Start by marking “Waiting for Autumn” as Want to Read:
Waiting for Autumn

Waiting for Autumn

Sebastian

“Race me for it.”
Four simple words. Five desolate years.

Sebastian Kelly believes he isn’t worthy of redemption, of a chance to right his wrongs. But an unexpected trip home, the place he dreads most, calls in question everything he’s come to believe. And who knows, he may find exactly what he’s been waiting for.

Autumn

One broken promise. Two pink lines.

Autumn
Published October 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Waiting for Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Waiting for Autumn

Start your review of Waiting for Autumn
KAS
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Only Time Will Tell. Only Time Can Heal.

WHOA!! Oh my gosh, this one grabbed me whole and didn’t let go from start to finish.

My first read by this author and I enjoyed her unique writing style.

I went in blind, not knowing a darn thing about the storyline or the characters, and I suggest you do the same! I only saw the five star ratings and assumed by the cover it was a romance. It was riveting, and worth every second of my time.

It is one heck of a second chancer with characters I fell
Carvanz
description

Oh my gosh! This was one of the most stunningly beautiful books I’ve read! I am so totally in love with both Sebastian and Autumn. I’ll be riding this high for a long while.

Second chance romances can be a bit tricky for me but holy heck, this one was absolute perfection! I loved the little flashbacks of Seb and Autumn as well as Brady, Autumn’s brother. It gave just enough background to their relationship, how it developed and where it led them.

description

The pain and angst of their conflict was just so
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4 stars

I'm always open to new authors, this is my first book from this author and I loved it!It was a sweet and emotional read.

description

This is exactly what I expected from a second chance romance.After a tragedy Autumn and Sebastian were apart and now after years they meet again.There were so many feeling between them.

Their journey isn't easy, they have to deal with their past.I love their moments together.So intense and emotional.

It was a great story.I'm looking forward to read more books from this
Stormi (Bewitched Reader)
After reading the blurb for Waiting for Autumn I just HAD to get my hands on this story. It is like all of my favorite romance tropes bundled into one amazing story. Friends to Lovers? Check. Best Friend's Sibling? Check. Small Town? Check. Friends to Lovers? Check. Second Chance? Check. Secret Baby? Check. New Adult? Check. Add J.A. DeRouen's exquisitely beautiful writing to all of that and you have the makings of this 5-Star read that I really hope turns into a series.

Between the fun humorous
Shannon
4.5*

It feels like I’ve been waiting For.Ever. for the rest of Autumn and Seb’s story, but in reality it’s only been since January! But that’s what happens when you’re completely invested in characters, like I was with these 2. I loved them sooo much! I remember finishing their short story when it was part of the Begin Again anthology, thinking that couldn’t be all, she couldn't leave us hanging like that- this was just the beginning of their story and I needed more! Thankfully Ms. DeRouen heeded
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is Incredible.

Every time i pick up a book of hers it’s an experience of the heart and soul.

Unforgettable love.

Forgiveness.

Second chances.

Sebastian and Willow fell in love at a very young age. After tragedy strikes. Sebastian is pretty much pushed out of town. It’s five years later and Sebastian has come back to the town he tried to never think about again. All the love. All the hurts. All the regretfulness is coming back.

After everything said and done can you ever forget the
Stephanie Rose
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, beautifully written story of first loves and second chances. Sebastian and Autumn have a once in a lifetime love that began as kids, and I loved how J.A. DeRouen peppered their story with events from the past to highlight how they still affected them in the present. When they're thrown back together years later, the slow burn that sizzles off the page until they find their way back to each other had me on the edge of my seat. I loved every second of this book, and am hoping the ...more
Zilpha Owens
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all kinds of romance but what I think I enjoy the most is getting lost in a sweet and simple love story that has characters you can believe in and never want to leave. A decision and a few words made as teenagers changes the course of two people in love. My heart ached as I read the beginnings of Sebastian and Autumn’s story. Floating between their sweet past as childhood sweethearts and present day peels back layers. I love the discovery and my slightly erratic heartbeat needs me to turn ...more
1-Click Addict Support Group
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a beautiful and heartbreaking second chance love story. Autumn and Sebastian's lives always intertwined with each other, until that one night were everything changed.

What Sebastian went through had me getting angry because teenagers will be teenagers. Never did he think that those 4 words would change the course of his & Autumn's lives. Despite the years that passed by since last seeing each other peoples attitudes had not changed. And that included Autumn's love for Sebastian.

I
Syndi
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This is my first book by Miss DeRouen. Listening to the audio book, I found the writing is overly dramatic with a bit of sassy and quirkiness. But the sentences confusing me so I can not really feel the emotion, the characters chemistry and the time line. The story is told from 2 POV alternating back and forth between past and now.

Despite all of those minus attributes, I love Sebastian. See the Hero character usually is alpha male cave man that kind of character. But Sebastian is different. He
Dali
When a race between best friends turns into a horrific accident, the lives of all involved changed forever. While Sebastian shoulders all the guilt and responsibility of the accident and is exiled from his family and hometown, Autumn isn’t just heartbroken that he left without a word she must also face an unexpected pregnancy all by herself.

Even though it seemed like a lifetime but was actually five years later, Sebastian goes back home to face the past but is met with present and possible
Rejane
Oct 26, 2018 marked it as nope
Amy
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5, Second Chance Stars!!

“Sometimes forgiveness is about letting go–taking that five-ton boulder off your chest and heaving it into the abyss. I’ve carried this weight for far too long.”

“Five years, ten…blonde hair or black. It makes no difference. Autumn Norris will always have a direct line straight to my heart.”

“Loving Autumn was never a conscious decision. No, our relationship was a living, breathing thing, constantly morphing and changing through the years. Maybe that was why losing her
Brina (Brina and the Books)
3 Stars

Read this review on October 25th on the blog: 5171 Miles Book Blog

I've been a fan of J.A. DeRouen ever since reading "The Over Duet" by her last year. That's why there was no doubt in my mind that I would pick up her latest standalone novel, Waiting For Autumn. Since my expectations were pretty high, I was slightly disappointed that the story didn't live up to them.

The story of this second chance Contemporary Romance was good but also a little unbelievable and too dramatic in my eyes. I'm
Annie Brewer
I've enjoyed this author's work in the past. She knows how to pull all the emotions from you with her stories. Her writing is fluid and full of heart. Her characters are endearing with flaws but it's hard not to fall for them. Sebastian and Autum's story was beautiful. I loved seeing the past and present tenses, it added to the story.
I loved that after such tragedy tore them apart, something amazing brought them back together. Not without hard work, of course. Nothing comes easy but these two
Big Joe  Rossi
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Read!

I loved this second chance romance. JA DeRouen nailed it. Big time!

Five years ago Sebastian Kelly was everything to Autumn Norris. Her best friend, her boyfriend, her lover, and the love of her life. But fourlittle words would change all that in the blink of an eye.

Race me for it!

When Seb challenges her brother to a quad race the unimaginable happens. A bad accident. That leaves one in a chair. One heartbroken and alone. The other made to run and leave everything behind. Now the crew
book bruin
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I first met Seb and Autumn as part of the Begin Again anthology I hoped and wished that it wouldn't be the last time I read about them. The book fairies heard my prayers and I was so excited when JA DeRouen decided to make their story into a full length novel. This second chance, childhood friends to lovers tale will have you laughing, crying, and swooning from page 1.

This was such an emotional read. It was at times painful and heart wrenching seeing these two ripped apart and unable to
Jules
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beta-alpha
Ohhhhhh my. This book made me heart ache. Ache so sweet.

A true second chance story for Sebastian and Autumn. A tragedy that tore them apart just at the end of school, rupturing the life that was set out for them. Now, they will meet again. And it's not going to be easy to task to get to talking or reconnecting.

J.a. DeRouen just hit it out of the park. This story is so nuanced and comes with one or two surprises that will make you rethink all you've read before. Sebastian and Autumn are complex
❤️Melanie G.
This was such a great story. It is heartbreaking yet healing at the same time. Love the strength Autumn and Seb have through all the tough times. Aria is such a sweet breath of fresh air to this story.
Ellie
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
MJ
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018-books
Waiting for Autumn is the kind of second chance romance I adore. J.A. DeRouen once again creates a touching New Adult storyline with incredible characters that I simply could not put down. Sebastian and Autumn were always meant to be, their practically perfect path to happiness thrown a huge curveball. Getting a bit of their past as they fall madly in love as teenagers was welcomed as their current lives 5 years later are filled with trepidation and regret. I needed to know what had happened to ...more
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Reviewed on behalf of KU Book Reviews.

BUY THIS BOOK, YOU GUYS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
Mature characters, a feelsy story and an adorable little girl.
GAH *heart eyes*
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
This blurb is what really caught my attention when I first read it and I knew, just knew that I had to read this book.

I totally am a sucker for second chance romances and this definitely won my heart over.

Autumn and Sebastian started off as friends when they were children and once they grew up, their friendship turned to real love. They were definitely the equivalent of LOVE. They were inseparable and were always together. Brody, Autumn's brother was Sebastian's best friend and they were always
Anna Laura
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

This book gave me all the warm, mushy feelings and a very happy smile. A almost perfect second chance, never truly forgetting your first real love romance.
E-Reader Addict
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Nothing sucks me in faster than a secret baby story - it doesn’t even matter if I’m in the middle of another book I’m enjoying, I will drop that one like a hot potato and dive in. I will then proceed to plow through the new secret baby trope book - this time, Waiting for Autumn - in less than 24 hours.

Sebastian and Autumn grew up together, and grew from neighbors to friends to lovers. But one horrible accident caused a rift and sent Sebastian running. Five years later, another horrible event has
Laura Nelson (Tangents and Tissues)
“Love doesn’t always look like you think it should. Doesn’t make it any less real.”

*hiccups*

Some books take a few pages to get into, *shrugs* some even a chapter or two... *hiccups*

This story *points at e-reader*, this flipping story, held me captive, *shakes head* no scratch that, held my heart captive from the opening line. The emotion leapt off the pages and hit me right in the solar plexus *sighs*

Teenagers all have an air of invincibility about them, don’t they? *nods* It’s a shock to the
Aaly
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
review-blog

*** ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review. ***

It was my first from J.A. Derouen and I really liked her writing style that hooked me from the beginning. A story about sweetheart lovers who were torn after a tragedy. With a plot like this, I was expecting something emotionally charged and tons of angst. I got that and I was pleasantly surprised about how the author handled things.

Autumn and Sebastian were sweetheart lovers, an intense connection filled with so many promising
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
Talk about a hit right to the feels. Waiting For Autumn is what dreams are made of for anyone who loves a good second chance. Life long friendship, first and only love, tragedy, and secrets all come together creating this unputdownable book! Autumn and Sebastian’s story had me hooked from the start. Between moments that left me gasping and crying to moments I thought my heart would just burst from how full it was every page pulled me deeper and deeper into their world.
These two are the
Thuy Taylor
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sebastian and Autumn are meant to be. As young kids, to teens, to their journey back to each other as adults. Sebastian and Brady are best friends. A terrible terrible incident happens, and Sebastian was forced to leave town, leave 2 of the most important people in his life. Time passes by and he's back under tragic circumstances.

They aren't the same, they're grown, have inner baggage, inner self doubt, inner troubles lingering. But, it all comes to head and everything is out in the open. I
Kim  Brewing
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A second chance with a first love and a four year old secret - sign me up!

I loved Seb and Autumn's story. We get to see what happens at key points in the past and then get to move forward with the future. The story flowed off the pages and I wasn't tempted to skim at any point. There are some great secondary characters too and I'm really hoping a couple of them get a story - hint hint.

But back to this story. One afternoon changes everyone's life in ways none of the characters could have
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Romance Retreat: Waiting for Autumn Excerpt (Out Oct 25th!) 1 12 Oct 18, 2018 05:58PM

• All I Need
  • Best Laid Plans
  • HeartLess
  • In Her Space (Stars Duet, #2)
  • Beneath His Stars (Stars Duet, #1)
  • Side Hustle (Dawson Family, #3)
  • The Hardest Route
  • Yesterday Is Gone (Yesterday #1)
  • Gravel Road
  • Pieces of Us (Confessions of the Heart, #3)
  • When Forever Changes
  • Center of Gravity
  • Deception : Secret Baby Romance, Second Chance
  • Absolution
  • Cards of Love: The Sun
  • Dream Boy (Blue Collar Bachelors, #6)
  • Make You Mine
  • If
J.A. Derouen resides in South Louisiana with her husband, son (aptly nicknamed "The Professor"), and her furry friend, Scout. She has a bachelor’s degrees in psychology and nursing. When she's not writing or inhaling romance novels by the stack, she works as a women's health nurse. She’s been an avid reader and daydreamer since childhood, and she's never stopped turning the page to get to the next ...more
“The love between Autumn and me was an ongoing fairy tale, carefully weaving its way into the fabric of my life. But falling in love with my daughter is a rush of emotion, washing over me like a tsunami. Autumn is the story I’ve known my entire life. Aria? She is a revelation.” 0 likes
“Nuh-uh. No way this is the same thing she had last week ,” Isaac protests while shaking his head. “She spit up a couple of times then pranced around for the rest of the afternoon. This?” He points at the half dead lump in the bed. “This is the Exorcist with a side of Walking Dead.” 0 likes