Start by marking “Four Sisters” as Want to Read:
Four Sisters

Four Sisters

The early sixties was a time of making love, not war. Kathleen finds love and starts a war with her family.

Four Sisters is a story rich in the relationships of Kathleen Williams' life. Kathleen discovers her sexuality in the sixties. She's different from other girls her age and afraid her sisters, especially her closest sister, Deborah, will never understand.

When Kathlee
Published May 28th 2018 (first published July 2nd 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Four Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Sisters

Suzanne
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first book of Mary Martinez that I ever read.

This was my first Mary Martinez book that I ever read.I really liked it.It really made me think about how gay and lesbian people are treated today and definitely how they were treated in the 60's.My daughter is always saying love is love.This book defines this very well. I'm excited to read more Mary Martinez books.
William Potter
Aug 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Mary Martinez has proven her versatility and ability to jump across numerous genres with ease.

In this read, Ms. Martinez takes us a step further in the 1960’s to quite a taboo topic and Ms. Martinez does it with ease, understanding and compassion.

As with her other books, the characters are exceptionally well crafted. In this read, our characters are growing up in the 60’s as the story begins. The characters are a few years older than I was during this time period but I had a few grins suc
Cyndy Gleave
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I Loved this book!It grabs your intrest,then throws in family love and turmoil, teenage angst, historical mileposts, and emotional trials and triumphs to keep you interested. As always, Mary's characters are so real, you feel that you know them, and occaisionally want to shake them. It's the story of growing up 'different' and surviving all the ups and downs amidst the back-drop of the challenging 60's. --but you might want your kleenex handy.
Angelica Dimeo
I won this book on goodreads.
This book chronicles the lives of Kathleen, her sisters through the 60's.
Kathleen bats for the same teen and in the 60's that was very taboo
eventually she tells her family and is kicked out of the home, loses contact with
family.
This book was a tough read chronicling discrimination at times it was slow and
hard to read but overall not a bad read.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Jan Crompton
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring book

I loved reading this book. The characters were 100% believable and the subject touching without being schmaltzy. Best of all, being a proof reader, I loathe reading books that contain spelling mistakes and grammatical errors. I did not spot a single error in this book and it just made the reading experience even more enjoyable. I look forward to reading more books by this incredibly impressive author
Teresa J Martin
Mar 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Coming from a Catholic family with eight children, five being girls this book was my childhood.
Watching my father die from a cancerous fast growing tumor was spot on.
Thank you for bringing back the 60's and sisterhood.
Angela Sizemore
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing story, Wonderful writing , the story kept you interested till the very end.... I laughed and I cried... it was was heartbreaking.. a beautiful story... would make a great movie..
Marie Armato
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read!

A touching story...it made you think of all the people going through this in their life.....comes down to....LOVE is LOVE!!!!
Ann Short
Aug 03, 2014
Mr Douglas Hollins
Nov 12, 2016
SD
rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2018
  • Crashing Down
  • The Last Word
  • Speed of Light
  • Bringing Sundance Home: *Butch Cassidy's Partner - My Great Grandfather*
  • Mother Be The Judge (DI Turnbull #1)
  • Girl Gone Missing (Lambert and Hook #11)
  • Surviving Reagan
  • For the Love of Beirut
  • Blind Spot
  • The Strategist
  • The Hunter Inside
Mary lives in Magna, a little town west of Salt Lake City, Utah. Together with her husband, she has six grown children, and six wonderful grandsons and five beautiful granddaughters. She loves to spend time with family and friends--she includes good books as friends!

Mary writes mostly romantic suspense, romance, women's fiction, and she has just begun to dabble in young adult mystery. During her w
“Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart." Marcus Aelius Aurelius” 4 likes