Start by marking “Saint or Sinner (Bad Things #8)” as Want to Read:
Saint or Sinner (Bad Things #8)

Saint or Sinner

(Bad Things #8)

Beware of Beauty…because she’s got the heart of a real beast.

Published July 24th 2018 by Hocus Pocus Publishing, Inc. (first published July 18th 2018)

Start your review of Saint or Sinner (Bad Things #8)
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
Love this one too. This series are awesome. I don't think I have to repeat myself what I like about CE books. Ok fine.. You don't have to twist my arm, I'll tell you... Again. 😉
~Strong, kick ass heroine.
~Crazy, besotted hero. One (view spoiler) I couldn't believe it either. 😆
~Crazy plot. But I still enjoy it.
~Great secondary characters.
It was great catching up with the baddest witch ever Valerie and her mate.

Can't wait to read who's next, I have an idea who's n
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Everyone knows if Josephine Saint is looking for you, you better hide. Many years ago Josephine made a pact with Luke who was the ruler of the dark at the time. Every ten years she must hunt and kill someone of Luke's choosing. On her last mission and for the first time ever, Luke wants Josephine to retrieve someone alive.

Malik is a fallen angel and Josephine's next target. Angels are not meant to stay on earth. When they do, they begin to change into something dangerous. Josephine needs to bri
Claire Robinson
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "You just can't trust anyone these days." Stars!

We return to Cynthia Eden’s Bad Things universe with the eighth book; Saint or Sinner giving us Josephine Saint’s story, a very bad thing is ever there was one!

The woman was a monster straight to her core…

I devoured this book, and although I have loved all of the releases from this series, Saint or Sinner is definitely up there as one of my favorites. Fallen-angel Malik was the perfect growly, over-protective alpha that I have come to assoc
Carvanz
I am absolutely loving The Bad Things series.

Josephine is basically the hit man (woman) for Luke who rules the light now but once ruled the dark. Her next, and thankfully last assignment before she can gain her freedom, is to hunt down and retrieve a fallen angel. She has a certain amount of time to get the job done or the retrieval mission will then be a kill mission as the fallen angel threatens the very world we live in.

Malik has a weakness, an obsession, a reason for his fall. At all cost
Marta Cox
Shelves: my-reviews
Oh my here we go again with another incendiary story in the Bad Things series. No you are not imagining the Beauty and the Beast vibe as certainly Josephine is a beautiful, mesmerising vampire and Malik the angel who has chosen to ‘fall’ is starting to discover abilities that truly are monstrous. To say that they could set the world on fire is no exaggeration because the chemistry between this couple is Hot with a well deserved capital H !
Yet I’m actually loathe to say too much more lest I ruin
Lyn
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing

A kickass heroine and an angel who’s gone dark. A match made in heaven or an explosive combination?

Josephine was just plain cool. She knew who she was and didn’t make any excuses for it. She was dangerous and could take care of herself. Tangle with her at your own peril.

I really liked seeing the “ex”-devil again. Luke was up to his old tricks, planning his nefarious plots, involving everyone in it and assigning them specific tasks, without their knowledge. He’s so wicked and one of the most inte
 Rosebud
Never make a deal with the Devil without reading the fine print and looking at loopholes .... but who knew this also applied to God.

Josephine Saint needs to complete one last mission to pay off her debt and be able to finally move on with her life without being at the beck and call of Lucas Thorne.

A fallen angel can be saved but only under certain conditions and in a limited time frame, after that, no one in the world is safe as death, destruction, and mayhem will result. Josephine is tasked w
Carly
Jun 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I really like this series, but this one was just okay. I didn't love Josephine and Malik, and I'm not sure why because there really wasn't anything wrong with them. Though I will always love when Luke makes an appearance, and I did enjoy seeing Valerie and Griffin again, those moments were few and far between. Overall it was fine, hopefully the next one is better.

Malik licked along her wrist again. Shivering, Josephine glanced back at him. His right hand held her wrist tightly against his mouth.
Lynsey A
This is the latest in Eden's Bad Things book. Based on the ending, I'm thinking she'll do at least one more for Merius and Celeste but not sure.

This one wasn't my favorite of the series (that will always be the first one, because, hello, Luke Thorne but I did enjoy it. I just wasn't as into the h and H in this book as in previous books. But still a good read.
Julia
Jul 28, 2018 added it
Shelves: throw-away-dnf
I love Ms Edens books but she adds so many outside elements and frustratingly stubborn characters that delay and interrupt the romance. It drive me fucking crazy!!! And its always so unnecessary. I may pick this back up later when I have more patience.
Karma♥Bites ^.~
**ARC provided via NetGalley**

RTC. Gotta sort out thoughts, especially b/c I jumped in at #8 of this series.

_______
27-Jul-2018: Huh. Clearly, I won’t be posting a review prior to publication. My reaction when...

...the NetGalley cover for this book snagged my eyes?
Oooohh, niiice! B/c I've been reading Ms. Eden’s books on & off for about a decade now.

...when I saw today’s email re: approval for this book?
Yeessss! (see above).

My reaction when I logged onto GR ... and realised that not only was book
Cassandra
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!! Yes, I received a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book! I bought this book and own the whole series! I need to get on the ball and read the ones I’ve missed in this series!

The cover is steamy and on fire!

This is the 8th book in the series, and it is for adults only due to the violence and steamy content. I haven’t read the whole
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review posted on Got Fiction? book blog

I love when Cynthia Eden writes Paranormal Romance, and this heroine was pretty sassy. Her heroines usually aren’t, so this was extra awesome. (her heroines are always smart, strong, enjoyable heroines, but sassy isn’t a word I’d typically associate with them). Josephine was pretty badass on top of it.

So Josephine. Super awesome vampiress, also paranormal assassin. Luke, now the ruler of the light things, calls her up to him. He has an angel who fell and Lu
Speed
Loved it! I have ABSOLUTELY nada...nothing bad to say about this book. Josephine Saint a vamp/Fey hybrid and Malik a fallen death angel, I mean it cannot get any better than this, Lol. Great story filled with action, deception, betrayal, death and that all consuming, take over all your senses love, that only Ms. Eden's characters can provide. Again we have Luke and his twin brother Leo messing around with fate but to hear Luke say it, it was all planned. I freaking love that angel, nothing can b ...more
Sue Asterio
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
This one was a hard no for me, long and boring. The romance is sooooo unbelievable, the H is OBSESSED with her and its seriously off putting and nonsensical I couldn't really get behind their romance. 2 stars because this book is written good, the author writes from different perspectives well and it was interesting, but after a while I just couldn't care less because the romance was annoying me. It is a shame since the heroine was such a likeable character with a good personality and this story ...more
Libby Harrison
Jul 24, 2018 rated it did not like it
Done with this author
Eva Millien
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Early Review! Saint or Sinner (Bad Things #8) Cynthia Eden!

Beware of Beauty…because she’s got the heart of a real beast.

Smart people—and monsters who know the score—fear Josephine Saint. The sexy vampire might appear to be a sensual temptation, but she’s a cold-blooded assassin. Mercy? Jo doesn’t know the meaning of the word. With each successful hunt, Jo slides one step closer to getting the promised prize that she’s coveted—her freedom. Long ago, Josephine made a deal with the devil, and n
Michele
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: priority, pnr, 0718, fantasy
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Saint or Sinner was a complicated, wild & crazy paranormal romance with a sumptuous–and highly unique–love match: a vampire assassin and a fallen angel. Sounds exciting, right? And boy was it ever!

I’m still fairly new(ish) to Cynthia Eden’s Bad Things series but I can absolutely see why fans love it. The plots are filled with twists and turns you don’t expect. The characters are lifelike and are truly interesting. And the world-bu
Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: h-s-i-love, bbf
Awesome sauce!
Josephine was a genuine badass, I loved her!!Malik was a Devoted with a capital D BBF, who has to be the sexiest virgin H I've ever read, I adored him and his complete devotion to Jo. A very twisty,turny, bendy plot with the end results I didn't see coming at all. This one reminded me of early Immortals After Dark books ,I was hooked! I think I know which couple is up next but at this point I don't care I just need more!!!!!
aicha
again, Cynthia Eden doesn't disappoint.
This is a still a favorite series of mine, i liked both MCs, this author never disappoints with her characters.
Even though this heroine was a total badass, Valerie is still my favorite heroine in this series, and Luke is my favorite hero, so it was nice seeing them again in this book.
Great book! can't wait for the next one!
Callie
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Saint or Sinner is the eighth novel in Cynthia Eden’s Bad Things series featuring badass vampire Josephine and fallen angel Malik. Being a long-time huge fan of both author and this series especially, I’ve had really high hopes for this book and I must say, Cynthia Eden has once again exceeded my expectations.

Josephine has had centuries of experience being a skilled vampire assassin, courtesy of a deal she made with the devil and all she needs is to fulfil her last mission before she is finally
Catherine Edward
Saint or Sinner is such a page turner. It kept me at an edge throughout. I just couldn't put it down. Bad things is one of my most favorite series from the author. Like every other book in this series, I enjoyed this one too. Maybe a bit too much. Lol. Who doesn't like a bad boy angel?

Malik, an angel has been watching over Josephine for over two centuries. Obsessed with her, he falls for her. But she's sent to hunt him down. When these two meet, the air is charged with sexual tension. Josephine
Limecello
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, library
Oh I liked this book. I'm wavering between 3 and 4 stars ... I ... think I'll go for 4 for now ...

I liked where Ms. Eden went with Mailk - and Josephine and the "I can touch you" right at the beginning when he sees her <3

I do think Josephine is way more/too nice to Malik that he deserves. She constantly saves her even when he doubts her. (Granted he saves her too - oof those glass shards.)

I want the his feathers turning into dust explained! I'm confused!

There's a lot LOT going on and a lot of se
Carmella
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book via NetGalley and am leaving my honest opinion.

Josephine is a Vampire and basically works as an Assassin. When a paranormal has gone rogue and is a danger she is sent to eliminate the problem. Once she has fulfilled her duty she will be free. Her last assignment is a fallen angel...one who will change her life.

Malik is the fallen angel and he took the fall for a very special reason. From the first time he ever saw Josephine he has felt that she was meant to be his
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

ENCHANTING, INTOXICATING, AND LOADED WITH THRILLS AND THE ETERNAL KIND OF LOVE! I am HIGHLY addicted to Cynthia Eden's Bad Things novels. Each one just gets better, sexier, darker. And Saint Or Sinner was the darkest yet! But in a VERY VERY good way. Josephine felt so much different than most previous heroines in this series. She is 100% tougher and 100% more kick a**! She is tough and sure knows how to take care of herself while Malik is something completely di
Victoria
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed it :)!

Cynthia is building a really vast world for us. I love that the veil is now represented. All the different paranorms keep increasing too. It looks like even more may be created ;).

So we have Luke at it again. It's funny how he's supposed to now be the Lord of the Light. Think he's having a few issues with that. And we have poor Leo who is having the darndest time with his transition to the Light. I'm sure it will all work out after a few centuries, ha ha.

Luke has called Jo
Whispers From
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Josephine is a vampire and an assassin and has one more kill before her deal with Luke is done. She has been around for hundreds of years. Malik is an angel who is obsessed with Josephine. When he falls, she must bring him upstairs ( to the good ) or kill him. If not then the darkness will take him over and nobody wants that. Malik can’t believe he can touch her after years of watching over her. There are a lot of people after them and it’s hard to tell who’s an ally or enemy. Malik will do anyt ...more
Paula
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Bad Things Series is continuing so, so well with Saint Or Sinner. Cynthia Eden has written a hit of a series that shows it can stay fresh and interesting, need I say addictive even after seven previous books. There are no creatures that she won’t tackle to give the reader their story.

Josephine Saint is a vampire which is not uncommon in paranormal books, but she is also a killer assassin. I thought that Valeria may be the big and bad female out there, but Josephine is a tie for that title.
Maggie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Saint or Sinner is a wonderfully written supernatural romance, with vampires, werewolves, angels, witches and fey, mix with kick a** vampire assassin Josephine and you have a story full of action and wonder. Josephine is sent by the devil to bring back Malik a fallen angel, if she fails to 'persuade' him to return she is to kill him, doing this would free Josephine from her servitude to the devil.
Malik has been watching over Josephine for centuries and has fallen hard for her. Their interaction
Christina C.
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved everything about this book! Fantastic hero and heroine. The next couple in the series sounds promising. At least I hope Cynthia Eden will continue the series... please!

A few of my fav quotes:

“I saw you, and I stopped caring about duty. I saw you, and I knew there was more to the world than just following orders. I saw you, and I knew I would do just about anything to have the chance to touch you.”

“You are the only thing I have ever dreamed about. And you have haunted my dreams for so l
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sentinel of Darkness (Darkness, #8)
  • Wolf's Mate (Crescent Moon, #7)
  • Darkness Rising (Darkness, #9)
  • Ancient Enemy (Ancients Rising #2)
  • A Very Dragon Christmas (Darkness, #8.5)
  • Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity, #13)
  • Ancient Protector (Ancients Rising, #1)
  • Guardian of Darkness (Darkness, #7)
  • Hour of Darkness (Hunter Legacy, #2)
  • Embers (Dark in You, #4)
  • Beyond the Darkness (Darkness, #3)
  • Guardian's Grace (Dark Protectors, #12)
  • Chosen Mate (Crescent Moon, #9)
  • Vixen (Dark Protectors #11.5)
  • Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • When He’s Dark  (The Olympus Pride, #1)
  • Hunting Danger (Redemption Harbor, #5)
  • Awaken the Darkness (Immortal Guardians #8)
Award-winning author Cynthia Eden writes sexy tales of contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and paranormal romance. She is a New York Times, USA Today, Digital Book World, and IndieReader best-seller. Since she began writing full-time in 2005, Cynthia has written over one hundred novels and novellas.

Cynthia lives along the Alabama Gulf Coast. She loves romance novels, horror movies, and chocol

Bad Things (8 books)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Bad Things, #1)
  • On the Prowl (Bad Things, #2)
  • Undead Or Alive (Bad Things, #3)
  • Broken Angel (Bad Things, #4)
  • Heart of Stone (Bad Things, #5)
  • Tempted By Fate (Bad Things, #6)
  • Wicked and Wild (Bad Things, #7)