keep going. There's a theme of female empowerment that I enjoyed, even if it was a bit heavy handed.

But there were major flaws... significant subplots disappeared for the majority of the book; characters were killed for no logical (or enjoyably insane) reason and had
Naaytaashreads
Jan 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I receive a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

"Not a word to me or I'll toss you out and drive myself."

This book gave me a very stressful headache.
It's really drama and on the edge of my seat kind of story and I love it.
I love the short chapters in the book and the different POV.

I was so stress out on who I can trust.
I definitely trust Agent Grissom and definitely wanted to punch Parker.
Every time it was Parker's POV i wanted to strangle him so bad.
I love that
Mahoghani 23
This book was so compelling that I finished reading it in one day. Politics can be a deadly experience & if you don't know what's going on, you'll end up dead.

Secret Service Agent Sally Grissom is on the case. Her hands are severely tied in regards to solving this case. Every way she turns, the white house chief of staff, Parker Hoyt, thwarts her.

A book you'll truly enjoy.
Anna
The election is weeks away and it is looking promising for the President. Then his affair is revealed in a media blitz and his poll numbers are dropping. To top it off, the first lady has disappeared. It's assumed that she is licking her wounds at a horse ranch she loves, but then no one can locate her. Sally Grissom, top secret service agent in the Presidential Protection team is called in to investigate. Sally is relentless in her pursuit of the first lady, determined to find her and keep her ...more
Bookreporter.com Mystery & Thriller
Please believe me when I tell you that THE FIRST LADY should be on your must-read list. It begins with a compelling premise, spirals off into a couple of different intriguing directions, and then all comes back together for an ending you probably won’t see coming while answering a question that it never really asks. The book gives readers all of that, along with a number of true-to-life and memorable characters and impeccable pacing. You can’t really ask for more than that, can you?

If anyone is
Annette Chidzey
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This fast paced novel co-written by James Patterson and Brendan DuBois was indicative of other Patterson novels I have read in that the key characters were quickly introduced to the reader and their specific roles and circumstances established promptly so that the narrative could rapidly unfold. Having previously read ‘The President is Missing’, I was immediately drawn to this account set as it was in Washington DC, a location I had recently visited. Grace Tuçker, the wife of the American ...more
Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'?
It's four weeks until the election for the new President. Current President Tucker is enjoying himself at a hotel in Atlanta with his girlfriend, while his wife and first lady, Grace Tucker, is fulfilling the duties of her office. When the President leave the hotel with his mistress, all hell breaks loose. There are reporters everywhere, there to catch the scandal. It's all just too much for the First Lady to handle, so she retreats to one of her favorite places and then, she turns up missing. ...more
Gail
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an exciting read! I loved every minute of it and had a very hard time putting the book down. I kept reading because you never knew what would happen next. Filled with twists and turns.
Judy Frey
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Patterson. Absolutely wonderful fun, summer reading
Mark
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the 1st of the collaborations of James Patterson and Brendan Dubois that I've read and its a thoroughly entertaining political thriller...Starts with a bang and carries that page-turning momentum through the entire book...The President is caught in an affair and the First Lady has gone missing...The head of the White House protection detail Secret Service Agent Sally Grissom is thrust into the middle of this maelstrom of events, while fight her own personal battles...Decent read!!!
Monica
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lot better than JP's last one. President gets caught in an affair. Happens all the time, but what doesn't happen is the First Wife going missing. Secret Service is called in. Is she really missing? Does the President really want her found? What lengths will his Chief of Staff go to, to win the next election in a couple of week? Happy Reading ...more
Jessica
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
All my reviews can be found at http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~
This review will post on my site on July 30, 2019.
Novel: 4 stars
Audiobook: 2.5 stars
Average: 3 stars
~~~~
The First Lady is collaboration between James Patterson and Brendan DuBois and it was well done! Patterson’s collaborations can be hit or miss and other than multiple narrator pronunciation errors in the audiobook, this one was a hit for me.

Just weeks before the election, the president is caught in an affair, which could
Donna Hines
James is back but this time he's lost something valuable- Our First Lady!
Well kind of as she's tucked away in a rural area but not many know until money comes into play or as they say you might have to pay out the ARSE.
Well, for starters she might've wanted to run after all she just witnessed on tv her husband the President of USA with another woman named Tammy.
Of course, there must be an explanation. Or one should hope since both parties are married.
Not much for reasoning but when her husband
David Schwarm
Apr 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
this is horrible. I mean an absolutely dreadful book. ALL of the characters are cliches. The plot is actually worse then a mid-70's Hollywood film about Washington corruption. The plot is painfully predictable. The "heart string tugs" actually induced nausea.

this was selected by my book club one week when I was not there...I am still very unclear on how this happened.

finishing this book was painful & I hope that the author actually feels bad for having written this doggerel--seriously there
Kate
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hugely entertaining political thriller, although its writing feels less 'Pattersony', and not as good, as in other Patterson books I've read recently. Nevertheless, I enjoyed every page and gobbled it up. Review to follow shortly on For Winter Nights.
The Basic Bookworm
May 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had to go through the most unbelievable struggle just to get my hands on this book, so you can imagine how excited I was when I finally got around to reading it. I'm not too sure about what I was expecting but it definitely wasn't this. I thought it was a great narrative to pass the time while I was sick, but I was also a little confused.

I don't really have many faults to comment on, so this section will be brief. I'm not really into political intrigue or anything politics-related, really. The
Andrew
A typical James Patterson. Can’t decide between a 2 star or 3.

Review taken from The Pewter Wolf as part of the blog's Murder Month 2019

Do you have one of those authors? You know the authors I mean. The ones where you know you shouldn’t read as you and they don’t get on, but every now and then, your resolve weakens and you go “One last time. I will try that author one more time”?

This is my relationship with James Patterson. I find his audiobooks fun, fast and great beach reads, but I find them
Jeanne
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first read (listen on audiobook) for this author -- I enjoyed his writing and plot. This one had many twists and turns, getting a bit long at times when it seemed like everything was going nowhere. Enjoyed how Mr Patterson rolled it all together and tied it up with a great ending! Well developed, strong women characters in both Grace Tucker and Sally Grissom! 7 out of 10.
Nicole Alycia
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yet another thrilling story penned by Patterson and co.

I love these books because they’re such quick easy reads. The short chapters help me fly through them and they’re always action packed and engaging so I never want to put it down!
I can always count on a Patterson book to get me out of a bit of a reading funk.
Marian
Sep 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
perfect beach read...light and easy.

• Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • One Good Deed
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)
  • Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Labyrinth (FBI Thriller #23)
  • Someone Knows
  • The Guardians
  • Outfox
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • Contraband (Stone Barrington, #50)
  • The A List (Ali Reynolds, #14)
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • Run Away
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • The Never Game (Colter Shaw, #1)
  • Blessing in Disguise
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books
“Block doorknob and lock.” 0 likes