Start by marking “Pixie Cut” as Want to Read:
Pixie Cut

Pixie Cut

(The Sublime)

She's a busy lawyer whose life has just been flipped upside down. He's an ex-soldier whose heart has just been broken. They're perfect strangers, and now they're roommates too.

Sometimes I'm a hot mess. There's no debating that. But I'm trying to get my life together, starting with my fixer upper house.

How did I end up with a tall, devilishly handsome Israeli roommate? I co
Published (first published October 18th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Pixie Cut, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pixie Cut

Paula
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I am not sure how to rate this one to be honest... Have you ever had something sweet to eat or drink and wasn't sure if you liked it or not? I mean, it tasted good on one hand because it was different then what you ever had before, but on the other, well...it was different. You know? That's exactly how I felt about this story... I didn't love/love it, but nor did I hate it...

***** SPOILERS AHEAD *******

Okay, so this is a story about a 30 year old Lawyer, Lauren, who comes from a big loving Itali
Jenn the Readaholic
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First, I feel like I need to apologize to my former number one guy in this series. James, you are now officially in second place as Best Man of the Sublime series. You’re a very close second, but Avi edges you out of the first place spot.

Okay, now that that’s done. This book is absolutely the perfect end to this group of friends and their roads to their HEAs. This author has truly hit her stride with this one. I didn’t want to put it down and was quite irritated that I did, in fact, need some s
G (heartbooked)
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first read of Julia Wolf and she gave me one of my favourite heroes I’ve ever read about! Everything he says had me laughing so hard, or swoon like madness. He gives you real... and whether he was blunt, pushy, or however you take his approach... he was absolutely honest to a T!!! a man after my own heart!!! The heroine, though flawed... was remorseful enough to use mistakes of the past to shape her into the person she is!! Which was what won me over with her...

I absolutely loved and enjoyed
S.E. Rose
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pixie Cut by Julia Wolf is the 4th book in The Sublime Series. And it’s a good one! Prepare to swoon!

Synopsis: Laurel is getting over an affair that has her changing jobs. Avi is getting over a recent breakup. Avi moves in with Laurel and the rest you’ll have to read.

So, I was previously on Team James after reading Cut Loose, but I’m now a torn woman because Avi is HOT, ladies! The whole gang is, of course, in the book, and for my fellow Team James folks, don’t worry he makes some appearance! 😍
Frankie
Oct 23, 2018 rated it did not like it
It is not romantic or even entertaining to read about a heroine who knowingly goes after a married man, not caring whose life she wrecks!

It is not entertaining either to read about a Hero who lusts & is in love with a family member (even if they are not blood related and is not the heroine)!

If these two things disgusts you like it did me, avoid it then!!
Jessica
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of Julia's greatest gifts as a writer is in her descriptions. Everything from Avi's looks to Laurel's cooking just makes me want to drool! I love the other stories in this series and their tales of second chances with the same people, but Laurel and Avi's story grabs me in a different way with how new they are to each other and how they learn each other as they fall in love.
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Laurel’s life may have been just been flipped upside down professionally and emotionally, but she’s determined to get a fresh start with a new job and her new fixer-upper house. She isn’t looking for a roommate, but when one who happens to be good with his hands falls in her lap and offers to help her fix up her new home, she can’t say no, even when she knows she should.

Avi, hair-stylist extraordinaire needs a place to stay after breaking up with his long term girlfriend. When the lovely Laurel
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
What a great book. This author is really good at making you laugh. If you need a good laugh, pick up a book by this author. This book has romance and heat, but also a little heart break.
The plot of this book was interesting. Roommates turned lovers? Anytime I read roommates in the blurb I am always excited. Roommate stories are always the best. This was no exception. I really liked how the author went about this plot. It was fun and flirty with a side of romantic. It was perfect.
The characters
Gwen
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC from the author and I'm happy to post my honest review.

I seriously love Julia Wolf. I am legitimately excited whenever I get to read one of her books. Pixie Cut is no exception.

This is Laurel's book and we start with her leaving a pretty bad situation at her job and starting fresh at Alex's company (he dated Eliza briefly). There were hints of something going down with Laurel in previous books and I really couldn't wait to know what actually happened. Since she was starting a n
Nancy Wege
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book four in The Sublime series brings us Laurel’s story. It’s hard getting respect when you look like a little pixie, but Laurel has fought and clawed her way through law school and into a big firm. When that world shatters, she finds a new gig and a new life waiting. Laurel’s new coworkers provide the welcome she wasn’t expecting, and are a fun addition to the series.

Avi is the new stylist at Salon 410, recovering from a broken heart and betrayal of his former girlfriend. When he sees Laurel,
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Julia Wolf cranked up the heat with Pixie Cut! She brought her signature sweet as candy style and then turned the heat up a few degrees to give us pure perfection! I have fallen in love with all these ladies and all their men. I knew Laurel would be the icing on the cake. She was and so much more! Laurel has made some mistakes, pretty big ones, but she learned from them and is trying her hardest to move on. New house. New job. New roommate. After meeting Avi it's no surprise they are both smitte ...more
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
Perfection! Loved these two! They are definitely my favorite pair of the series. The whole series was just so sweet, I feel like the author really hit her stride with this group. I loved them all and I really enjoyed that this book delved into the whole 'cheating' taboo! NO, THERE IS NO CHEATING BETWEEN THE HERO AND HEROINE, but as adults, we are going to meet people with some type of cheating in their history, its inevitable, and we will likely get involved with people who have cheated as well ...more
Diane Wilson
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading any of Julia Wolf's Books but it definitely won't be the last. I have already ordered several of her other books in the Sublime Series.

This book is proof that opposites attract and sometimes the most unexpected matches are the best. The characters OMG!! Avi is swoon worthy if there ever was one. He is tall, dark, handsome and has an accent making him sexy as hell. He is honest, straight forward, always says what he thinks and a true Alpha in the bedroom. Laurel is b
Erin Southard
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never read her before but definitely will again.

OMG I loved it!!! I’ve never read a Julia Wolf book before but she is amazing. I love her writing style and her character development. I also love how we touch base with characters from the previous books so you get updates on them but you don’t have to read the previous books in the series to read this one.
I love Avi and how he kept going after what he wanted but not in a creepy way. Laurel said she wasn’t ready or even implied it he immediately
Benedikte Larsen
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book, it’s a roommate to lovers story. Julia Wolf’ Writing is amazing, it’s an easy read with lots of humor.
I fell completely in love with Avi and Laurel. Laurel is this amazing independent woman, who need to upgrade her new house. She meets Avi at the hairdresser and gets completely fascinated with him. (His charm, body, eyes and accent)
Avi is working at the hair salon with Laurel’s best friends, where he needs a place to stay and offers Laurel to help her fix up her house. If you
Cindy Hughes
Fantastic Story!

Julia has done it again! She has written a wonderful book! It was a great roommates to lovers romance! Laurel and Avi were great! They meet when Laurel goes to her best friends salon and Avi gives her a makeover. He convinces her to let him be her roommate. They make a great couple and they had hot chemistry! This story proves opposites attract! This story drew me in from the start and I couldn’t stop reading! It was beautifully written with wonderful characters! I can’t wait for
Wendy Livingstone
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in this awesome series, and is Laurel and Ari’s story. Laurel has made mistakes in her past, and is working hard to have a better life. When she goes to have a makeover, sexy, hot Ari insists on doing her hair, and somehow convinces her to take him on as a roommate. These two are total opposites, yet so perfect together. This is a beautifully written story which had me totally captivated throughout this addictive page turner, and I look forward to reading more from this ta ...more
Lori Caprio Tate
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have been looking forward to Laurels book since we met Frannies ambitious, smart lawyer friend. I love the confidence Laurel has and how she met her match with Avi. Ms Wolf writes these amazing characters that you can relate too and can see them in your friend circle. Laurel and Avi are no exception. The chemistry between the two is off the charts and when they hit obstacles you are cheering them through wanting them to get their HEA. I am going to miss the sublime series but the last book is ...more
Lauren
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed this book Laurel is a hot mess and completely relatable. She has made some mistakes and she knows that so she is trying to change her life around. When she meets Avi at the salon all her girls work at he kinda takes over her life lol. Y'all these two are so cute trying to dodge there feelings for each other. She refuses to mess with Avi because he's recently out of a sticky relationship. Y'all this book was so much fun to read!!! Oh and Rachel has the baby!
Jennifer Miller Molstead
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review for Pixie Cut: Sublime

By Julia Wolf

5/5

Laurel a corporate lawyer looking for a new start after running as fast as she could from her last job. Steamrolling into her life come Avi. He invites himself to live in her new home after he has just gone running from a relationship in which he had been cheated on.

The love they find for each other is nothing short of amazing!
Tesh
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pixie Cut was a great ending for a fantastic series by Julia Wolf. Thoroughly enjoyed each book and although the characters intertwined somewhat, they were each very different stories. This book was about the romance between Laurel and Avi. A very romantic and sexy book. I enjoyed the epilogue from each of the male partners of the four girls to round off the series. A great book and fantastic, fun and sexy series of books. Well worth the read. Loved them all!
Heather Poll
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Julia Wolf did an amazing job! Her Sublime Series is by far one of my favorites! Laurel and Avi's story had me hooked from page 1. I could not put it down! Her stories draw you in and are so easy to connect with! I can not wait to read her next book!
Meg K
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Avi

This book was sublime! I loved Laurel throughout the series and it was great getting more of her. I absolutely adored Avi and his prickliness. A great last book to the series.

And that epilogue, swoon City 😍
Latifa Morrisette
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read by Julia Wolf and how I've never read her sooner can't answer. But what I can say is that reading this book has definitely made up for not reading her sooner. I absolutely loved Avi and Laurel and I'm excited to see what is next.
Sarah  G
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Avi...yummmmmmmm.

I didn't think anyone would top Charlie and Eliza but I was wrong. So very wrong!!

Avi is a handyman, a hair dresser and all around amazing guy. I adored him!!

Laurel was adorable with her suits! And can I say I am completely jealous of her closet???
Mandie Foxylutely
When I started reading this I did not realise it was the final book in a series. At a push this could be read as a standalone as I did but there was a constant feeling of missing something as the group of friends discussed things that had happened.

However the couple this book focuses on, Laurel and Avi were so not what I was expecting. Avi was a little hard to understand at first with his brash then childlike hurts. Once the storyline got going though when the pair become roommates the connecti
Jenny Prose
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review for Pixie Cut: Sublime
By Julia Wolf

5/5
Laurel a corporate lawyer looking for a new start after running as fast as she could from her last job. Steamrolling into her life came Avi. He invites himself to live in her new home after he has just gone running from a relationship in which he had been cheated on.

The love they find for each other is nothing short of amazing!

Review by Jen M.
Gretchen Chasse
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely adorable, my favorite so far in the series. I couldn't help love the fun chemistry between Avi and Laurel is great. Avi steams rolls right over Laurel and into her house as her new room mate. Not sure what to expect Laurel find herself attracted to Avi in a way she never expected. But Avi recovering from a broken heart finds himself struggling to over look Laurel's past mistake in the relationship department. A great love story with such fun amazing characters. This shoul ...more
Lylian Aguiar
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! Avi and Laurel were a wonderful addition to this group of friends and their stories. I loved to get a glimpse of all the characters from the series. Each chapter added to the story to make it complete and to let me know a bit more about Laurel and Avi and fall in love with them
Candyce Kirk
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have said this every book so far, but every book keeps getting better. I love all the characters in every book, but this author knows how to write relationships!
Laurel is a character we already met in previous book, as Frannie's roommate she's made many appearances. I liked her a lot, so I was very excited she was getting her own book.
Laurel is a lawyer that's always working, that's how it seems in the other books anyways and she is starting a new job and brought a brand new house. Something h
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Julia lives in Maryland with her patient husband and three crazy, beautiful kids!

The Sublime (5 books)
  • Cut Short (The Sublime, #1)
  • Cutting In: A second chance novella (The Sublime Book 2)
  • Cut Loose