Start by marking “The Devil's Blade” as Want to Read:
The Devil's Blade

The Devil's Blade

Drawn to a mysterious church in the heart of the city, photographer Kate Logan soon realizes that dark forces are at work. Her pictures show figures that shouldn't be there, figures that hint at the church's true nature. But by the time she understands what she's uncovered, it might be too late for Kate to escape.

Meanwhile, as she gets closer to the enigmatic John Dagwood,
Published May 29th 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Blade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Blade

Start your review of The Devil's Blade
Teena Renken
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Entertaining

Although there were way too many time jumps to keep up with, the story was good. All in all a creepy story.
Brenda
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Amy Cross usually has a good story line - this one was okay. It needs a lot of editing.
Sheila Baur
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Proofreading

The story line is ok. What makes the book so difficult to follow are the mistakes. If her works were looked over before publishing they would be so much better.
Lea Setegn
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sharon Lourenco
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Interesting story. Do not read this if you do not want to know a part of ending.

I liked this story and it was interesting. My problem with this and a lot of Amy Cross books are that they aren't proof read properly. I find so many words that are wrong and I have to guess what is correct. At the end her friend said she would not miss her 65th birthday and then the main character was looking in mirror and said she was 85. How old was she really? Then she said the church incident happened 20 years
Rachel
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another Good One

I always enjoy Amy's books, obviously some more than others but they are always entertaining. This one is one that I enjoyed a lot. The storyline was interesting, it held my focus and I like the ending. It would be great if there were a follow up.

Unfortunately it contains the same continuity errors all of Amy's books have. Not as bad as some but they still jar me out of the story. At one point a person's age changes by 20 years in just a few sentences! It really feels like the
Julie Donovan
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Awful editing

He becomes the and vice versa. The ending felt rushed and left me with a feeling of what? Nothing is explained or resolved. This author is one of my favorites but not this book. A word of advice, if you write about Americans, they say flashlight not torch, operating room not theater as well as many other little differences.
Darla Jay
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved and I ain't easy to please

Another good one by Amy Cross. I am so happy I discovered her! This book seemed predictable but as usual, it ain't! Love the end mind blown, but definite opportunity for a sequel!
patricia robertson
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A cracking read

I have read a number of Amy Cross books now ..to date this is my favourite .. the build up is steady ..the characters were really interesting .I would recommend this book to my friends
Helen Lancaster Lancaster
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Amy classic

Loved this book. Have to give praise to Amy her stories are always riveting and this was no exception. It's about the Devil good versus evil. I will be downloading more.
vanessa elizabeth hawke
Did anyone actually edit this???

The story itself isn't bad but the book is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors. There are elements of this that contradict eachother. One of which ruined the ending for me. It just seemed lazy. Did nobody proofread this book?
Deborah
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Horror story

Overall I really enjoyed this book. There were quite a few misspellings and grammatical errors. What's up with that? But it was a good horror story and I would read more books by this author.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Give or take punctuation problems & a storyline jump, this is up there with one of my favourite Amy Cross novels. I would love to read a follow on, as Amy does with many of her books. Couldn't put this one down & it comes highly recommended from me.
David Stewart
Jun 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: horror
Borderline illiterate, with plot holes and inconsistencies you could drive a bus through! Amy Cross can write well but serving up books that obviously haven't been proofread or edited and expecting people to pay for them is a joke.
John Morris
Oct 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That was a real page turner.

Ignore the inconsistencies and the poor editing, this was a very good story. It reminded me of the film "Rosemary's Baby". The heroine wasn't a very likeable character but then, in an Amy Cross story, not many people are. Well worth reading.
geraldine dionne
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another Winner

Another unique novel from the talented and imaginative mind of author Amy Cross. I always look forward to where she will take her readers next.
kelly norris
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Brilliant book, thought I had a favourite author in James Patterson until I discovered Amy cross. Never disappointed. Great twist at end of this book!
shannon ghostkeeper
Jun 04, 2018
Holly Adams
Aug 04, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Malefic (House of Souls #2)
  • The Carrow Haunt
  • Don't Look Back
  • The House of Long Shadows (House of Souls #1)
  • Palmer Entity: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters (Asylum Series Book 2)
  • Black Acres: The Complete Collection
  • Hunted
  • Rookwood Asylum: Supernatural Suspense with Scary & Horrifying Monsters (Asylum Series Book 1)
  • The House Next Door
  • The Demonic
  • The Splendor of Fear
  • The Ouija Conjuring
  • The Mark
  • Worthe's Village (Haunted Village Series Book 1)
  • The Owlmen: If They See You They Will Come For You
  • Hell:  The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens
  • The Sensitives (The Sensitives, #1)
  • Daddy Won't Kill You: The Haunting in the Woods
Amy Cross writes novels and short stories in a number of genres, mainly horror, paranormal and fantasy. Books include The Farm, Annie's Room, The Island, Eli's Town and Asylum.