Start by marking “Moonshadow's Guardian” as Want to Read:
Moonshadow's Guardian

Moonshadow's Guardian

All Riana has ever wanted is freedom. Unfortunately, that's the one thing her kind cannot have.

Bound by the curse in her demonic blood for millennia, Riana has tried several times to bend the rules and live out her life in the mortal realm. Now her consistent rule breaking has drawn the attention of Loki, God of Mischief, the main tormentor of Riana's kind. But instead of
Published November 17th 2018 by Dianna Gunn

To ask other readers questions about Moonshadow's Guardian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moonshadow's Guardian

Start your review of Moonshadow's Guardian
Alicia Miller
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2018
I really enjoyed this book. Characters include a demon haunted by her past, a royal family of vampires, mages with a bone to pick, and a loveable dragon. This is fantasy with a slight political element, and a world that the author only touches the surface of in terms of its rich history and fascinating ruling families. There are some elements of our main character that remind me a lot of the MC from the Throne of Glass series, that they both share a dark past that spawns nightmares and at times ...more
Kari Marie
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Thank you to NetGalley, BooksGoSocial and Dianna Gunn for a free copy. This an honest review.

Moonshadow's Guardian is about a girl named Riana and her quest to be free. Riana sees some old friends, makes some new, gets a pet dragon and must destroys another's culture to gain her freedom.

While the world was cool and interesting I did struggle with this book. I felt like I was missing information and at times I was just bored. Loved the dragon though. I felt like the use of Loki was weird because
GuineaPigFalconer
I think I'd give this book 3.5 stars. I can tell the author put a lot of thought into the world building, and some of the concepts (Eternia's fate and that of Riminira in particular, along with the gods and their history) were neat, although I would have liked a little more description of the physical setting. Possibly I just need a nap to keep track of stuff.
The dragon, Rolf, was hands-down the best character and I would have loved to see more of him. The plot was fast paced and kept me
Tonya (Rustic Book Reviews)
Thanks to netgalley and the publisher for the review of the book.

I wanted to love but that was not the case. I really had to push my way. I don't think it was bad. It just wasn't for me. I should have know since there were dragons. I don't normally do well with dragon books but I tried.

I am only rating based on my love/hate with it. Others may love it if they love dragons.
Carol Rosenberg-fox
Nov 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found that this story dragged. For me I got confused with the constant change of narrators. Sorry, didn't enjoy it.
Jessica Smith
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
You can find this review and all of my others over at www.readbookrepeat.wordpress.com

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, BooksGoSocial, and the author via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Actual rating of 3.5

Riana has been in the demon realm for so long now, she's lost count. Destined to live out the same pain and torture over and over again, with no chance of the sweet relief of death. Not only that, but she is still tormented by past memories, memories that cause
Mekki MacAulay
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is a rare privilege to read the early work of a world-class author as they develop and hone their craft. Imagine being privy to the early work of Terry Pratchet before Discword became famous. Imagine reading Ursela Le Guin's works before Earthsea caught people's imagination. Moonshadow's Guardian is such a rare book and will continue to grow in popularity as Gunn's future works spread out in the fantasy readership awareness.

Gunn demonstrates a knack for world reaction without in-your-face
Mekki MacAulay
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Gunn demonstrates a knack for world reaction without in-your-face
Kylie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I did get a free copy of story from the author when looking for early readers.

This book has some good moment and some fun world building but overall the pacing wasn't great which really dragged the whole thing down. That and all the Jacob's was kind of annoying for name choices, and I never cared about the main character during half of the flashbacks.

Really it felt like the book was written by someone who saw it as a movie. The flashbacks as a mechanism make more sense for a visual
Cait Gordon
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: authors-i-ve-met
Full disclosure: I'm one of the editors of this book.

But who cares? I'm also a huge fan.

This is the second work I've read from this author, and I really love her world building. She also crafts characters that draw me right in. It was so hard to edit the story because I wanted to read through to the end without stopping.

I really admire how there are so many elements of the fantasy genre in it—like demons, zombies, telepaths, magic, and of course an adorable dragon—and it never feels tropey.
Ellie Raine
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun light read

This was my first time reading a book on my phone(my 8 month old baby makes it nearly impossible to flip pages on a physical book anymore) and this was a great story for this format. Short sections, a direct plot with a handful of characters to focus on... I'm not used to shorter fantasy stories, I usually stick with huge epics with various side stories and such, but I enjoyed this lighter read. Very well written pulp fantasy.
Jacob Rundle
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story had many elements one would like in a fantasy story: fantastical creatures/entities, great action, a well-developed past, and a formidable future. I enjoyed the story the whole time. My attention was held and engaged. The pace was well done. I love a story where you get submerged in the material, and you lose yourself. I recommend the story. You won't regret it.

Rating: A strong 4.5/5.0
Catherine Labadie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was enjoying it until a cheap trick at the end with a very unnecessary death (shock value, I guess.) DNF. It was almost four stars, but I took one away for poor formatting and another for the unnecessary death and rushed "romance."

Sorry, fellow author. I've been trying to give nicer reviews but this one just doesn't get one. I won't post my review to Amazon.
K.N. Timofeev
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

I don't even know where to begin. So many cool and fun concepts. The time line could be a little screwy from time to time but that's to be expected when characters have long life spans.
Mae McKinnon
Dec 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Great formatting and editing (not to mention coverart, dragon, mmmm nice). I really wanted to like this as not only is the author very nice but the premise and setting itself is fabulous, I just wasn't gripped by any of the characters and found the chronoleaps a bit jagging.
Adria Reaver
Dec 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
This book was just gorgeous... the story, the characters, everything was awesome and I loved every bit of it! More people should read it, they would not regret it! I highly recommend this book to every fantasy lover, especially the ones who have a special place for the Nordic Mythology
Gemma McLaughlin
Nov 23, 2018
Rebecca
Dec 04, 2018 rated it liked it
i liked reading this book, because the storyline and plot was good. Loki's dragon Rolf that was given to Riana for the mission i liked his childish personality it makes you want to reach into the book and hug him. Loki was in there a little bit but i loved his parts. i also liked the little flash backs so i could understand the history Riana had at Moonshadow.
Dylan Madeley
May 26, 2019
Anna Szabó
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Moonshadow’s Guardian by Dianna Gunn is a unique fantasy story. I wasn’t sure what to expect at first. But I kept reading and after the first few chapters I just couldn't put it down.

What caught my attention was a specific name in the description, Loki. I love Loki. I read everything that has his character in it. So this was a must read for me. He doesn’t have that many lines but when he does appear he is amazing.

The story is set in a fictional place called Moonshadow. A plague ravages the
Soul (Shinso)
Amelia
Nov 16, 2018
Tangela M.
Nov 28, 2018

• Dispel Illusion (Impossible Times, #3)
  • Road Brothers
  • Shadowblack (Spellslinger #2)
  • Bloody Rose (The Band, #2)
  • One Word Kill (Impossible Times, #1)
  • Ghosts of Gotham
  • The Meadows
  • Lovestruck
  • The Enchanted Sonata
  • Second Star (Neverland Transmissions, #1)
  • Pigen uden hud
  • Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1)
  • One Dark Night
  • Bloodwitch (The Witchlands, #3)
  • The Legacy
  • The Mansion
Dianna L. Gunn has known she wanted to be a writer since she was eight years old. She wrote her first novel for Nanowrimo at the age of eleven years old, but quickly discovered that writing books is not an easy way to make a living. So she decided to broaden her horizons, seeking another career that still allowed her to work with words.

Her freelance writing career started when she became a