Start by marking “Between The Waves” as Want to Read:
Between The Waves

Between The Waves

(Love Overseas #1)

Sex, suspense, and surfing in one enticing tale of a woman who calls herself Audrey Logan.

I moved to a small town on the island of Maui, ready to live out my days on my own and far away from the monster I left back in Chicago.

It was the perfect reset until I needed something more. Someone more.

When I met Jake, the hottest guy in board shorts this side of the island, I sta
Published June 28th 2018 by Persephone Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Between The Waves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between The Waves

Crystal
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read for me. I read it in one night and thoroughly enjoyed it!! It’s a great book to read on a beach! I love the setting and the characters interactions with each other felt so genuine. The suspense element towards the end really picked the pace up. I wish it was longer, I’d love to know more about how their lives end up. Maybe there will be a second book? I know I’d read it!!

Cassidy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Between The Waves is the debut novella by Ellie Malouff. I quite enjoyed it. It is set in Hawaii. You have a girl new to the island and a hunky surfer. He ends up teaching her how to surf. It was the perfect, short, summer read that allowed me to take a quick vacation to to Hawaii. I loved the town and characters created. I was captivated until the very end.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Ivy Deluca
I had the privilege of beta reading for my friend and I was thrilled. There's action, adventure, some sweet banter and above all, romance. I have a standing rule that I don't rate my beta reads, but I had to say that I loved it and love this author. Looking forward to more from her. :)
Annie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I loved this story about Sara/ Audrey and Jake. Sara is on the run and is hiding in Manalua Hawaii. She keeps to herself. Deciding to venture out to the coffee shop, she is told to see Jake, a local surf pro who gives lessons. Jake is done with the pro scene. He is trying to raise his brother Sam and run the surf hut, his family's business. He almost turns Audrey away thinking she is a tourist but when she says she will commit to six lessons h ...more
L. Powell
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read, with great descriptions.

The relationship between the main characters is cute and you can’t help but fall in love with their romance.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it quickly hooked me into the plot line.
Amanda
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a beachy, summer read, I recommend Between the Waves.

This story pulls you in from page one with the introduction of Audrey. New to the fictional small town of Manalua, she is thousands of miles away from home. From the start, it’s understood she’s running from something. She's hesitant about being too friendly and revealing too much. But! she can’t stay in the house forever and decides it’s best to try and blend in. She heads to the local surf shop to ask about lessons, onl
Tori
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, fast paced read!

🌟🌟🌟🌟 1/2 Stars!! This story began from the first page and kept you guessing why Audrey is running from her past. She is careful and does not want to let her guard down, but the welcoming of the small community softens her. Jake, Thor as she likes to call him, comes into her life and everything changes. The passion between them ignites instantly and a whirlwind relationship begins. Her past and his family collide for the suspenseful ending.

I enjoyed the characters and st
Cassie Faber
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story which takes place in Hawaii. The characters are well developed and the story well written. Early on you get a sense that Sara/Audrey has a secret. When she meets buff surfer Jake there's a natural connection between them that just feels right. It's easy to bond with these characters and you quickly fall in love with their romance. It's a nice summer read filled with action, adventure and romance, a must read! Well done Ellie!
Christi Whitson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong heroine with a mysterious past? - check!
Tall, sexy surf god? - check!
Humor, drama, and steamy sex scenes? check, check, CHECK!

This was a quick and amazing read, and I have no doubt I’ll read it again. Once again, Malouff has captured my imagination with her authentic characters and skilled use of setting. I read these a little out of order, but that doesn’t matter. Can’t wait to read the third book in the series!
Dani
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book found me at just the perfect time. I needed something that would help me escape into another world (at least for a few short hours). The characters are so vivid with palpable personalities. The landscape comes alive on the pages to the point where I can smell the sea air and feel the sand beneath my toes. It had romance, lust, intrigue and suspense all wrapped in this fun little package. If you need a brief release from the day to day, this is it!
Carol
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author for me. I enjoyed it. It was well written, had a great storyline and characters. Jake is strong, loyal, taking care of his brother and running the family business. Sara is running, hiding, did she run far enough. Can Jake and Sara overcome their pasts and make their HEA? I recommend this to all. I received it as an arc and voluntarily reviewed it.
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Ellie Malouff's debut, Between the Waves, caught my attention as soon as I read the blurb. A woman who is trying to escape her past and find a new life in Hawaii? Heck yes. Sign me up. This is the kind of escapism I can totally get behind. I loved the setting. It really made me want to hop on a plane to Hawaii. And that's a long flight for someone who doesn't enjoy flying. 😉

Audrey (aka Sara) was a great heroine. I appreciated her strength and det
Mary Kazen *Rabid Readers Book Blog*
Hot surfer...check. Strong and independent woman...check. Swoon worthy romance...check. Life threatening action...check. This book has it all! And I loved every minute of this.
Audrey (not her real name) moves to Maui to get away from a crazy ex. She meets Jake and starts taking surf lessons from him. Those surf lessons start out to be more and pretty soon they are in a fun romance. But her stalker is out there and might know where she is, waiting for the opportunity to arise for him to get her.
✨The QD Bibliophile✨
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novelas
If you’re looking for a super fun, quick summer read, look no further. Audrey is escaping a situation in Chicago that has her perpetually looking over her shoulder when she meets Jake, ex pro-surfer who agrees to take her on as a student. Inevitably, a relationship develops. It’s an adorable story, set in a gorgeous landscape (Maui). I do wish it were a full length instead of a novella to give the characters a little more time to develop but overall it was great. I’m looking forward to the next ...more
Jes
Shelves: arc, reviewed
Between the Waves was an enjoyable sweet debut novella by Ellie Malouff.

Audrey Logan is new to Manalua and after hiding out for a month she has decided to get out and try something new – surf lessons. Jake Garrant use to-be a Pro Surfer years ago but now he run’s the local surf shop. When these two meet for the first time, it’s instant chemistry. But can you fall for someone if you’re using an alias and hiding your past?

If you’re looking for a quick summer book that has great characters and is
Tanya
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She left and changed her name to make a new life for herself. She is now bored so she takes surfing lesson. The instructor is fit and not so that helps. He has step in to help his younger brother and gives lessons. She comes along and he finds it hard to keep his mind on the job. What will happen between them? See by reading

Gin
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sun, surf and sweet kisses ❤ A fun and entertaining story with a sweet heat romance. Well written with likable characters that are well developed and interesting. Jake and Sara have instant chemistry and are terrific together. A bit of mystery and intrigue along with the romance makes for a wonderful read.

Melanie A. Smith
All the feels

Yes, Ellie, this book gave me all the chest flutters, a few gut wrenches, and even misty eyes a time or three. A short, exciting, and ultimately sweet story, Between the Waves is a ridiculously fun read. Looking forward to more from this talented author!
Deb
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A well written story about a young woman on the run, hiding in paradise and finding someone who might be able to bring peace and love back into her life. It was a good story with lots of descriptive prose that set the scenes and made me want to go to the islands as well.
Kimberly
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book is a good contemporary romance read. The story is a well written read. The characters are good and have good chemistry. The story has action, adventure, sweet banter, suspense, and romance.

Marla Holt
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
The romance was fun and well written with just the right amount of intrigue. I loved the characterization of the island, but would have liked to spend a little more time with the supporting characters.

Rachel Benefield
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you want a sweet, sexy and thrilling beach read, this is it!! I read it in a day because I couldnt put it down! What an amazing debut novel for Ellie!
Thi
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first read from this author and I enjoyed it very much. I loved the description of island life. It brought back a lot of memories. Would definitely read more from this author.
Karen
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is an interesting storyline romance that is a good summertime read. The characters are intriguing, engaging, and well developed. I liked reading this book.
Ary Yusof
Elizabeth Smoak
Dec 03, 2018
Brandy
Nov 20, 2018
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
What a great debut!

Audrey is on the run and living in Manalua, Maui when she meets Jake, a local who agrees to teach her how to surf. Soon they're indulging in a hot, sweet affair, but there is someone out there who's intent on making Audrey's life a whole lots less peaceful than the beautiful Hawaiian waves.

For a debut novel, Between the Waves is pretty darn fabulous. Jake and Audrey are interesting, very likable characters with layers to unwrap. There is lots of character and relationship deve
Hi!

I'm Ellie and I love sharing romantic goodness with friends far and wide. Want to be looped in? Sign up at https://www.elliemalouff.com/newsletter.

P.S...if you sign up now, you'll get to read the first chapter of Be What Love Is for free.

P.P.S...you'll also get to see a *very* embarrassing photo of me from middle school.

*The stuffy official bio*
Ellie Malouff has been dreaming up stories for as

Love Overseas (3 books)
  • Be What Love Is (Love Overseas, #2)
  • Pull At My Heart: A Love Overseas Novel