Start by marking “The Sweet Spot (An All About the Diamond Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sweet Spot (An All About the Diamond Romance, #1)

The Sweet Spot (An All About the Diamond Romance, #1)

Can her baseball fantasy become reality, or will she strike out at love?

Rick Seno is a sexy warrior behind the plate in his catcher’s gear. In control and calling the game for the San Diego Seals. He’d show me the same attention in my bed, if he was more than my imaginary baseball boyfriend.

I’ve worn a Seno jersey to every game since Rick became a big leaguer. It’s silly.
Kindle Edition
Published June 14th 2018 by Naomi Springthorp

To ask other readers questions about The Sweet Spot, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sweet Spot

Start your review of The Sweet Spot (An All About the Diamond Romance, #1)
Melissa Borsey
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
One fan gets the weekend of a lifetime with her favorite baseball player who turns out to be a whole lot more than just a baseball player! This was a sweet, fun, and sexy read.
Andie
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Just shows when you least expect it, the fantasy can become reality. Taking a chance on life can serve up the greatest reward. One decision can alter your forever. Sherry and Rick's story is sweet, HOT, and unexpected. I want some cookies while watching baseball surrounded by a hot lover...lol
Cari
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I completely enjoyed Rick and Sherry's love story. Sherry was extremely independent and used to being in control of her life and emotions until Rick came along and threw her life and emotions up in the air. The side characters were charming and funny but I am quite partial to Joey myself. this book is an amazing tribute that sometimes fantasies do come true when you least expect them.
Brandi
If you like baseball, this has just enough to keep you into it.
If you like insta-love, this has that.

I am an avid baseball fan. AVID. I love the sport. Reading this book and getting real baseball terms was awesome.
Rick is a catcher. He's sexy, single, and serious.
Sherry has a travel business and a thing for karaoke. She's single, sexy, and a huge baseball fan. More importantly, she's a fan of Rick's team. A big fan. And a big fan of Rick.

So, when the opportunity to meet him after a game is
Stephenee
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Baseball is my FAVORITE time of year - yes, time of year - it's more than a season, it's more than a past time - it is my absolute favorite time of year, favorite sport, favorite everything! I love to read about Baseball and I love it when the book is written by a baseball fan! They know the ins and outs, the tricks, the lingo and most of all they understand the sport and can accurately write about it!

This is author Naomi Springthorp's debut novel but it reads like this is more like her 10th or
Donna Smith
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The sweet spot can mean many different things. In baseball, it's the ball coming over home plate in the perfect spot so the batter can knock it out of the park. In romance, it can be all about the heart. I believe this debut novel gets both of these definitions. Sherry is an ultimate fan. She attends all the games and seeks out all the autographs. But she is respectful toward the players. She catches the eye of Rick whom she still has not gotten an autograph from. But he's not interested in bein ...more
Mary Bellisario
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Rick and Sherri’s story! The depth of their feelings for each other? Naomi brings you into the story and had you feel those same feelings. It was such a fun journey!
Katie Blythe
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*This book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*

Sherry is thirty-five, is the owner of her own travel agency, is single, and independent. She is also a huge baseball fan. Her favorite team is the San Diego Seals and her favorite player is Rick Seno. He’s 26, and is the catcher and Sherry has many fantasies of them sharing her bed. One night, while trying to get an autograph, she catches his attention and they go out for dinner and spend the night together. She thinks it
Mary Dean
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to the best baseball romance I have ever read. This book is what baseball fans fantasize about. A baseball player. A baseball fan. An uncommon romance. This book has so much passion I couldn't put it down. This author definitely knows her baseball. Reading her words I felt like I was at a game cheering on the team and also nervous when it came close. I loved it! This is the ultimate sports romance. I just loved Rick & Sherry. Their instant connection was totally believable. Talk about st ...more
Julia Gerard
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I'm a little late to the game! The trolley left the station without me! But I make it in time for the game, oh boy! Naomi Springthorpe is a new Author who brings the heat! Hardcore baseball fanatic Sherry LOVES her team! Won't miss a game ever, in the pursuit of her favorite players autograph, she finally meets him! Rick the hottest catcher in the MLB , is the stuff that makes all those dirty dreams, and Sherry has had them for years, are made of! What these two have is explosive! But is ther ...more
Lucy Ozuna
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I said it once and I’ll say it again, “Love is a powerful thing!” Most of us are used to books that has us keeping us in the chase and we feel the need to want to know more about the characters and more of their story. We never get their story afterward, but this one right here let us in their lives and witness the ups and downs. This book right here is the opposite. You’ll fall in love quickly with Sherry and Rick. A travel agent who has been on her own for a while and a famous baseball player ...more
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Found me a new author to stalk...I mean follow, thanks to this sexy and fun sports romance that made me drool a bit, sigh a lot, and smile big and wide!

I am loving this author's writing so far! Fun, realistic feeling, oh so tempting and just enjoyable, I devoured this romance with gusto and am now needing MORE. I don't know how I missed Miss Springthorpe's books before, but now that she is on my radar you can bet your last dollar I am going to do my very best to
Everything Bookish  Blog
Sweet and sassy. A romance that sweeps you away.

The characters are sweet and sassy. The laughs are balanced well with the emotions. I loved getting to know them. Passionate and steamy, I couldn’t help but swept away in it. The details of the base were fun and factual but didn’t pull focus from the story. An all around great read of your looking for laughs and heart with a nice side of baseball.
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
Dec 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

This is your typical insta-love/lust romance.

If you love baseball then you’ll feel right at home with all the plays and terminology.

The steam factor was high for sure. Major sexual chemistry between the main characters.

It was a bit too much in some places but that might be just my preference.

This story did give great paths to future characters for sure but where squanders.

It was a nice storyline that gives promise to future series titles.
Stephanie Hutchison
Every girl has that fantasy man. The one they dream about (in great detail), but know that it will always be just a dream. Rick Seno is that man for Sherry - until he isn't a fantasy anymore. Until it becomes real. The attraction between them is instant and hot. But can they work past trust issues and baseball skanks in their journey to find forever. Note - this book has a cliffhanger and is the first book in a series.
Mindy
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What happens when you meet your fantasy baseball player, not only meet but you get a chance at a one night stand with the sexy catcher? Sherry went for it, it after all was a one nighter--well when Rick comes back for more it's a melt your heart insta love...but not a smooth path-Sherry is and independent woman, use to doing things for herself and Rick's high handedness make her question blindly following but man is he good in bed! Funny, great characters and emotional feels, a good read!
annette08
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Out of the park!!

Sherry has always fantasized about her baseball crush, but she never expected it to become real. Then she really meets Rick Seno. Rick and Sherry heat up the pages from there first true meeting. Don't think everything goes smooth or its all sunshine and roses. Things happen and trust is challenged. Will these two make it?? Read now to find out.
Darsey
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book fast . I am a big baseball fan. Sherry and Rick make a good couple . Sherry must have an awesome singing voice to do karaoke. I see that fantasies can come true . I like the songs in the book. Rick is good off and on the field . His family liked sherry . Sherry has a good way at looking at things .
Shannanaghans
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Could not put this book down! The story of Sherry and Rick is a sweet, passionate account where love can conquer all. Or can it??? Springthorpe does a great job of bringing her characters to life and embraces a world where anything is possible, even your fantasy boyfriend!!! I can’t wait to read the rest of this series!
Devon Nasser
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm hooked, such a great way to fall in love with sports romance, with a lot of sizzle. Plus music is my life and Naomi has a playlist for her books, the best idea ever. I felt like I knew the characters in this book and am so happy I get more with the next book. Even if you aren't a baseball fan I think you will still love this book.
Michaela Dren
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my ultimate fantasy! I love baseball and my dreams are always of baseball players!
Sherry and Rick's story is so perfectly sweet yet also very steamy. It had me hooked on the first page.
If you're a fan of baseball this is a must read! Enjoy
Jillian Kerr
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the first book Ive read by Naomi Springthorp. I really enjoyed the storyline and flow of Rick and Sherry's story. These two had an insta connection and explosive chemistry! There was a good mix of fun, steamy moments and angst/drama. A great sports romance!
Carolyn
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book starts out hot and just gets hotter! I love baseball and have lusted over a few players so this was definitely a fun read for me. It was full of hot baseball players, humor and hot steamy love scenes. This is my first time to read this author and she now has a new fan!
Annmarie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was HOT!!!!!! I do have to say BEST SEX scenes I have ever read!
Pamela Fleming
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sherry and Rick
This is a great sports romance story. Two people finding what or who they are looking for in life very quickly. Can this romance survive anything? We will see?
stephanie
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is hot and steamy and moves pretty fast! I love the fact that it was not drawn out forever and still so much good stuff! Naomi is my kinda writer! I can't wait for book 3!
Elaine Barrett
Oct 26, 2018
Tia A. Myers
rated it it was ok
Jun 12, 2020

• The Curve Ball (Indianapolis Lightning, #2)
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • Devils' Day Party
  • The Lineup
  • Loner
  • The Curve (Swift Series, #1)
  • Truly
  • Dear Ava
  • To The End (Hannaford Prep #4)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Jock Blocked (Copper Valley Fireballs #1)
  • Den of Vipers
  • One More Step
  • Quarentimeout Love Glove
  • Wait For Me
  • Severance (Entangled, #2)
I'm a born and raised Southern California Girl. If it's baseball season you'll find me at the ballpark fanatically supporting my team. I love music and everything has a soundtrack. My passion for both shows in my books.

www.facebook.com/naomithewriter