Start by marking “Virgin Mate (Cascade Cougars, #1)” as Want to Read:
Virgin Mate (Cascade Cougars, #1)

Virgin Mate

(Cascade Cougars #1)

Lucy Michaels, is about to realize her dream of becoming an international photographer, when an attack from a rogue cougar-shifter triggers her physical transformation to a species the world doesn’t know exists. As voraciously unstable appetites emerge, Talen Cascade, the sexy shifter who rescued her, embarks on a mission to integrate her into the ways of his clan and sati ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 21st 2018 by Solstice Publishing - Solstice At Night Imprint

To ask other readers questions about Virgin Mate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Virgin Mate

Start your review of Virgin Mate (Cascade Cougars, #1)
Jerecho
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
A shifter-paranormal-erotic story. It started nicely then becomes a zigzag. Begins with a bite, a hero in black shirt, an interview, illness something, the shift, a hunger for s3x, etc...

2 star for now, i'll just give it a reread sometime...
Jane West
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story! Steamy and great plot! I highly recommend this book!
Eva Millien
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
On the cusp to making her dreams of become an international photographer come true, Lucy Michaels is attacked by a rogue cougar-shifter that triggers her physical transformation to a species the world doesn’t know exists. After rescuing Lucy, Talen Cascade embarks the mission to integrate her into the ways of her rising clan and to satiate her rising hunger. But only Lucy can decide if she belongs to Talan or the rouge who bit her.

This shifter romance is feisty and energetic with a hot and spic
K. Lincoln
Jun 05, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, actually.

Virgin Mate starts off with a bang—literally. The main character, Lucy, on her way to an interview with a famous photographer is attacked and bitten on the neck.

Luckily, a hot guy in a black tshirt shows up and fights off the attacker. He is Talen, a dominant cougar of the Cascade Cougars, and he’s about to help Lucy through the incredible physical changes about to happen to her as a result of the bite. She’s a mate—a human woman capable of changing, but just who’s mate is sh
Bena Roberts
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review Virgin Mate by Tia Didmon

Oh, my!  This is my first ever erotic paranormal romance!

Yes. I love watching True Blood, The Originals etc.  But until now, my reading has been mainly chicklit, romcom, and mystery.

The Good

What a sex fest! Holy cow, Batman!

I thought the name Talen was wonderful and I enjoyed his jealousy.  Even though there was a lot of shagging - there was a story behind this and it worked well.  The reason the bite worked - was explained well and there was no over explanation
Charlotte
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is more going on in this one.

For adult readers
Talon is the enforcer for his clan. It's Talon's job to hunt down rogue shifters. Talon is looking for his cousin, Cyril, because he hasn't checked in for longer than usual. When Talon finds Cyril, it's not a happy reunion.
Lucy loves to photograph animals. Lucy has somehow gotten an interview as an intern with the photographer of her dreams! Just as Lucy is getting ready to go inside for her interview, she is attacked. Some psycho with white ha
Angela Charles
Short and simple

This is the first time that I read anything from Tia Didmon. While going through my long, very long 😔🤦🏿‍♀️, list of Kindle books to go through I chose this. I have to admit any paranormal shifter book gets an automatic star form me.

This story was good but not great. I enjoyed Lucy but she was a bit too much for me. I get the way she was transformed but she just refused to listen to Talen at all. Whenever she came on the screen I wanted to yell at her to just listen. Yes, Talen
Kee
Jul 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was my first read from Didmon so I did not know what to expect. The story opens with Lucy being attacked as she was heading to an interview. Her hero also happens to be her mate. But he's stumped by the whole situation since he wasn't responsible for the bite.

Lucy and Talen both grated on my nerves off and on through the story. There was lots of sex. The way the first time came about was offputting. I thought there were gaps and a lack of a solid timelime. It was hard to tell how fast time
Bigred6126
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's your basic shifter romance when it comes to fated mates. There is a strong stubborn female lead and a strong stubborn male lead. I like the gene being in women who don't actually become shifters unless they are bitten by their mates or in close proximity by another shifter. That was very interesting. While there is a specific bad guy for this one, we never learn who the real bad guys are and what they are trying to do. This is a set that will h ...more
Joyffree
Explosive start then IDK ...
I'm a bit confused.
A lot of huh? moments that I'm still trying to piece together.
Is there a prequel to this that I missed?
What I think is the series plot has me intrigued and I am curious to see what happens next. This ends on a bit of a series cliffy, meaning the couple has there HFN but the Who done it and Why is still up for investigation. I do feel a bit lost about the universe Didmon has created I would like a bit more foundation/history. There seems to be a lo
Marcus Moutra
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beware of the Werecats

This book has some hot adult scenes, but I felt the story was too short. I know this is a series, but I felt more could've been explained in book one. A little more backstory, especially about Talen and his brother. Also,, Lucy falls for Talen faster than I would've excepted. As I was reading, I said to myself, "Dang so Talen and Lucy are just going to skip the dating stage and jump right into the nasty." I mean yes the man just saved you, but you it's other ways to thank y
Annette Duncan
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cougars Mate

Lucy was looking forward to her job interview when she was attack and bitten by a crazy white hair man and saved by Talen who is a cougar shape shifter and it was his cousin that bit her. Talen cousin is infected and Lucy starts showing signs of changing the story is fast pace reminds me of Christine Feehan cat novels. Truly enjoyed well written looking forward to more of Tia Didmon 5🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅stars I received this free book and voluntarily give a free review thank you to the author and A
Carole Klimesch
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good Shifter Story

The book is well written . The characters are interesting and appealing. The book seems to set the stage for the next book but story is finished and there is no cliffhanger. I think the title could have been improved but the storyline is good. I would have liked more info on the first shifter who tried to be the mate but it may have taken away from this story All in all I recommend reading this book if u like shifter stories.
Theresa
Aug 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Don’t. It was free so I said what the heck. I finished it because it was over quickly. Like bad sex, over before it really started and left unfulfilled.

It’s not bad for a fist attempt (if that’s what it is). It’s “zig-zag” as someone else described it. Ping from one scene to another. A few times I thought I missed a page or two, but no. That’s how it was written. No flow. Short. Not satisfying. No depth.

The author needs to keep working on it.
Lynall
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This story is interesting

There is just so much to this story, Lucy was attacked and bitten, but changes when Talen meets her. There are a lot of non-consensual or dubious consent about their initial interactions which bothered me, although this did work out in the end and Lucy had a very happy end to the story. There are multiple layers to this book, with a lot more to discover about their world.
Lovely
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
HOT From start to finish

I LOVE that this book just drives right into the action! No shy work ups. No pretense of what MAY come. I also love that her female character, Lucy, is strong and not the typical.....save the green eyes......description looks wise. It gives her character more flavor. I LOVE the serious dominance of her mate, Talen, despite Lucy being strong herself. Even Talen's brother Hunter is loveable as well as comical.
Shawn
Dec 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter-romance
I started to like Talen because he seemed concerned about taking advantage of his virgin mate, then he proceeded to orally rape her. While I admit their may be a small percentage of woman who have developed a taste for that, the likelihood a virgin has a kink that deep, is nonexistent. The story has possibilities, but needs a major edit and a new cover. Put me off so much, I returned the second book to KU without reading it.
Anastasia Chase
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shapeshifters
This was such a sexy read! Where the hell did I leave that towel?😂 The story flowed so well here, and the steam was so on point. I loved Talen and how protective he was of Lucy. But Lucy did annoy me at times, especially when she freaked out and went a little nuts, but in the end she got her HEA.

5 stars!
Christine
Sep 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
New author for me and I am now a total fan. Enjoy

Great story and one that I had to keep reading til I finished it. The story really pulls you in and you just have to keep reading.
Elizabeth
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Where is the story?

I am all about the hot steamy sex scenes in books. But there must be more story then sex. Unfortunately not this book. It was sex then a few lines of story then sex. This book was 90% sex and 10% story. It was just not enough to get a better rating from me
Jeannette
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great start

This book is a great start to a series. The characters are well developed and the background story is full. It is a complete story but introduces characters for following stories. For mature readers.
Deeds
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book

This story was incredible,outstanding,exciting and just plain fantastic!!!. It has a great storyline and is sooo moving and heartwarming 😂. Tia is an incredible writer and fantastic storyteller 😄😊.
Josephine Musumeci
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cascade Cougars book 1

Good characters, great word flow and a great build up for the storyline means an enjoyable read! Great way to start a series. If you enjoy shifters then this will satisfy your reading needs. LoL. I would definitely recommend.
Lisa Romero
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good read

This book has a good story line and some pretty Alpha steamy scenes. it does leave you wanting more off the story to be revealed but I’m sure that will happen in another book....
Jude
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
wish I had read the reviews before I started this book. I was starting to skim the pages, a sure sign that I do not really want to continue reading, so I stopped reading since there are so many better novels waiting for me.
Millie Lewis
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Super sexy shifter romance. I loved the dynamic between Talen and Lucy. I am looking forward to the next one.
Donna  B Perkins
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great 👍👍👍
Fred
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any one for a kitty!

I really enjoyed reading this story and look forward to reading more of your books. This was a very nice twist on finding your true mate!
Judi
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Could not finish...

I just couldn’t get into this story and it seemed the POV jumped around. I didn’t identify with the characters either.
Kim Gualtieri
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG

This was a good book. I can't wait to read the next one. I loved the Panthers. This author grabbed my attention with this book.

• Blackstone Ranger Rogue (Blackstone Rangers, #4)
  • Blackstone Ranger Hero (Blackstone Rangers #3)
  • Sheriff Dragon's Secret Baby (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #4)
  • Hot Piece of Ash (Paranormal Dating Agency #28)
  • Billionaire Dragon's Nanny (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #1)
  • Bear Next Door (Shifter Protection Agency, #1)
  • Bear's Secret Baby (Shifter Protection Agency, #2)
  • Cherished Mate (Cybermates, #1)
  • Lawyer Dragon's Surrogate (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #3)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Rancher Bears Complete Series Books (1-6)
  • Rogue Alien's Escape (Alien Outlaws #0.5)
  • Blackstone Ranger Charmer (Blackstone Rangers #2)
  • Mated To The Werewolf Next Door (Maccon City Shifters #1)
  • Blackstone Ranger Chief (Blackstone Rangers #1)
  • Protector Mate (MateMatch Outcasts, #2)
  • Wolf's Runaway Bride (Runaway Shifter Brides Book 2)
  • Visible Panther Line (Paranormal Dating Agency, #27)
Tia Didmon is a best-selling and award winning author. She writes exotic paranormal romance and is happily married with three kids and one fur baby. While she calls Vancouver Island, Canada home. She loves to travel and can usually find a zipline along the way. She loves to connect with her readers as well as share her favorite meme’s. You can check those out on her Facebook page.

Cascade Cougars (7 books)
  • Enter The Lair (Cascade Cougars, #2)
  • Hunter's Passion (Cascade Cougars, #3)
  • Shifters Eden (Cascade Cougars, #4)
  • Cougars Christmas (Cascade Cougars, #5)
  • Wild Seduction (Cascade Cougars, # 6)
  • Feral Attraction