Start by marking “Prowl (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prowl (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries, #1)

Prowl

(Jacqui the Cat Mysteries #1)

Jacqui Corleone is a fashion designer, a yoga-instructor and a concerned citizen who selflessly helps the police solve crimes. Oh, and he occasionally turns into a small wild cat. Probably due to a wizard's curse or an evil government plot to create super warriors.
Or, he's a cat cursed to turn into a human and only the bite of a sexy alpha lion will allow him to remain in
Kindle Edition
Published May 29th 2018 by ShadowSpinners Press

To ask other readers questions about Prowl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prowl

Start your review of Prowl (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries, #1)
Ami

URGH, I hated it when a story ended with the word "To be continued". Especially when this one is very short; which made me think of serials, and well, I hate serials. So yeah, Jacqui talking to his Cat is someone cute, and I couldn't help wondering how Wyatt would deal with Jacqui's cat-self considering in their first meeting, Jacqui (as a cat) sort of sheds Wyatt's blood...

... but because this seems to be ONLY the beginning, they're not even going on date yet, and the thought that this
Amy
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rep: 3 gay characters (two of which are main characters) and Genderqueer side character.

Main character who wears and designs gender-neutral clothing, mystery, hint of romance and a sassy cat shifter. I loved this one!
Simon
Apr 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
(Review for all three.)

This is an odd series, but I really liked them. Jacqui, his acquaintances (becoming friends), the unfolding mystery of Jacqui himself, his and Wyatt's back-and-forth, his own back-and-forth between his human self and Cat. His bravado, vulnerability, and hidden sweetness. Hoping this series continues past #3... there's still a mystery to figure out...
ChaosMoondrawn
Jacqui is a fashion designer and his neighbor, Wyatt is the new deputy sherrif. We get right away, that Jacqui can shift into a cat, in case the title and cover don't clue you in. I admit to being a fan of this authors Master and Mages series, so I already knew I liked her writing style. The flashes of Cat we get from Jacqui's head as he debates himself are fun. Our first glimpse of Wyatt is not as favorable. Jacqui's best friend Zee is a great match and foil for him. The mystery in this short s ...more
Tam
I liked this okay, but what marked it down for me is that it is like a first chapter in a longer story. He doesn't even get together with the love interest in this book. They just kind of meet and start spending a bit of time together. Jacqui is a cat-shifter who doesn't understand why he is. He has no family and thinks he might be the only person in the world but he also knows that someone tried to kill him so he's hiding in a small town on an island in Washington and works as a clothing design ...more
Angelique
Oct 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Oh my serious stylish hat. I looved it. Short, sweet, and adorably endearing.

Jacqui is an incredibly adorable character. Very flawed and very full of himself – but so self aware and closed up tight. I loved his relationship with his alter Cat. They are such different character’s yet still the same person.

Wyatt is a very interesting character – in our first book we haven’t really gotten to know him that well – other than learning he really hates Cat’s guts.

I fast paced, short mystery that doesn’t
Violet  Marshall
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book in The Jacqui the Cat Mysteries Series. An interesting book the writing was good. It is a short book with a plot that was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters charming. Jacqui’s personality is a bit spastic and can make it a bit confusing on what is reality and what is fantasy. The characters were developed and thought out. Jacqui Corleone is a fashion designer, a yoga-instructor and Wyatt West is a deputy sheriff and they ar ...more
Shymsal
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.75 rounding up. I liked this more than I usually like short light fiction. Jacqui was fun and flamboyant. His love interest, Wyatt the deputy, was testy but charming -- though, I have to give him a break. Their first meeting would likely have upset me, too! Although perhaps not as much because I adore cats. Cat was... what you'd expect of a cat.

All of this plus the fact that this is a slow burning relationship (for today's romance fiction) I appreciated enough to go straight to Amazon and buy
Sarita Chapdelaine
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a quick and fun read that does end in a cliff hanger. Jacqui is a hilarious cat shifter and I love the conversations/arguments he has with his inner cat. He is a fashion designer and a yoga instructor that moved to the small town of Friday Harbor. His curiosity gets the better of him and he decides to investigate a mysterious disappearance in his cat form. His new neighbor is Wyatt and their first meeting does not go well. This is way more mystery than romance but I have hope that there ...more
Krystyna
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Curiosity killed the cat - well almost!

A delightful read about a gay cat shifter who is a clothes designer as a human. When people start saying that three blue pots of geraniums have gone missing his curiosity is aroused, especially as it the hunky gay police officer that he has overheard. Has the owner taken them with her? Or perhaps she has given them away? Trying to get on the good side of his crush he starts investigating. Will he find out the truth and will the truth be even more macabre th
Lada
Jun 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Man, the title and the blurb were terribly misleading! I thought it's going to be a snarky cat shifter + romcom + cozy mystery, but what I got was 90% babbling nonsense (lusty thoughts included) + 10% mystery that was written like how those questionable, so-called reporters wrote their online news articles.

PS: Jacqui can judge and ridicule Wyatt's fashion sense all the time, but Wyatt is not allowed to judge Jacqui's "fashion sense" at all. ٩(๑`^´๑)۶
Terri
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved Jacqui! His conversations with his inner cat were great, and I just thought he was wonderful. I'm definitely going to read the rest of the series, to see what other trouble Jacqui can get into, and also to see how long he and Wyatt can resist each other. Great story! ...more
Nightshadephoenix
Aug 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sweet

The protagonist was super amusing and the story was rather fun (and mysterious). We got to see a little development into the friendship of the two, but no real romantic relationship.
Cynthia Charron
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
I want Cat

4 stars ! Because its too short 😉
Alexis Duran is a ☆new to me☆ author and I am glad I took the chance and read that story😍. If you like cats and a original persona, you will be in love with Jacqui, the hidden mystery of friday harbor and Wild Wild West 😍😎 !
Shirley Morgan
Sep 29, 2018
Fallon Brown
Jul 01, 2018
StarLight
rated it did not like it
Nov 07, 2020
Jun 02, 2018
Jason Barnes
Sep 01, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »

• Captive Mate (Mismatched Mates #2)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • The Alpha's Warlock (Mismatched Mates #1)
  • Origin (Scales 'N' Spells, #1)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Wolf Lost (The Wolves of Kismet #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Happy Endings (Demon Magic #1)
  • Wolf Found (The Wolves of Kismet, #2)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
  • Feline the Love (River’s Edge Shifters #2)
  • How to Steal a Thief (Unholy Trifecta, #2)
  • Treasured
  • All Kidding Aside (Magical Mates #1)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Press (White House Men #1)
  • Breath (Scales 'N' Spells #2)
See top shelves…

Jacqui the Cat Mysteries (4 books)
  • Pounce (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries #2)
  • Roam (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries #3)
  • Wild (Jacqui the Cat Mysteries #4)