Start by marking “Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life” as Want to Read:
Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life

Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life

The bestselling author of Head Strong and The Bulletproof Diet answers the question, “How can I kick more ass at life?” by culling the wisdom of world-class thought leaders, maverick scientists, and disruptive entrepreneurs to provide proven techniques for becoming happier, healthier, and smarter.

When Dave Asprey started his Bulletproof Radio podcast more than five years

Published December 4th 2018 by Harper Wave

To ask other readers questions about Game Changers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game Changers

Start your review of Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life
Wesley
Feb 08, 2019 rated it did not like it
Pseudoscientific garbage.
And sometimes really funny, so bad.
For example. When explaining the whole Dual n Back training he states that it improves the fluid intelligence with 50%.
Meaning from 100 to 150.
Also it greatly improves math capabilities.
A few minutes (paragraphs) later he states that he couldn't imagine giving talks with only half the fluid intelligence that he had before the training.
Okay. 100 isn't half from 150.
Then he says that almost all ultra endurance athletes uses
Ruth
Full disclaimer I am a great fan of Tim Ferris and all his books. I write that because this book follows along the lines of Tools of Titans and Tribe of Mentors with the material taken from Dave Asprey's podcasts Bulletproof Radio. I love this stuff. I find reading about cutting-edge ideas alongside time-proven techniques fascinating and I always find at least one thing I want to do. For me, that's worth the read and I don't have to listen to every podcast - only those I think will expand on ...more
Conrad
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
Lots of good gems. WAAAAAAY too much self promo.
Renee (itsbooktalk)
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this on audio and it was excellent....some concepts are out there but I learned so many new things I can incorporate into my life now. Plus, I loved the overall tone wasn't preachy, it was positive and encouraging!
Mark Manderson
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read! Top takeaways:
It is our mitochondria that controls how we survive with the three F's. Fear which is fight or flee, feed what just make sure you eat to stay alive, and fornicate to make sure the species continues.

Focusing on your weaknesses makes you weaker.

Daily brain power is finite therefore it becomes imperative to prioritize on highly impactful things you love and getting rid of things that drain you!

LAW 1: the power of saying no.

Be honest with what's important to you.

Anytime you
Alex Devero
This is another very good book on biohacking and optimizing oneself. It contains 46 laws, each with tested techniques for becoming happier, healthier, and smarter. All these techniques are based on author's own experience and also on hundreds conversations with world-class mavericks of science, business and many other disciplines. All these laws are divided into three main categories, smarter, faster and happier.

What I liked the most is that every law is independent. It is not necessary to start
Shravan Venkataraman
This book as a standalone book - is brilliant. But, except for the drugs part of the book, this book is just a rehash of all the classic self help books that has come so far. You'd be better off reading the Tools of Titans book by Tim Ferris. That said, this book does have some useful information. If i were you, i'd take the science quoted in the book with a pinch of salt, and the information about drugs as a primer, and not as a tell-tale holy-grail thing.

Biohacking is great. Using substances
Jackie
May 05, 2019 marked it as blinkist
There's nothing you can't do, as long as you use your limited amount of time and energy in a smart way. That's what today's free book on Blinkist is conveying:

Kristjan
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a fan of Dave Asprey work and listener of his podcast, I very much enjoyed this book. I particularly enjoyed 3 chapters -
2. Get Into the Habit of Getting Smarter,
9. You Get Out What You Put In and
13. Reset Your Programming.
Natalie Jade
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A well organized book that breaks down everything you could think about and want into actionable steps.

I listened to it on audio, and have since bought the hardcover so that I can go through and take notes and have the book for reference.
Rohan Malsawm
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thought I was going to read a book only on bio-hacking given the fact that it’s Dave Asprey, but I’m super glad it threw in other topics too

10/10 would recommend-siezz.
Rei
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ditched, owned
May 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
*Blinkist*

Some of the psychological tips sounded useful, to the point that I initially thought I might want to read this book in its entirety, but then the pseudoscience started creeping in and I ultimately couldn’t get past it.
Vivian Adram
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read most of Dave Asprey's books and try to getting in some form of Bulletproof coffee occasionally. I love the life hacks available at your finger tips, plus the various case studies for each hack allows you to better understand how you could implement them in your own life.

I don't have access to all his products, but thats fine - its a life hack, so you can tweak accordingly and gradually improve on it.
Kevin Conti
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't read this book if you aren't willing to spend money on the loads of supplements, performance enhancers, and sleep hacks recommended by Asprey in this book. By the end of each chapter you'll have five new items in your cart on Amazon, some of which are created by the company Asprey owns. However, I will say that this is a good book and probably the best I've read in regards to 'bio-hacking' / self-optimization, so I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to delve into the subject.
Kenny Parnell
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a ton of new stuff if you're already familiar with Dave's work, but an excellent launching point/summary of stuff to review.
Erika
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I JUST HAVE TO SAY
If you don’t know who Dave Asprey is go listen to the 10 newest episodes of his podcast. There are over 500 episode right now and he’s continually keeping in touch with his audience. He’s the creator of bulletproof and the more research I do the more I want to learn on all aspects of my wellbeing. This book is a great start to diving in.

MY RATING

RATING EXPLAINED
4 - Great Book. I really enjoyed this work. It might not have changed my life (yet) but it was full of knowledge and
Arnav Sinha
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
In Game Changers: What Leaders, Innovators, and Mavericks Do to Win at Life, Dave Asprey shares the pointers he has collected from over 400 top performers across many fields while interviewing them for his extremely popular podcast Bulletproof Radio. As the author states in his introduction to this impressive feat of data crunching, the intent was not to know what these outliers achieved or how they achieved it, but to discover the most important things that powered their achievements.

What
Steve Messaros
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full disclosure I am a big fan of BulletProof in all its many forms. Game Changers was easily consumed. Best of all there are very specific follow up action items you can try on your own and determine for yourself whether or not they're beneficial. Most of these won't require a $ investment, only your time and attention.

Measure your results and draw your own conclusions. Most of them have worked for me, not all, but a majority are worth your time. Dave Asprey is driven by a long term vision and
Derek
Jun 24, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was an interesting read and definitely some novel ideas to consider. Overall if your looking to push yourself to the fringes of performance and optimization this book will have suggestions for things that you should try. But I would caution that correlation is not equivalent to causation.

I did find some of the recommendations a bit hypocritical and contradictory. One chapter espouses the benefits of focusing in oneself getting sleep and meditation while then uses supporting examples of
Dianas^Records
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-favourites
One of the things I'm grateful for today is that I've found this amazing book and finished it. So full of interesting, life-changing information backed with research, examples and stories, it truly was so fun to read.

Some people may think that to be successful, there's a magical formula that you you only have to apply to your life, but in reality, it's as simple as changing your mindset for the better.

Encouraging yourself to pick up good habits and take care of yourself starting with small
Dan
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've listened to a few Bulletproof Radio podcasts and found them interesting, but at the end of the day I'm not a huge podcast fan. I would much rather read a book, dog-earing pages as I go. There is a wide gamut of distilled info in this book. From, basic stuff like challenging your fear, to the technicalities on why LED might not be all that great for us. And, unlike other podcast into book adaptations, this one actually breaks up the many topics into a digestible format, in this case "laws," ...more
Eva Matijevic
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who are well established in their respective fields (or at least past the amateur phase)
Recommended to Eva by: no one
Shelves: self-help
This is the first self help book I have ever read and, while my grade might suggest otherwise, I liked it (for the most part at least). It's not really what I was looking for all those months ago (it took me three months to listen to 11h), but I did hear some useful tips that I will definitely try in the future.

Another thing, I believe that my grade was partially influenced by the fact that I am not a target audience (not that that is a bad thing, but it's clear that some stuff were written for
A. Sahai
May 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read on the biohacks for the body and mind and how to control the body in a scientific way. The book revolves around the key changes that can be made easily to our mind and body to optimize the results.
From emotional eating, decision fatigue, sleeping habits, exercise, sex and fear etc that need to be sorted out to retain higher energy levels and attain the end goals of life.
A good read to reinforce the nuances of biohacks in life. Highly recommended for people who are inquisitive about
anton_rich
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is information packed.

Granted, a lot of the information has been already said. And the whole book is a rehash of all the bulletproof radio podcasts.

The first thing that struck me was that the book begins with the power of no.

I know and you know about that. Who doesn't?

Well, the question that I had was "Why the book starts with that?"

I realized that it's way more important than I thought.

There are some very good nuggets in the books and just for finding them the book is worth picking
Caio Malufe
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the k owledge provided in the book, and I also really liked the way Dave chose to organize all chapters. In particular the chapter on Happy and Gratitude are the ones that seem to be the most important ones, and I am applying these learnings daily!!

I don't enjoy 100% the way Dave writes at times, but it is without a doubt that the knowledge here is powerful and highly applicable to most people. Read it with joy!
Rosa Frei
Powerful!

Is your life at a hold, or do you think, there ought to be more to it than you experience?

The book 'Game Changers' is filled with valuable advice for anybody on how to improve happiness, health, and the joy of life and job. The author, Dave Asprey, interviewed countless top player from any professional field and the result, or the secrets to their success, is what this book is about.

Well written, inspiring, a book to come back to again and again.
Jap Hengky
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
Our bodies and minds are held back by unhelpful patterns of thoughts and behaviors, which revolve around food, fear and sex. By understanding how our bodies and minds work, we can overcome these patterns and enhance our ability to generate, preserve and deploy our time and energy. With a clear conception of our goals and by carefully setting our priorities, we’ll be in an optimal position to succeed.
Alvin Soh
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is about hacking yourself. It’s about being aware that there’s a lot can be done on ourselves biologically, emotionally and spiritually- and change our habits according to “hack” them for better performance.

I like that Dave shares what TOP performers do habitually and some of those are totally new to me. I believe I will revisit this book regularly to improve my own hack.
Elizabeth Drake
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-improvement
Well worth the read, or re-read. Packed with information from the many podcasts Dave has had with guests. I knew most of the information because I’ve been following him as well as many of the people he’s interviewed and read their works. But this is a good reference book that has it all summarized.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age
  • Design Your Future: 3 Simple Steps to Stop Drifting and Take Command of Your Life
  • Stress Less, Accomplish More
  • Stillness Is the Key
  • Leadershift: The 11 Essential Changes Every Leader Must Embrace
  • Overworked and Overwhelmed: The Mindfulness Alternative
  • The Surprising Science of Meetings: How You Can Lead Your Team to Peak Performance
  • The Alter Ego Effect: How the World’s Top Performers Use Secret Identities to Win in Sports, Business, and Life
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • The Miracle Equation: The Two Decisions That Turn Your Biggest Goals from Possible, to Probable, to Inevitable
  • Time and How to Spend It: The 7 Rules for Richer, Happier Days
  • What to Eat When: A Strategic Plan to Improve Your Health and Life Through Food
  • Wise Guy: Lessons from a Life
  • Ketofast
  • Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required
  • The Millionaire Dropout: Fire Your Boss. Do What You Love. Reclaim Your Life!
  • Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
Dave Asprey is a Silicon Valley investor, computer security expert, and entrepreneur who spent 15 years and $250,000 to hack his own biology. He upgraded his brain by >20 IQ points, lowered his biological age, and lost 100 lbs without using calories or exercise. The Financial Times calls him a "bio-hacker who takes self-quantification to the extreme of self-experimentation." His writing has ...more
“instead of discovering who you are, you become powerful when you decide who you are.” 1 likes
“I have learned to prioritize my actions into three buckets: things that drain my energy, things I don’t mind and are important and useful, and things that give me energy and bring me joy. My goal is to break my daily actions down so that I spend none of my time on tasks that fall into the first category, 10 percent of my time on the second category, and 90 percent of my time in the final category, the one that Robert Greene calls primal inclinations. When I find myself drifting too far from the goal, I reset my actions.” 1 likes