Start by marking “Faults in Fate: A Vein Chronicles Novella” as Want to Read:
Faults in Fate: A Vein Chronicles Novella

Faults in Fate: A Vein Chronicles Novella

(The Vein Chronicles)

Fate was a fickle mistress.
She gave Sophie immortality, magic, and a great tolerance for whisky.
She also made sure Sophie tasted death, made sure it clung to her bones, sank into her marrow.
She gave Sophie power that came from death and brought death with it.
Her own.
And everyone she knew and loved.
If she didn't learn to control it, that was.
She had been meaning to
Published May 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Faults in Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faults in Fate

Start your review of Faults in Fate: A Vein Chronicles Novella
 Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, cliffhanger
I liked the heroine a lot.. She was a cool, strong ASF woman. My kind of woman.
Who did not bend over for anyone. She was a bit of a bitch to the hero and I loved it, I'm tired of weak pathetic heroine who would do anything for the heroes.
I would have rate it 5 stars it wasn't for this. To some it may not bother them but it did bother me a bit.

(view spoiler)
 B.E.Love
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This review is going to be a little different because you have to read books one and two in this series to follow along and to understand what is happening in this book so I don’t want to write a synopsis in this review and throw anyone off. What I will say is that this book is amazing. I want more, I want to learn more about the characters, more about their story and more of what is to come. This series is so detailed and so much time and depth has been put into creating all of these charters, ...more
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Oh. Em. Gee!! I love Sophie. I love Conall. I love this series. Oh. Em. Gee!!

Sophie was so sassy and delusional and sarcastic and rude and yet she was really endearing. It could be because beneath it all, it was easy to see how huge her heart was. She’s holding this incredible power inside, not sure how to control it, it reeks of death (hers and her friends), and yet she tries so hard to do it on her own because there’s enough going on. You know, the whole apocalypse and everything. She’s been
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
Omg I LOVE Sophie and her wolf! She is such a badass and he is the ultimate alpha hero. I can’t wait to see how this plays out and what is going to happen next in this story!
If you like suspenseful, sexy reads that are so wrong that it’s so right, you’ve got to check out the Vein Chronicles!
Caro Richard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Witch Sophie and a Werewolf?

Yeeeeeeeees.

It's true!

So let me begin...and its a great beginning! The pnr lovers of us know that when a wolf finds his mate that he has to claim her in the biblical sense. Now that's what I needed.

And I got it.

It actually made my undies melt. Death by sex. What a way to go!

Her wolf.....I'm not going to say much apart from hello Mr Strong and Silent! And piccolo guerriero, made me melt more!

And now I want more. I need to know all the details about Sophies wolf!
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Book Basics

Genre : - Paranormal Romance
Series : - Novella in between book 2 and 3
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Would I read more by this author/or in this series? - Yes
Rating - 5++ stars

Review

I love this series. For me it is the
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it m. Thank you Anne Malcom!

This is why I love PNR. Perfectly executed, and flawless. I loved this so hard and it was a novella! That’s because Anne Malcom is a witch with words *wink*. She puts the reader under her spell and keeps them captive for the entirety of the novel.

I love The Vein Chronicles, and this novella about Isla’s bestie, Sophie, was just as fabulous as their senses of style - which is epic by the way.
Paula D
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ohh I love this getting to know Sophie more and her wolf! This series is amazing and I’m so happy the author gave us so witch happiness! Definitely read book 1 and 2 and then this one so everything makes sense! 5/5 stars
Erin Scorpio
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sophie is a kick ass witch, a rebel, who goes against everything. If you tell her not to do something? She'll do it out of spite and do it looking fabulous. She lives her life on her own terms, dresses and acts how she sees fit. She is loyal to her friends and those she calls family. Her best friend is an equally kick ass and stylish vampire warrior Isla. Together they have to fight ancient curses, add in the wolf who is destined to be Sophie's mate. Sophie as normal fights the attraction tooth ...more
Stephanie Osborne
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*This Novella is part of the Vein Chronicles series. Be sure to start with Fatal Harmony & Deathless before reading Faults in Fate.

Typically, PNR is not my thing. But being a huge fan of Anne Malcom, I started the Vein Chronicles series... and quickly became completely enthralled! Isla, Thorne, Sophie & her Wolf... even Scott. Such great characters!! Isla and Sophie are the perfect bff team - Snarky to the core!

In this novella, we get "behind the scenes" detail from both FA &
Megan
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Faults in Fate is part of the Vein Chronicles and goes alongside of Fatal Harmony & Deathless.. and I literally screamed when I saw this gem on my kindle! Because Sophie..I just LOVE her in all her sarcastic & snarky witchy goodness...I love her relationship with Isla and I seriously love her wolf in all his determined, alpha glory Seriously, these two were

Faults in Fate answered a lot of questions that I had from the previous installments of this series and even though my only wish
Sally Ross
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. If you have read the rest of the Vein Chronicles you will adore t this closer look into Sophie and her witchy awesomeness. This is what happens when you put a really snarky witch and a very determined werewolf together. I love Anne Malcolm's writing style and the way she writes her characters. This novella was the perfect peek into Sophie's goings on. This whole series is a must for any PNR fan.
Debbie Eichler
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy that Anne decided to give us some more of Sophie. We definitely needed more of this sassy Witch. She found her match in a sexy Wolf. Sophie is a sexy alpha chick who can put an overly Alpha beast in his place. This novella was a great addition to the Vein Chronicles series.
Mary
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thought it was great. Wish there was more.
Kelly Williams
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing surprise this was!!!! Sophie and her Wolf were hot. I loved this story.

We got so much background and context to past events. Simply amazing. Sophie and Isla make me laugh out loud all the time. They are both great characters with great sense of humors. Wolf is hot, I loved everything about him and I hope we see alot more of him when the next book in the series comes out. Especially with what Sophie see's in the future. I only wish it was longer so we could see how their
Michelle Claypot_Reads
I squealed out loud when I spotted this novella on my IPad. Sophie was one of my favourite characters from the first two books in the Vein Chronicles. She is a powerful witch but I have always wondered if this power comes with a dark price. There's more Sophie than meets the eye.

Then along comes Conall the unexpected but delicious werewolf & this story takes a whole other turn. The turn into combust your Ipad, new panties required, sexy times town!!! Gah these two together, he gives the
Annette Brignac
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wolfy

A bewitchingly wonderful read from read from Anne Malcom! I have been so curious about Sophie since I first read Fatal Harmony... And I became even more curious when she found her wolf in Deathless.

This book answered all of my questions and left me impatiently wanting more!

I have said this before, but the author has taken the paranormal world and made it her own... And she has OWNED it!

I absolutely, highly recommend this book!!!
Jamie
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, paranomal
Love it.

I have been waited no for this book. I loved Sophie's point of view and can't wait for the next book.
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
What a lovely and unexpected surprise this little novella was! I’ve wanted Sophie’s story for a while now and was so thrilled to see this lovely little morsel. Anne Malcom is at the top of her game. I have no idea how she can create such vastly different books but still write some of the best, and most creative, stories I’ve read. Faults in Fate is like a small branch off the Vein Chronicles tree.

Sophie is a trip and I seriously was obsessed with the witch-side of the story. I had so much fun
Heloncha
5 Mía Luna and Piccolo Lupo Stars

Oh, boy, oh, boy.
Did I really love this book. Anything and everything Anne Malcom writes, I love. But, this book was a little special.
I’ve always loved Sophie. It takes a special kind of person to befriend and go toe-to-toe with a person like Isla.

Sophie had it all! I loved her rocker style, sass, and just all around badassery.
This was a wonderful and informative novella for the Vein Chronicles. Gave us tons of information on Sophie’s whereabouts throughout
Christian Sanchez
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let’s just say I wish this Novella was longer. I absolutely love Sophia, I’m pretty sure I even like her more than Isla and she’s pretty bad ass as well. This is book 2.5 of the Vein Chronicles so if you haven’t read book 1 and 2 you should probably get on it.

Book 2 introduced, well mentioned the sexy werewolf that we got to see in this Novella and I really like him as well. I seriously hope we can get more back story on him in the future I mean the ending coming from his POV has me wanting
Keri Loves Books
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fantastic series if you love PNR.

This is Sophie’s story of finding her true love. It runs parallel with the timeline in Deathless. We learn more about Sophie, her powers and the darkness from within that she fights.

Conall has bound her to him. He is her wolf and after one night of animalistic pleasure she has become his forever.

Conall and Sophie are bonded whether she likes it or not. Linked to one another becaused they are fated. The only thing that can separate them is death.

And death
Heather Packer
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Sophie, she’s awesome! This fills in loads of gaps in book three and it all falls into place beautifully with the info in this book.
Sophie is as kick ass as Isla but without the stroppy attitude. That’s not to say that she isn’t going to have a fit if her heels get broken but she’s going to be doing it in style all the same.
What a fantastic combination of lust and disgust, she is not going to be tamed by anything or anyone, not herself or a wolf. It’s a fantastic story, really well
Joann
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I’m sorry but there isn’t going to be any spoilers of any kind because I’m not the type that does that.
So this is all I will say about this book and that is it’s fantastic!
This author Anne Malcom the way that she describes details in her books it really brings you into her worlds.
It totally feels as if you are there right along with the characters, you can smell and feel everything.
Be prepared for a awesome ride is all I can say.
So yes I most definitely recommend this book to anyone who’s
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
This was amazing!! As much as I love Isla I love Sophie so much more and I was so excited to see at least a little glimpse into the life of her and the wolf.

You know all about Isla and what she goes through with her man but to see things happening with Sophie and not get an in-depth look into what she was thinking of what was really going on made me crave more!

I think Anne did an awesome job building up this awesome story and having a novella for Sophie at a perfect time!! I can’t wait to read
Shelly Blevins-Middleton
Paranormal at its finest

Wow is all I can say. Anne Malcom is so talented anything she writes is phenomenal. Writing at its best. I am not a paranormal fan, but I must say I am blown away with Sophia and Conall. Sophia is a witch and Conall a wolf. Conall has found his mate in Sophia....Sophia however has other plans...your going to enjoy the chase in this book...and not to mention the total hotness and sexual surrender of these two...no matter what your reading preferences are.
Stephanie S
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ah Sophie......

I loved this little novella to tell a little of her story. Her and Isla are the perfect BFF's/Sisters. Always have each others backs in good time and bad. They will always tell each other the truth.

Wolf, is surprised when his "mate" is a witch and not another wolf. That didn't matter to him as he was meant to take care of her no matter what the situation. Sophie is use to being on her own and doesn't like Conall butting into her business.

Loved these 2 and would love to see more
Ri
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I cannot get enough of this series. Many of these scenes were from the previous books but told from the perspective of Sophie and her wolf. It was just as amazing reading it as the first time. Especially, as it gave insight to things that had been noticed by Isla. I also enjoyed the new stuff.

So many spinoff a can be made from this series. Especially, one about these two, or Rick and "Helen". I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Heather Emery
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was on the fence about reading this book for several reasons. The main reason after reading book one, which I loved, book two was a huge disappointment and I wasn't sure I wanted to continue. This being said this book saved the series for me. The characters had the perfect about of strength, humor and likability to make the plot wonderful to read.
Stacy
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm so glad that Anne surprised us with this book! Getting to know Sophie & her wolf was amazing. It gives you a better understanding of even Sohpie's & Isla's friendship. Reading this book clears up a lot of questions & gives you background stories. Thank you Anne for another great book. Fan for life!

• If She's Wicked (Wicked Knights #1)
  • Forever Immortal (Vampire Brides)
  • Immortal Hexes (Vampire Mates)
  • Such Violent Delights: A Holiday Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • The Winter Court (The Elite Guards #3)
  • Unbreakable Bond (Fated Mates Duet #1)
  • Roan (The Henchmen MC, #17)
  • Becoming his Monster (Playing with Monsters, #3)
  • Royally Bitten (Blood Alliance #2)
  • The Middle Man (Professionals Book 6)
  • The Babysitter (Professionals, #5)
  • Mallicks: Back to the Beginning  (Mallick Brothers, #5)
  • The Messenger (Professionals #3)
  • O Come, All Ye Sinners
  • Forever Claimed (Vampire Brides)
  • Blackburn
  • For the Love of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3.5)
  • The Fall of V (The Henchmen MC, #13)
Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth, then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males ...more

The Vein Chronicles (4 books)
  • Fatal Harmony (The Vein Chronicles, #1)
  • Deathless (The Vein Chronicles #2)
  • Eternity's Awakening (The Vein Chronicles #3)