Start by marking “The Case of the Missing Treasure (Murder Most Unladylike, #6.5)” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Missing Treasure (Murder Most Unladylike, #6.5)

The Case of the Missing Treasure

(Murder Most Unladylike #6.5)

A mini-mystery from the world of Murder Most Unladylike, starring detectives Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong.

I, the Honourable Daisy Wells, have decided to give an account of another mystery the Detective Society has faced in recent weeks. It was very exciting, and very heroic, and I was very brilliant and brave . . .

A daring thief has been robbing London’s most famous museums.
Published July 5th 2018 by Puffin

Start your review of The Case of the Missing Treasure (Murder Most Unladylike, #6.5)
Mehsi
The girls are back again and they have a new mystery to solve, this time involving mummies, treasures, and more!

This one is a short one, 96 pages + some extras. I was at first very worried that this would just be an UK store exclusive, but then came the happy news this one would also be released to everyone. Imagine my delight and how hard I squealed. I would be able to read this book! Yay!

This time our POV is Daisy. She isn't always a favourite of mine, mostly to do with her attitude and how sh
Caroline
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Charming short story to tide us over until the 7th book arrives later in the year.
Emma Rose Ribbons
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
That was awesome! A lovely novella with all the ingredients of a great Wells and Wong mystery - interesting puzzles, the Pinkerton boys making an appearance and a dash of what's fun about London. A beautiful treat, I gobbled it up in a matter of minutes. ...more
Anya Mills
It was a very good mystery to solve, a very good book!!!
Abigail
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read this hundreds of times before but my re-read of this series but it wouldn't be the same without reading this. It was a little boring to read as I knew almost every sentence but was amazing anyway!
Stay safe everyone!!!
Kirsty
enjoyed this addition to the series
Kirsty
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fun short read. This mystery is set in between books six and seven it is a short story told from Daisy's POV. In this short story, we see the characters joining up with George and Alexander to solve the mystery of a series of robberies that have occurred at a number of museums.

I liked being back in this world and with these characters. I think that this series is a lot of fun. This is a short story so it doesn't have the same detail or tension as a full-length novel. The mystery was
Tammie
Jun 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Read- June 2020 for the MakeYourMythTaker Readathon (Assassin- quick read) and the Kpop Readathon (Shinee-Undercover- Read a mystery or a thriller)
- Objectively is this a 5 star read? Probably not. Am I going to rate it 5 stars though? 100%
Even if it wasn't a 5 star read it would still be a 4 star read though so I don't feel too bad about it, besides I prefer to rate based on my own enjoyment of a book.
R J Aspden
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this author. The books are fun, and I romped through this in an hour.
Femke
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gelezen-2020
Such a fun story, even though it felt too short, it didn't feel rushed. Great addition to the series! ...more
hidden.reader
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read it so quickly and I was hooked with the story:)
Catherine  Pinkett
Dec 29, 2020 rated it liked it
A lovely short mystery that is fun for children. Even as a child I would have found Hazel infuriating. She is such an arrogant character that I don't find very endearing. I enjoyed this because it was short ...more
Aimee Bratt
Jul 08, 2018 rated it liked it
A bit of good fun, perfect for a lunch break! But I prefer the longer stories as there’s more to get your teeth into.
Andrew
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Taken from The Pewter Wolf

For the past few months, I’ve been itching to get back into the Murder Most Unladylike series. I have no real reason why - I read Arsenic For Tea - the second book in the series - back in 2015 and I read a Mini-Mystery, The Case of the Blue Violet, in 2016. And I always said that these were fun and I wanted to go back.

But for one excuse or another, I never did return and, when I tried, I couldn’t find my “in”. I tried with the fourth book in the series - Jolly F
Emily Yolland
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
loved catching up with Daisy and Hazel and I now cannot wait until the new book in October! think a trip to the British museum is in order now too - feeling inspired!
Hannah
Jul 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

The Case of the Missing Treasure is a mini-mystery, narrated by Daisy about the Detective Society and the Junior Pinkertons solving the mystery of a series of break-ins in London Museums. It was nice to see both societies working together, as previously, they have been up against one another (Detective Society is still the best though!).

There was something about the narrative style that made this book funny to read. Such as when Daisy thinks about her and Hazel’s future Detective So
Adrianne Rutherford
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Everytime I pick up a Robin Stevens novel, I smile. Whether its from the opening first line, an exciting ramped up tension bit or I’m just in awe of the genius that is Hazel and Daisy, I know I’m in for a treat. With The Case Of The Missing Treasure, it was exactly the same and I couldn’t wait to dive back into the world of Wells and Wong before Death in the Spotlight is out.
Given that this short story involves the British museum and my all time favourite historical period the Ancient Egyptians,
Panda Incognito
There isn't a single US library listed in World Cat that owns a copy of this book, but I got a copy from Thriftbooks and gleefully looked forward to reading it. Even though it is very small and short, this novella is delightful, and it wasn't a problem at all that I haven't had the opportunity yet to read the book that precedes it, since Robin Stevens never spoils her stories retrospectively. This was so good, and I'm glad that I got to curl up and enjoy the inventive and surprising mystery stor ...more
Eve beinguniquebooks
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this mini mystery we join Hazel and Daisy as she tells us the story of her birthday and the treasure hunt she had set for her by her Uncle Felix and Aunt Lucy as they join up with the Pinkertons again and work together to solve the mystery which coincides with a real crime being solved thanks to them.

As a lover of museum's I really enjoyed this mystery as artefacts were going missing due to theft. The girls and boys detective and intellectual skills were as sharp as ever and are still acting
Viv
Jan 02, 2021 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-for-lola
This was the first book I had read by Robin Stevens. I read this book as looking for detective stories for my 9 year old grand daughter. It is well written and I liked the characters though some parts are a little too unbelievable. I also felt it is a shame that it is set in a world, both time and experience wise, far removed from modern girls lives. I would suggest that this series suits reading in the order it was written rather than dipping into it as I did, there is a lot of reference to pas ...more
N.L. McFarlane
Mar 28, 2021 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy these little 'Murder Most Unladylike' mysteries, they're easygoing, fun and still full of twists and turns. This read isn't a full size book, it is more of a novella but it is a very enjoyable little afternoon tea sort of read. The mystery was fun and simple yet not simple enough that you can guess it straight away, and the characters are very relatable and entertaining. This story is great for any age even though its aimed at a younger audience and I read this outside of the seri ...more
Sadie Slater
Jul 07, 2019 rated it liked it
The Case of the Missing Treasure is a novella- or short story-length instalment of the Wells and Wong series which I had thought came after Death in the Spotlight but which it became clear from references in Death in the Spotlight actually comes first. It's fun but very slight; I found that I missed Hazel's thoughtful voice (like the other short stories in the series, this is narrated by one of the other characters, in this case Daisy), and it also felt rather as though it was aimed at a slightl ...more
Sian
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
A lovely short and easy little read that takes the Detective Society and the Junior Pinkertons to investigate in the British Museum! When precious artefacts begin to go missing all over London, the British Museum is suspected to be the next target. Will Daisy, Hazel, Alexander and George catch the thief before they strike again?
sophia
Jun 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Quite impressive for such a small book, but I don’t think it entirely lived up to my expectations after reading all of Robin Steven’s other incredible books. The plot wasn’t very exciting and the ending was quite predictable. I enjoyed it a little, but wouldn’t be impressed if that was the first book I’d read by Robin Stevens. 😕
Auro Books
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How cute is this little story?

I wasn't sure about this series and before I start reading it I wanted to have a look and check if it was of my liking.

That's the reason why I chose this mini mystery book and what a good choice!

I found Daisy (The main character) a I-know-all kind of girl which can be a bit annoying but she also could accept when the rest of the gang discovered something and I liked that.

I found the short mystery very amusing, entertaining and I wasn't able to crack it before they
Audrey
Dec 30, 2019 added it
Hazel is getting more and more confident and I really hope Daisy will be less of a butt soon!

I love the "Aren't the British government ever ashamed of how much they steal" narrative, because sometimes museums feel so weird.

How the group stumbled upon the real mystery was fun.

Also "...but I have discovered that when I look at boys I cannot see what Hazel does." 👀
Laura Atkinson
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was SUPER! Another spectacular murder most unladylike ( mini) book . It was a bit easier to solve ( I actually solved it) . It didn’t introduce the characters and you just hat to think of someone who could have done it ( a guard for example) . I actually thought that was clever because it was more realistic. Great book 📖.
Nicola
Dec 22, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children
We got about halfway before Miss 6 decided that the characters were boring and decided to swap books.

Miss 6 and I like to explore different books and authors at the library, sometimes around particular topics or themes. We try to get different ones out every week or so; it's fun for both of us to have the variety and to look at a mix of new & favourite authors.
Verity W
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun mini-mystery from the Wells and Wong series. Daisy and Hazel are in London after their return from Hong Kong and during a treasure hunt manage to get tangled up in something more serious. Daisy's writing this one - and her uncle Felix is back with his new wife. So much fun. ...more
Lindsay
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Saw this at the till in Waterstones when I was buying something else and saved it for a rainy day. And today was just that rainy day! You can't beat a cosy mystery on a rainy Sunday afternoon, and Hazel and Daisy never disappoint! ...more

• The Case of the Drowned Pearl (Murder Most Unladylike #8.5)
  • Peril in Paris (Taylor & Rose Secret Agents, #1)
  • Mystery & Mayhem: Twelve Deliciously Intriguing Mysteries
  • The Last Secret (Scarlet and Ivy, #6)
  • The Lost Twin (Scarlet and Ivy #1)
  • The Whispers in the Walls (Scarlet and Ivy, #2)
  • The Lights Under the Lake (Scarlet and Ivy #4)
  • The Mystery of the Midnight Peacock (The Sinclair's mysteries #4)
  • Murder at the Museum (Agatha Oddly, #2)
  • The Dance in the Dark (Scarlet and Ivy #3)
  • The Curse in the Candlelight (Scarlet and Ivy, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #2)
  • The London Eye Mystery (London Eye Mystery, #1)
  • The Haunting of Aveline Jones
  • Spies in St. Petersburg (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents, #2)
  • The Secret Key (Agatha Oddly, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Painted Dragon (The Sinclair’s Mysteries #3)
  • Villains in Venice (Taylor and Rose Secret Agents 3)
Robin's books are: Murder Most Unladylike (Murder is Bad Manners in the USA), Arsenic for Tea (Poison is Not Polite in the USA), First Class Murder, Jolly Foul Play, Mistletoe and Murder, Cream Buns and Crime, A Spoonful of Murder, Death in the Spotlight and Top Marks for Murder. She is also the author of The Guggenheim Mystery, the sequel to Siobhan Dowd's The London Eye Mystery.

Robin was born i

Murder Most Unladylike (9 books)
  • Murder Most Unladylike (Murder Most Unladylike, #1)
  • Arsenic for Tea (Wells & Wong, #2)
  • First Class Murder (Murder Most Unladylike, #3)
  • Jolly Foul Play (Murder Most Unladylike, #4)
  • Mistletoe and Murder (Murder Most Unladylike, #5)
  • A Spoonful of Murder (Murder Most Unladylike, #6)
  • Death in the Spotlight (Murder Most Unladylike, #7)
  • Top Marks for Murder (Murder Most Unladylike, #8)
  • Death Sets Sail (Murder Most Unladylike #9)