Start by marking “Between The Waves” as Want to Read:
Between The Waves

Between The Waves

(Love Overseas #1)

Sex, suspense, and surfing in one enticing tale of a woman who calls herself Audrey Logan.

I moved to a small town on the island of Maui, ready to live out my days on my own and far away from the monster I left back in Chicago.

It was the perfect reset until I needed something more. Someone more.

When I met Jake, the hottest guy in board shorts this side of the island, I sta
Published June 28th 2018 by Persephone Publishing LLC

To ask other readers questions about Between The Waves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Between The Waves

Start your review of Between The Waves
Crystal
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read for me. I read it in one night and thoroughly enjoyed it!! It’s a great book to read on a beach! I love the setting and the characters interactions with each other felt so genuine. The suspense element towards the end really picked the pace up. I wish it was longer, I’d love to know more about how their lives end up. Maybe there will be a second book? I know I’d read it!!

Cassidy
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Between The Waves is the debut novella by Ellie Malouff. I quite enjoyed it. It is set in Hawaii. You have a girl new to the island and a hunky surfer. He ends up teaching her how to surf. It was the perfect, short, summer read that allowed me to take a quick vacation to to Hawaii. I loved the town and characters created. I was captivated until the very end.

I voluntarily read an early copy.
Ivy Deluca
I had the privilege of beta reading for my friend and I was thrilled. There's action, adventure, some sweet banter and above all, romance. I have a standing rule that I don't rate my beta reads, but I had to say that I loved it and love this author. Looking forward to more from her. :)
Sana Khatri
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky, suspenseful, and swoony.

Ebook received as a giveaway present.

I don't even know where to start with this book, seriously. Everything about the storyline, characters, and plot was applaudable. With simple writing, great interactive dialogues, and a twist that was both gasp-worthy and curse-inducing, I think Ellie has done an absolutely fantastic job at giving the readers a perfect combination of romance, angst, and drama.
The events which took place in the book flowed effortlessly, and
Annie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to read this ARC for an honest review. I loved this story about Sara/ Audrey and Jake. Sara is on the run and is hiding in Manalua Hawaii. She keeps to herself. Deciding to venture out to the coffee shop, she is told to see Jake, a local surf pro who gives lessons. Jake is done with the pro scene. He is trying to raise his brother Sam and run the surf hut, his family's business. He almost turns Audrey away thinking she is a tourist but when she says she will commit to six lessons h ...more
Janine Caroline
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great read!
This book gets a solid five stars from me! A well written love story with so much going for it: a great setting (Hawaii), hot and steamy romance with a good dose of mystery & suspense. Jake and Sara are adorable together and I really enjoyed the time spent reading their story. I will be checking out more books by this author.
Michelle Hillstrom
Quick, fun, and swoon-worthy
I want my own demi-god-like surfer after reading this book! Jake is so yummy!
You’ll feel like you just took a trip Hawaii after reading this one because Ellie Malouff does such a great job creating the scene.
Such a fun book with well-developed and likable characters! Add this to your TBR!
Carol Hibbs
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of Between the Waves by Ellie Malouff

I loved the story, the love, thrill and excitement. I felt Connected to the characters. I’d like to go to Hawaii now and experience all that I can.
Lindsey Powell
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read, with great descriptions.

The relationship between the main characters is cute and you can’t help but fall in love with their romance.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and it quickly hooked me into the plot line.
Kristen Granata
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was SUCH a sweet book! Read this if you’re looking for something with two loveable characters who don’t have any relationship issues & who will warm your heart. There’s one major conflict & there aren’t any constant ups & downs that kill you as you read. It was totally pleasant & a breath of fresh air with all these other books that put unrealistic things in a story for shock value. This actually reminded me of Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I love the author’s writing & can’t wait to read ...more
Anonymous Girl
11/29/19
$1.99

Book 2 is also free today.

June 2019
ADULT ROMANCE
Can be read as a Stand-alone
Book 1 out of 3 Books series.
I enjoyed the book, however towards the ending was a little too rushed and it seemed that things were not thought of perfectly, but I definitely enjoyed reading it.
Amanda
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you’re looking for a beachy, summer read, I recommend Between the Waves.

This story pulls you in from page one with the introduction of Audrey. New to the fictional small town of Manalua, she is thousands of miles away from home. From the start, it’s understood she’s running from something. She's hesitant about being too friendly and revealing too much. But! she can’t stay in the house forever and decides it’s best to try and blend in. She heads to the local surf shop to ask about lessons, onl
Tori
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great, fast paced read!

🌟🌟🌟🌟 1/2 Stars!! This story began from the first page and kept you guessing why Audrey is running from her past. She is careful and does not want to let her guard down, but the welcoming of the small community softens her. Jake, Thor as she likes to call him, comes into her life and everything changes. The passion between them ignites instantly and a whirlwind relationship begins. Her past and his family collide for the suspenseful ending.

I enjoyed the characters and st
Dani
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book found me at just the perfect time. I needed something that would help me escape into another world (at least for a few short hours). The characters are so vivid with palpable personalities. The landscape comes alive on the pages to the point where I can smell the sea air and feel the sand beneath my toes. It had romance, lust, intrigue and suspense all wrapped in this fun little package. If you need a brief release from the day to day, this is it!
Cassie Faber
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this story which takes place in Hawaii. The characters are well developed and the story well written. Early on you get a sense that Sara/Audrey has a secret. When she meets buff surfer Jake there's a natural connection between them that just feels right. It's easy to bond with these characters and you quickly fall in love with their romance. It's a nice summer read filled with action, adventure and romance, a must read! Well done Ellie!
Christi Whitson
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Strong heroine with a mysterious past? - check!
Tall, sexy surf god? - check!
Humor, drama, and steamy sex scenes? check, check, CHECK!

This was a quick and amazing read, and I have no doubt I’ll read it again. Once again, Malouff has captured my imagination with her authentic characters and skilled use of setting. I read these a little out of order, but that doesn’t matter. Can’t wait to read the third book in the series!
Carol
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book by this author for me. I enjoyed it. It was well written, had a great storyline and characters. Jake is strong, loyal, taking care of his brother and running the family business. Sara is running, hiding, did she run far enough. Can Jake and Sara overcome their pasts and make their HEA? I recommend this to all. I received it as an arc and voluntarily reviewed it.
Eden Rayna
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tourism Hawaii should use this book in their marketing package, because I was ready to head down there by the end of the second chapter! Between the Waves was a quick, fun and flirty read. I loved the instant rapport between the two main characters, Jake and Audrey. The way they connected over random topics was endearing and seemed so natural for them. I highly recommend this book!
P.E.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, hot, and all the fun!
Surfing in Hawaii provides the perfect backdrop for this fun lovestory that has a surprising thread of suspense. My only complaint was that it left me wanting more!
Coco.V
Nov 30, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (11/30/2019)! 🎁
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

Ellie Malouff's debut, Between the Waves, caught my attention as soon as I read the blurb. A woman who is trying to escape her past and find a new life in Hawaii? Heck yes. Sign me up. This is the kind of escapism I can totally get behind. I loved the setting. It really made me want to hop on a plane to Hawaii. And that's a long flight for someone who doesn't enjoy flying. 😉

Audrey (aka Sara) was a great heroine. I appreciated her strength and d
Grace
The attraction was there for the couple, and I liked both of them. She was "Newbie" and he was "Thor". I do think the love part of this was rushed a bit. When I read a book I want to feel like this couple will make it, they wont ever break up, they can handle what life throws at them and grow old together, and I didn't quite get there with these two. The writing was good but a few things were left out or not developed into a later conversation.

SPOILERS:
She dated the most eligible bachelor from
Mary Dean
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot surfer...check. Strong and independent woman...check. Swoon worthy romance...check. Life threatening action...check. This book has it all! And I loved every minute of this.
Audrey (not her real name) moves to Maui to get away from a crazy ex. She meets Jake and starts taking surf lessons from him. Those surf lessons start out to be more and pretty soon they are in a fun romance. But her stalker is out there and might know where she is, waiting for the opportunity to arise for him to get her.
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨
If you’re looking for a super fun, quick summer read, look no further. Audrey is escaping a situation in Chicago that has her perpetually looking over her shoulder when she meets Jake, ex pro-surfer who agrees to take her on as a student. Inevitably, a relationship develops. It’s an adorable story, set in a gorgeous landscape (Maui). I do wish it were a full length instead of a novella to give the characters a little more time to develop but overall it was great. I’m looking forward to the next ...more
Andrea
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I needed this book. It was light but had substance. It was sexy and sweet. I had a smile on my face for the majority of the book. There were a few hurdles Jake and Audrey had to jump over but it didn't consume the story and it was resolved before I starting chucking my kindle in frustration. Jake was perfection. One of the best book boyfriends I've ever read. The whole counting smiles thing? C'mon! How adorable was that? Gah! I never wanted this book to end. There was serious heat and even more ...more
Jes Bruno
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, arc
Between the Waves was an enjoyable sweet debut novella by Ellie Malouff.

Audrey Logan is new to Manalua and after hiding out for a month she has decided to get out and try something new – surf lessons. Jake Garrant use to-be a Pro Surfer years ago but now he run’s the local surf shop. When these two meet for the first time, it’s instant chemistry. But can you fall for someone if you’re using an alias and hiding your past?

If you’re looking for a quick summer book that has great characters and is
Tanya
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
She left and changed her name to make a new life for herself. She is now bored so she takes surfing lesson. The instructor is fit and not so that helps. He has step in to help his younger brother and gives lessons. She comes along and he finds it hard to keep his mind on the job. What will happen between them? See by reading

Ainsley O'Neil
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Contemporary Romance readers
Perfect Summer book!
I really enjoyed this quick, summer read. Set in beautiful Hawaii, it had all the best beach elements—sun, sand and a hot surfer guy to fall in love with. It’s very well written, has fantastic characters, no slow spots. I finished it in a day because I couldn’t put it down. I loved all the surfer quotes the author put in as well. Well done, Ms. Malouff!
Would recommend to anyone looking for a great little romance to throw in their beach or pool bag.
Gin
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sun, surf and sweet kisses ❤️ A fun and entertaining story with a sweet heat romance. Well written with likable characters that are well developed and interesting. Jake and Sara have instant chemistry and are terrific together. A bit of mystery and intrigue along with the romance makes for a wonderful read.

B C
Aug 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised and excited by the suspense element in this book! It kept me hooked until the end.

The plot was well written and both of the main characters were not only likable but relatable. I also really enjoyed the Hawaiian scenery in this book that tied into the life of surfers.

Well done!

• The Safeguarded Heart (The Safeguarded Heart #1)
  • You Can't Buy Love (Life Lessons, #3)
  • Naive in Love
  • On the Rocks (Becker Brothers, #1)
  • Quickie
  • Kiss Me Like You Missed Me (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • All of Me (The Safeguarded Heart #2)
  • Never Forget (The Safeguarded Heart #3)
  • Collision (Collision #1)
  • IOU
  • Ethan & Juliet (Try Again, #1)
  • Home to You
  • Bad Boys Don't Make Good Boyfriends (Life Lessons #2)
  • Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron (Jane Austen Mysteries, #10)
  • A Good Scot is Hard to Find (Something About a Highlander, #2)
  • Bad for You (Lone Star Lovers, #9)
  • Run Away with Me (Lone Star Lovers, #4)
  • Treacherous Is the Night (Verity Kent, #2)
Hi!

I'm Ellie and I love sharing romantic goodness with friends far and wide. Want to be looped in? Sign up at https://www.elliemalouff.com/newsletter.

P.S...if you sign up you'll also get to see a *very* embarrassing photo of me from middle school.

*The stuffy official bio*
Ellie Malouff has been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember. When she’s not writing, you can find her parked on

Love Overseas (3 books)
  • Be What Love Is (Love Overseas, #2)
  • Pull At My Heart