Start by marking “The Ancient Magus' Bride: The Golden Yarn (Light Novel) 1” as Want to Read:
The Ancient Magus' Bride: The Golden Yarn (Light Novel) 1

The Ancient Magus' Bride: The Golden Yarn (Light Novel) 1

(The Ancient Magus' Bride (Light Novel) #1)

A self-contained novel collection of stories for The Ancient Magus’ Bride!

The Ancient Magus’ Bride: The Golden Yarn and The Ancient Magus’ Bride: The Silver Yarn are collections of prose short stories that expand the beloved world and characters from The Ancient Magus’ Bride. In addition to stories by Kore Yamazaki herself, the books include works by prominent authors such
Published December 11th 2018 by Seven Seas

To ask other readers questions about The Ancient Magus' Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ancient Magus' Bride

Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

A collection of prose short stories that expand the beloved world and characters from The Ancient Magus’ Bride by Kore Yamazaki. Featuring work by prominent Japanese authors.

The short review...

When I heard about this light novel I was really intrigued! Would it be a novelization of Elias and Chise's story or would it be a spin-off? Would it be a story that happened off screen in the manga? I never would have thought it would be an anthology! Th
Shannon
Jun 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
😍
Karissa
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a series of stories set in the Ancient Magus’ Bride world. As with most anthologies these were hit and miss. There were some I really loved and some I thought were pretty boring.

Most of these stories are about some characters in the series. Although some of them were about characters I didn’t remember from the series (although this may be my faulty memory). There were maybe three stories I really enjoyed, the rest were so-so.

I really loved “Rainbow Day, Feast Day” which gives backg
Ninoshka
Jan 06, 2019 rated it liked it
There were some really great short stories in here that offered a quick peak into the lives of characters we’ve seen before and some we haven’t seen. It opened up the world of these Neighbors and took a closer look at their point of view in dealing with the humans around them.
Shala
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good collection of stories from this world. Some favorites were Pyrite Knight and Defender and Ash. My least favorite was The Vampire's Lover as it changed some cannon elements. All in all, I am looking forward to the second collection.
kurogane shiroikaze
Kore Yamazaki's Mahoyome has been one of my favourite mangas to read since it started, mainly for the detailed worldbuilding it incorporates. This short stories collection further expands that world, although admittedly it's not a clean run.

The stories in this collection are split, with half focusing on characters who've appeared in the original series and the other half with new original characters. It's a pretty balanced book in this aspect, although some of the original works might seem to r
Casey
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Do you like Ancient Magus' Bride?
Want to see some more of the world and especially some of the supporting cast?

This is the collection for you. (I'll be getting to Silver Yarn eventually). As with any other anthology you may like certain stories more than others. I certainly did. But after looking at a bundle of reviews from other Goodreads users -- we all seem to like/dislike different ones for different reasons. Which is why I gave the book 4-stars. Because I liked it on the whole, I liked what
Lara Giesbers
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Ancient Magus Bride is a manga series I have fallen in love with. It has the beauty of magic and fantasy rolled together that is still innocent as it enchants a person. There are eight short stories in this collection that can be read alone, or as a supplement to the manga series. Each story dives into the world of magic that Kore Yamazaki has created and enhances it. Of these stories, I found my favorite to be Pyrite Knight, but all of them are interesting in their own right. I would recomm ...more
Lauren
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I liked a few of the stories, but I thought that most of them were fairly boring. It just felt like to me that there wasn't much point to most of the stories, and most of the new characters in these stories weren't that interesting to me. A few of of the stories were also just really confusing to follow. It might still be an ok read if you're a fan of the series (like I am) since it's not terrible, but definitely don't recommend to non-fans.
Cyberpunkkitten
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable collection of short stories that take place in the world of the Ancient Magus' Bride manga. Every story but the last one seemed to fit fairly seamlessly into the lore, and it was interesting to read about the other characters and creatures that inhabit that world. Tragedy and joy lace together many of the stories and I would recommend this book for fans and non-fans alike.
Emily
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know, I’m usually not happy with other authors trying to write stories based in another author’s worlds. Too much like fan writing sometimes.
But holy I loved this book! I absolutely couldn’t stop rereading each short story. Took me a week to read cause I’d keep going back as I was so genuinely enthralled by them.
Alecia
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I expected this compilation to be better. I enjoyed the last four stories immensely but found the first four to be pretty poorly written; this was a disappointment as three of the first four stories are written about characters who were already prevalent in the anime/manga universe.
Joseph
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
More misses than hits in this collection. A lot of exposition fat that could be trimmed since fans of the main series will be the ones to pick this up.
kerrycat
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
some of these are so crazy dark but so beautiful - not a surprise at all. and a cliffhanger for volume 2 - THAT was a surprise.

a MUST MUST MUST for AMB lovers.
Kristel Thornton
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finished the last story going into the new year of 2019, and I’m happy to say it’s is a great start to the new year!
KathleenB
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some fun stories, mostly about side characters. A few seemed incomplete, didn’t fit with the main storyline, or weren’t as entertaining. Overall, fun quick read.
Bosco Burns
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jack the Flash should get her own book
Kim Compton-Carter
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My favorite had to be the man who hungered for trees. I love the mixing of the lore and modern in particular of this story. The rest were just as good. 😁
Kathryn Hemmann
Brittany
Jul 26, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Name (in native language) : ヤマザキコレ

Also known as Yamao Mitsu.

The Ancient Magus' Bride (Light Novel) (2 books)
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride: The Silver Yarn
“Your happiness lies beyond what you fear.” 1 likes
“It was like . . .
No. No metaphors sufficed.
In the light of the sunset, to music no one could hear, he waltzed with someone human eyes could never behold.”
0 likes