Start by marking “Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers, #2)

Heart of Flames

(Crown of Feathers #2)

Veronyka, Tristan, and Sev must stop the advancing empire from destroying the Phoenix Riders in this fiery sequel to Crown of Feathers, which #1 New York Times bestselling author Kendare Blake calls “absolutely unforgettable!”

You are a daughter of queens.

The world is balanced on the edge of a knife, and war is almost certain between the empire and the Phoenix Riders.

640 pages
Published February 11th 2020 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Flames, please sign up.
Mi Universo Literario Writer Nope! It's the second book in the series. The third and final one is supposed to come out in 2021.
Michael Gilman It was published on Tuesday the 11th of February 2020

Start your review of Heart of Flames (Crown of Feathers, #2)
Eilidh
The hotly anticipated sequel to Crown of Feathers catapults us back into the world of the Golden Empire and the legendary Phoenix Riders.

For the first book Crown of Feathers review, click here!

Since the Battle of the Eyrie, Veronyka and Tristan are dealing with the new realities of what it means to be in open war with the Golden Empire’s armies, and they’re working toward building the Phoenix Riders forces. Meanwhile, Sev made his choice to stand with his fellow animages and the Phoenix Riders,
Reva Dawn
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So excited for this book!!!!
Holly Hughes
Thank you to Simon & Schuster Canada for providing me with a physical review copy. This has not affected my review, which reflects only my honest opinions.

"When a Phoenix Rider wanted to approach unseen, she flew under cover of darkness. Quiet as a shadow—soft as starlight.

But when a Phoenix Rider wanted to wage war, she flew under the sun."

My full review can be found here!

As most trilogies go, second books form the bridge between the beginning and the end. This journey, I have often
Samantha Eck
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOLY CRAP WAS THIS EVER AMAZING! I absolutely love Nick's Worlds and her storytelling. It's rich and vibrant and this world was on I didn't want to leave. Her characters are well written and the plot of this second book was mind blowing! Seriously, this will be a book to watch out for next year it's mind blowing! I can't wait to get my hands on a finished copy!
Brittany
If you know me at all then you know how much I absolutely loved Crown of Feathers earlier this year and how much I adore Nicki Pau Preto. I was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of Heart of Flames and I will forever be grateful to Nicki because of it. Crown of Feathers was so good I didn't know how Nicki could possibly top it but she managed it, 100%. Heart of Flames is SO good.

I've seen some reviews of Crown of Feathers that claim they didn't like Veronyka
Ally Crouch
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy wow!

Everyone needs to bow down to the greatness that is Nicki Pau Preto. When I read Crown of Feathers earlier this year, I was blown away and fell in love with the characters and the world that Nicki has created. Heart of Flames has completely dazzled me... and I am not someone who uses the word dazzled.

Heart of Flames picks up shortly after the ending of Crown of Feathers and takes off pretty quickly. Everyone is trying to adjust to life after the events of the previous book, some more
Asia Chrisma Currin
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The time has finally came! Weighing in at around 600 pages, Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto will be released on 11 Feb 2020. With that being said...here are my thoughts (vaguely as you do NOT want to be spoiled and miss out on what this book has to offer).

Starting out, I was captured. The first chapter begins with Veronyka and Tristian begin with training for hand-to-hand combat. The bond between the two are beautiful and it breaks my heart to not see them well off right from the start. A
Brianna Benton
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Wow this book was even better than Crown of Feathers! It's unusual for me to like the second book in the series better than the first but I love when it happens. This book is filled with more phoenixes and magical creatures and we get to learn more about the world, it's history, and the magic. I loved all the character developments as well as the developments in the relationships. There are a lot of slow burn romances in this
Danica
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book left me in awe and needing more! After the events of book one Crown of Feathers, (which I adored) I was worried a squeal wouldnt live up to my expectations. Trust me, there is no need to worry about that. Heart of flames goes above and beyond. There was so much action, emotion and romances. We see so much character development especially Veronyka and Sev. As always Val is such an interesting character to read you want to hate her but love her at the same time.

Since reading Crown of
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
I am tentatively starting this at 2-2.5 stars, review to come once I type it out for NetGalley. I don't think my main reaction is supposed to be *groan* "omg how did she not wrap this up in 600 pages? How is there a book 3?"
Leah
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hall-of-fame
I have but one word to describe Nicki Pau Preto's follow-up to the amazing book that is Crown of Feathers. Spell it out with me now. E-P-I-C! Yes. Over 600 pages of perfect, magical, phoenix-riding, EPICNESS!

See my full review at Write, Read, Repeat

For those who have been keeping up with me, you will know how much I adored CoF. And how could I not? A high-fantasy with queens of lore, phoenix riders and a main character who disguises herself as a boy to prove them all wrong—it's all I never knew
Sam Glasbrenner (SassyOwlReads)
This book was so amazing! I'm so glad I was able to get my hands on a digital arc.

Nicki Pau Preto managed to completely avoid the slow middle book pitfall and now I'm so mad I have to wait so long for the 3rd one.

It picks up pretty much exactly where Crown of Feathers left off and proceeds to go on a wild adventure. My palms were actually sweating at one point and a slight prickling sensation in my eyes may have occurred.
Amanda Bradburn
Aug 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
So excited to see where Nicki Pau-Preto is going to take this unique story! I'm so looking forward to Heart of Flames (and DID YOU SEE that cover?) <3
Amitai Vales
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ever since finishing the Crown of Feathers, I have been looking forward to this book every single day! Nicki Pau Preto has a unique writing ability to capture her readers in as soon as they turn the first page. Her world building is gorgeously outlined, and her characters grow in several ways throughout the book. I have no doubt Nicki Pau Preto will exceed these abilities in her second book. I can’t wait to read it!
SunflowerFiction
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: november-2019
HOLY COW. HOLYYYY YCOWWWWW. INCREDIBLE. I NEED BOOK 3.
Sakina (aforestofbooks)
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, 2020
Liza Fraser
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-reread
I received an eARC of this book, and it was absolutely incredible! An amazing ride from start to finish, and the perfect follow up to Crown of Feathers. Nicki Pau Preto has done a wonderful job of building her world and her characters. The story is full of magic, action, and even some romance. This is the perfect book for readers who enjoyed Game of Thrones, and I cannot wait to see what is next to come!

You can read my full review here: https://bookishnails.home.blog/2019/1...
FWis
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So Soon! I honestly cannot wait for the next book! This series gives me such nostalgic feels back to the Inheritance Series. its like a cup of warm tea.
The cover reveal was amazing and Im so excited!
Brie
2/16/20 I’m left speechless and in aw of Nicki. What a brilliant and beautiful book.

2/17/20 FIVE FIERY STARS! The perfect follow up to Crown of Feathers

If you have ever found yourself picking up the next book of a beloved series, you definitely know that feeling of worry that the sequel won't be as amazing as the first book and can't possibly live up to your expectations. You think there’s just no way the author can match or top how you felt about that first experience with their characters.
Dani Gobbo (Current Chapter)
(I won an ARC in an Instagram giveway)
It is no secret that I usually don't like romance in fantasy books, but I can say that Heart of Flames did the romance exactly the way that I would want it to be.
It is not the focus of the book by any means, we have the phoenixes, the family struggles, the spying, the phoenixes, the beautiful world, the twisty revelations (oooooh they are twisty!), the phoenixes (there are many).
However, the romance stuck to me because I feel like when it's "obvious" that a
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
Before we start, this is book TWO in the Crown of Feathers trilogy, and if you want to learn more about this trilogy, here's my review for the first book: https://thecaffeinatedreader.com/2019...

Now, onto the review.

I'm not gonna lie, for about an hour I've sat here wondering what the hell to even write because this book was so magnificent I don't think my review could do it justice.

This book picks up from the first, we have seen the consequences of book one, or at least had an inkling on some
Kate Bennett
Jan 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
And I thought the first book's cover was beautiful...

NOPE not in comparison to this one

The emerald dress contrasting with the oranges and reds of the phoenix... UTTERLY STUNNING
Jen
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, ya
*ARC provided by Simon and Schuster Canada in exchange for an honest review**
Veroynka has got her job of her dreams as a Phoenix Rider and Tristan is a master Rider. Veryonka's sister Val is trying to regain the empire that she lost. They are all drawn together in a fight that will shape the course of the empire.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this novel. I think it was a lot better than the first novel. The world building was well down I thought with the side bits between chapters and
Shahna
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Crown of Feathers was one of my favourite books of 2019 and I love it so much. Heart of Flames is no different. All the same characters are back with their own POV chapters, Veronyka, Tristan, Sev and Val, and now we get Elliot chapters! And a surprise character chapter at the end that was perfect and sad and ow my heart.

First I have to say, that I am so excited Sparrow is back. She is the best. So sweet and fun and I’m glad she gets a chance to hang out some more. I’m also glad that Elliot gets
USOM
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(Disclaimer: I received this book from Netgalley. This has not impacted my review which is unbiased and honest.)

Heart of Flames defies words. It is a stunning sequel about the raging fire of obsession, the simmering flames of duty, and full of precious characters. Heart of Flames is a gripping sequel that will only stoke the fire of your love for Sev, Elliot, Tristan, Val, and Veronyka. Pau Preto is a master of multiple perspectives, ending each chapter on a hook, enticing us to keep reading
Callum
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Heart of Flames is the perfect sequel to Crown of Feathers—thank God this series is now a trilogy! I loved CoF so much, and I love HoF as equally, if not more. In HoF everything is expanded upon, and the world these character’s inhabit feels so much more richer. I loved getting to go back into the viewpoints of the main characters from CoF, while also really enjoying the new POVs we get. But there are primarily three things about this book that make me love it so much: the phoenixes, the shadow ...more
Nikki
Jan 06, 2020 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, owlcrate, 2020
THIS REVIEW & MORE SYNOPSES BY SARGE

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
lindsey
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Already know I’m going to love this ...more
Erika || BMBookcase
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was tingling from the moment I read the synopsis. I did think Nicki could possibly surprise the joy I got from the first reading of COF. There is something so magical and indescribable about learning a new world and new characters. I mainly read trilogies, but I almost always love the first book the best because of that initial awe. I say with intense certainty that I loved Heart of Flames more than Crown of Feathers, and let me tell you why.

There will be some minor spoilers (more so for COF
BookDragon
Jan 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Thank you NetGalley for providing me with this free ARC for my honest review.

Veronyka and the Pheonix Riders have survived the battle at the Erie and it is now known that she is Veronyka not Niyk. Still dealing with the aftermath and betrayal fresh on the mind things don't settle down. Lord Roland is determined to have war and he has some very powerful allies that are already at work causing mayhem and panic. Worried about Val and her keeping her mind guarded Veronyka hopes that her chances at
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Belle Révolte
  • Echoes Between Us
  • Break in Case of Emergency
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • Given
  • The Night Country (The Hazel Wood, #2)
  • Infinity Son (Infinity Cycle, #1)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Red Hood
  • Dark Shores (Dark Shores, #1)
  • The Sky Weaver (Iskari, #3)
  • Winterwood
Nicki is a YA fantasy author living just outside Toronto, Canada. After getting a degree in visual arts, a masters in art history, and a diploma in graphic design, Nicki discovered two things: she loves to escape the real world, and she isn’t interested in a regular 9-5 life. Luckily, her chosen career covers both.

Her YA fantasy debut CROWN OF FEATHERS is out now from Simon Pulse, and the sequel

Crown of Feathers (3 books)
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Untitled (Crown of Feathers, #3)