Start by marking “Make It Music (Broken Dolls, #1)” as Want to Read:
Make It Music (Broken Dolls, #1)

Make It Music (Broken Dolls, #1)

House parties. Hot jocks. New friends. Typical college experiences, right?

Sleepless nights. Racing thoughts. Slipping grades. Drinking way too much and waking up alone in a strange bed with no memory of how I got there, then bolting before having to face whoever put my drunk ass up for the night… Slightly less typical.

Okay, I’ll admit it. I’m making a mess of my freshman y
Published August 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Make It Music, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Make It Music

Start your review of Make It Music (Broken Dolls, #1)
Caitlin Audet
My rating: 3.5

When Make It Music by Everly Lucas showed on in my kindle library, I was super excited to get started. I have a newfound love for the student/teacher taboo novel and based off the blurb that's exactly what drew me to the story of Lacey Hunter and Jeremy Ryan. But to my utter surprise Make It Music turned out to be a whole slew of layers with each one more deep and emotional than the last.

I love how the writing is a direct correlation to how Lacey thinks and feels. She is a big ball
Reckless Readers
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I'm in love with this story. First time I've read anything from this author but it's so incredible.
Lacey thoughts rush all over the place that you have to pay attention.
Jeremy aka the professor, soul captives you with every encounter he spends with Lacey.
Ups and downs, highs and lows of being a new college student, that it plagues Lacey so strongly. She's a fighter but has to begin to realize she needs more people in her corner.
It's raw and intense, with best friends who have you're back
Behind Closed Doors Book Review
Amount of sex 4 / 5
How explicit is the sex scenes 4 / 5
Story 3.5 / 5
Overall: 3.5 / 5

Make it Music is the first book that I have read from author Everly Lucas. I always love reading stories that are a bit taboo, and this student/teacher romance sounded great. So, I decided to take a chance on the new author. I soon discovered that the story was a bit different than I expected.

Make it Music had a couple serious subject matters that I believe should be added to the book’s description. In the front
Mridula Gupta
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Lacey's life is all about forgetting all the stupid mistakes she makes. Professor Jeremy Ryan is just the opposite. Collected, composed and oddly handsome, he finds himself falling for his messy student.

I was thrilled about the story and the characters, but that happened up to 60% of the book. The rest, I believe was a steady decline. The ending felt rushed and not justified at all. The climax falls dull, and I certainly expected more action.

Overall, a fast-paced, quick read, full of fun and ple
Jamie  Zishka
Sep 01, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a student teacher romance and those are some of my favs to read... that being said I did enjoy the student teacher part of it but it was a little insta love for me and Lacey’s characters dialogue was a bit erratic at times.. but in all it was a good story just not great. I would still recommend to others and give the book a 3.5. stars.

This is the first book ive read by this author and im intrigued to read more from her. Get one clicking to see what happens in this book!
Melissa
Aug 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thought the book was good. The main characters Lacey and professor AKA Jeremy has a instant connection. Lacey is a freshmen in college & bit crazy her thoughts are all over the place so I couldn't really connect with her character but Jeremy falls in love with her and sticks by her side through all her up and down and drama. Definitely a must for the year. ...more
Krista
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it

This book was different for me. It was a hard read. I couldn't tell if the writing was manic or if the character was.

Lacey is in college and trying to correct her wrongs. On a random night on her decline she meets Jeremy... aka Professor Jeremy.

This is a tale of a professor and a student. Lots of ups and downs with Lacey and trying to manage it all and how Jeremy fits into all of it.

By the ending it makes sense, But, like I said, hard to follow the first half without being agitated.

The
Ashley Sledge( UnderCoversBookBlog)
Make it Music is an overall good story. There were no spelling or grammatical errors. It just went in a different direction than I expected and didn’t work for me personally. I also think there should've been some trigger warnings in the front of it.
Nancy Metsch
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
WOW!!!
This is the first book I have read by Everly
I enjoyed Lacey, she was a bit weird, but in a good way
Jeremy made me laugh and confused me
Abby
Stefanie Blome
Apr 15, 2020

• Flirting with Forever
  • Unconditional
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Just a Number
  • One Percent of You
  • I Bet You
  • Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1)
  • Finding Alexei
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • The Wife (The Bride, #2)
  • Desire (Twisted Hearts Duet, #1)
  • Before I Ever Met You
  • Tempting (Tempting, #1)
  • Tortured Whispers
  • On Davis Row
  • Protecting Caroline (SEAL of Protection, #1)
  • Flat-Out Sexy (Fast Track, #1)
  • Lucky
After years of rooting for couples and falling for heroes created by other authors, Everly decided to create her own. She now has a crowd of characters hanging out in her head, with no intention of kicking them out.

She lives in Philadelphia with her precious laptop, a cat named Bunny, and a kitten who falls down a lot. Her favorite things include Dr. Pepper, sparkly stuff, blissful silence, and si