Start by marking “Negation Force (Obsidiar Fleet Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Negation Force (Obsidiar Fleet Book 1)

Negation Force

(Obsidiar Fleet #1)

Negation Force. A planet without power, locked down by an alien war fleet.

The human Confederation has known an unprecedented time of peace, unheard of in a universe where every other species is not only technologically advanced, but also incredibly hostile.

The good times are about to end.

Out on the fringes, the planet Atlantis is attacked by an alien foe remembered o
Published May 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Negation Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Negation Force

Start your review of Negation Force (Obsidiar Fleet Book 1)
Suki Rickey
Jun 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Book 1

Book 1 had errors throughout and was a fun read. The plot is almost the same as the first series, but with different characters and the author introducing the alien's that invade. The characters are okay so far, but again follows the last series pretty closely. I will read the next book and see how the next book progresses.
Leslie Baptiste
Sep 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Too many inconsistencies…

A sergeant who cannot think outside the box, a lieutenant who listens to a subordinate that she does not trust, technology like field pack radios which are from the 20th and 21st century, all of these inconsistencies in this book made me give it 83. I am reading this book and going really you can crack the speed of light and you have to carry radio on your back not so much. As far as the characters are concerned I will read the second book and see if they become more fav
Christopher Bray
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Follows on nicely from the previous Arc without having to have read it.

A little confusing for readers of the previous ones as it jumps completely over the Estral - Vraxar war and despite the helius black star having been destroyed the intelligence services somehow know it’s the Vraxar that have shut down Atlantis rather than the Estral.

It doesn’t explain how it is known (that I can remember) but made clear that the Estral were defeated by the Vraxar later in the book.

Other than that it’s an e
Kathy
Apr 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Negation Force follows the Survival Wars (Crimson Tempest) series about 40 years later. During the earlier war with the Estral the scouting ship found the Estral were busy fighting the Vraxar, now the Vraxar have apparently defeated the Estral and have come for us.

The story is decent with a few engaging characters, notably Lieutenant Cruz, a communication specialist, and Sergeant McKinney, but the overall premise left me cold. I had to force myself to keep reading and finish the book.
Vedat GURER
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not my kind

The pace and the characters are to swift and detached, I couldn’t continue . The subject beside, the tech description is weak, not to my liking. Some may vote higher for the writing effort of the author, it didn’t grasp me
juliette dempsey
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always another enemy

It's a struggle to survive.
This was a gripping story that I could not put down. Great characters with depth and a believable storyline.Great action packed scenes from start to finish.
I look forward to more.
James Paterson
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Spaceship wars

Anthony James
It’s been a couple of years since I have read a space travel book with as much interesting reading and a good story line looking forward to reading much more of this authors work
Tim Seabrook
Sep 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book was a good read and had plenty of action for a small band of survivors at a time of invasion. The story was written from the perspectives of several characters and it was clear what was happening throughout.

The pace was fast enough to be enjoyable yet slowed in the right places so that you weren't on a constant run of action. A mixture of space battles and ground fights with enough tech to be interesting but not overwhelming in its complexity or use of abbreviations that are never expl
Tony
Aug 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting. Non stop. Page turner.

Anthony James is a new author to me, and I enjoyed his fast paced narrative immensely. As a tough military sci-fi novel there’s much to be expected in rough characters with uncompromising attitudes. However, one thing is needed: a change of pace every now and again. Time for the reader to take stock before the next barrage of action.
Dchamp
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I very seldom give 5 Star reviews, but this one deserved it!
If you like Sci-Fi, Anthony James is a great author and spinner of tales.
BUT... don't start with this book, go back and read his Survival Wars books first!
They do tie into this book (and the ones to come).

Great read! Highly recommended!
Keith
Mar 19, 2021 rated it really liked it
A Good Start

The story starts strong, with decent plot and character development, including a wide range of supporting cast. Lots of action in the last half of the book. Some of the character deaths seem unnecessary to the storyline, especially when others manage extreme odds and survive. I’m sufficiently interested in the story to continue with the second book.
Mark Goletto
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good beginning

This is a good beginning to what appears to be a rehash of Survival Wars. Anthony James is an excellent author and I hope he is good enough not to do this. Hopefully this series will provide something fresh and I don’t really want to wait 3 or 4 books to see it.
jospeh jack
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Very much a winning author!the first

Gripping and intense. Packed with everything that makes a book great! Read this, enjoy the writing of an amazing story!Gripping I will have the same thrill!
Steve Phillips
Aug 20, 2020 rated it liked it
If you love long, detailed descriptions of battles...

...then Negation Force is for you. It does a pretty good job of that, but I found myself skimming at times, waiting for something to happen.
Hw Huyler
Nov 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Interesting Story with a Cliffhanger

Good, close to Great, Story but tarnished by a cliffhanger ending. Different enemies fighting to destroy Earth. The Earth legislature stonewalling the militaries plan.
Mike
Nov 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
As a pacifist I really shouldn't like a book with so much death and destruction in it, but I loved this. I suspect that's because it's set in a universe where faster than light travel is commonplace rather than in the real universe. It also helps that the weapons used are totally imaginary. ...more
Terry McGhee
Dec 12, 2020 rated it liked it
Battling on planet

Good guys getting chased by bad guys sums up plot. Too much detail lost me many times and really did not add any thrilling effects to me. Hard at times to figure what was going on and ending was best part of book.
James
Mar 25, 2021 rated it really liked it
Space Warfare at its best

Mankind has grown soft, 40 years of peace made them easy prey. It was only the actions of a few brave men and women who stopped the invasion of Atlantis. Some of Space Corp were found wanting.
Mark P. Downey
May 30, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Great read, great action

I really enjoyed this book. It is well-paced, and the scene shifts were well done. The characters were believable for the most part. I will definitely read on.
Larry McClure
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

I enjoyed this story the more I kept reading. It just got more intense and exciting the more I read. Great story to read and I look forward to the next book in the series.
ian donner
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book one

Good read next please. it is the start of a good series I hope for more in the future well done .
John Tyson
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great start

Great start to a exciting series very smart without being technical I look forward to reading more please don't keep us waiting long
Diane Haines
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

A little long on the underground base, short on fighting enemy, but good read. Looking forward to book 2, highly recommend.
Tom
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
New varmints out to destroy mankind

Lulled into a peace of 40 years a new but known enemy arises. This one is fighting for it's on existence
L W Seaton
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A gripping story

Really enjoyed reading this book could feel that you where in the mobile of the action looking forward to reading the second book.
Eric Prater
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, lots of fighting here!

If you like exciting sci to battles, this is for you, almost a who!e books worth, well done, this is great!
judy k colthar
Jun 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Review

Great book and excellent plot and storyline. Loved the main characters and liked that the villains were dealt with in an appropriate manner.
Neil
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A good hard sci-fi novel

I enjoyed the characters, storyline and background. I had a good pace and made we want to read the next in the series - a sign of a good read.
Paul
Jul 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Realistic military situations. Very enjoyable book. Want to read the following book(s).
Thomas Lennek
Jul 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great start to a space opera series. Good story arc, interesting complex characters. If you like author David Weber you may want to give Anthony James a try.

• Wanderer's Odyssey: Books 1-3
  • Cold Solar (Cold Solar #1)
  • The Atomic Sea: Volume One (The Atomic Sea, #1)
  • Project Destiny (Biotech Wars, #1)
  • Evolution Commandos:  Well of Furies
  • Lightwave: Clocker (Folding Space #1)
  • Ghost Legion (Legionnaire #1)
  • Forbidden the Stars (The Interstellar Age, #1)
  • Recruit (The United Federation Marine Corps, #1)
  • Forbidden Planet (Rise of the Gladiator, #1)
  • Wanderer's Escape (Wanderer's Odyssey, #1)
  • Pawn (Warchild #1)
  • Daybreak (Girl from the Stars, #1)
  • Turing Test (AI Diaries #1)
  • Diving into the Wreck (Diving Universe, #1)
  • Liberty (Two Democracies: Revolution, #1)
  • Brothers in Exile (Sons of the Starfarers, #1)
  • Rise Of Mankind: Books 1-5
Anthony James spent his youth reading what might now be called classic sci-fi and fantasy books. These days, he spends time in his study with the door locked against rampant and ferocious toddlers, writing books of his own.

That's the third person stuff out of the way.

For anyone who's read any of my books, you'll know that I write action science fiction that pulls no punches and which doesn't cram

Obsidiar Fleet (5 books)
  • Inferno Sphere (Obsidiar Fleet Book 2)
  • God Ship (Obsidiar Fleet Book 3)
  • Earth's Fury (Obsidiar Fleet Book 4)
  • Suns of the Aranol (Obsidiar Fleet Book 5)