Start by marking “The Loyal Wife” as Want to Read:
The Loyal Wife

The Loyal Wife

She thought they had the perfect marriage...

Tamra never dreamed she would marry someone like Mike Mitchell: handsome, rich, a wonderful husband... until she finds out that Mike is having an affair.

But Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and Mike Mitchell should have remembered that before he made a fool of her.
Because Tamra knows something about Mike. Something
Published June 1st 2018 by The Last Word

To ask other readers questions about The Loyal Wife, please sign up.
Kathleen
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Start your review of The Loyal Wife
Linda
If you're gonna bring the lightning and thunder, you're gonna get hurt, too.

Tamra Mitchell meets up with her husband-to-be in an elevator, followed by a tryst in this fellow's fancy car in the parking lot. Bad decisions all the way around.

Mike Mitchell is a successful businessman who has been encouraged to run for governor in North Carolina. With second wife, Tamra, in tow, Mike attends dinner party after dinner party in his honor. Tamra hosts gatherings in their home for potential donors. Every
Mandy White (mandylovestoread)
Wow, that was a shocking ending.. did not pick that! Very twisty and keeps you guessing... great read!
Erin (from Long Island, NY)
(2.5) But I acknowledge my rating may not be fair.. Ive developed a huge pet peeve in books- I HATE when 1 thing happens & immediately the main character loses ALL faith or trust in somebody close to them. But I'm talking about this issue to the extreme.. An example (not from this book) would be that a wife gets a hang up call- so she immediately put trackers on her husbands phone & car because obviously he's having an affair (or maybe plotting to kill her!)😂 No matter that they've been married ...more
Books Just 4 Me
Apr 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was an intense read! Tamra was certainly the loyal wife, in her own demented delusional way. There were tons of twists, in fact I’m still spinning a bit. The ending was a whirlwind for sure. I definitely enjoyed it and the last half of the book flew by!
Fawn
Mar 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
Well,

This was a strange and quick read. It would be best to call this a novella. I'm not sure how to present my review so I'm going to provide a list.

1. The main plot is fine, believable even, but much of the story is ridiculous.

2. The writing style is not very good and often not very realistic. It's like a high schooler wrote it.

3. The "news" articles were laughable. I have never seen a news article written that way. I can't imagine any editor allowing them into print.

4. Errors:
Below is a par
Apr 04, 2019 rated it did not like it
12/9/20 I'm rereading to see if I still hate this. I've since read all of Natalie's books and loved them so let's see......

------
I thought the first chapter or two were pretty interesting. The reader is grabbed right away by a certain plot point. But beyond that, it is clear this is a poorly written book. I don't say that lightly because I am NOT a good writer. Who am I to make that claim? But I think it's pretty clear this is bad writing.

Rushed writing, without much depth. Characters not fles
Pat (not getting friend updates currently)
This could have been a really cracking book but while I enjoyed reading it, it was certainly not Barelli's best work. The saying "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" pretty much sums up the story.

Tamra comes from the wrong side of the tracks but managed to snag herself a very eligible husband, handsome and successful businessman Mike Mitchell. Mike also has political ambitions. A few years ago he had a fling with a co-worker and Tamra forgave him and helped him cover it up. But when she fin
Fyrephoenix
Aug 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Lousy, unbelievable ending.. Not worth your time
Jenny Winter
Jun 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ugh, she needs to write more books. I listened to every one now.
Halie Durkalec
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
while i found the story to be engaging, i don't think i've read a book with such a stupid main character before. i mean, honestly, it was like this woman had absolutely no impulse control or the ability to consider cause and effect - she's already jumped into it headfirst. i enjoyed the book overall but i found myself thinking, "why are you so damn stupid, lady?" every other page. ...more
Neelam Babul
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A compelling and gripping story about a woman who believes her husband is cheating on her and embarks on a journey to gain her revenge. However she realizes that revenge is not always the best course of action for as its said when you dig a grave for your enemy dig one for yourself as well.

There were a lot of twists and turns and the climax was unbelievable. A good mystery read.
Pria
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars is a bit generous for this one
Somewhat disappointing as psychological thrillers go but would make a good lifetime movie.
My main problems with this book is the dialogue did not ring true, ie best friends do not talk to each other in such an awkward forced way. If you have nothing better to read this could entertain between books
Shelby
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
For the past 6-years, Tamra has been the perfect trophy wife to her husband, Mike. She supports his political and career endeavors, keeps up with their social appearances and events, has sex with him on a regular basis and even tolerated her three wicked step children. What more could Mike ask for? But when Tamra discovers that Mike is having an affair, she feels a fool. How dare he do this to her, after all she’s done for him?

Tamra wants to leave Mike for disrespecting their marriage, but she s
Eve
Domestic Thrillers / Women's Psychological Fiction / Psychological Fiction

What will happen when The Perfect Wife will find lace panties in her husband's trouser pocket? Naturally she thinks he's having an affair, and she wants revenge. She also have to deal with her husband's hostile daughter from his first marriage who comes to visit them.

Started off okay but became disjointed quickly. I didn't enjoy the writing style nor that I was told, instead of shown. I want more depth and integrity in cha
Lisa Morris
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Boring

Just not very well written, really far fetched and not one likeable character that you could root for in the whole story.
Corban Ford
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

You can imagine the ensuing events in this psychological thriller by Natalie Barelli. Or maybe you can't. After all, there are some twists and turns in this one, more than a few of which I did not see coming (surprising, I know). At the end of the day though, I have to knock it a bit because of the ending. I'm not going to spoil it, but in no w
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was ok
Main character is whiny and frankly, an idiot. Entire conflict could have been easily and obviously avoided. Very repetitive writing. Earned stars for the twist ending, but the ending is not worth reading the whole book.
Vicki Kirkman
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really Good

I figured out some parts, but not others. Will read another by this author. An easy read. I read it in 2 days.
Beth Pieprzica
Nov 25, 2020 rated it liked it
It doesn’t matter what the age don’t piss off a woman.
Tamra is the other woman who after 6 years of
Marriage thinks her husband is having an affair. It’s not the first time: Tamra and then Charlene. He’s done it before and can do it again. But not only did Mike have an affair Tamra helped over up a murder of Charlene.

In my mind the ending would’ve been better of ending at chapters 42. 43 was too happily ever after and tied up with a pretty bow.
Heather
Feb 02, 2021 rated it really liked it
I love Natalie Barelli's writing style. She keeps me guessing! Just when I think I know what the ending will be ,the plot twist floors me!! I have read two books now And neither have been predictable. I highly recommend this author. This and The Housekeeper kept me up past bedtime to finish. ...more
Donna
Mar 11, 2020 rated it liked it
Eh. It's just "ok" to me. Would make a good Lifetime movie. ...more
Jaime
Jan 07, 2021 rated it really liked it
I thought I had it all figured out, but Natalie said NOPE! Such a good, fast read!
Jan Field
Feb 07, 2020 rated it did not like it
If you find another woman's underwear in your husband's pocket, discuss it with him before you try to get him framed for murder.
It was just not a believable situation.
Sorry, because I loved 'The Accident'.
Feb 02, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: crime-thriller
The entire book seemed rushed. The build with Tamra’s panic could have been good, but it was overshadowed by her inner monologue of feeling sorry for herself. Terrible and rushed ending. Too fairy tale and unrealistic with everything that happened. She had the brains to mastermind recording the killer, but didn’t consider that she herself would get jail time for the crime she committed? Quick read for a sleepless night, but not a book worth remembering or recommending.
Teddie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Tamra can't believe her good fortune. From "trailer trash" to Mrs. Mike Mitchell, she is married to a handsome, successful man who she adores and who adores her. Her life is perfect...until she finds some sexy underwear stuffed in her husband's pocket.

Really?? And to think of all she's done for him! He'd promised two years ago, after she discovered his dalliance, that he would never, never do it again. If she hadn't intervened and cleaned up the mess his
Debbie
Aug 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
First book I’ve read by this author. It was a quick read & entertaining. Tamra was certainly a “loyal” wife, but I kept thinking just tell the truth! The ending was a shock to me. All the twists and turns in the book made it hard to put down. I will definitely be reading more books by Natalie Barelli .
Julie
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Just okay

A review I read said it was better than The Girl On The Train. I disagree, but it was good. The ending was a little too neatly packaged up. The first 3/4 of the book got me hooked though and I had to finish it.
Laura Ifversen
Sep 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ridiculous and stupid

This book was awful. The main character made one stupid decision after another. I forced myself to finish it so I could see if my guess as to the ending was correct. It was just awful.
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Awful. Don't bother.

1 star is far too generous. Seriously, this book was awful. I only finished it because I hate to leave anything unfinished and as for the "big twist "... anyone with half a brain saw it coming a mile off.
Julie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
1.5 stars.....
I'm wondering if I read the same book as all these other reviewers?
The writing was awful-- it was choppy and there was absolutley no depth to the story. I didn't like any of the characters; the shocking twist wasn't at all. Thankfully the book was short and free.
Confused about blue panties 2 16 Jan 10, 2020 08:39PM
Kindle British My...: The Loyal Wife, by Natalie Barelli 2 19 Nov 22, 2018 12:17AM

• The Next Wife
  • The Stranger in My Bed
  • The Newlyweds
  • The Wedding
  • First Date
  • The Man She Married
  • My Sister's Husband
  • The Stranger's Wife (Detective Dan Riley, #3)
  • What My Husband Did
  • The Woman Next Door
  • Trust Me
  • The Night Away
  • I Know Your Secret
You will usually find Natalie Barelli reading a book, and that book will more likely than not be a psychological thriller. Then Natalie decided to write one, and she hasn’t stopped writing since.

When not absorbed in the latest gripping page-turner, Natalie rides motorcycles, knits very badly and spends far too much time at the computer. She lives in rural NSW, in Australia.