Jump to ratings and reviews

Bid on Love #2

Going, Going, Gone

Local newspaper reporter, Nadine Marx, has been put in charge of this year’s charity fundraiser. The Bid on Love Bachelor Auction gives bidders the chance to spend the weekend with some of the hottest, single guys around. Which lucky women will win the date of their dreams? Or will some of these dates become a nightmare?

Vanessa Adams is trying to save a piece of history, a farm she’s convinced was once part of the Underground Railroad, but lack of proof and property developer Dylan McBride stand in her way. After he dodges her attempts to meet with him, she’s forced to take things a step further. A date with him is being auctioned off at a charity event, and she refuses to let the opportunity slip through her fingers.

Dylan doesn’t want to be sold like a slab of meat. He especially doesn’t want to be stuck on a date with a woman who was desperate enough to “buy” him. When his plan to get out of it goes awry, he doesn’t think things could get any worse. He was wrong.

Thousands of feet up in the air . . . might not be the best place to be when sparks fly.

The Bid on Love series unites the talents of eight romance authors to bring you stories that will leave you breathless and begging for more!

Book 1: Souled by KL Shandwick
Book 2: Going, Going Gone by Samantha A. Cole (Coming June 4th)
Book 3: Joker by M.A. Stone (Coming June 18th)
Book 4: A Chance at L.O.V.E. by KL Myers (Coming July 2nd)
Book 5: For Her Amusement by Heather Anne (Coming July 16th)
Book 6: Stab at Love by Kristine Mason (Coming July 30th)
Book 7: Bidding on the Bodyguard by Kristi Avalon (Coming August August 13th)
Book 8: Afraid of Love by Annelise Reynolds (Coming August 27th)

91 pages, Kindle Edition

First published June 4, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Samantha A. Cole

96 books1,319 followers
USA Today Bestselling Author and Award-Winning Author Samantha A. Cole is a retired police officer and paramedic. She's lived her entire life in the suburbs of New York City and is looking forward to becoming a snow-bird between New York and Florida someday. Her two fur-babies, Jinx and Bella, keep her company and remind their mom to take a break from writing every once in a while to go for a walk, which is the best way to deal with a stubborn case of writer’s block.

An avid reader since childhood, Samantha was often found with a book in hand and sometimes one in each. After being gifted with a stack of romance novels from her grandmother, her love affair with the genre began in her teens. Many years later, she discovered her love for writing stories was just as strong. Taking her life experiences and training, she strives to find the perfect mix of suspense and romance for her readers to enjoy.

Her standalone novel, The Friar, (retitled The Road to Solace) won the silver medal in the 2017 Readers' Favorite Awards in the Contemporary Romance genre, and her short story collection, Scattered Moments in Time, won a gold medal in the 2020 Readers' Favorite Awards in the Fiction Anthology genre.

Stalk me everywhere!

Booksprout - https://booksproutapp.com/author/553/...
Youtube - http://smarturl.it/SamanthaColeYoutube
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/samanthacol...
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/samanthacol...
Sexy Six-Pack’s Sirens Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/16310...
Subscribe to my newsletter - http://smarturl.it/SSPNL

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
3 (2%)
1 star
2 (1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 41 reviews
Profile Image for Deb Hanson.
1,218 reviews12 followers
June 2, 2018
Going Going Gone
Samantha Cole
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I loved this novella, it was everything I wanted and more. I’ve read all of Ms Cole's work and although she excels writing the stories of hot alpha men, this one is actually little different, and I loved it so much. If I could give 1000 ⭐, I think I would do it.

When Vanessa Adams discovers the sale of a “family” property that has historical meaning she tries everything to make an appointment with Dylan McBride, owner of the company handling the sale, with no avail. But Nessa Adams is a professor or history, and doesn’t shy away from a fight easily so when she has the option to buy a date with Mr McBride all bets are off. He will see her and she will plead her case even if it uses every cent in her account. $1800 later and a hot air balloon ride she gets her opportunity. What she didn't expect was the electric chemistry that came from him.

At 2000 ft she pleads her case, and although it may have been his other brain talking he gives her 1 week to find this evidence she is sure exists. That date will be a huge turning circle for Dylan who is all work and women on the side, but something about Vanessa had him questioning everything he knew. She won’t just break into his world but will create something very new.

Puting everything into finding a book and evidence of slavery at Coldrick Farms, with plenty on the side discovering more of Dylan, Vanessa will be for the fight of her life. Whether Dylan falls into line with her or into the business man – you’ll have to read to find out. You will not be disappointed.

Going, Going, Gone is book 2 in the bid On Love series bought to you by 8 wonderful authors. This one was my 1st but I intend to go back to number 1 and check out the rest as they are released.
2,005 reviews12 followers
June 1, 2018
This was a great short novella. The premise is surrounding a bachelor auction Dylan has been coerced into attending by friend reporter Nadine. There is where Vanessa takes the chance she’s been waiting for. A meeting with Dylan. Altho his reaction when he finds out is not promising he soon calms and listens to her. Their connection is almost immediate and both feel it Altho both are freaked and react badly at first. Once apologies are made and wrongs are righted things progress. You’ll have to read to find out what happens. Good book
Profile Image for Melanie Marnell.
3,149 reviews19 followers
June 4, 2018
Frustrated by her inability to make her case to Dylan McBride, Vanessa Adams decides that drastic times call for drastic measures. Using her personal savings, she bids on and wins a date with the elusive Mr. McBride. While on said date, she plans to present her arguments for delaying the sale of a house and property that may have been a way-station in the Underground Railroad. While not happy about being in the auction, Dylan is surprised at how drawn to Vanessa he is. At first, when she tells him why she wanted to meet him he gets angry but then really listens to her plea. he agrees to put off the sale a week which gives her time to do a little digging around to see if there's any evidence that can be had in the basement of the old house. In the meantime Dylan and Nessa start dating and really get to know each other. Both realize they have feelings for one another and what they have is special. He almost blows it when he makes an accusation that immediately angers Nessa and she stomps off. He's able to redeem himself by finding an important document that will really cement nesses case or making the property a historical site. Forgiveness is given by both parties and they are definitely heading towards a happily ever after.
Profile Image for Allena.
1,012 reviews
June 4, 2018
The start of this book has the h begging the hero’s secretary for a meeting. Beyond frustrated she overhears a conversation and decides to take advantage.

What follows is a delightful read that flows well and a H and h that are great together. A little ingenuity and a lot of groveling make this quick read well worth reading.
Profile Image for Linda.
887 reviews81 followers
June 13, 2018
A delightful, well written novella that you will be wishing was a novel and wanting more of this couple.
Dylan McBride a wealthy real estate developer and Vanessa McBride a history proffesser are at odds over a piece of property that Vanessa believes to have historical significance as being a stop on the underground railway; and as such is trying to get an appointment with Dylan with hopes of convincing him not to sell the property for development. Unfortunately for Vanessa he keeps canceling their meting; however luck in the form of a reporter shows up at Dylan's office just as Vanessa is told by his secretary that Dylan has no new appointments available; and Nadine is their to drop off paperwork for the upcoming bachelor action Dylan will be participating in.
Vanessa, armed with the information gleaned decides to purchase tickets and use her savings to bid on Dylan in hopes of ensuring time with him to discuss the property.
As luck would have it , she wins Dylan and his date in a hot air balloon,what she does not expect is the attraction between them . Vanessa's goal is not easily achieved and certainly not without push back from Dylan , but after hearing her out he agrees to stall the sale for a week to give her time to find proof of her beliefs and because he finds himself so enamored with her Andy he admits he is a little of a history buff himself he finds himself helping .
Well the sexual attraction between the two of them does not hurt either in bringing these two from opposition to lovers.
A sexy sweet read not to be missed .
Profile Image for atomickitten.
629 reviews87 followers
February 23, 2022
3 stars?

That was better than book 1 but still not exactly what I was hoping for.

I gotta admit that I did like the characters here and the storyline was much better.
But the writing style still wasn't my cuppa.
It was all too fairy-tale like and too pg 13.
Well, until it wasn't. And suddenly we had all the cocks and pussies and all.
And that was weird.

But I did finish and I guess it was decent and I kinda liked it.
I think.

But it was nowhere near as good as the Bachelor Auction series Beauty and the Bachelor by Naima Simone.

I might try the next book in the series but I'm not sure yet.

Profile Image for Pam .
1,440 reviews12 followers
June 4, 2018
Going, Going, Gone is a short novella about Vanessa Adams, a history professor & Dylan McBride, a real-estate developer. Dylan is purchasing a property that Vanessa is trying to save. Dylan wants to tear it down but Vanessa thinks it's a historic landmark. After making a couple of appointments with Dylan to discuss this, & having him cancel on her, Vanessa goes to drastic measures. What did she do & did she convince Dylan?

Samantha Cole brought her readers a terrific novella with a good plot that catches your attention from the first. I usually don't like these short stories since it's hard to establish a connection with the characters. Not so with this one. You could feel Vanessa's intensity in her mission to save this location & the extremes she'd go to. Once she spent some time with Dylan, the chemistry between them was apparent. The sexual scenes were tasteful & not written for shock value. I think this was another great story by an amazing writer!
Profile Image for Nicki - The Overflowing Bookcase .
3,486 reviews151 followers
June 4, 2018
What starts out as need to save a historical landmark turns into so much more when Vanessa bids on a date with Dylan. He has avoided her in his office but he cannot avoid her face to face during the date. But both end up with more than they bargain for when sparks fly. But will their passion override her need to safe the site? Or will Dylan help her find the missing link to not only save the site but his heart as well? With beautifully written characters and a storyline that had me hooked from the opening pages this book should not be missed. Once again - Samantha A. Cole does not disappoint.
Profile Image for Rhonda.
2,794 reviews66 followers
June 2, 2018
When Dylan McBride cancels yet another meeting with Vanessa, she goes to an auction to bid on him in order to get him to listen to her story. Wanting to save a home dear to her, she risks his anger. After being upset at first, he agrees to give her more time. As they work together, feelings develop between them and Dylan makes a huge mistake causing her to run! I loved Dylan's mother in this story. She's a no nonsense woman who doesn't mind telling her son he messed up big time. Will Dylan be able to convince Vanessa he regrets his actions? And will they be able to save the home that Vanessa loves? A quick read but packed full of emotions!!! Get this one!
Profile Image for Meleaha Howard.
360 reviews3 followers
Read
June 3, 2018
I love reading Ms. Cole's books! While they usually have a hot, dominant man in them, this one was a little different. Nessa is a history professor trying to get a property deemed a historical site. The only problem is the property is up for sale and will be torn down if she can't stop it. She has tried to meet with Dylan to have him put off the sale, but he keeps cancelling meetings. Since she us desperate, she bids on him at a bachelor auction. What happens when she has him 2000 feet off the ground?
Profile Image for Kimkbries.
1,663 reviews
June 4, 2018
Vanessa will do anything to meet with Dylan to discuss saving a special piece of property. When her meetings get cancelled she must resort to other options to meet with him face to face. I enjoyed this novella filled with instant attraction and determination by them both to find their HEA. This is a different style of writing by this author but I liked it!
Profile Image for Amanda Roden.
894 reviews3 followers
June 4, 2018
What starts as a way to hopefully save a historical property turns into love. Now I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love Samantha and everything she writes. This book was a bit different than her others, but no less fantastic. I loved everything about this book.
Profile Image for Carolyn.
1,291 reviews3 followers
I Loved It!

I really enjoyed this book. It is a fast read and leaves you with a feel good feeling. It has romance, with a little history and steamy love scenes.
Profile Image for Sue.
1,214 reviews
Great novella by Samantha Cole. I loved it
Profile Image for Theresa Ritchie.
749 reviews
June 22, 2018
Must read

Loved this book was hooked from the start of you want a quick read then I highly recommend this book looking forward to reading the other bachelor story's
June 6, 2018
Vanessa Adams, college professor and local historian desperately wants to save the Coldrick Farm from being bulldozed and turned into shops. She knows it was part of the Underground Railroad that helped slaves reach freedom, she just needs to find the proof to back up her claim. But she’s running out of time and decides to make a crazy bd on real estate developer Dylan McBride to try and get him to postpone the sale.

Dylan McBride never wanted to be a part of the charity bachelor auction, but he has a plan . . .he’ll make sure his cousin wins his date so he doesn’t get stuck with someone crazy or desperate. When things go awry, however, Dylan feels like maybe he is a winner after all. Nessa is curvy, beautiful and intelligent and sparks quickly fly between them from the moment they lift off on their hot air balloon date.

Will the chemistry between them be enough to give their date a chance when Dylan discovers the true reason Vanessa bid on him at the auction or will the truth pull them apart before they have a chance to explore their attraction? And, will Vanessa find the proof she needs to save the historic farm before it’s destroyed forever?

I thought Going, Going, Gone: Bid On Love: Bachelor #2 was a really cute and sweet romance. It’s a quick and easy read that will leave you with a smile on your face. I loved how passionate Nessa was about history, especially since I was a history major in college. Dylan also turned out to be a sweetheart of a guy truly wanting what was best for the farm rather than simply looking to make a quick buck.

The chemistry and banter between Dylan and Nessa was enjoyable and the heat level was high, even though it was also kind of a slow burn. Nessa’s friend Faith and Dylan’s mom Kaye rond out the cast of characters and help add depth to the plot. I especially loved Dylan and Kaye’s relationship which showed a lot about his personality.

Going, Going, Gone: Bid On Love: Bachelor #2 can easily be read as a standalone, however if the other books are as cute and fun loving as this one, I’ll more than likely take a chance on the rest of the series as it releases. 4.5 stars.
Profile Image for Wendy Hodges.
2,097 reviews30 followers
June 7, 2018
I enjoyed this story, it isn't to heavy, deep or drawn out. Interesting history side as well, though I don't know if it was based on facts. This is the second book in the Bachelor series and I had already read the first one which was good as well. Bachelor's are auctioned for one date all in the name of charity, it is a good concept. So far the dates have been very different and both have been more than either thought they would turn out to be. I found this one fairly light hearted, not to much angst just a little suspense and enough story to get stuck into. The characters are likeable, both with strong personalities and know what they want. The character of the farmhouse is described clearly enough for you to picture it in your mind, as well as understand the history mentioned. Really good read.
Profile Image for Renee Entress.
4,968 reviews69 followers
June 19, 2018
4 Star

I was pulled right into this short story. The story has pain, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Souled: Bid on Love: Bachelor #1 by K.L. Shandwick

This is Vanessa and Dylan’s story. Vanessa is all about saving a piece of history. If she can save the farm she is sure that It is a huge piece of history. Dylan is not buying her claims. She has no proof and he just does not want to hear it. When she finds out he is part of the auction she jumps at the chance to finally convince him. When Dylan tries to get out of the auction he wonders if they will allow him. What happens when a little fun turns to wanting more? Will they both get what they want out of the auction?

I felt I could connect with the characters and the story was a great read.

I recommend this book.
Profile Image for Susan.
412 reviews2 followers
June 5, 2018
This book starts out as a need to save a historical landmark. It turns into so much more. When Vanessa can't get an appointment to see Dylan in his office she decides to bids on a date with him. Dylan has avoided her in his office but he cannot avoid her face to face during the date. Boy, do they both end up with more than they bargain for when sparks fly on their date. Will Vanessa be able to save the house? What will happen between the two after their date is over?
20 reviews1 follower
June 5, 2018
A great short read!

Loved this novella by Samantha A Cole. Nessa bids for a date, at a charity auction, with the handsome Dylan. She needs to get him alone and with no means of escape, so that she can convince him to stall on the sale of a building which she feels has great historical significance. Sparks fly on their date and I was hooked straight away. A decent plot with spice and humour. I enjoyed this book and would highly recommend it.
Profile Image for Chantelle Bouffanie.
1,162 reviews7 followers
June 21, 2018
Great read! I've volunteered to review this book for the author. I love to Samantha A Cole books. This is the second book in the Bid On Love: Bachelor series. Samantha A. Cole has done it again!!! A great story that leaves you feeling good. This is a quick read. I can't wait for the next story! I loved this novella, it was everything I wanted and more. Keep up the great work girl! I recommend reading Samantha A Cole books.
437 reviews1 follower
January 19, 2019
I enjoyed this one alot, not a typical Samantha Cole book. Even though I enjoyed it, it fell a little flat for me, she played up the library Chairman "Reverend" and I really expected more of his racial views to come out so it lacked a bit of drama that could have spiced up the story a little.

Other than the misunderstanding between the H and h, it was a normal romance, no drama, no spice, no intrigue ...so not what I expect from SC.
833 reviews3 followers
November 21, 2020
Fluffy HEA romance

No plot spoilers
No potential triggers
The book is nothing like the authors usual style of writing, no BDSM, no kink and only one little sex scene.
That's not to say the storyline is poor because it's not, it's a light weight romance. The characterisation is excellent, although the ML could have done with a bit more depth.
I don't know, it's a nice escape from reality for a little while.
Profile Image for Lisa.
612 reviews
July 21, 2018
This was a really good, quick, fun read. I enjoyed the historical / archaeological aspect that made the interactions a little more interesting. Vanessa and Dylan are great once they finally get together and I LOVED how Vanessa ended up getting her meeting with Dylan. I voluntarily read this book and enjoyed each and every page.
Profile Image for Nonna 2K.
809 reviews2 followers
May 30, 2022
Short, Cute Story

Nessa is trying to prove the historical significance of a local farm. Dylan is working in selling it. She bids and wins a date with him in an auction since none of her appointments with him ever happen. He’s attracted to her, finds out why she bid, and that leads to dates, an argument, and an HEA.
Profile Image for Mary.
501 reviews8 followers
Hot air balloon

That is definately one way to make sure the person you need to talk to can't walk out on you before you have presented your argument. This was book 2 in the series I am going to read the rest.
Profile Image for Susan.
1,222 reviews1 follower
June 9, 2018
An entertaining read that is a little outside the norm for this author. A touch of history, a few entertaining and steamy sex scenes and characters with depth make this story an easy read with just enough difference to keep you entertained
Profile Image for Pam James.
772 reviews19 followers
June 14, 2018
Sold!

Yes I am sold on this book. An enjoyable reading experience. Some sexy scenes but not super hot. Tantalizing. Written with humor. If this became a new series for Samantha Cole, I would get it! From a Fan... Pam James.
Profile Image for karen.
1,332 reviews
November 30, 2018
I loved the gentleman that Dylan is. You don’t find that to often. I loved the dedication to a cause that Nessa possesses. Drawing these two together by fate of a little boy’s accident brought happiness and history honored.
Profile Image for Kinzie Rose.
206 reviews1 follower
Going, Going, Gone: Bid On Love: Bachelor #2 5 Stars

If you can't get his time one way, buy it! I loved this story! I can't wait for the next story!
Displaying 1 - 30 of 41 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.