Start by marking “The Alcove (Lavender Shores, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Alcove (Lavender Shores, #7)

The Alcove

(Lavender Shores #7)

Jasper Getty is living his dream as the owner of the charming bookshop, Lavender Pages. For seven years, he’s enjoyed the safety and freedom to be himself, selling books by day and curling up and getting lost in novels by night. But a dark page from the past comes back to haunt Jasper as his ex begins stalking him.Russell Wallace hit reset on his life in Nashville and beca ...more
Published May 29th 2018 by Wings of Ink Publications, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Alcove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alcove

~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

The seventh Lavender Shores book didn't disappoint; kudos to:

- Age gap (Russell is nearly two decades older than Jasper)

- Two imperfect, slightly damaged MCs who are perfect together

- Geeky ginger bookworm + burly former cop/bodyguard

- Sexual tension galore (Russell and Jasper have great chemistry!)

- SIZZLING, unforgettable one-off in a public bathhouse that is the beginning of a beautiful love story

- Lots of book talk, a shout-out to Lucy Lennox's Made Marian series, and a naughty drunken
Cadiva
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This love in a bookshop romance hits the spot

This was a cracking return to form for the Lavender Shores series as bookworm Jasper gets his Whitney Houston 'The Bodyguard' moment when he falls for Russell.

With any book which relies on a stalker plot, you need to balance the line between amping up the tension and making the threat too much. I think Rosalind Abel hit the right note here without making Russell or Jasper commit a stupid mistake to allow the stalker access.

Clever timing and a note tha
Debra
When I start a Lavender Shores book I know what to expect and this one was no exception. What was quite different here was that neither of the MCs were part of the founding families and I quite enjoyed that aspect. There were, of course, cameos from past couples, but it was nice seeing two “outsiders” take the lead for a change.

Jasper is the quiet bookstore owner and brother of Harrison (The Glasshouse). He moved to Lavender Shores to rebuild his life after his brother did and enjoys the life an
Mia Sciberras
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Prev forgotten anonymous hook-up ✔
May/December ✔
Bodyguard ✔
*almost* insta-love ✔

There is so much to love about the Lavender Shore series, not least it's unashamed love affair with, and homage to, all of our favorite romantic tropes, and in The Alcove we're served a trope-feast In the story of a nerdy book-loving 'ginger' (Jasper) and his broody, reticent hunk of a bodyguard (Russell). Throw in a criminal ex-boyfriend stalker, a town full of crazy yet charming characters, bathhouse encounters and
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Ok, so I can't stop reading this series. I am completely drawn to it for some reason even though I obviously have a love hate relationship with it.

This was on the side of love again. Whew! I was hoping for a win with Jasper's story.

This wasn't my favorite installment but it is pretty close. I wasn't even annoyed by the inner voice and not using your real voice!

I've been having a pretty in depth convo about age gaps with one of my friends and I normally am not a fan. For some reason this one did
Nat
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy a good bodyguard trope and this was a great twist on it. Russell isn’t guarding a rock star or actor, he’s guarding Jasper, Harrison’s brother and bookshop owner. Jasper’s ex is out of jail and he’s pretty sure the guy is stalking him. The surprising part of having Russell watching him is realizing they have a past connection, an anonymous bathhouse encounter on a night that was a turning point for both of them. Big bonus, it’s also a May-December/age gap, another favorite and Rus ...more
haletostilinski
I enjoyed this seventh installment in this series. It was different than the other novels have been - still keeping the charm and almost storybook feel of Lavender Shores in it, but also a lot darker compared to the other books in this series.

With Jasper's ex getting out of jail and starting to stalk Jasper, Harrison insists on hiring a bodyguard for Jasper - especially while he and Adrian are away for their one year anniversary in San Fran - and Jasper agrees.

Of course his bodyguard is Russell
Elaine White
Book – The Alcove
Series – Lavender Shores #7
Author – Rosalind Abel
Star rating - ★★★★★
No. of Pages – 303
Cover – Beautiful!
POV – 1st person, dual POV
Would I read it again – Yes!
Genre – LGBT, Romance, Contemporary, May/December
Content Warning – stalking, domestic abuse, violence, history of child abuse, scenes of therapy discussing child abuse and homophobic families

I fell in love before the end of Prologue: Part One, and I stayed in love long after 'The End'.

I've fallen in love with every Lavender
Glakritz
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rated Mature
Release Date: May 30,2018
Pages:

This is the Seventh Book of this series, and I am hoping there is no end in sight. We have ben intrigued by this author giving us a beautiful place to visit and filling it with people whose lives we are sharing. Lavender Shores is a wonderland, a beautiful town in the Pacific northwest, settled by the founding fa
Cammey Kelley
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
May-December romance..the bodyguard trope works well for big, gruff Russell and bookworm Jasper.

Jasper, free from an abusive relationship, celebrates with a trip to the local seedy bathhouse in Nashville. There he has a hot...smoking hot...encounter with Russell, a police officer, who has had life altering series events which brings him seeking the same relief as Jasper.

Fast forward several years, and these two meet again. Jasper is now the owner of Lavender Shores bookshop and Russell is hired
Chris
Sep 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
3.5 stars for this book. I enjoy this series but this story didn’t quite hit the mark for me. While I like Jasper, i really didn’t buy the dynamic for some reason. The whole stalker element was frustrating ! As for Russell his closet issues were super annoying - for a big tough guy like him, I expected him to be out and proud. I’m glad they both worked it out .. eventually!!
Debbie
Independent reviewer for Archaeolibrarian, I was gifted my copy of this book.

This is book 7 in the Lavender Shores series, and I would recommend you read the other books before this one. Not totally necessary, but you should, not least because I said so!

Jasper is happy in Lavender Shores, working his bookshop, Lavender Pages. That is, until someone he thought long gone turns up. So Harrison, Jasper's older brother, hires a bodyguard for Jasper while he is out of town. But Jasper and Russell have
Molli B.
My third book from this series (I've now read 8, 5, and 7), and I'm still enjoying them! Getting to know people better, figure out who everyone is. There was a tiny bit of Connor and Micah in this, and lots of Harrison and Adrian, at whom I'm still cranky because I read book 8 first. :) (I doubt I'll ever read their story, #6.)

I liked both Jasper and Russell—they seem to complement each other well. And Jasper has basically my dream life/job. I thought it was interesting how the author chose to r
namericanwordcat
We get the bodyguard theme in this romance with fun nods to the Houston/Costner film. The other great fun of this book is we have a ginger bookworm hero. Yea! And he loves romance and cozy mysteries so there is all kinds of great allusions, romance conferences, and book club joy.

Jasper gives books to Russell which we all know much better than flowers. The stalker aspect of the book is of less interest to me but Jasper does end up saving his self.

Able/Witt always does a wonderful job with sex po
Dixiecowgirl
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story!! i enjoyed the touch of fate bring both of these men together when they needed each other, not once but two times. i really loved both of these MC's, they each had characteristics that i found endearing and back stories that hurt my heart. Both men were strong because of what they had endured and they both remade themselves and moved forward in life.

Jasper and Russell were a fun, likable and engaging couple. You could feel how they fit together and their chemistry fogged up
Ann
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why is it that every time I read one of Rosalind's books it becomes my new favourite?
Here we have Jasper Getty running his dream bookshop, Lavender Pages but someone from his past is after him. Russell Wallace is the bodyguard who is asked to do a favour for a friend and keep an eye on Jasper. He doesn't expect to find the man of his dreams in Lavender Shores and watching these two dance around each other while trying to stay safe at the same time is both amusing and heartwarming.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it

Dana
Shelves: m-m
Reviewed for Rainbow Gold Reviews. A copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

I absolutely love the world of Lavender Shores!! It’s a small town and admittedly has it’s faults. Like everyone knowing everyone’s business. But there is also having the support of the community around you. In Lavender Shores, it also means acceptance of all people who identify as LGBT. It is a safe haven. I wish it was real, and that it was near me so at least I could visit it if not live there. As it is,
E.
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

“The Alcove” by Rosalind Abel is part of the ‘Lavender Shores’ series that centers around a very special fictional town in northern California. This story highlights Jasper Getty, who owns the bookstore Lavender Pages. His idyllic life is disrupted by the threat posed by the release of his ex from jail. Russell Wallace has been hired by Jasper’s older brother Harrison to provide protection, but finds himself powerless to resist the man who has haunted his fantasies for the past seven ye
JenCW
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, contemporary
4.25 stars!

I enjoyed this book and didn't want to set it down once I started. I have read several of the Lavender Shores books and reading this one reminded me that I needed to catch up with the ones that I missed. I love this town and its quirky characters.

Russell comes in to be Jasper's bodyguard. Jasper's ex was released from jail early and has been leaving things for Jasper. Early on, Jasper realizes that he's met Russell before. The first time he met Russell, he was celebrating his freedom
Victoria Smiser
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Always a celebration, even before you open the cover, to begin a new Lavender Shore Book. THE ALCOVE, Rosalind Abel’s newest addition to the Lavender Shores series will not disappoint her legion of readers.
THE ALCOVE begins with Jasper Getty’s story. Jasper is the adorable ginger haired younger brother of Harrison Getty (THE GLASSHOUSE.) Jasper owns Lavender Pages, the perfect bookstore for a geeky bookworm. Having settled in picturesque Lavender Shores to begin a dream life, sharing books, the
Amy Dufera
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jasper needs a bodyguard to protect him from an ex. His brother hires Rusell. Jasper is not happy about this. Thinking having Russell around will be sufacating, he finds himself actually more at ease in his presence.

This isn't the first time they have met. They have a history. A short, brief, sexual history seven years ago. Now they are avoiding the sexual tension between them. Avoiding it though, starts to seem pointless. After all, they have a sexual history.

Jasper and Russell are two very dif
Ayla
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nerd, stalker
Another great book from the Lavender Shores series! I LOVED getting to know Jasper in the previous books, so I was really excited to get his HEA.

I really enjoy this authors writing. It always keeps me interested and there is the perfect amount of inter-dialogue and dialogue for me. While I did not love Russell as much as I loved Jasper, he was a good character and they were super sweet together! The bodyguard trope for me is HOT, and Russell is the perfect bodyguard.

I liked the storyline with
Amy
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how the author does it, but she has created a beautiful place called Lavender Shores, with wonderful people and families. Jasper Getty is living his dream of owning a bookstore and living free, for now. Then his past comes back to haunt him leaving messages that scare him. His brother hires a bodyguard, Russell Wallace.

At first Jasper is not happy but one look at Russell and he’s hooked, but on a longer look he knows that body, those eyes...he would never forget him even 7 years la
kathleen
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Alcove is book #7 in the Lavender Shores series. This series just keeps getting better and better. I fell in love with Jasper the wonderfully nerdy bookworm. He is sweet, strong and amazing! I also fell in love with Russell the older, sexy bodyguard.

This story has it all. Second chance romance! Hot chemistry! Danger! True love! The chemistry between Jasper and Russell is so tangible it sets the pages on fire. I loved watching these two figure out their HEA! I can't wait to see who Rosalind A
TK
I love Lavender Shores!

This is such a great series and The Alcove was a great read. This book made me laugh(Robert Kelley) and sad in some places(during group). Harper and Russell are perfect for each other and got their hea.
Jenn (not Lily)
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku, contemporary
A little OTT at times, but if the crazy ex-boyfriend trope wasn't appropriate to be OTT, I don't know what is! Hot, funny, poignant, and more than a little action-packed. It's a good read, and all the cozy book-reading scenes are just bonus.
DTM
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm thoroughly in love with this series. I'm so happy Jasper got his HEA because he needed it!! However, this book fell a bit short for me in comparison to the others. It seemed as though it was written in a rush and some parts just fell flat for me. Maybe I'm just spoiled!!
Shey Houston
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I just love this series!
We learned a lot about Jasper in his brother's book The Glass House #6, but there was so much more to Jasper than I really thought. Oh how my heart went to Russell though. His story really hurt my heart but Jasper was so perfect for him even as he fought it. Although Jasper had to fight his demons before finding his own HEA.
I really loved how Rosalind brought in another one of my favorite series as well. This whole book was perfect for an avid reader!
Lisa
Love Lavender Shores

The Alcove was an amazing book. I loved Jasper and Russell. This book was sweet and also kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what would happen next. The Lavender Shore books are such a great read and I recommend reading them all.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Love and Lint Rollers
  • Poster Boy (Theta Alpha Gamma #5)
  • Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)
  • Old Acquaintance
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Take Down (Open Wounds #2)
  • Forsaken
  • Giving Up the Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #2)
  • Get a Grip (Bluewater Bay, #19)
  • Frankie—Unforgettable (Man Up #2)
  • The Time Between Us (Between Us #1)
  • Level Up
  • Feat of Clay (Men of London #4)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #5)
  • Omega's Winter Baby
  • Cash (Lucky, #2)
  • Until You Say Otherwise (Lonely Hearts #4)

Lavender Shores (9 books)
  • The Palisade (Lavender Shores, #1)
  • The Garden (Lavender Shores, #2)
  • The Veranda (Lavender Shores, #3)
  • The Shipwreck (Lavender Shores, #4)
  • The Hideaway (Lavender Shores, #5)
  • The Glasshouse (Lavender Shores #6)
  • The Wilderness (Lavender Shores, #8)
  • The Victorian (Lavender Shores #9)