Start by marking “The Winner's Circle” as Want to Read:
The Winner's Circle

The Winner's Circle

FAITH… FAMILY… FRENZY!

Life in rural small town can dull the senses. A trio of gal pals—mired in middle age, Middle America, and other people’s problems—long to escape.

When Bonnie wins the Boffo Lotto, her circle of friends urge her to lawyer up, invest, and sequester herself.

But secrets are inconceivable in small towns, so Bonnie and Carl invite close friends to witness t
Published February 1st 2019 by Acorn Publishing

3 no 7
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
“The Winners Circle” by PJ Colander is book three in the “Faith, Family, Frenzy” series. Fran, Bonnie, and Jackie, familiar characters from the first two books, are still laughing it up on each page, and new readers will laugh right along with them. Any needed background information is incorporated in the natural narrative of this book. Readers new and old alike shake their heads and ask themselves “Why are some people devoted to chaos and determined to live in turmoil?” Regular readers will als ...more
Colleen M. Chesebro
I’ve enjoyed every book in this series and “The Winners Circle,” wraps up this trio in the best way possible with plenty of humor and pathos to keep you reading to the end. You know, I wasn’t sure what to expect from this book… Where could P. J. Colando go next?

Steve and Jacquie are the perfect Midwest farm couple. You sense their love for one another with each turn of the page. In Book One, called “Stashes,” (Read my review on colleenchesebro.com) Jackie and Steve Breeden, your average hard-wor
David Kennedy
Dec 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Winning the lottery would be boffo, right? When middle-aged midwesterner Bonnie wins the Boffo Lotto, she comes into life-changing money, but does that automatically make life grand? Perhaps! In PJ Colando’s The Winner’s Circle, good-natured, god-fearing Bonnie takes new husband Carl and sister-in-law Jackie (and her hubby Steve) on a whirlwind worldwide trip, while her other bestie Fran elects to stay home and watch over Jackie’s farm and her own preacher-husband Paul.

The travelers find themsel
Christopher Lentz
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt and delightful! Prepare to become addicted to funny, funny prose. Like the heroine, you’ll win the lottery with The Winner’s Circle.
Diane Rogers
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
P.J Colando has written a hilarious tale of four unlikely travel companions on an unexpected adventure Down Under. Their Antipodean antics will keep you turning pages to discover where their questionable decisions will land them. Be prepared to laugh out loud.
Wendykaiser
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The Winner’s Circle” by PJ Colando

Anything can happen when you get mixed up with a Californian, and it does. “Hell’s bells!” Efficient sidelines church secretary, Bonnie of Michigan, is suddenly a lottery winning millionaire princess center stage where she gathers her friends into “The Winner’s Circle.” “Her present perfect, and her past recast.” Zany hi jinx adventure ensues across the world via Michigan, Vegas, California, Hawaii and down under to Australia, packed with friends, family, fait
Kitt O'Malley
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun Boomer Chick Lit novel by PJ Colando. Whirlwind adventure follows these characters once Bonnie wins the lottery.

Third book in Colando’s series. I’ve read all three, but this novel stands on its own. No need to read the others first, though it’s fun to get to know the characters better.

Great to read a humorous novel with mature (boomer) female protagonists, each with her own unique style and life story — farmer’s wife and mother, recently retired school principal, and former church secretar
Kassie Ritman
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this fast and fun read! PJ Colando takes readers for a wild ride, adventuring across the globe with characters so familiar they feel like family. This series keeps getting better, hope she's got another up her sleeve!!
Fred Klein
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Does Money buy happiness maybe but in this case it buys comedy.
When 3 mid-western gals go half way around the world to celebrate
winning the lottery chaos and hilarity ensue.
Lori Oliver-Tierney
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
P.J Colando had me laughing and wondering what this zany group of people would think of to do next. It is like being on a carousel and jumping from animal to animal and holding on for a wild ride. I enjoyed her sense of humor and living vicariously through her characters. A fun read.
P.J. Colando
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kirkus Reviews says "A stylish, comic tale about unexpected changes in life."
Κική
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
*Free Review Copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

I was not aware that this book was a sequel when I requested it, which was probably why I found that the characters lacked depth. I am sure the author had introduced them better in the previous two books, so I will not hold this against her.

Unfortunately, this book was way too religious for me, or for any reader that does not base their life on faith. There was also no big conflict that drove the plot. Even when something i
Lisa Ann
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
P.J. Colando's "The Winner's Circle"

A group of small town church people set off for the Austrialian adventure of a lifetime. All thanks to Bonnie who won multi-millions in the lottery. Bankrolling her friends jet set style becomes a hassle. Friendships get tested through privledge and jealously. The millions go fast as Bonnie spends it on tithing to the church, hush money, lawsuits, jail time, expensive attorney bills and lots of wine, weed and wigs.

I enjoyed reading this book because the mi
Kathryn  Atkins
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Colando deftly handles themes of friendship, greed, family and small-town living in a delightful romp through the land of lottery winnings. The cast of characters makes you smile right off the bat. Did we see a little of the Bonnie and Clyde archetypes in the Bonnie and Carl characters? You might think so.

After reading this international romp, and seeing how the characters are all affected by the lottery, the author's questions remain. "What would you do with a boffo lotto win?" and "Is $8 m
Casey Dorman
Jul 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Holy God-fearing crap!” “Holy Catholic Communion” These are a few of the memorable exclamations from the intrepid members of the Silly Hats and Caps Society, Fran, Jackie and Bonnie as they embark on their latest adventure. “Winner’s Circle” is replete with the hilarious and clever banter, asides, and musings of the three Midwestern women who were in author P.J. Colando’s previous comedic novels. This time, Bonnie, who is about to marry Steve’s brother Carl, wins the Boffo Lotto and after the L ...more
Jessy Alvarado
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cathy Speight
Jul 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
A huge lotto win isn't an original storyline, but a half-billion lotto win is a shedload of money. A little obscene, some would say. So, I was intrigued by how this would pan out.

Regrettably, I was never going to like Bonnie, one of the main characters: "Bonnie regarded a fur as entry level for a millionaire."..."Who needed lipstick and fresh makeup when a mink coat caressed?" It's true, you know: it takes fifty dumb animals to make a coat and only one to wear it. In this case, the dumb, brainl
August Norman
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Winner’s Circle by PJ Colando is a funny, homespun adventure of three church ladies of retirement age from the American Midwest dealing with the blessings and fallout of a lottery win. Though the third installment in a series, this story stands alone, a sort-of Sex in the City where the women prefer Michigan State sweats and tennis shoes to Manolo Blahniks, and the swearing has the colorful witticisms of those doing anything possible not to invoke the lord’s name in vain.
While The Winner’s
Jan Steele
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Winning the mega lottery is what many of us dream of, but when one of three close friends hits it big the dream comes with complications. These small-town, church-loving ladies are excited about their friend's good fortune, dreaming up a more glamorous life of relaxation after years of hard work. But when the money becomes a reality they begin to realize that money can't buy everything!

P.J. Colando has a unique writing style that makes you giggle all the way to the end. Each character is well-de
Liz
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Complimentary copy of this book was received through Voracious Readers Only

I expected to enjoy this book a bit more than I did. The story hook was good and I was keen to see how things work out when a fortune is won.

It may have been helpful to have read the previous books in the series as I had big questions about the characters and why they were in the situations they were in.

Speaking of the characters, none of them appealed to me as I found them shallow and annoying. Though I coped well with
Paula Pugh
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
The Winner’s Circle is such a cute story about three friends in middle age, two who embark on an adventure when one of them wins the lotto big time. The third friend, newly married to a pastor, remains in their small town to do damage control when things for the travelers go way south. There are some crazy, funny scenes that happen to delight and tickle the funny bone.
Maddog
Apr 14, 2019
Kelley Kirby
Apr 21, 2019
RABT Book Tours: The Winner's Circle by PJ Colando 1 1 Sep 07, 2019 05:10AM
I was born and raised in the Midwest, but unabashedly aspired for adventure elsewhere, following my parents' model.

I live in southern California, where seasons seldom matter, where any promise can be conjured and fulfilled. I write while my husband watches TV sports, which are always in season = often.

My genre is commercial women's fiction.

I am having a blast! And, I hope you are, too. Reading