Start by marking “Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Book 2: Incognito” as Want to Read:
Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Book 2: Incognito

Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Book 2: Incognito

(Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker #2)

In book two of the delightfully energetic Beatrice Zinker series, Operation Upside is finally in full swing! But when Beatrice's overenthusiasm lands Mrs. Tamarack with a Strictest Certificate, the team has to hold off on any new missions to avoid suspicion. Lying low is not exactly Beatrice's strong suit, especially when she sees someone who desperately needs to be recogn ...more
Published September 18th 2018 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Book 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Book 2

Schizanthus
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Operation Upside has only just begun and Beatrice has made a big mistake. She secretly awards her teacher a certificate and Mrs Tamarack can’t see the compliment in her ‘Most Strict’ award. Now there’s a Wanted sign hanging in Beatrice’s classroom and if Beatrice is going to avoid detection then she’s going to have to go incognito, which for Beatrice can only mean wearing pink instead of her usual ninja attire.
Flying high was so much easier than lying low.
When incognito Beatrice tries to giv
Kate ☀️ Olson
Thanks to the author for providing @kidlitexchange with a free review copy of this book!
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, but I LOVED this one! A feisty 3rd grade girl with a penchant for spying and hanging upside down, a lively family, and a very diverse friend group = a YES PLEASE from this school librarian! This is the PERFECT next step series for kids who have loved Junie B Jones (my kids started listening to those audiobooks at age 4!) and are ready for a slightly older prota
Amanda Larsen
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to NetGalley for receiving a copy of the e-book to be reviewed. All opinions are my own.
I am a 4th grade teacher and my students LOVED when I read the 1st installment of the series to them. The book inspired quite a bit of interesting conversations and I truly enjoy 'teachable moments'. This 2nd installment with Beatrice Zinker did NOT disappoint!! I love it and truthfully, it is just as good, if not better than the 1st book and I can't wait to read both books with my students this upc
Kaya
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a cute younger middle grade read!
Cassie Thomas
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are a 3rd-5th grade teacher and haven’t included Beatrice Zinker in your classroom, then you absolutely are missing out. This is the modern day Junie B (and dare I say it... better) << coming from the Junie B lover. Beatrice provides so many conversations for making friends, being yourself, and just enjoying life to the fullest. Book 2 comes out in September and you need BOTH.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Beatrice Zinker and her partner-in-crime, Lenny Santos, have begun Operation Upside, awarding certificates to those folks who do wonderful things. But has Beatrice made a mistake by giving a certificate to her teacher for "Most Strict?"

Beatrice is zany and contemporary and relatable, living right now in third grade in a life every kid can connect with. A great early chapter book.
Susie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was hilarious! It would be a wonderful read aloud. Other than the writing (there were some fabulous phrases), one of the things I liked best was that most of the characters were well meaning (at least most of the time), except the teacher. Beatrice is so imaginative, empathetic, and thoughtful. I would love to have a student like her in my class! The illustrations are a hoot as well.
It would be interesting to discuss this with students and ask if there are any parts that might be stret
Aliza Werner
There are so many upsides to the Beatrice Zinker series! Mystery, codes, friendships, and expanding Operation Upside in this follow up to the beloved first book.
Laura Mossa
Incognito, the second book in the series immediately picks up from Book 1. It is the second week of third grade, and Beatrice and her best friend Lenny have officially yet secretly launched Operation Upside.  They are ready to give the first UPSIDE award of the week to classmate Wes Carver who thoughtfully holds the door open for everyone daily.  Then Beatrice gets the idea that the first award should go to her no shenanigans teacher, Mrs. Tamarak.  Receiving an UPSIDE would put a guaranteed smi ...more
Katie Reilley
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to author Shelley Johannes for sharing an ARC of Incognito with our #bookexpedition group.

I didn’t think it was possible to love Beatrice more after book 1, but I sure do after reading Incognito! She’s a neat, creative, kind, and compassionate kid, and persists throughout the mistakes she sometimes makes.

Lots of things to enjoy in this one, including Beatrice’s group of friends, especially Wes and Sam, new characters in book 2. Other highlights included codes and a bit of mystery!

Lo
Breanne Gibson
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was my introduction to Beatrice Zinker, and I love her. I can't help but think of Anne Shirley when I think about Beatrice Zinker. I love that Beatrice can't sit still and thinks best when she's upside down. She's not the perfect kid, but she's a creative problem solver. So many kids will relate to Beatrice. I appreciate this positive, fun book.
Amber K.
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this second installment of the Beatrice Zinker series! Beatrice makes me think of Ramona Quimby which makes me feel like a kid again. Gotta love that! This series is perfect for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades, which can sometimes be hard to find good chapter books for that aren’t too easy!
Kim
My favorite left-handed, upside down thinker is back at it. Bravo Zulu! 💙
Kimberly
Thank you @kidlitexchange for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.

Bravo Zulu, Shelley Johannes!! I’m so excited about this fantastic sequel. It’s set to release 9.18.18 and needs to be at the top of your must-read list pronto. I absolutely adored Beatrice in the first book, but this story was even better. It picks up right where book one ended and continues with the first mission of Operation Upside. All of the characters return, but the highlight and intrigue come from two ne
Michele
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elementary
@kidlitexchange #partner 🌼
I already have this on order for my elementary library, as the first Beatrice was excellent! @shelleyjohannes did it again with Beatrice Zinker Incognito! I love how true elementary children are captured here. A group plays veterinarian at recess, a loner boy is the sweetest, a girl finds ways to get to the library.

This time Beatrice and her BFF Lenny are wanting to cheer people up with special awards recognizing their awesomeness. The problem is that the first one Bea
Megan Truax
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored the first Beatrice Zinker book, and I have to say— although I didn’t think it was possible— I loved this one even more! Beatrice’s character is one I hope my students emulate. Her ability to embrace her eccentricities while lifting up those around her is admirable. Shelley Johannes’s writing really struck me this time around— there are several sentences I might pull as mentor sentences for writers’ workshop! Love, love, love this sweet series— can’t wait for more to come!
Shari
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adore Beatrice Zinker! Shelley Johannes has created a character that is charming, sympathetic, kind, creative, and unstoppable! Her second adventure, Incognito, is so very heartwarming and clever. I love Beatrice’s never-give-up attitude, even when she makes big mistakes. The different personalities are portrayed with respect and affection, and Johannes’ writing is so clever and brilliant. This book is perfect for children (and teachers) who want a smart, well-written, funny book th ...more
Cathy
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Yes, yes, and yes! Book 2 of the Beatrice Zinker series is even better than the first. Props to Johannes for continuing on her theme of positivity in such a engaging, creative and funny manner (Most Strict?!) in this book, Beatrice sets out to give awards to those unrecognized and inadvertently puts it in the hands of another student (the shy, quiet, and dark type). Add this to your collection ASAP and read it out loud to your kids. It’s refreshingly positive without being overdone.
Meredith Spidel
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this quirky series with such a fun, quirky main character almost as much as my kids! Engaging and creative, the perfect books for young novel readers. Thanks for sending an ARC my way for review, Disney!
Michelle Simpson
The second book in this series of transitional chapter books does not disappoint. The is funny and fast-paced, and it will continue to engage readers. I look forward to sharing it with children in September.

I received a DRC from NetGalley.
Hillary
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was even better than the first; it was all the good things while still maintaining a certain level of fun! I can't wait to read more Beatrice Zinker stories!
Lenoire
Beatrice Zinker is excited that Operation Upside is in full effect. However, when she hopes to brighten her strict teacher's mood, she lands herself in hot water. Mrs. Tamarack is suspicious of Beatrice that she is behind giving her the award of being the strictest teacher. The team has to pause their operation to avoid being caught. Beatrice has a hard time lying low when she sees her friend, Wes needs to be cheered up. However, no good deal goes unpunished and the certificate ends up in the wr ...more
Angie  Moore
It’s rare to find a sequel as the first book but Shelley Johansen does it with this delightful book! I was already a huge Beatrice fan going in, but Incognito gives readers even more. We are introduced to two new characters and also really see Beatrice & Lenny’s friendship. This book can be read without reading the first, but why would you want to?! This fun read is perfect for young readers and is a refreshing break from the ‘early chapter books’ already out there. If you haven’t meet Beatr ...more
Amber Webb
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley Johannes has done it again! A "number two" can be a difficult job, but she triumphs with Beatrice in Incognito. Beatrice and Lenny reunite to work on the Upside Down awards. There are ups and downs and even a few sideways along the way, but Beatrice stays true to who she is and comes out upside down and on top. This book showed depth to the characters and invited more stories to be told. We love Beatrice and think this will be a great classroom read-aloud come September!
Neha Thakkar
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Steph
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelley Johannes is brilliant, and BZ has a special place in my heart. (And to top it off, the illustrations are beyond framable. Just magnificent.)
Susan
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to the author and @kidlitexchange for the free review copy of this 9.18.18 release. All opinions are my own.

Beatrice is back in her second book, and I think I may have liked it even more than the first (which is saying a lot)! Beatrice is just beginning third grade and along with her best friend, Lenny, has a secret plan, Operation Upside. They plan to make a lot of people happy by presenting “Award of Recognition” certificates.

Here are some reasons for you to preorder Beatrice Zinker
Jo-ann Walsh
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
@netgalley #partner
Thank you @netgalley for the ebook ARC of Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker, Incognito. All opinions are my own. This book releases on Tuesday, September 18, 2018. (Yay!) Beatrice Zinker is back, ready to give out Upside Awards to those who have earned them. She and her best friend Lenny have a plan to give out an award to their friend Wes when the time is right. Beatrice manages to mess up their plan by giving a “Most Strict” award to her teacher, and by putting Wes’ award
Stephanie P
I read an advance e-copy of this book through NetGalley.

I read the first book in the series to my son at the beginning of this year and we loved it! We were really excited to read the second book and had a lot of fun with it again. It is longer than the first book, and much longer than most books I read aloud with my 5 year old, so it took us awhile to get through it, but even my two year old liked sitting down to read with us. The frequent and entertaining illustrations were very helpful!

I thou
Becky B
Beatrice and Lenny are on to the next stage of Operation Upside. They both agree they should give a certificate to Wes, who is always so kind to hold the door in the mornings. They've got a certificate ready for him. But then Beatrice realizes that Mrs. Tamarack is really good at being strict, so she makes her a Most Strict award and slips it in with the homework. But the next day Mrs. Tamarack is pretty upset about the award and is asking for informants. Can they give Wes his award now when it ...more
Shelley Johannes previously spent ten years in architecture—where she fell in love with felt-tip pens, tracing paper, and the greatness of black turtlenecks. She lives in Michigan with her husband and two sons. BEATRICE ZINKER, UPSIDE DOWN THINKER is the first book she's written. Find her online at shelleyjohannes.com or on Instagram and Twitter as @shelleyjohannes

Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker (2 books)
  • Beatrice Zinker, Upside Down Thinker