Start by marking “Deal of Death” as Want to Read:
Deal of Death

Deal of Death

Munshiganj is a quaint town with a rich historical background. It’s biggest attraction has been a temple and mosque co-existing within the same premises along with the tomb of Nawab Rehamat Khan. Recently though, the peace of this little town has been affected by the paranormal - the temple bell rings by itself daily at midnight.
Raya Ray, an ex-marketing honcho had been
ebook, First, 64 pages
Published May 22nd 2018 by Self published

To ask other readers questions about Deal of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deal of Death

Start your review of Deal of Death
Maya Bhat
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
The plot is very unique. I loved the village settings drawn for the story, the Munshiganj !! It talks about various malpractices that happen in the village; how professionals misuse their positions, how money beats morality etc. Some photos used in the book very well match with the story line.The chapters in the book are pretty small which makes it an easy read.

Raya Ray is a very strong protagonist. I loved the idea of introducing a female lead as a private detective. Normally we see male heroes
Varadharajan Ramesh
Jun 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderful debut with a compelling lead. I loved this story. Waiting for more adventures of Raya Ray.

A detailed review/ opinion piece can be found in this link.
Anshu Bhojnagarwala
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
It is no news for many that I am a big fan of Agatha Christie and her Belgian detective, Hercule Poirot.

However, just imagine my surprise to come across a brilliant mystery book that has almost all the qualities of being in the league of Agatha Christie.

Recently, I read "Deal of Death" by my blogger friend Sonia Chatterjee which has crime, murder, mystery and intrigue; in short it ticks all the right boxes to be a wonderful read.

I am already in awe of her lady detective Raya Ray and would urge
Sonia Chatterjee
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When the peaceful Munshiganj is affected by paranormal activity, detective Raya Ray steps in. Sharmila feels wronged when she's told she delivered a stillborn. A dead body, a secret inside the temple, soon Ray realizes no one is what they appear to be.

Link for Amazon Download -

Sona
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Deal of Death is an exciting mystery with a an intricate plot and an unconventional detective solving this whodunit.

Raya Ray resigns from her hi flying marketing job when she encounters a personal tragedy. Moving cities and changing occupations, she starts her own detective agency. Battling the ennui of mundane cases of cheating spouses and missing pets, she decides to step out of Kolkata to help her housemaid's sister who lives in faraway Munshiganj.

For Raya, it starts as a case to trace a
Satabdi Mukherjee
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
I heard about the book from the author's tweets, and I knew I had to read this one because I love detective novels.

Chatterjee's detective is Bengali, female, carries a firearm (and is not afraid to wield it), and is also well-versed in martial arts. She is also sensitive, generous, and emotional apart from being sharp-witted. In my opinion, this is a cracker of a combination.

Her style of writing reminds me of Satyajit Ray's Feluda novels in English. Clean prose, simple language, and a leisurely
Medha Nagur
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t read murder mysteries or detective thrillers, but this was an exception and I picked it up because it was not only Sonia’s debut novella but also because she has managed to write it down in just a week’s time. That’s commendable.

I was impressed with this book for one reason above all and that is, the unique backgrounds the author has come up with for all the characters in the book. As a debut author myself, I know it’s not easy to think in so many different angles in such short time,
Gary Monteiro
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought it was a great read. I downloaded it and had thought of reading it across sessions but couldn't stop and kept reading it till the end in one session. The setting of the small town near the international border is also great. Kudos to you for attempting something radically different. Can't wait for the next.

Given the length of the book, it is great that Sonia has lent depth to even the support cast / smaller characters within the story. I loved the character of IC Sudhir. Can associate
Manas Mukul
Jul 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Deal of Death, portraying an empowered woman with a gritty character, is a good debut effort by Sonia Chatterjee. Raya Ray certainly has a lot of scope for future novellas. I am going with three out of five for Deal of Death.

For full review read: https://manasmukul.wordpress.com/2018...
Aesha Shah
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I like the fast pace of the story. The plot is complex, sometimes confusing towards the end of the story yet it's captivating. I assumed that I had guessed who the criminal was and I did solve the mystery to some extent, however just at that point the author reveals a new twist. This makes the story more thrilling.
Ruchi
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fast paced action thriller, a good plot and a female detective lead. The author keeps you hooked with her excellent story narration.

Read the full review

Prasanth Abraham
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A refreshing new quick read, with interesting characters and a fair amount of twists and turns. Particularly beautifully describes the plot canvas of Munshiganj.
Dhiman Maitra
R Chatterjee
Sirisha Swamidass
Anupriya
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
For a 66 pages read that was put together in a week’s time, I would say that Sonia has done a commendable job. There are almost no loopholes in the plot. Every emotion and action raised has found closure by the end of the plot.
While it remains a suspense thriller at its core, Sonia has touched upon quite a many emotional nerves through tiny ramifications to her plot. The protagonist Raya Ray’s fond memories of her father, her camaraderie with her husband, her concern and willingness to help her
Sujata Bose
Ubhoybharati Acharya
Nupur Maskara
Deal of Death opens with an element of mystery. The blue eyes appear throughout and are menacing, with the lack of detail. The story moves fast. We feel for detective Raya Ray-by starting off on a personal note, the character comes alive for us and we see how nice she is. Point of view is also handled well, when we see the protagonist through the eyes of the maid sister, Sharmila.

Sharmila’s loss seems too similar to Raya’s, and hence a little unbelievable. The story builds up well, with an added
Richa Pandey

• The Pickpocket
  • The Canterbury Tales
  • The Invisible Man
  • The Complete Stories and Poems
  • The Complete Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes)
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Calico Illustrated Classics Set 3)
  • Mansfield Park
  • Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother
  • I, Robot (Robot, #0.1)
  • The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sherlock Holmes, #5)
  • The Weirdest First Date
  • The Brahmin
  • Foundation (Foundation, #1)
  • Malnourished: A Memoir of Sisterhood and Hunger
An alumnus of Presidency College (Kolkata), Delhi University and XIME (Bangalore), Sonia Chatterjee holds two post graduate degrees in the fields of Chemistry and Management. With eight years of experience in the Banking sector, she had taken a sabbatical from the corporate world to enjoy the roller coaster ride of motherhood. The break also gave her an opportunity to reconnect with her passion of ...more