Start by marking “The Witches of Gloucester” as Want to Read:
The Witches of Gloucester

The Witches of Gloucester

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  30 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The historic port of Gloucester, Massachusetts has a special charm, due at least in part to its resident witches. For decades, raven-maned Marguerite and red-headed Beryl have lived among its hard-working inhabitants, making magic and mischief. Love and sex fuel their supernatural abilities, but duality limits their power. To reach their full potential, they need a third w ...more
ebook
Published May 31st 2018 by Lisabet Sarai (first published March 18th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Witches of Gloucester, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witches of Gloucester

really liked it 4.00  ·

Ted
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heh. Wish this was longer.
Ted
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a lot of fun.
Jim Lyon
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An imaginative and erotic Sapphic paranormal tale with a bonus F/F story about a second chance at love. A great read and an even better listen.
Jean Roberta
May 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There should be a genre called “place fiction,” in which the location is a major character in itself, and its personality influences the plot. This fantasy novella belongs in that genre. Here is the opening scene:

“Once upon a time, in an old port city north of the capital where the clippers used to flit in and out of the bay like giant butterflies, there were three witches. Well, only two of them knew they were witches, at least at the start of the story.”

The two witches who are introduced at th
Cheyenne Blue
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, fantasy
Another fantastic read from accomplished author, Lisabet Sarai, who can always be relied upon for a skilfully written, compelling erotic story.

Beryl and Margeurite are witches living in the sleepy New England town of Gloucester, using their talents for good and enjoying themselves hugely along the way. When newcomer to town, Emmeline, arrives, the two witches see an opportunity to add a third witch to strengthen their power.

The lush and beautiful prose in this story sits so sweetly on what is an
Catherine
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot and entertaining erotic tale about 2 witches who meet their missing third partner who will help them bring magic to their small city. It's very atmospheric (and there's a bonus unrelated short story) and very sexy. It is also a tale that seems like it could have been longer; I wanted to know more about the original two witches and how they came to be Gloucester's protectors. Hopefully Sarai will do something more with this and tell us more about them.
Sheila
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beryl and Mareguerite need a third witch to complete their circle. Enter Emmeline who has no idea she is a witch. She does not believe at first but too many things happen that convince her otherwise.

This starts as a fairy tale. I loved the cadence and rhythm of the prose as I read. It would be great read aloud. That cadence of the language remains throughout the story. I loved the story. It is intelligent and well written. Though the women are independent, they support and love one another as th
Annabeth Leong
Incredible Setting

What stands out to me about this story is the incredibly well-drawn setting. Even months after reading it (I am slow at posting reviews), I still recall vividly the ocean as seen from Gloucester. I live in New England, and was stunned by how well the author captured the feeling of being here.

The characters and erotic situations flow from this setting. There is a sense of both ancient forces and sizzling new attraction. Lisabet Sarai's earthy voice works particularly well for wr
Sally
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica, lesbian, witches
There was so much to love about The Witches of Gloucester that I hardly know where to begin. Actually, I guess I do. Before I get to the wonderful story and characters created by Lisabet Sarai, I have to say a few words about Lorraine Walters, who made them come alive in the audiobook version. Walters tells the story beautifully, from her pacing to her tone, and imbues each personality with a voice. I often struggle to lose myself in a narrator's voice, but here it felt natural.

As for the always
Pebbles Lacasse
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Witches of Gloucester is a tale of two lesbian witches with abilities that any one of us would love to have. They live a life of love, lust and freedom that only time, and magic can provide. When a third witch enters their lives, an awakening unfolds, stirring an undeniable desire. I won’t give away any more than that because this story deserves your attention. All I’m going to add is that there is plenty of hot sex.

Not only is there one story in this book to grab your attention, but there a
Cindy Stein
Two witches in Gloucester, Mass--one dark haired and one a redhead--are searching for their third (a blonde, what else?) to amp up their powers and continue to protect the city they love. Emmeline moves to Gloucester to work on her thesis after a breakup with her boyfriend. The two witches sense her energy and pursue her as their third.

This is an erotic story with a good deal of sex. It did very little for me as a story and as erotica. The author repeatedly refers to the dark haired witch by not
Kathryn
Jun 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Witches is a sexually charged short - a bit reminiscent of Witches of Eastwick without men. I get the impression the story sets the reader up for more in the setting, but it works well on its own.
Katie O
Jul 16, 2017
Adrienne
Jun 08, 2015
Lisabet Sarai
Mar 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-by-me
Laurie
rated it did not like it
Aug 31, 2017
Trina
May 19, 2015
Maddy
Jul 15, 2017
A dozen years ago LISABET SARAI experienced a serendipitous fusion of her love of writing and her fascination with sex. Since then she has published two single author short story collections and six erotic novels, including the classic RAW SILK. Dozens of her shorter works have been released as ebooks and in print anthologies. She edited the acclaimed anthologies SACRED EXCHANGE and CREAM and is c ...more