Start by marking “Captive (Lace Underground, #1)” as Want to Read:
Captive (Lace Underground, #1)

Captive

(Lace Underground #1)

Book 1 of the addictive new Lace Underground trilogy.

Heartbreak led me there.

I had a mission but it didn't take long for my grasp on reality to come loose. As the tethers to my past were torn away I found myself inextricably bound to him, to the twisted monster.

Published June 2018 by Sugartree Press

To ask other readers questions about Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive

Tess Oliver
May 30, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Book 1 of the addictive, new Lace Underground Trilogy
Full series now available on ALL Retailers!

CAPTIVE - FREE

review coming
Robin Sweeney
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Just finished my ARC of Captive...June 20th can not come fast enough! I NEED to know what happens next. I love that this book is told by several POVs, I like being inside multiple heads and know what they are thinking and feeling and this book nailed that. You get to know Detective Angela Tennyson pretty well, and I must say she's a pistol. With a smart mouth and street smarts combine she's a force to be reckoned with, that is until she meets Kane Freestone. With her addiction to him in his secr ...more
Mary
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am voluntarily posting an honest review after reading an ARC copy of this book.

Amazing! I absolutely loved Captive (Lace Underground book #1) by Tess Oliver. What a fantastic start to her new series. I will try my best not to have spoilers, as I truly hope you pick up Captive, and read it for yourself. Captive covers the story of Angie (AKA Ten, AKA Tawny), a police detective and her partner/ex-partner, Maddox. Angie volunteers (a gut reaction to some heartbreaking news she received) to go und
Lynne Garlick
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my days!! My neck hurts from the whiplash and my heart aches. The signs of a truly great read!! I knew this was going to be a change from Tess' usual style and she delivered.....and some!! Angie is a Detective and after some personal heartache she requests to be assigned undercover at a secret club the Lace Underground, where she meets Kane.....my days! This man!!
There is so much more I could say about this book because there is so much going on it will have your head and your heart in a spi
Mel Allen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This new trilogy Lace Underground is so fantastic omg I couldn’t put the book down, each page the story just got better and better then to reach the end and NO I’ve got to wait for the next part. I will be waiting for the next book with batted breath wanting to know what will happen next in the story. What will happen with Angie? Will Maddox get there in time? And what will happen with Kane? All these answers and more I cant wait. You so won’t be disappointed in having to wait for these answers, ...more
Diane Holtry
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting, captivating.. a #MUSTread

What an unbelievable introduction to a new author!
W. 😱W. - HOLY MOLY what an amazingly captivating and riveting story!
I not sure whether I'm rooting for Maddox or Kane.. and yes I can't believe I just said that. So many unknowns have not been revealed and I can't wait for more of this story to unfold.
I'm addicted to the sweet nectar that is the Lace Underground and all that it entails!
Angie aka Ten aka Tawny.. Is a tough woman determined to prove not only to he
Deb
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read MANY books by Author Tess Oliver and I am speechless! MANY times, while reading Captive, I stopped and reminded myself of, who the author was. Captive is like no other that I’ve read by Tess Oliver. I was anxious, on pins and needles. I wanted more of the police duo of Angie and Maddox before the bottom fell out. I reread chapter 1 and I even want more of Dr. Hoffman! I am so ready for “Obsessed”!
Nancy
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG I absolutely love this book! This series is going to be great. Angie is a police detective who pleads to go undercover after some personal setbacks. Now she needs to learn more about the Lace Underground. The what, where and who about the exclusive secret members only club. This book is filled with twists and turns. You don't know who to root for. Just when you hate someone you'll have second thoughts. I can't wait to read book 2 and 3. I need to know what happens! Tess Oliver is an excellen ...more
Kiri
Sandra Kizziah
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Angie, Maddox and Kane, my stomach was clenched all the way through this book, can’t wait for the next book! Five stars time two!
Bonnie
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Review to come.
Diane Jaeger
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As I started to read this book I saw saying, "Oh Boy!" As I finished this book I said, "Wow!" Unbelievably raw and edgy. Can't not wait for the other ones now.
Karlena Lipari
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a huge Tess Oliver fan and love her writing! This book was a little different from her usual writing style and I thought she did a fantastic job!! This book was a fast paced page turner! This book has some mystery and a whole lot of sexiness!! The main characters are intriguing and I’m on the fence about who will windup together! I can’t wait to start Obsessed!!!
Arc copy generously provided by author for an honest review
Loraine Oliver
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-books
Captive, the first book in Tess Oliver's new series (Lace Underground, #1), is nothing short of phenomenal. This is a trilogy that will be released all on the same day, and after reading this one, I am glad to get all the books at once! The angst, lust, mystery and gradual build up of danger is so excruciatingly on point, I had to read this book in one sitting! This is Tess Oliver at her finest!

This story tells the story of young homeless women, living on the streets, or in the park. Every three
Heather
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

Wow. I'm still speechless. Warning it does leave off at a cliffhanger that makes you crave to jump into book 2.

(Head shake to clear head) Ok you have a couple key characters Ten, Maddox, Blake, Kane, and the Captain. Ten and Maddox have this unrequited love/lust denial thing for each other. Ten go's undercover and gets swept up in the like high end prostitute club thing.

Kane developed nectar which is a highly addictive drug that lets the inhibitions free and cares float away. He als
Bobo's Book Bank
CAPTIVE is book 1 in the Lace Underground series. This is an angsty thriller and ends in a cliffhanger!

After Detective Angie Tennyson (aka Ten, aka Tawny) learns of both a personal and a professional betrayal by her partner, Detective James Maddox, she decides to go undercover. The mission is dangerous and mysterious. But then Angie meets the enigmatic Kane Freestone. She quickly becomes his willing "Captive". Or is she?

It's been awhile since I've read Tess Oliver and I could kick myself because
❤🌼🔥TESS OLIVER HAS GIVEN US SOMETHING DIFFERENT...AND THIS SERIES IS IT!!❤🌼🔥
CAPTIVE may, possibly, be a book unlike any other I’ve read...I always wonder how authors, such as Tess Oliver, who have written SO many books, continue to come up with storylines, new to their readers....Although, I still don’t know the answer to this question, she definitely has done just that in The Lace Underground Series❤🌼🔥
Detective Angie Tennyson, within a matter of minutes, discovers that her long time partner Det
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heather Cicio
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review. Well, honestly, I'm blown away! I have been a huge fan of Tess Oliver and her books for years. This book is very different than her other stories but it in no way changed my opinion of her writing. This dark romance sucked me in from the very first page and didn't let up until the last word !! I am beyond excited for the next book to be released so I can keep reading about Ten, Kane and Maddox. I love Ten, her strength and fierce a ...more
eevee
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark-romance, erotic
wow. i’m impressed, considering this novel was free on iBooks.

this follows the story of detective ten going undercover into a secret society run by the elusive kane. maddox is her partner, and he searches for her as she falls deeper and deeper into her role as an undercover agent.

i found myself rooting for ten & maddox first, then ten & kane, which usually doesn’t happen. i’m not the kinda girl who likes love triangles — the whole time i just feel like tearing out my hair & yelling
Jordan
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Detective Angie "Ten" Tennyson shakes up the department when she begs to take on the case for The Lace Underground. A secret club, shrouded in mystery, and connected to a few deaths. There is not much to the case, but Angie wants, needs, this. She needs to distant herself from her partner, Maddox James, the precinct, and her life for awhile. And Angie knows she can bring this club down, and the elusive Kane Freestone, all on her own.

When Angie suddenly finds herself in the clutches of Kane, and
Gwen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Dark and addictive!!!

Angie “Ten” and Maddox have been partners in the force for years now. He is gorgeous and a great cop. She is a good detective and they are better than good together. When he asks for another partner, Ten goes crazy. She is heartbroken so she asks to be part of a very dangerous job. She goes undercover. She becomes Kane’s captive. It’s a riveting story. Very sensual and full of intrigue and suspense. The theme is dark and you can’t help the Stockholm syndrome, when you d
Coco.V
Jun 21, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝💝FREE on Amazon today (6/21/2018)!💝💝

Blurb:
Book 1 of the addictive new Lace Underground trilogy.

Heartbreak led me there.

Kane Freestone's secret world was like the ultimate mix of good and evil. They called him the mad genius, and he was just that. I hated him as much as I couldn't live without him. During those m
Jessica
Oh! My!
This book!
Wow!
I am so hooked. I don't really want to say anything about this book and ruin it/give it away. The blurb at the book doesn't really tell you much which is great! By the time you are to chapter 3 you are hooked. I literally couldn't stop reading. I'm writing this quick review and then moving on to book 2. I fear I am going to have a hard time waiting on the third and final book.
Its seriously that good!

Main characters in this book are Angie (Tawny), Maddox and Kane.

Start readin
Cody Smith-Candelaria
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tess Oliver kills with this series!! In true Tess form, the story alternates from each characters perspective, which I love. She has amazing character development and the story flows at a steady and logical pace. That's all standard for her writing and where the book stops being like any other. This series is edgy, a little dark, a little twisted and 100% delightful! I love it so much. There is a touch of taboo, the heroine finds herself in a mess and has to question all the things she knows abo ...more
Battleaxe Betty
Interesting but lacking heat

It's a good storyline but lacks the passion you'd expect in a story themed around a sex drug. I'll admit any stories I read that has pages and pages of sex lose my interest and I skim over it if there's too much of it. But this is the opposite. Just as they start getting warmed up and down to the nitty gritty, they're done and it's over! There's nothing that shows us Kane's obsession and attraction to her, we just have to take their word for it all. I don't feel drawn
Judy
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! I received my ARC of this book a few days ago in exchange for my honest review. I was not able to finish it right away due to some previous commitments, and I couldn’t wait to get back to this book. Even though I knew it was only book one of the trilogy, I wanted to see some closure. Didn’t happen! Now I’m more anxious than ever to read the next books. Tess has really created an interesting combination of romance and intrigue. Just love her books!
Melonie
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Every time I read a book by Tess Oliver, I am never disappointed. Captive is the First Story of Lace Underground Trilogy. Wow! Quite a story and each word leaves you hanging for more. Definitely a cliff hanger. Thank goodness all three books were release back to back because there is no way you could stand to wait long for the next book. You just have to know what happens with all the characters. Sexy and full of suspense! Highly recommend.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Tess Oliver is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Custom Culture series and a large collection of other romances. She is well known for her relatable characters who "become your friends" as you journey with them and for intriguing stories that will have you "devouring her books in just one day". Tess has been featured on USA Today's 'Happy Ever After' site, and in publicati ...more

Lace Underground (3 books)
  • Obsessed (Lace Underground, #2)
  • Devoted (Lace Underground, #3)