Start by marking “Cruel Money (Cruel, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Money (Cruel, #1)

Cruel Money

(Cruel #1)

Lose yourself to the dark and glamorous underbelly of the Upper East Side in USA Today bestselling author K.A. Linde's new billionaire romance Cruel Trilogy.

She was supposed to be a one night stand.

A way to sate my sexual appetite.

I let her glimpse the man I am. The face that I hide behind my carefully cultivated life. But she ripped open that divide—and there’s no going b
Published January 22nd 2019 by K.A. Linde Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Money, please sign up.

Christy
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-five-stars
5 stars!

photo IMG_2936_zps6rvqwzcf.png
I was Manhattan royalty. She was the help. But I wanted her all the same.

KA Linde wrote another addicting, angsty, and unputdownable book. Cruel Money was one of those books that hooked me from the start and never let go! I felt like I was transported into a Gossip Girl type world and I loved every second.

Cruel Money takes place 6 years after One Cruel Night (If you haven't read the prequel novella, One Cruel Night, be sure to jump in and read it first (it's a freebie) then get to t
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤❤5 addictive stars❤❤

I devour it in one sitting and now I want more of Penn and Natalie!Cruel Money has it all, drama , angst , original characters and a romance that will keep you on edge!

description

Natalie and Penn are from different worlds , and they have a past.None of them expected to see each other again!The plot is brilliant and the story captivating !

I loved the romance it has angst, passion and intensity. I’m in love with Penn and Natalie! Both have something unique about them!

Overall it was an
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

Think Gossip Girl or Cruel Intentions and you have Cruel Money—a second chance romance set within the glitz and glamour of New York’s upper class society. It is devious and abundant in delicious drama, characterised by deceitful personalities brimming with lies and scandalous propositions.

Delightfully addictive, without doubt compelling and unputdownable, Cruel Money, with an insurmountable level of intrigue and intensity, will have you invested throughout. It doesn’t just have angst and drama,
Carla Bulian
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elisabeth Grace
Gossip Girl meets Cruel Intentions! If you're a fan of either you need to pick up this book!

Penn and Natalie are a couple to root for! They share a past--and not a good one--so I appreciated that Natalie held her ground. But how could she completely resist the allure of one Mr. Penn Kensington?

This book is filled with intrigue, sexy times, backstabbing and frenemies galore. Everything you need to have you binge reading about this crew's particular brand of debauchery. Once you do, you'll be hook
Blue
AW HELL NO! DNF @20%

The book started off fine until I realised the direction it was heading. It feels all too high school-y and for the life of me I am not staying around for the obvious cringe-fest that is to come. So our heroine Natalie is an aspiring writer who house sits for $$$ and as it turns out her current house sitting job is for a guy who she once had a once night stand with in Paris. Natalie is still very hurt cos Penn ghosted her after (which I don’t get, cos hello one night stand?).
Rejane
Jan 30, 2019 marked it as nope
Trilogy?? 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Seriously? 😒
And Wow.. did the author really went this road? Someone should tell the fmc (the author)the meaning of ONS 🤔 And the bet thing was wrote so many million times. And “the help” and Manhattan royalty?! 🤷🏻♀ 🤦🏻♀.. thanks for the heads up from the reviewer bellow
Besides, I agree with her, this will be a huge cluster fuck. And the ow drama is as predictable as ridiculous.
Oh!! Let’s not forget CLIFFHANGER 🙄🙄🤦🏻♀🤦🏻♀🤦🏻♀

Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description
Love, strife and all the secrets…

One Cruel Night was a sexy, angsty prequel to this, a love-infused, even sexier (because there is more of them) glimpse into Natalie and Penn’s relationship. Read the prequel – it’s fantastic – and sets the stage completely for this journey. And what a trip it is! Anger and confusion was the stage when Natalie and Penn meet again after a not so sweet parting. The feelings that consumed them years ago have not gone away but the secrets that drove them apart are no
♛ Garima ♛
DNF at 50%. I am not a romance reader so DNFing romance book is very common for me. Up until 50%, it was okay then everyone started doing stuff without thinking which I think kind of also common in romance genre. Not my cuppa but I did enjoy 0.5 of this series.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ratula
Gah!! This story was outstanding!!! Penn and Natalie have a past filled with hot sexy times but a present filled with nothing but drama and secrets.  After a chance reconnection after a one night stand years ago, Natalie and Penn must travel a road filled with hot sexual tension, resentment, lust and a connection they can't avoid.  He is an uber elite member of the crém de la crém of society and she is "the help" but their different stations in life would not be able to stop the freight train of ...more
Candace Tidwell
Jan 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Natalie and Penn... what a pair! If you have read Linde's books you know what to expect. If you have not, then I advise you to buckle up. Cruel Money is spectacular. Its angsty, emotional, and it will definitely piss you off. You may even want to throw the book across the wall. If you are reading a kindle then I would strongly advise against any throwing or temper tantrums.
On a serious note, you will love the storyline. Linde has a talent to deliver nothing but outstanding characters. They will
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font-rend-3

Excuse me while I squeal over K.A. Linde’s latest release, Cruel Money. If there was ever an addictive, angsty, passionate and OMG story that you would want to read, then buckle up because this book had it all. It was young, fresh, and had that Gossip Girl TV show that you know you couldn’t help but be drawn to. With strong characters and sexual tensions, readers could feel the palpable chemistry brewing between Penn and Natalie. Since thi
Mel
4.5 stars!

What’s worse than running into the one-night stand that ruined you six years ago? Sharing a house with him for two months!

Cruel Money is a deliciously twisted and emotionally captivating start to the Cruel Trilogy . I immediately became invested in the characters, was mesmerized by the story, and couldn't put it down.

Natalie and Penn shared a passionate night together in One Cruel Night and then Penn vanished and they haven’t seen each other since. It was a mind-blowing experience a
Jennifer Wolfel
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Money is like a does of cruel and usual punishment, and I mean that in the fondest of ways! If you read any of the Wright Brothers series you will have already meet Penn Kensington, but if you have't don't worry, this story is all you will need to get to know Penn! And boy did we ever!

This book sort of reminds me of the movie Cruel Intentions, you know the one... If not, it's a must see. But the way that Penn and his friends play with lives and feelings reminds me a little of that movie,
Nicole Lynn Hoefs
This was good overall. I’m giving it 4 out of 5 stars. This review is for an ARC, and reflects my honest opinion.

I read the prequel before reading this, and I’m glad I did; it gave me a little more insight into these characters before diving right into the present. This was dual POV, but to be honest, at least 90% of the book was Natalie’s POV. I liked her as a main character since I could see a lot of myself in her (especially the writer parts), but based on the summary, I was expecting most of
RentasticReads
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I. NEED. MORE! This book was soooo incredibly good, I gobbled it all up in one sitting. It’s just better than anything I’ve read from K.A. Linde. I can’t even help but think how this is so much like Gossip Girl, but with her own unique twist. Extremely addictive and completely unputdownable, Cruel Money just has the kind of intrigue and intensity that was up the wazoo. It wasn’t only packed to the brim with angst, drama, tension and seduction, but it was also dripping with manipulation, deceptio ...more
D
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
As always, a K.A Linde book is a fun and fast paced read.
Cruel Money was reminiscent of her Glitter series with high society rich young up and comers. And anyone that has read a Linde book knows that her characters with money make for a wild, evil and fast-paced ride filled with high fashion, decadent living and a whole lot of drama.
I enjoyed Penn and Natalie's chemistry and not just between the sheets. They are equals in their ambition-- another classic characteristic of a Linde book-- and the
Manoela
4.5 Stars

A promising start to the new series by author K. A. Linde. This book is simply addictive and once I started reading I couldn't stop until the last page.

Cruel Money tells the story of Penn and Natalie, two characters who have a story already, and one that did not end well for both years ago. I confess that when I read the prequel of these characters I imagine a different story, but the author surprises me and surpassed my expectations with this story.

This story is full of drama, anguish
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3.75 stars.

This was probably one of Kyla's best writing I've seen in a very long time. And I'm so impressed that she can write such a variety of genres and be successful.

I loved the characters, the story, pretty much everything about this. Although it does end of a cliffhanger, its not as bad as I thought it would be. So I'm really excited about the next one to come out!

Find me on: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Blog
Rebecca
Jan 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
K.A. Linde goes back to her angsty writing roots with Cruel Money, book one of her new series, the Cruel Trilogy, and in doing so, she creates the perfect world, New York City & the Hamptons to explore and to expose the personal and professional boundaries that some people seem to not mind crossing while others strive to stay true to who they are and what they believe in no matter the cost.

When Cruel Money begins, it’s beyond clear that Natalie Bishop doesn’t belong with Penn Kensington’s c
Amy
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
You know you're in a K A Linde book when:

(1) The Hot Hero makes you want to smack him with your hand and your lips. And, oh, dear reader, is Penn ever the Hot Hero. He's got that brooding, judgy, testosterone-fueled vibe going on, and I love him. Yes, there were times when I wanted to grab him by the shoulders and shout at him to FIX HIS MESS. But creating said mess is part of his charm.

(2) The Heroine takes herself a little too seriously and is a little too self-righteous. Natalie is both of t
Liz
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have only recently discovered K.A. Linde and honestly, I am not sure what rock I was living under. I completely devoured Cruel Money. It was full of angst, emotional and all kinds of steaminess. There is a prequel available that you do not have to read, but it is free, so good and sets a foundation, so go one click One Cruel Night now!

Cruel Money tells the story of Penn and Natalie. They shared one unforgettable night years ago and now they are once again face-to-face. On the night they met,
2OCC Reviews
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma
Wow! Wow! Wow! K.A. Line has completely outdone herself with this amazing angst filled read. This would have to be one of the best books I have read in a long time and would have to be one of my top reads for the year. This story is filled with secrets, twists and drama all the way through the story creating an epic read. There was not a dull moment throughout the book creating a one of a kind read.

Natalie was the strong and independent heroine of the story who is a house sitter while she follow
Bree Hill
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Wow! Very sleek and sexy. I could feel the ocean breeze on my skin one moment and the cool NYC nighttime wind the next. This was a very well written, grimy yet sexy..sweet yet deceitful romance that ends on a cliff hanger which has me yearning for more.
Virginia
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
KA Linde brings us into a brand new world with Cruel Money. A world with money, status, romance, and a lot of angst and drama. This story is intense and addicting and I couldn’t get enough. Penn and Natalie meet again after six years and their story is an intense roller-coaster of a ride. I loved it! I can’t wait to see what happens in book 2!

An arc was provided for an honest review.

Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
****AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ****

4 CRUEL INTENTIONS CROWNS

CRUEL MONEY by K.A. Linde has all the vibes of Cruel Intentions. The upper elite CREW being involved with a bet to sleep with make said chose girl fall in love. There is a plethora of scheming and lying, and just like the movie, I was entertained throughly by the corrupt and flawed characters of the CREW.

A wide range of characters make up the CREW, and while I do understand their presence in the book, few of them had any real part in
KFForever
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
kfforever
Reviewed by Donna on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Where do I start after reading the first in a trilogy and sat pondering on what an entertaining, angst enjoyable read Cruel Money was and do it justice for the potential reader. I haven’t stopped talking about this with my book buddies and I will urge the unsuspecting book world to pick this delight up.

Natalie and Penn had a brief encounter six years ago and bump into each other unexpectedly at the beach house Nat is looking after for
Rohina
description

descriptionMy dream and nightmare stood before me. Clothed like a god walking off of a James Bond set with dark hair and midnight - blue eyes that flickered in the dying embers.

When Gossip Girl and Cruel Intentions collide into one, K.A. Linde brings another addictive, angsty and totally unputdownable book.

Cruel Money takes place 6 years after One Cruel Night, which is what made me so excited about this book and the series.

Natalie is a writer looking for her big break while she house sits for the rich a
Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
Wow what a start to a trilogy it had it all, love Natalie meets Penn on her last night in Paris and loses her virginity and in the morning, he is gone without a word. To appreciate how that made Natalie feel, and how special it was I advise you to read ONE CRUEL NIGHT which is free at the moment. It will give you the insight to how Natalie feels when they meet 6 years later in Cruel Money.
Let’s get back to Cruel Money, Natalie is housesitting in the H
Verna Loves Books
Cruel Money by K.A. Linde is this years most scandalous story yet!
I was consumed through every page and by the end I was yet again STUNNED! Kyla has a knack for getting you so wrapped up in her books that you never see it coming. WOW! Just wow! I am completely speechless and trying to process that ending. Book two can not release soon enough because this girl needs more Penn in her life.

When I met Penn Kensington in the Wright books, I knew without a doubt I wanted his story. He's intriguing, p
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Hollywood Playboy
  • If We Fall (What If Duet, #1)
  • Taste (Sovereign, #2)
  • Lies (Web of Sin, #2)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Hook (Duplicity Duet, #1)
  • Salvage
  • On His Terms (The Arrangement Duet Book 1)
  • The Princess (Filthy Duet, #2)
  • On a Wednesday (One Week, #2)
  • Huge Deal (21 Wall Street, #3)
  • The Body Painter
  • Repeat
  • Trouble at Brayshaw (Brayshaw, #2)
  • War of Hearts (Storm MC Reloaded, #1)
  • Lessons from a One-Night Stand  (The Baileys #1)
K.A. Linde is the USA Today bestselling author of the Avoiding Series, Wrights, and more than thirty other novels. She has a Masters degree in political science from the University of Georgia, was the head campaign worker for the 2012 presidential campaign at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and served as the head coach of the Duke University dance team. She loves reading fantasy n ...more

Cruel (4 books)
  • One Cruel Night
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Cruel Legacy (Cruel, #3)