Start by marking “Bully Brother: A true story of brotherly heartache and love” as Want to Read:
Bully Brother: A true story of brotherly heartache and love

Bully Brother: A true story of brotherly heartache and love

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Against the backdrop of 70's culture, music, and fashion, young Craig navigates growing up as the middle child in a family of seven, trying to find his place among his siblings, an overworked, irritable father, and his Italian mother who thrived on "food is love." While both tender and humorous experiences filled Craig's childhood, he was relentlessly bullied by his older ...more
Published May 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Bully Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bully Brother

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Bully Brother: A true story of brotherly heartache and love
Diane
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
What drew me to Craig Dial's memoir Bully Brother is that Craig is one of five children who grew up in the 1960s and '70s, like my husband and I both did.

The book opens with a disturbing scene where eight-year-old Craig's older brother David has him pinned to the ground and is tormenting him. Craig screams for help, but no one comes. David torments Craig physically and emotionally, and Craig is fearful of him. Brothers tease each other and fight with each other, but this is something more
Amy Buckle / Amy's Bookshelf
Bully Brother is a non-fiction book written about the life of the author, Craig M. Dial, growing up in the 70s and the things he experienced as a kid and his relationship with his family. Although the narrative focuses on Craig, his brother David is often the subject of the narration because Craig’s desire to show how cruel he was, was important to the narrative. However, by the end, this book is more about the way we choose to love people who hurt us because we love them, and I liked how that ...more
Frank Frisson
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bully Brother: A True Story of Brotherly Love and Heartache is a true story based on the life of author Craig M. Dial between the ages of eight and sixteen. I was surely intrigued to review this book because the 1970s was always a time that interested me. The pop culture back then must've been one hell of time to have grown up in. Being bullied is something that every one of us book geeks can relate to, so this book landing on my lap must be a boon from above.

The author's story begins in 1970.
Beccaboo
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
read my full review at www.beckbecksbooks.com

I received this book for free from the author, Craig M Dial, in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Thank you to the author for the opportunity.

I had been meaning to read Bully Brother for quite a while. The author sent me a copy a long time ago. I misplaced it and he was kind enough to send me another copy. I’m glad he did.

I always make this disclaimer, but as with any memoir or
Rebecca
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Bully Brother is a great read and a wonderfully descriptive text, you can see a clear picture of everything that is happening. The author has even set the scene with songs you can listen to while reading the book. I found this feature to be very interesting and unlike other books I have read. I really enjoyed this story and recommend it to you. My thanks to the author for a copy of this book in return for my review.
Heidi Lynn’s BookReviews
Dec 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
First, I want to thank Craig M. Dial for providing me with this book so I may bring you this review.

I have had the privilege this year to read some amazing memoirs that will stay with me after I have finished reading them. Bully Brother by Craig M. Dial is a true story of brotherly heartache and love is definitely one to be added to that list.

This is a true story that is about Craig’s life between the ages of eight and sixteen beginning in 1970. Unlike any other authors I have read for he
Claudia Bechtol
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Craig Dial's memoir of early 70's Marin County was to me, at first a Why is this important? It's a memoir and it's only a kid. I don't like waxing nostalgic about what alot of us feel are the good ol' days and that bygone times were so much more real and important and better, etc etc. And Craig's older brother was pretty darned mean and yes, I have an older brother who was a real jerk at times, but not as bad as Craig's brother, David.
Of course our older brothers had to be cool and dress right
Sarah Carter
Dec 08, 2018 rated it liked it
“If David could have just been nice to me, then life would have been perfect!”

Craig grows up right in the middle of a family with five children and is constantly tormented by his older brother, David. It’s not just the typical sibling rivalry, but bullying that involves violence, trickery, control and spit. His parents take a laid-back approach to sibling relationships, so David gets away with all his tormenting to all his siblings. It’s only after a tragedy that the siblings find peace.

Bully
Lauren Jones
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
right past us.

For those who have siblings, you can definitely relate to the whole whirlwind of concepts that come when you mention “brotherly love”. Dial has a truly heartfelt and pragmatic sense of self when discussing the bouts of brotherhood, especially with being a middle child. What makes this story worthy to stand out among the crowd of all other familial biographies, you ask? This one certainly has some serious emotional angst, but the strength that this author has to publish this work of
Craig M.
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Craig
Deborah A Eye
Jun 21, 2019
Laurel Elkus
Sep 07, 2019

• The Coven Murders (The Inspector Sheehan Mysteries Book 3)
  • The Doom Murders (Inspector Sheehan Mysteries #1)
  • Why She Lied
  • The Burgas Affair
  • Worse than Dead (Inspector Drake #2)
  • Superhero Syndrome (Solstice Survivors, #1)
  • True Grandeur
  • Brass in Pocket (Inspector Drake #1)
  • Traveller - Inceptio
  • A Bloody Good Cruise
  • The Kiss Off
  • Silken Scales (The Chameleon Effect #1)
  • The Elephant in the Room: One Fat Man's Quest to Get Smaller in a Growing America
  • The Smallest Thing