Start by marking “Her Final Hour (Detective Gina Harte, #2)” as Want to Read:
Her Final Hour (Detective Gina Harte, #2)

Her Final Hour

(Detective Gina Harte #2)

Anything can happen behind closed doors…

The gripping new novel from the author of bestseller THE NEXT GIRL. Her Final Hour will have you hooked!

But looks can be deceiving.

Something is amiss in that house – all the neighbours thi
Published August 23rd 2018 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Her Final Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Final Hour

Berit☀️✨
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Bold Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the second book in the Gina Hart police procedural series... although I think you would be fine to read it as a standalone... these books are more plot driven then character driven.... although admittedly I am hoping to get to know Gina better in future books... I think her character has tremendous potential for some major character growth.... i’m guessing there are some pretty major secrets we are yet to learn!

So what does a sexual assault in 1993 and a murder in 2018
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
EXCERPT: ...his knees buckled as he saw his wife tied to one of their carver chairs under the light of the cooker hood. A piece of blue cord was looped under her chin and the raw marks around her neck told him exactly what had happened.

ABOUT THIS BOOK: Melissa Sanderson is the perfect wife and mother. She dotes on her daughter, and lives in her dream home in a quiet cul-de-sac in the suburbs.

Something is amiss in that house – all the neighbours think so. Some say Me
Louise Wilson
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Gina Harte #2

A woman was found murdered in her home. She was a wife and mother. She had been tied to a chair and strangled. But all was not as it seemed. Her husband, Daryl, was playing away and Melissa liked a drink. Detective Gina Harte was given the case to investigate.

There is a lot going on in this storyline. Even though, at times, I felt I knew where
Helga
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have found a new great series to follow! A well written, intriguing and fast paced read which would keep you on your toes till the last page!

Ellie is drugged and raped in 1993 in the back seat of a car. Years later, she is still searching for her attacker.

Melissa Sanderson, mother of two year old Mia, is found murdered in her own house in 2018.
Her husband has an airtight alibi. Her lover does not.

As detective Gina Harte and her team start investigating, they find that Melissa’s perfect life ma
Lou
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
'Her Final Hour' is the second book to feature DI Gina Harte, set in the fictional town of Cleevesford. England. Having enjoyed the first book of the series and Gina's inimitable personality, this one was just as compelling.

Melissa Sanderson appears to have the perfect life. So, when she is murdered in her small hometown noone has any idea who would target the young mother. When the team are called in to investigate the killing. they begin to discover things about her that indicate that her whol
Mandy White
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Her Final Hour is book 2 in the Detective Gina Harte series and I am happy to report that it is just as twisty and dark but enjoyable as the first book which I absolutely loved. Gina is a strong, determined and at times extremely stubborn character.... love her... let there be more like her.

Gina returns home from a short break to be called to the scene of a murdered woman... Melissa is found bound to a chair and strangled. From the outside it appears that she had the perfect life but looks can b
Alex ♈
4 - 4.5 stars

Well done. Liked this book a lot!

Absolutely abhorrent villains - a group of misogynists, one of them was a woman. Awful. An illusion of a perfect wife... A murderer... Manipulators...
I wish they killed them all slowly and with extra torture!

Very low on romance. Gina broke up with Briggs, but I'm sure their love story is not over yet.

Well written 'classical' detective story.
Sue
HER FINAL HOUR is the second crime thriller novel in the Detective Gina Harte Series, by author Carla Kovach. Having enjoyed the first book in the series, I move on to book 2. The story is set in Worcestershire England.

The 3 books in the series include:
The Next Girl (Book 1)
Her Final Hour (Book 2)
Her Pretty Bones (Book 3)

Melissa Sanderson has it all; she is the perfect wife and mother and lives in a dream home in the quiet suburbs. Her daughter is everything to her.

S
Michelle
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
DI Gina Harte is back on the case in Carla Kovach's latest book, Her Final Hour. When I opened up this book last night I only intended to read the first chapter. Just to get a feel for the novel; to help me decide which book I was going to read next. But from the first scene I was hooked. Then the novel jumped 25 years and I found myself catapulted into a murder scene. The pacing of the novel was swift. Not for a moment did the suspense let up. DI Harte channeled strength from her past and was a ...more
Kat Dietrich
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it

Her Final Hour by Carla Kovach is the second in the Detective Gina Harte series.

Series Background (Warning – May contain spoilers from previous books):
DI Gina Harte is a good boss, and she has earned the respect of her team, which consists of: DS Jacob Driscoll, DC Harry O’Connor and DC Paula Wyre. She is a stubborn lady, and a determined detective. She has been having an affair with her boss DCI Briggs, and knows it is not one of her better decisions. Thankfully no one knows about it. Of course
Darinda
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
A woman is found murdered in her home. The woman was a wife and mother, and the murder scene doesn't add up with the life the woman appeared to be living. Detective Gina Harte is assigned the case, and soon realizes there is more to the case than originally thought.

Her Final Hour is the second book in the Detective Gina Harte series by Carla Kovach. I have not read the first book in this series, but this one was easily read as a standalone.

This book opens with a prologue of a woman being sexua
michelle
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first in this series The Next Girl, I was so excited to receive a copy of Her Final Hour. I wasn’t disappointed.
After having a well-deserved mini break away and not even unpacked her bags, Detective Gina Harte gets a phone call that there has been a murder. Wife and Mother Melissa Sanderson is found tied to a chair and strangled with blue cord of washing line and with her child Mia screaming uncontrollable upstairs. Melissa had the perfect life. She has a lovely home with husb
M.A. Comley
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book as well as the first book in the series. DI Gina Harte is an awesome character.

I was glued to this book for a few days until I completed it. I have to say the plot was really original and highly plausible.

I don’t want to give too much away, just buy it and read for yourselves. Eagerly awaiting book three in the series.
Janet Newport
Thank you NetGalley and Bookouture for this arc.

I kept feeling a weird sense of deja vu while reading this book. I know it's been a long while since The Stepford Wives (Ira Levin) but.... Maybe that interfered with my enjoyment of the book. The story was okay, but felt unnecessarily long to me with all the digressions into the characters' past hurts and traumas and the endless feeling of their repetitiousness.

I had a tough time connecting to the characters as well. Maybe some of that was due to
Marc Bougharios
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

I flew through this book in a day. It’s weird because I got the digital arc of this novel and I didn’t read the first one in the series so I went in the opposite direction. I don’t think it was a continuation, it just had the same lead, Detective Gina Harte.

One thing that drew me most to the story was its interesting plot. I really love murder stories and I love trying to figure out who the murderer is before the characters do. This one was a bit obvious but we don’t know why. Or you
Pat
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent follow up to the first book. A woman, Melissa Sanderson, is found dead in her home - bound to a chair and strangled. She had an apparently perfect life which turned out to be not so perfect. There are secrets (when are there not). It is DI Gina Harte's first case as SIO and she acquits herself well as the twists get twistier and the plot gets murkier. This is turning into a really good series.
Els
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You only have to be a good woman. Simple, no?

Sometimes a story has to build up to a crescendo. Sometimes it starts in the middle of the action. This book can be categorized in the second group. Straight from the beginning you have to buckle up and there is never a lull. I was so immersed that I had to finish the book in one go.

It was cruel, gripping, fluently written and fast-paced. Everything a thriller needs to be.

I, unfortuntely, did not read the first book, but this one can easily be read a
Elaine Tomasso
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Bookouture for an advance copy of Her Final Hour, the second novel to feature DI Gina Harte, set in the fictional Midlands town of Cleevesford.

When Melissa Sanderson is murdered in her own home Gina and the team are called in to find the young mother's killer, but as they investigate they find that nothing is as it seems and deep secrets lurk beneath the perfect facade. In her first role as Senior Investigating Officer Gina puts her heart and soul into a case
Rachel
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading the first book in the Detective Gina Harte series I couldn't wait to see what would be in store for Gina next. Now don't worry if you haven't got around to reading the first book as I think you would probably be fine starting with this one as Gina's backstory is shown to a point. However you may benefit from getting the full character background if you do start at the beginning. So what did I think...

First of all what you will find in this book is a very dark and twisty tale as Gin
The Cats Mother
The original title of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, a book so good that I named my cat Lisbeth, was “Men Who Hate Women”. Well this could be named “English Men Who Hate Women”. A darker follow up to The Next Girl, you don’t need to have read the first book, although it helps to know the characters, but is a new story set four months later.

DI Gina Harte gets back from a short holiday and is called to the scene of a home invasion, where a woman has been tied to a chair and strangled. Her husban
Caitlyn Lynch
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Her Final Hour is the second in the DI Gina Harte series, but can easily be read as a standalone. I haven’t read the first and had no problems following along.

Readers with triggers should be aware of the following (not unexpected in a murder thriller, but I include the warnings all the same); Rape, sexual abuse, marital abuse, physical abuse of a child, controlling relationship partner, torture, forced drugging, gaslighting, strangulation, burning of remains, Stepford Wife syndrome.

Harte is an i
Mary Thomas
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to Netgalley for my copy.

This is the second in the series of DI Gina Harte. I was worried that the author wouldn't be able to match the first but I am happy to say she surpassed my expectations.

DI Harte returns from her mini vacation to be instantly called to a murder scene. A young mother has been found by her husband bound to a chair and strangled whilst their toddler daughter is crying in her bedroom. As Gina investigates it seems all is not as it appears, the marriage is not made of d
Calista Andrechek
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley, Carla Kovach and BookOuture for the free ebook in exchange for an honest review!

In 1993 a girl was drugged and raped, today she’s looking for justice. Melissa Sanderson lives in her dream home with her husband and young daughter, their lives look perfect. But looks can be deceptive. Something is wrong in the house, some neighbors say she drinks too much and her husband thinks she is having an affair. Then one night, sirens wake up the neighborhood and Melissa is dead. Detect
Shalini
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Second installment in the Detective Gina Harte series had me reading a darker plot. Gina is called in to investigate Melissa's murder in her own kitchen. On examination, Melissa's body shows signs of chronic abuse, so does her daughter.
Carla Kovach has created a darker atmosphere in this book with the theme of abuse. Gina is still struggling to find a middle ground with her daughter and a relationship with her granddaughter
The story had its own unlikable characters especially the husband and hi
Denise
Aug 12, 2018 added it
DI Gina Harte has just returned home to Cleevesford from a short holiday spent with her daughter and granddaughter when she gets called to work. A murder. A 35-year-old wife and mother, Melissa Sanderson, was beaten and strangled to death in her own kitchen. Harte is made Senior Investifating Officer (which thrills her as it will be her first time and a huge step in her career) and she and her team begin to gather and follow the few clues and leads that will soon spiral into quite the case. Ther ...more
Julie Lacey
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic story that will have you on the edge of your seat.
Melissa is brutally murdered but the person the police initially suspect has an alibi. We know he’s not completely innocent due to conversations that take place in the book but Gina can’t find any evidence against him.
Another girl goes missing and Gina is sure it’s linked to the first murder especially after what happened to her.
This killer is a nasty piece of work and when you find out why he did it, it will make your bloo
Marj Ward
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent second book in this series. Gina is thrust into the murder investigation of a woman found tied to a chair and strangled. Gina is finally designated as the SIO (Senior Investigating Officer). Gina is attacked and severely injured. There is no lack of suspects. So many things keep happening, you won't want to put it down. I read this book in 24 hours. Thank you NetGalley, Bookoutre and the Author for allowing me to read and review this book. I hope there is a third book in this series.
Stacey Camp
**4 Goodreads Stars**

"Her secrets were her secrets. They were nibbling through her flesh like worms trying to eat their way out of an apple, but, as far as she was concerned, the apple could rot and take her with it."

Carla Kovach's Her Final Hour is the second installment in the Detective Gina Harte series and is the second book I've read by Kovach. I read the first installment earlier this year and my review can be found here. Beyond being great reads, I absolutely love the cover art for both
Donna Maguire

This is the second book in the DI Gina Harte series and having really enjoyed the first book, I was really keen to get my hands on Her Final Hour!

The story is very well written, it has great pace and really well developed characters. The plot has plenty of twists and it is quite dark in places, but I thought it was a thoroughly enjoyable story.

Four stars from me, I really enjoyed it – highly recommended!
Kristy
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
**Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for a free e-copy of Her Final Hour in exchange for an honest review.**

When Melissa Sanderson, a beautiful wife and mother to a small child, is found brutally murdered inside her home, police begin to realize her seemingly perfect life isn't what it appears. Detective Gina Harte is put in charge of the case. While investigating, she uncovers a number of suspects. Gina knows she's getting close to the truth when she is viciously attacked by a masked man. Th
  • Last Lullaby (Detective Natalie Ward, #2)
  • Dying Breath (Detective Lucy Harwin, #2)
  • The Last Clinic (Darla Cavannah Mysteries, #1)
  • Outside Looking In (DCI Matilda Darke, #2)
  • Shot Through the Heart (D.I. Grace Fisher, #2)
  • Cold Heart (Detective Kate Matthews, #3)
  • Legacy: An Anthology
  • Seized (The Profiler #3)
  • Bad Moon (Kat Campbell #2)
  • Dead Memories (D.I. Kim Stone, #10)
  • When Evil Calls Your Name (Dr David Galbraith, #2)
  • Hangtown (Janelle Watkins, Private Investigator, #2)
  • Cause of Death (Det. Annie Avants, #1)
  • The Yankee Club (A Jake and Laura Mystery, #1)
  • Blood Runs Cold (Detective Anna Gwynne, #2)
  • The Death Collector (Joe & Sam Parker #2)
  • Wedding Belles
  • River of Souls (Alice Quentin, #4)
Carla Kovach was born in Birmingham, UK and now resides in Redditch, Worcestershire. Author of supernatural drama 'Flame,' psychological thriller 'To Let,' crime thriller 'Whispers Beneath the Pines, and romantic comedy 'Meet Me at Marmaris Castle.' Carla also writes stage and screen plays, some of which have been produced in the Worcestershire area.

Her new novel 'The Next Girl,' is available for

Detective Gina Harte (3 books)
  • The Next Girl (Detective Gina Harte, #1)
  • Her Pretty Bones (Detective Gina Harte, #3)