Start by marking “The Bakery at Seashell Cove” as Want to Read:
The Bakery at Seashell Cove

The Bakery at Seashell Cove

(Seashell Cove #2)

An absolutely hilarious, uplifting summer read about living life to the full!

Meg Larson thought she had everything she wanted: she works in the local bakery, she’s months away from marrying her high-school sweetheart, and home is beautiful, sunny Seashell Cove, where the sky is blue, the sea is turquoise and the sand is golden.

Except that the bakery is up for sale and
Published June 8th 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about The Bakery at Seashell Cove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bakery at Seashell Cove

Start your review of The Bakery at Seashell Cove
Melisa
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Update 6/15/18: this book is on sale for 99 cents on Amazon today!

I’m so excited to be closing out the blog tour for Karen Clarke’s The Bakery at Seashell Cove.

Karen Clarke has become a fast favorite. I read The Beachside Christmas and never looked back – she is an absolute sure thing and always delivers on the laughs while creating characters you really grow to love.

This is the second installment in the Seashell Cove series and I was so excited to be back with Cassie, Meg, and Tilly and to hear
Berit☀️✨
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
4.25 Delectable Stars .25

This book left me with a smile on my face and craving cake! apparently this is the second book in the series, however I had no idea until I reached the end of the book and saw the blurb for the previous book... so this can absolutely be read as a standalone... although Time permitting I will definitely go back and read Cassie‘s story... how can I resist another book set in the beautiful setting of Seashell Cove?

Meg was such a fun and real character, the kind of girl you
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader by: Melisa
4 seashells by the seashore for The Bakery at Seashell Cove!

I am ever grateful to my friend and Traveling Sister, Melisa, who told me about Karen Clarke’s books. They are pure fun, and The Bakery at Seashell Cove is no exception!

Where The Cafe at Seashell Cove was Cassie’s story, The Bakery at Seashell Cove is Cassie’s friend, Meg’s, story.

Also taking place in picturesque Seashell Cove, Meg Larson has it all. She is a baker, and she is about to marry her high school sweetheart, Sam.

But it
Dash fan
5 A Scrumptious Feel Good Read!

The Bakery at Seashell Cove is a delicious read. I adore baking so for me this book hit my sweet spot and made my tummy rumble.

This is the second book in the series and I had no problem getting stuck into it. I do have the first book just haven't had the chance to read it. But I will definitely be reading it now!

Meg is about to lose her beloved bakery at Seashell Cove and with her fiancé Sam setting off on a cycling trip from Paris to Geneva
She has to face the
Shalini
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are some books which must be read when one is sad. This is one such feel-good book which makes the heart go ga-ga over love and CAKES.

Meg is the baker of Seashell Cove, but the bakery needs a new owner for her to bake her cakes and run it. Her fiancé Sam is more busy with cycling, her would be in-laws are busy with arranging her marriage, her mother has agoraphobia, her father is presumed dead, but her friends Cassie and Tilly are extremely supportive. With so many people arranging her
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I really felt for Meg. She loves her job in the bakery so it certainly couldn't have been easy having an uncertain future, especially when she is literally months away from tying the knot.

Now Nathan the love interest sent my pulse racing never mind poor Meg's. I fell head over heels in love with him myself. The blossoming friendship between the two will certainly have your heart melting.

Meg has so many decisions to make that I didn't really envy the position she is in getting pressure from her
Kim
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
I absolutely loved this return to Seashell Cove- which sounds just the sort of place to spend a nice week by the sea surrounded by tempting cakes and bread for breakfast.
Meg has dreamt of making a success of the bakery that she used to work at before the owner died. She also has a wedding to plan to her childhood sweetheart, Sam. But Sam doesn't seem to be as committed to their relationship as she'd like.

The characters are all wonderful, even those that you'd probably hope to avoid in real life.
Els
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This kind of books have covers that already put a smile on my face, even before I have read one single word. They make me want to sit down, put a 'do not disturb' signal on the door and read.
Love, romance, betrayal, misunderstandings and of course the happy ending are some of ingredients that are needed to create a story in this category. It ticked all the boxes for me.
I felt like I could smell all the delicious creations Meg was making and the recipe at the end of the book was a surplus.
A
Nicola Clough
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't wait to read this book as loved all Karen's other books and she certainly didn't disappoint at all as such an amazingly read just didn't want to put it down. It's worth far more than the five stars I have given it as it's full of romance and an easy read while being funny and heartwarming. It's full of families and cakes and of course it is set in beautful countryside makes you want to be there. Fantastic read highly recommend it.
Meg has worked in a bakery for years and when the
Rachel Gilbey
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow! Another truly spectacular book from Karen Clarke. I am loving this series.

Seashell Cove is a place full of colourful characters including Gwen from the cafe, and I thoroughly enjoying getting to know Meg and her family better.

I wasn't as keen on Meg's fiance and his family though.

And the bakery, what a great story involving it, and whether Meg would or wouldn't get her dream come true of running the old bakery. This is a woman that can seriously bake and her cakes were sounding
Sally Coles
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Meg's life is running perfectly, she is due to get married to Sam who she has been with forever and she has her perfect job in the Seashell Cove bakery..... and then things start to go wrong! The owner of the bakery dies and it gets put up for sale...... and where can she find the money to buy it....... The estate agent Nathan is rather cute though! To make matters worse Sam is on a Paris to Geneva bike ride and not returning her calls.... is he really interested enough to want to marry her?

Patty
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bakery at Seashell Cove by Karen Clarke is the 2nd book in the Seashell Cove series, and a wonderful fun read that takes you back to fun summers at the shore. Meg Larson is a baker, but the bakery she worked at is for sale after the owners death. Meg hopes the new owners will continue to let her bake. This was a very enjoyable book. I enjoyed seeing how the different threads tied together and how the dynamics between the characters played out. Looking forward to reading this author again. I ...more
Sharlene Hammond
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another 4.5 Stars!
I have fallen for Seashell Cove! I devoured both books from the series in one weekend. Such cozy stories!!
Frenchorchidea
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was a very enjoyable quick read! I am very fond of Karen Clarke books and this one was no exceptions! This book is a page turner, I was hooked from page 1. I really liked the characters and I was very keen to know what will happen for Meg and Nathan. Very good book that I can only recommend!
Kristina (Books-and-dachshunds)
Full review on my blog

Although I found it heavier than what the cover said it was; all the misadventures happening to the characters along the way really took me to heart.. I do think it’s one of the stories that we need to read. Maybe our first love doesn’t need to be our wedding partner just for the sake of everything else rather than our feelings; but that also doesn’t mean we can’t love the next one deeper.

I also appreciate how humoristic this novel can be ! I giggled in my head quite often;
Kaisha (The Writing Garnet)
All reviews can be found on my blog at https://thewritinggarnet.wordpress.com

I'm going to get straight to the point here - I absolutely LOVED this book and everything it stood for. Personally, I think that this is Karen Clarke's best book yet as the entire vibe of the storyline was truly magical, written with such warmth and magnetism. It would take a person made of stone to not fall in love with 'The Bakery at Seashell Cove', and I will tell you why!

Meg has been with her fiancé for most of her
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book!! The cover is what first caught my eye. It was a fun read and I felt like I was in the bakery working next to Meg. I loved the character of Meg and wanted to be her friend, especially when no one(her fiance, mother, soon to be mother-in-law) was being supportive of her bakery dream.

The bakery where Meg worked is up for sale. She still uses it to make some cakes for the cafe where she currently works. Meg wishes someone would buy the bakery and put her in charge. From the start I
Emma Crowley
I adored my first visit to Seashell Cove so I was delighted when we weren't kept waiting too long for part two in a planned trilogy. The Bakery at Seashell Cove sees author Karen Clarke now turn her attention attention to Meg Larson, Meg bakes the cakes for the café and also works at the local bakery. The only problem Meg now faces is that the owner of the bakery has died and even up until that point the bakery has not been as successful as it once had been despite the best efforts of Meg. Meg's ...more
Annette
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meg is a talented baker who creates wonderful cakes for a cafe. She also hopes to save a bakery which holds wonderful memories for her. The bakery is her happy place.

Meg is engaged to Sam. Sam treats her terribly. He manipulates and belittles at every opportunity. Sam's family also enjoys treating Meg as though she is a little less than they are.

Meg's mother finds fault with her, her career and the fact that she is not producing a child.

In fact, Meg puts up with emotional abuse from nearly
Kazi Tahsin
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
This book was really good. Easy, warm and cute.
It was really good to see Meg's determination towards the Bakery. She was so passionate about what she loved and didn't have doubts even for a little bit. She seems to be weak at the beginning but she learns her worth throughout the book.
Some parts of the book felt dramatic but it was convincing.
This is a good one for a warm and lovely read.
Meg Dean
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Solid chick lit…doesn’t take itself too seriously! You’ll laugh, cry, and say “Oh! No!” Definitely a fun weekend read :c)
Sana Zameer
A yummy, feel good summer romance!!
Chris
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kim
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great to return to Seashell Cove. This book was a fun read and would be great to tote along to the beach.

I look forward to reading more about this seaside town.
Lynn
A lighthearted, fun and easy read. Set in a quaint seaside town, full of colourful characters and some wonderful baking descriptions that make your mouth water. The plot was predictable and I did find Meg a bit of a doormat but overall enjoyable.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher / author for providing me with a free electronic copy of this book for review.
Amanda
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have loved each and every one of Karen's books that I have read. 'The Bakery At Seashell Cove' was no exception as I absolutely blinking well loved it but more about that in a bit.
I absolutely LOVED the character of Meg Larson. She is a young woman, who works in the local bakery and she thinks that she is living the dream because not only is she working as a baker but she is engaged to her childhood sweetheart and she lives in the idyllic sounding Seashell Cove. Meg is a lovely young lady but
Gaele
Meg is one of three lifelong school friends, all now living in or around Seashell Cove. She, Cassie and Tillie have renewed their friendships and provide support, laughs and plenty of good memories. But, with Meg now going to marry Sam, her high school boyfriend, with all of the associated family pressures from wedding plans to grandchildren – she’s finding that her life isn’t all she hoped for. She bakes cakes – gorgeous popular cakes, and was the pastry chef for the Old Bakery – until the ...more
Karen Whittard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every so often a book will come along and speak to your heart and that you can relate to on a emotion level. This for me is one of those book, and I absolutely loved it. Seashell cove is a sounds like a really beautiful place that I would love to go and live there. Such a beautiful and stunning setting for a book. It is so lovely to find out about all these people who live here.

For me this book touched my heart on a personal level and I found myself in floods of tears at certain parts of this
Nicola Smith
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been so lovely to return to Seashell Cove and to meet up with Meg again. She first appeared as one of Cassie's best friends in The Cafe at Seashell Cove but this time she's taking centre stage. I must say, I do love this kind of series in which there is the familiarity of the setting and some of the characters but they can be read as standalone stories.

First of all, don't read this book if you're really hungry. There is description after description of delicious cakes, breads, biscuits -
Michele Salls
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first I have read by this author and I plan to get the series. The laugh out loud moments and some of the phrases were absolutely hilarious.

Meg worked at the Old Bakery until the owner passed away. She's still been allowed to continue to bake there until someone purchases the property. Her friends are quite supportive but her fiance' Sam, not so much. He's all about his training for his cycling.

Meg and Sam have been together for many years after some ups and downs. Meg is feeling
« previous 1 3 next »

• Summer at the Castle Cafe (Castle Cove #1)
  • The Cottage on Sunshine Beach
  • The Summer Getaway
  • Summer at the Little Cottage on the Hill (The Little Cottage, #2)
  • The Little Christmas Teashop of Second Chances (Castle Cove #2)
  • Breaking the Rules (The Cornish Village School #1)
  • Edie Browne’s Cottage by the Sea
  • The Christmas Wish
  • The Little Cornish Kitchen
  • The Holiday Cottage by the Sea
  • New Starts and Cherry Tarts at the Cosy Kettle (Cosy Kettle, #1)
  • Coming Home to Maple Cottage
  • Foxglove Farm
  • Return to the Little Cottage on the Hill (The Little Cottage, #3)
  • The Summer of Secrets
  • The Cottage on Lily Pond Lane - New Beginnings: Part One (Lily Pond Lane, #1)
  • The Mill on Magnolia Lane
  • A Gift from the Comfort Food Café (Comfort Food Cafe, #5)
I live in Buckinghamshire with my husband and three grown-up children where I write romantic comedy novels published by Bookouture and psychological suspense for HQDigital/HarperCollins.

Over the years I've been a secretary/bookkeeper, a wedding photographer, a pub manager, I've worked in a supermarket, a newsagent's, and as a librarian - all good for story ideas.

I now write full-time, and when

Seashell Cove (3 books)