Start by marking “Mr. Masters (Mr. Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mr. Masters (Mr. Series, #1)

Mr. Masters

(Mr. Series #1)

He is powerful, older and my boss, a lethal combination.
Job satisfaction has taken on a whole new meaning.

When I lied on my resume, I didn’t expect it to matter.
I mean any child would love me; I was born to be a nanny.
I applied for a position working for a woman, or so I thought.
But Julian Masters is definitely all man…the kind you dream of licking chocolate from.

T
Published May 26th 2018

Start your review of Mr. Masters (Mr. Series, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
5 Smut Scale Stars

I don't know what rocks I end up living under sometimes...

description

...but thank God I can always count on my GR friends to drag me out from under them.

People have been recommending this author to me for a while and I have even had this book on my kindle for weeks now. I legit have no excuse for not picking this up sooner.

Although maybe had I done so, I wouldn't have loved it as much. I've been in somewhat of an all around slump lately...no new-to-me books have been really striking my f
Dilek VT
This is a risky book to read but if you ask me, its hotness is a good enough reason to give it a chance...

Let me make my warnings first before we talk about the book in detail...

FOREWORD - Warnings & clarifications:

1. There is a 13 years of age difference between the heroine (26) and the hero (39). His wife is dead and he has two children. She has never married.

On paper, they are not a good match. He is a man who doesn’t want to get married and have children again and he is right, not many me
A.
2.5 Stars

I changed my rating so many times while reading this book I can't tell which way is up or down anymore. It was mostly a downhill trend and I believe we reached a critical stage when it's better to write down my thoughts and impressions as soon as possible before I attach one tiny star onto this review.

I absolutely loved the kids. And I absoultely LOVED the heroine's interaction with the kids.

The heroine was awesome. And hilarious. When she didn't come near the hero. When she didn't t
NMmomof4
2.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I'm kinda torn about this one tbh. I struggled with the H being a cold-hearted jerk a lot of the time and never fully understanding where his issues with love really stemmed from, they had a huge conflict (view spoiler) that was resolved way too easily and unbelievably (to me at least), and there were some editing issues in the beginning especially that bugged (li
Deborah
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book ticked so many boxes for me and it proved to be an addictive read. I was still reading this at 2am this morning when I finally fell asleep.

Brielle turned out to be a refreshing delight although I’ll admit at one point I felt it could have gone either way. Willow and Sammy were great. Julian blowing hot and cold had me going hot and cold on him. But ultimately this was a book I couldn’t put down. It completely won me over and I’m moving straight onto Mr. Spencer next.

Julian is

‘My man is
Bev
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Struggled connect with either character and although I love a good arseholian hero, this one just didn't work for me. 😒

I'm totally in the minority but hey ho, can't win 'em all.
Carol
5 stars.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This author really intrigues me with her writing and while this story isn't necessarily a safe read for some readers and probably a few of my goodreads friends.
I didn't mind either the push or pull that went on here between both the MC's.
The heroes inability to commit (or even know what it was that he really wanted) and his frequent f*ck ups pared off nicely with all the GROVELING that followed after. ❤
Mr. Masters you are seriously messed up!!!

The dysfunctional family dynamics and
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Whew! I almost did a re-read.....

Spoilers ahead, 1.5* for the h and the kids

I struggled through the book so I'm not going to struggle through this review

h is 26 ,H is 39
She's his new nanny over in London from Australia for a year to work

She was immature at times, inappropriate at others. She said some words in front of the kids that I definitely didn't approve of but 🤷. She was a total idiot when it came to the gigantic asshole that was Mr Masters because she continuously forgave him over and ov
Jos
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 PLUS Seriously HAWT Stars!!!!!!

Wow, wow, wow, I am in LOVE and LUST with Brielle and Julian.... (sighs)..... I absolutely DEVOURED this story, I mean on the edge of my seat, completely oblivious to the world around me, devoured this story!!!! I was HOOKED from the start and experienced the most wonderful and yet angsty emotions throughout, talk about a roller coaster ride!

This was my first read by this author and I was entranced. The writing was brilliant, flowed beautifully and seamlessly thr
Bookadmirer
Feb 16, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: erotica
The plot was good but I didn't like the authors writing style. Sometimes it felt really sloppy. There is a scene where they had some kinda sexual act in the room with children, they were watching a movie and whatever they did it was under the blanket so the children didn't see it but it was weird and I just didn't like it.
Ivy Deluca
description

It’s almost hypnotic, right? The way it just explodes into a giant mess that could become a complete and utter tragedy, but you can’t stop watching it. I mean, it seems to end well, but you just know folks are going to have a whole mess of problems after the dust settles, right? That, in a nutshell, is this book.

description
The Good
I saw that this was recommended by some GR friends, it was on Kindle Unlimited and on the surface I was into the tropes - older, single, stern dad hires younger nanny (I love me
Vintage
Schizophrenic book. FSOG meets Mary Poppins.

This is Mary Poppins Nanny SWAT Team meets Gideon Cross/Beautiful Bastard etc and all the other Nanny (Secretary)/ Billionaire books. I know, barf.

The Old, Regurgitated and Not So Good:
1. Julian, the hero, is your Grade A dominant, emotionally shutdown jackass because of his wife’s death.

2. He has a really big…bank account among other things.

3. He’s emotionally distant with his children.

4. He has emotionless sexual transactions because…See #1.

5. The
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Meh.
That's how I feel about this read... Meh.
It was really very up and down for me.
I generally steer clear of books involving a deceased spouse, single parents, age gaps between the main characters, and... yep, especially kids. (Love my kiddos to pieces, but I don't really like to be confronted with kids when I'm reading to escape!)

description

But, this book was recommended and I thought I'd give it a go.
At certain points, I was loving it and couldn't put it down.
Then, it would just fall flat and I found m
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Who in the right mind would think this shit is romantic?
A cheater asshole hero who cheats on his wife, on the OW with the heroine, a hero who’s an asshole to the heroine and treats her like his dirty little secret and his whore? A hero who has sex with prostitutes.
I feel like if I read this book I will get a std. 🤮🤢
Ros
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

Fuck it, five stars. I am so pleasantly surprised by this book. I rarely give five stars, but I just can’t not as I enjoyed it so much.

Now, I don’t know if I simply had too much wine last night, but I thought this book was utterly hilarious in parts.

I was WETTING myself laughing when Brielle ran Mr. Masters over with the golf buggy! Absolute GOLD.

I wasn’t too enamoured at the start, I thought it was going to be another same old read. But it wasn’t. I’d forgotten how much I enjoy Swan's w
Ilaria 81
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He is my new book boyfriend
Yes a good well written angsts romance
Too many lukewarm enthusiasm books recently
I loved loved this story
5 well deserved stars
Lu Bielefeld
1 ⭐- Ugh! Didn't like it or triggers or pet peeve!
======================================
He is an asshole and treats our heroine like a whore. She has shit instead of brain and acts like a doormat.
They deserve each other.

“Now, if it isn’t too much trouble, Miss Brielle… do your job and go look after my children. If you are uninterested in performing the position you applied for, go find something else, because I can assure you that the position of being a hooker, on your back, in my bed is unavai
EscapeNBooks
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mr. Masters by Author TL Swan is an illicit and sex standalone novel.

“Do you want to dance with the Devil?”

Brielle is in London to work. Needing a short pause from her beloved Australia, she takes a job as a nanny for Julian Masters’ children. She is strong, beautiful, smart, quick-witted, and a mother bear of protectiveness. Julian Masters has no idea what’s about to disrupt his life. He is the hot, brooding judge that everyone woman lusts after and dreams of catching. But he wants none of the
Raine
OMG! SO GOOD!

I loved this book. This is my first book by this author. I always thought about reading a few other books by her (Marx Girl is one), but they seemed kinda dark and I prefer humor in my books. This one has some humor. Brielle was just too funny and getting into situations that would fell a less hardy girl.

I really liked how the author created the characters that didn't seems flat, but had multiple facets to them. Julian was cranky and an arrogant alpha male, but we also see his vuln
Denisa
How do I say this without everyone hating me?

Ok, so I kind of hated it.

I absolutely hated the first part (wanted to DNF but didn't have anything else to read at that point) so I decided to go on. From about 60% to 75% of the book I liked it (ish). Then it got annoying but I no longer hated it.

Yes, it is a confusing read.

The characters were weird and annoying at the beginning. Let me give you an example. *it's not a big spoiler, happens at the beginning of the book, so you can probably read it* (
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK. THIS BOOK!!! It gave me all the feels! *Sighs*. ♥♥♥

Age gap, a sassy heroine, a deliciously imperfect hero, lovely kids, steamy as fuck, a cat and a dog!!! T L Swan where have you been all my life???

Full RTC
benevolent bastard
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
I wanted a short smutty read but this one totally missed the mark.

Bree is on a work visa and has been hired (sight unseen) to be the live in nanny to Julian Masters’s two kids. She thought Julian was a woman so is shocked to find out Julian is actually a man.

These two are instantly attracted to each other, even though Julian thinks Bree is an incompetent nanny and Bree thinks Julian is a coldhearted bastard. But when it comes to lust, these two are blind to everything but their baser instincts
Merve Well
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I. LOVED. IT!

description

I won't lie I was quite hesitant at first to read this book as I'd never read about a widower with kids but the story gripped me from the first page and didn't disappoint me till the end. If you are like me, please give it a chance, I'm sure Bree and Julian will not make you regret it <3
Tashi
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I absolutely LOVED this!!! I didn't want it to end! And was so good that it was a full length novel! I started it last night and could not put it down finished it today now onto the next one I'm so excited
Jacqueline
Jul 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: rare-2019-london
I couldn't make much sense of the characters in this - he's a judge, she's an engineer working as a nanny, but neither of them possessed much in the way of common sense. Hot smut and excellent potrayal of the kids, but the main characters were too daft and fickle to become too invested in.

Supposedly set in London, there were also some glaring inaccuracies in speech and setting that kind of bugged me as a brit.

Complete story. Available on ku.
Naomi
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alpha-males
Second reread would be more of a 4 stars but I still really liked it.

This was such an amazing book, just thinking about it makes my heart happy. I was honestly in such a bad reading place, and Mr. Masters was exactly what I needed. I don't often read straight up contemporary because it's not my go-to genre but this book reminded me why I love reading romance so much and why I love being a part of this community.

Mr. Masters has everything I like in a contemporary, a big age difference between the
Leigh
Feb 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, age-gap
T.L. Swan is a new to me author and Mr. Masters was an awesome first book for me to read. I devoured it from beginning to end. There is so much that I could say about this book but the main thing to me is that I loved Julian and Bree together, their chemistry was off the charts hot and their interactions were so enjoyable. Julian is a 37 year old widower with two children who is in need of a nanny. Bree is a 25 year old from Australia absolutely no experience but becomes the best thing that has ...more

• Sweet Temptation
  • Beautifully Cruel
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Unconditional
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Voyeur (Voyeur, #1)
  • Inappropriate
  • The Cruelest Stranger
  • Dirty Letters
  • Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)
  • Dear Ava
  • Gorgeous Gyno
  • The Boss (Manhattan Records #1)
  • The Donor
  • Welcome to the Dark Side (The Fallen Men, #2)
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Dreams of 18

I'm a Psychology student, wife and mother of three based in beautiful Sydney Australia. I work for the Australian Schizophrenia Fellowship.I have always wanted to write, but life had got in the way. I was always too busy, too tired, too unsure of my talent. Last year I finally woke up took the plunge and I am eternally grateful that I did. I am now happily addicted to my writing and love bringing

Mr. Series (2 books)