Start by marking “The Distiller's Darling (River Hill #2)” as Want to Read:
The Distiller's Darling (River Hill #2)

The Distiller's Darling

(River Hill #2)

River Hill is an unlikely place to launch a whiskey empire, but Irishman Iain Brennan’s just reckless enough to make it work. And finding out the dark-haired artist he spent one glorious night with lives across town is an added bonus. Since he’s never said no to mixing business with pleasure, hiring her to design his labels is the best decision he’s made in ages—especially ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 21st 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Distiller's Darling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Distiller's Darling

Start your review of The Distiller's Darling (River Hill #2)
Zoe
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Adorable, romantic, and fun!

The Distiller's Darling is a passionate, lighthearted tale that takes us back to River Hill and into the lives of the spirited, artistic Naomi who may have finally discovered that one person who inspires her to feel and create, and Iain, the determined, sexy Irishman who may have found himself not only a new career but a new home.

The prose is steamy and witty. The characters are charming, independent, and loyal. And the story is an uplifting tale about life, love, fam
Suey_Library
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
***Received an Advanced Readers Copy during a blog tour hosted by InkSlingerPR in exchange for an honest review***

Oh my lanta, I love any kind of Irishman with some tasty whiskey in my romances.... ah, activate the beaver drool on that cover too! I just, ah I love it. Honestly for just the synopsis and the backbone of the characters it is something worth mentioning; I have no problem with having covers with zero significance to the plot on books but when they do and they look like this, queue th
Coco.V
Jul 01, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/1/2020)! 🎁
Luisa Rivas
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining! Iain and Naomi are the most commitment-phobic characters I’ve ever read about. They’ve made a career of evading marriage. Naomi gets her attitude from her parents who are constantly pushing her to find a nice Jewish guy, from their social circle, to get married and have babies. She sees her mother and her sister-in-law as Stepford wives who only live to assist their husbands in the development of their careers, with no personal motivations for their own growth. So, she has reb ...more
Em__Jay
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Firstly, let’s appreciate that cover. I am typically not one to mention them but there is something about those autumn colours and our couple that makes me feel warm inside.

I really enjoyed The Distiller’s Darling. As part of the series set in small-town River Hill, a place that appreciates good food and drink, the book does a great job of highlighting various foods and of course, drink; in this case whiskey.

I liked both Iain and Naomi. They are accomplished people and grown adults. Yet both ar
Isha Coleman
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Norinne and Brinkley are a powerhouse duo. From wine country to whiskey royalty, The Distiller's Darling packs an enduring blend of flavors. Wine and whiskey may not mix, but Iain and Naomi are the perfect combination of sultry and sweet. She brings out his naughty side and he awakens her emotional side. She's always been passionate about her art, her hopes and her dreams, but she has never believe in love. Amidst the secrets and well meaning, yet overbearing parents, these two manage to find so ...more
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh I needed Naomi's story SOOOOOO bad!!! After meeting her in Noah's story, I knew I needed to know more about her. And oh did I love her! She's confident and knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. Which throws off her super societal family when she's an artist who is fine living out of San Francisco but close enough that she can still drive back.

And the Brennan's! Oh how I need to read Maeve's story! With the appearance of their mom and dad, I know that Maeve and Iain both are f
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Take a hot as sin Irishman.....land him in the USA.....through in a business he is trying to get started and then give him the complication of a woman.....

Iain is said Irishman.....Naomi is the complicated woman....putting these two together and you get a wild ride!!!!

The Distiller’s Darling was a good mix of two authors and storyline.

Reviewed by: Dana D.
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5 STARS

This was my first read from either of these authors and I have to say I liked it. It was an easy read with engaging characters.

While I liked most of the characters, I have to admit, I was not a fan of our MC, Naomi. I get that she was a commitment-phobe, but she really acted crappy to Iain on several occasions and did some questionable things because she didn't want him or anyone else to think they were in a relationship. Iain was another story all together. I really liked him. Yes, he
Kelly
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favs, books-2-blog
An extremely well-crafted story that's a fast, fun and flirty read

Book 2 of the River Hill series, this is my first book by either of these authors. Though the couple from the first book appears quite a bit as secondary characters here, I never felt I was missing out on anything by reading this book first.

All the characters here are very well done, starting with Naomi and Iain. I enjoyed their funny (and sometimes dirty) banter and found their individual careers and backgrounds intriguing. Nei
Beth  Diaz
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Who can totally relate to the relationship these people have with their families...try almost everyone. Starting there Corine and Jamaila had me from the get-go. Except for the obscene amount of money the families have I would say the story of my life. I say you go girl on doing everything for yourself and by yourself. Just a little thing you kind of took it a little bit too far, you can lose that man after all those delicious nights you spend with him.

I love Iain's character because he i
Patty
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the River Hill series and I loved it.  Picking up where the first book left off,  Noah chasing Angelica around trying to get her to marry him.  Naomi's story comes into play.  Naomi wants to be just Naomi.  With her parents and Noah's parents still trying to push them together, you would think things would be strained.  But Angelica and Naomi get along great.  The only ones not accepting this is Naomi's family.

At an event Naomi meets the sexy Irish whiskey maker Ian.
Lara
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
*I received an ARC for a honest review*
3.5 Stars
Though I didn't love The Distiller's Darling as much as The Vintner's Vixen, I did really enjoy it. Naomi first appeared in 'Vintner's' and was a really likable character. It was nice getting to know her better and in turn get to spend more time with Noah and Angelica from 'Vintner's'. There were times Naomi rubbed me the wrong way a bit. Her commitment phobia could be a little exhausting when all you want is for her and Iain to wind up together. L
Barbara
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is Book 2 in the River Hill Series and another slam dunk for the author duet. The book can be read as a standalone but for the back story I highly suggest reading Vintner’s Vixen first for the backstory to all the characters involved. The authors have done an awesome job in gifting us a book/series that is full of fun, laughter, romance and everyday family situations.

Distiller’s Darling is Iain and Naomi’s story. These two are both strong willed, independent people that are trying to make
Vivian
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you like whiskey, you have to read The Distiller's Darling by Rebecca Norinne and Jamaila Brinkley. Even if you don't like whiskey you have to read this second installment in the River Hill Series, and it will make you wish you were a whiskey drinker. The Distiller's Darling is the perfect book for people looking to read about two commitment phoebes with complicated family dynamics finding each other.

This was a charming and sweet story that will make you fall in love with the characters, the
Kristen Johnson
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Distiller's Darling is book two in the series and it continues the homey feel of book one and River Hill. This book brings us the story of Naomi, Noah's good friend, and Iain - a man determined to make his own claim to fame with a new Whiskey. Neither are looking for love - so it's not all that surprising it smacks them in the face - so to speak.

Naomi's antics where her family - especially her mother are concerned made her super relatable to me, which in turn made me curious to get to know
Tina
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy HOTNESS!! This book really kicked off with a banger, and I mean that literally. I thought my tablet was going to go up in flames. There is definitely no lack of heat in this book, proving that this author duo is is quickly becoming a powerful force to be reckoned with!

Take two independent, stubborn, sexy as sin people together and you're asking for combustion. Neither are big on the commitment idea, Naomi even more so. Damn she us one stubborn woman. Lol. Iain is definitely dominate and se
Ann
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Although I liked the story and Iain....Naomi was an over the top commitment phobe. Not sure how she ever became endearing enough for Iain to want her for the long haul. She kept her distance in all of her relationships, not just the romantic one's. I just never warmed up to her character. And I wanted Iain to have an explanation from Naomi why she never introduced him to the restaurateur that would have helped his business. Blah! Too many reasons to dislike her.

But glad that's over,
Gudai
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am amazed by the book. I didn’t expect what I got. Romances are always associated with sweet love stories, only one rough patch and a happy ending. ‘The Distiller’s Darling’ is something different.

Iain and Naomi are both adults who behave like ones. They don’t escape from the problems, even if they are overwhelming. Their way of resolving misunderstanding is having a talk. A TALK. I was surprised as most of romance novels contain characters that are immature and whiny. I also liked all of the
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I truly enjoyed this awesome story. I must admit, I'm new to both authors, but that didn't deter me from falling in love with this book. The Distiller's Darling is book 2 of the River Hill Series. I did not read book one. This book can be read as a standalone but I felt like there were parts of the story I was missing at time. Don't let that keep you from reading though!

Naomi and Iain were an amazing couple. The chemistry between them was hot! N
Brianne
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've always been a fan of Rebecca Norinne, so I was interested to read this collaboration with Jamaila Brinkley. The book itself is very different than Rebecca's other books, but a great story. Iain Brennan is trying to get out from his father's thumb, and break out of the mould of generations before him. When he meets Naomi, they have very hot chemistry, but also a lot in common. Naomi's family doesn't want to recognize her talent as an artist, they want her to follow in her family's footsteps. ...more
J.L.
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2019
I felt a bit guilty enjoying a glass of port while reading this book, but I have a feeling that I'd have loved it no matter the beverage. Iain and Naomi have almost nothing in common on the surface, but that's probably what makes them such an awesome couple. I loved experiencing their journey with them.

While I enjoy historical romance, there's something to be said for a modern woman who knows what she wants. Naomi is probably my new favorite heroine.

The subplot involving Iain's new whiskey brand
Ellen
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another great installment in this series. I liked it even better than the first book and was hooked through the whole book. Iain and Naomi are so great together. Iain I loved from the very first page. Naomi took a little more to warm up to but by the end I was a huge fan. I love how the authors give you enough detail to have the background and emotional context you need without unnecessary filler. Great book!
Kari Hansen
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naomi is an accomplished sculptor who wants to make her own way separate from her wealthy parents who only want her to marry well.

Ian works for the family business, but he is constantly butting heads for his domineering father who won’t listen to any ideas to modernize the company.

They meet at an event and neither is looking for a commitment or anything serious, so they think that the night they spend together will satisfy the attraction between them and they will move on, but fate has other pl
Melinda
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
We have one person who is trying to be something he doesn't want to be and a woman who is fighting tooth and nail to not be like someone. The next one in the River Hill series by Rebecca Norinne is filled with much comedy, confusion, friendship and a woman seeing that maybe committment is not so bad. Naomi and Iain are great for each other yet afraid to be impulsive and just be themselves. The attraction is there and the sex hot in a way that it seems almost normal for them. Cannot wait to see w ...more
Dana
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it

The Distiller’s Darling was a good mix of two authors and storyline.
Kimhe Rockchicks
An Irishmen and a Vineyard makes for a heartwarming story with lovable characters all round. I have a fascination with stories that are set around Vineyards and this one fascinated me.

Iain and Naomi are both strong, independent people but both charming. They have family issues between them. There is a heated scene between Naomi's mother and Iain's father and this is fun and entertaining.

A lovable feel good romance.
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Naomi comes from a family with lots of expectations. Then again so does Iain

But when their fling starts to turn more serious can they make it through?

I loved the first book in the River Hill series and this one did not let me down.
Shauna
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very Enjoyable
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I come from a loud Irish family and I could imagine this being my family. Iain and Naomi will capture your heart. I can't wait to go back and read book #1 in this series. This writing duo gives you a book that will leave you unable to put it down.

• Anything for Love (The Bradens & Montgomerys [Pleasant Hill - Oak Falls], #2)
  • Ruckus (SEAL Team Alpha #1)
  • Blindsided
  • Get Kissed List (Last First Kiss #1)
  • Sexy Filthy Boss (White Collar Brothers #1)
  • Maddox (Vested Interest, #3)
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • His Bride for the Taking
  • A Blueprint for Hope (Harmony Ridge Romance #1)
  • Rough Sketch
  • Limits
  • Elijah's Hope (Alaska Dating Games, #1)
  • No Time for Romance (No Brides Club #8)
  • No Time for Trouble (No Brides Club #11)
  • Beg, Borrow or Steal
  • Enchanted (The Accidental Billionaires #4)
  • Banished & Welcomed: The Laird's Reckless Wife (Love's Second Chance: Highland Tales #3)
  • Return to Love
USA Today bestselling author Rebecca Norinne writes sexy romance from the heart. When not banging away at the keyboard, she is watching rugby, playing board games, or drinking a pint of craft beer.

Originally from California, she now resides in New England with her husband and two cats where she is renovating a house built in the 1700s and trying valiantly not to be eaten alive by mosquitos.

For mo

River Hill (3 books)
  • The Vintner's Vixen (River Hill #1)
  • The Baker's Beauty (River Hill, #3)