Start by marking “The Legacy's Origin (Enduring Legacy 1)” as Want to Read:
The Legacy's Origin (Enduring Legacy 1)

The Legacy's Origin

(Enduring Legacy #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  71 ratings  ·  30 reviews
What makes a person a witch?

For those living in sixteenth century Scotland the very word witch is terrifying. Everyone is afraid of witches, both to be accused of one, and to be cursed by one. In a series of events beyond their control one family faces their ultimate fear and the consequences they can’t escape.

The very idea of witchcraft becomes all too real for the Dalais
Published by Monarchal Glenn Press (first published June 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Legacy's Origin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Legacy's Origin

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Legacy's Origin (Enduring Legacy 1)
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
Be sure to have a box of tissues when you sit down to read this. It was over before I knew it and left me heartbroken. I must read the other books!
Cynthia Austin
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"This book will break your heart, so be prepared for desolation and despair."-Authors note

Sorcha Dalais is an empath. Special abilities have been passed down to her family for generations. But 1500 Scotland is intolerable of witches and anything different could easily be confused for witchcraft.

When Sorcha was called upon by the Vicar to assist with the birth of his baby, she had no choice but to help. But when the baby was stillborn, she was unfairly accused of sorcery.

Join the Dalais family i
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

The Legacy's Origin: Dalais Clan's Fate (Enduring Legacy Book 1) by Dawn Brower
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
Oh sister!! This book is an amazing jump into a series of books that will all be based off the family of witches centered in this story.
This is a crazy look at how a
April
The Legacy's Origin: Dalais Clan's Fate (Enduring Legacy Book 1) by Dawn Brower is an intriguing, very emotional Scottish Historical Romance. This is the story of the Dalais family and their legacy.  Caitrìona Dalais Guaire, Sorcha Dalais Creag, and NiallDalais. They are torn from their homes in the Middle of the night and put on trial for witchcraft, were they are declared witches. One of the siblings had the foresight to arrange for their children to get safety.
Well written, and well crafted.
Marina Leonard
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a start of a series. We shall see where it leads us. Have some tissues at the ready when you read this. So sad, but I am looking forward to the other books in this series. It was a short story and it left me in tears.
Kristin
BROWN2
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a start!

Wow, this will tear you up. What a start to this series. If this first book is anything to base the rest of the series on, its going to be amazing. I admit I cried but I can't wait to read the next.
Roxane Twisdale
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a novella that needs to be read

This novella needs to be read before any of the other books in the series, it's also free. It's heartbreaking even tho its fiction yiu know that this actually did happen many hundreds of years ago to ppl that were accused of witchcraft. I cried so hard just knowing those facts. The other books haven't come out yet they are by different authors and blend with this story, can't wait for those books to start going live, I pre ordered the first one which will b
Kimberlie
It was an interesting story, but not enough pull to draw me to the next in the series. I must have missed the crying part because I will cry over anything, but didn't. Why did it feel like they were so accepting of their fate, and that being burned alive wasn't horribly, horribly painful? It's a sad tale, to be sure, but more like an extended prologue.

The narrator did a good job, but the editing stops were distracting. (The audio needs to have the background noise and hollow sound removed and sm
Sandy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so heartbreaking and powerful that it was mind-blowing. An empathy that is accused of witchcraft but is not just Sorcha who will face injustice she will be joined by Niall and Caitriona. In five short chapters, this book will tell their tale and what they must do to protect those they love. Can you image how horrific it would have been to see your loved one burned alive? The witch burning, murders and torture were conducted by detestable and pure evil people and those that accused ...more
Carole Burant
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful and heartbreaking is how I would describe this first book in the Enduring Legacy series. What makes it so heartbreaking is that events like this actually did happen in an era where you were labeled a witch if you had any kind of 6th sense or so called "unnatural" talents. So many innocent lives were lost just because people didn't understand or were too scared. Dawn Brower does an excellent job of writing this origin and now I look forward to reading the other books in the series. ...more
Brenda Moser
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing start to a new series! The author brings strong characters and weaves a story filled with so many emotions it will break your heart. She brings the story to life with her vivid descriptions of the times,their beliefs and her characters. It's a quick read that moves fluidly and keeps you turning the pages and in the end leaves you wanting more. Looking forward to the next book.Highly recommend.

All opinions in this review are my own and freely given.
Cheryl
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story introducing the children and their parents. It will be interesting to see how the following stories develop. I was glad that the author managed to create the tension and horror without going into graphic detail. I have purchased this but I received a copy via Booksprout and have voluntarily reviewed it. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Reader43
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A dark story drawing the reader in

Treachery and witchcraft continues in this short story. The family fled to France after their parents were murdered by the hunters. The age was brutal and this tale depicts it well. The author paints the age well. Recommended for fans who love history, and witchcraft.
Rosemary Hughes
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review is submitted after listening to the audiobook of this title.

A look at a time when trying to help others could lead to accusations of witchcraft. Often, led by those of fanaticism or jealousy, a mob rule is a group without a rudder to guide them, pure sheep mentality.
I enjoyed the narrator's take on this tale.
Scarolet Ellis
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Legacy's Origin: Dalais Clan's Fate by Dawn Brower is a great story to read. Dawn Brower is a great author and tells a great story with strong characters threw the whole story. I recommend this to everyone.

Cyndi
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gifts not undertood...

Well that was just brilliant ...to be born with " gifts" and then be cast as evil ...so sad ...and Dawn does a beautiful job with her words in this story.. Follow this series from beginning to end to see where the legacy leads ...
Brandy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is full of heartache, suspense and intrigue that kept me wanting more. I Highly recommend for over 18 due to content.

Tanya
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What makes a person a witch? They are torn from their homes and branded witches. Are they? Their children must be hidden for safety. Will they be kept safe?.Will they die as witches? A brilliant read

Belinda in Alabama
Don't get this unless,it is FREE

This is a sample. It has a couple of chapters from two books. They seem to be interesting stories but nowhere does it say this is a sample. I am much cheaper disappointed. Boo!
Chariss Walker
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writing was exceptional and I was intrigued from the first few pages. I was prepared to settle in for a nice long read, but that didn't happen as this book is only five chapters. Sighing. It was a delicious taste (except) from the full book which I hope to read. ...more
Hanna
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love me a historical love story and this is a fun and engrossing historical romance story all about a smart headstrong young woman and the man whom she falls in love with, good characters enjoyable plot

Elizabeth
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Very good read leaves you wanting more as you go through this book griping at the same time you want more of the story
Clarissa Boggs
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A tragic ending but a great little read
Patricia Wissore
WOW! I can't wait to see what happens and what their descendants are capable of! ...more
Karen
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book has a good storyline that is captivating and pleasant. The characters are intriguing and well developed. I liked reading this book.
Julie
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entirely too short. Mere previews of books to come. Nonetheless, fascinating and rooted in the craze of witch hunts beginning in Scotland.
Irène Wadowski uliasz
Une mise en bouche on ne peut plus réussi. Hâte de lire la suite.
Rosemary Hughes
Mar 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have submitted this review after listening to the audiobook of this title.

This is story of a good family, doing the right thing for them and their neighbors. Using God given gifts they helped those in need.
However, with the new laws against witchcraft, those that held grudges, for slights only they imagined,we able to accuse others and have the King's law on their side.
This gentle family was one that was accused and made to suffer.
Lily
Sep 30, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Crime For Two
  • Prince William
  • Dead South (Dead South #1)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Ruth's Journey: The Authorized Novel of Mammy from Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind
  • A Match Made in Duty (The Braydens Book 1)
  • A Lord for Christmas: Heart-Warming Regency Yuletide Tales
  • Wasted Words (The Austens, #1)
  • The Rogue's Redemption (Border #7)
  • The Pawn (The King's Cousins #1)
  • Lady of Mystery (The Unconventional Ladies #1)
  • An Improper Christmas (Improper Liaisons #3)
  • Lady Farquhar's Butterfly
  • False Memory (False #1)
  • Borrowing Blue (Made Marian #1)
  • Nightstalker (The Red Team #1)
  • Possession (Explicitly Yours, #1)
USA TODAY Bestselling author, DAWN BROWER writes both historical and contemporary romance. There are always stories inside her head; she just never thought she could make them come to life. That creativity has finally found an outlet.

Growing up she was the only girl out of six children. She raised two boys into productive young men. There is never a dull moment in her life. Reading books is her fa

Enduring Legacy (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • One Enchanting Kiss (Enduring Legacy #2)
  • Visions of Pleasure (Enduring Legacy Book 3)
  • The Search For Sam (Enduring Legacy #4)
  • Highlander's Legacy (Enduring Legacy #5)
  • The Apothecary's Assistant (Enduring Legacy Book 6)
  • Rhapsody and Rebellion (Enduring Legacy #7)
  • A Hunter, a Witch, and a Shrew (Enduring Legacy Book 8)
  • Destiny's Duchess (Enduring Legacy, #9)
  • Charming Her Rogue (Enduring Legacy #10)
  • Mesmerizing the Marquis (Enduring Legacy #11)