Start by marking “If You Say So” as Want to Read:
If You Say So

If You Say So

A second-chance M/M novella about acceptance, bravery, and forgiveness.

Blake and I weren't always together. But, to be fair, we weren't always not together either.

It began innocently. We were friends, nothing more.

Then, two years ago, everything changed.

I noticed his stares. He noticed mine.

We weren't just friends anymore--we were a whole hell of a lot more than that.

And t
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 125 pages
Published May 22nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about If You Say So, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If You Say So

Start your review of If You Say So
Brina (Brina and the Books)
4 Stars

Read my full review of If You Say So here: Brina and the Books

When Teagan Hunter announced The Boyfriend's story, I was super excited. I was really looking forward to finally finding out how they both became a couple. But If You Say So was more than that. The novella is not only a glance at their past, it's a glance at their current lives and that is everything but happy.

Teagan Hunter put a lot of heart, emotion, and love into this story. The dual POV helped a lot in understanding both gu
Teagan Hunter
Jun 18, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars

This was a heavy and emotional read featuring an already established couple from a previous story, who have split up, but still love one another. Nate isn’t ready to give up on them, but Blake isn’t sure he can get past the mistake Nate made.

While this story was enjoyable, it wasn’t always an easy read, you could feel the tension and emotional turmoil between Nate and Blake coming off the pages at you. I’ll be honest, my heart broke for Nate, while I understand he was supposed to be the
Whoo Gives A Hoot
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
Teagan Hunter let me just begin by tell you that you made my day...my week...my year...when you announced that we were FINALLY getting the boyfriend's story! I have absolutely adored these two ever since first meeting them in We Are the Stars back when I read Carsen and Elliot's epic love story.

Let me just say that this was certainly NOT the story I was originally expecting, but oh my freaking goodness did I LOVE every second of it! The sexual te
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars — I really enjoyed this one!! It was a bit rough, starting the book with our main characters being split up, but I enjoyed getting glimpses of the past and seeing them work through their problems. It’s funny, b/c in another situation I could see this not working for me, so I’m not sure why I was immediately connected to both Blake and Nate. I guess I could feel their connection, I could feel their loneliness and despair, I could feel their regret…
Monique
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This novella is well worth the read. I love a good romance story in whatever form it takes. That sweetness of a first date and first kiss is precious. Nate and Blake have been besties since middle school and take it to a relationship by senior year. But things get in their way, parents fighting and school, and pressures of life, so they take time apart. Both have the ability to break each other’s heart but they need to communicate better to heal. I really enjoyed getting to know them better from ...more
X. Rhodes
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After reading We Are The Stars I fell in love with the boyfriends, Nate and Blake. Their comedic relief a dash of hopefulness in the story that was Elliot and Carsen. Bringing a light airy feeling when needed most.

That doesn’t stop in If You Say So, but this story is also one of pain and heart ache, about real life actions and the consequences of those actions.

What I love most about this story is how emotionally realistic it was. I can’t speak for anyone but the risks taken by each character is
Adricrisuruta
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story.
It was nice but also difficult to accompany these guys through their problems. Seeing that the bad communication was driving them away looking like there would be no happy ending was very sad.
But it is clear that love moves mountains and as they needed to improve they could communicate and solve their problems. It will not be an easy road because the depression is not overcome overnight but as long as they try together, it will be worth that road and they are both willing.
A ve
Jessica
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I adore Nate and Blake. I wish they could be my BFF's.

There is so much swoony goodness in this book. I smiled throughout my read. Sometimes in life you need a book to lighten life for you and this was that for me.
Rachel Rapp
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Unexpectedly sweet and enjoyable

Being completely honest, this was my first time reading a MM romance. As a heterosexual female, I had no idea what to expect. It was a sweet and, at time a sad story. It started off with a breakup and led me trough the pain and discomfort of the aftermath between two people drawn together despite their troubles. It was sad to see a couple who clearly loved one another and felt like best friends hurt each other. It was nice and sweet to ride with them coming back
Rachael
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
If You Say So is my first M/M book, and I'm so grateful I went on this journey with Teagan Hunter. Her writing appears effortless (which of course takes talent) and her characters are fun, deep and angsty. I love the story, the way Teagan shows and doesn't tell without it sounding overly-fluffed, but more matter of fact. I loved seeing both POVs and how a simple miscommunication can create a disaster. And I loved the love between Nate and Blake. ...more
Annie (Annie's Readingtips)
This is a gripping second-chance M/M novella about two best friends falling in love, but then falling apart and trying to find a way back to each other. It’s a story about acceptance, bravery, and forgiveness – of both yourself and the person who has hurt you.

Even though this story is only about a little more than 100 pages or so, it’s so full of emotions, grief, anger and (sexual) tension that it’s quite a heavy read. In short, it’s about Nate and Blake, who have recently broken up after being
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Best friends turned lovers… turned enemies? That isn’t how the story is supposed to go. If You Say So is a unique and realistic take on romance. This story includes characters from We are the Stars also by Teagan Hunter. This story is much more than a romance story. This is a MM story.
The plot of this book intrigued me. We met the main characters in the first book and they were amazing. We also got to see a little bit of their downfall as well. I felt invested in them before I even picked up If
Rebecca
May 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
If You Say So was my first read by Teagan Hunter and while it was only a novella, Blake and Nate’s emotional journey back to one another, told from both of their perspectives, introduced me to Hunter’s writing style and her ability to write a story filled with heart - one that provides her readers with an in-depth understanding of her characters and the situation(s) that they either created or found themselves in due to miscommunication and hurt feelings as well as the steps they take to mend th ...more
Carra
May 23, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a short, angsty second chance romance that I was able to finish in just a couple of hours. As the author has said, it does feature some characters from another one of her books, but you don’t need to have read it before starting this one (I didn’t—this is my first book by this author). I’m betting though that if you haven’t read that other book (We Are the Stars), you’ll probably want to just to get Carsen and Elliott’s story.

When this story starts out, Nate and Blake are not together af
susan
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 plus stars

Well, I was never one to read a M/M romance...., just wasn’t my thing. Anyway, after reading We are the Stars, I had to at least try. I loved everyone of Teagan’s books and have never been disappointed. This one didn’t disappoint either.

Nate and Blake are so cute. They have gone through so much as friends, growing up as best friends even double dated ( with girls, I might add). Now Nate realizes back when he was 18 that he is bi and Blake realizes he’s gay. I guess that’s what watchi
Jennifer Pierson
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I know that it says that you can read If You Say So on it's own, but I really recommend that you read We Are the Stars first, because I feel after doing that you will get more out of it. I'll get off of my soap box now & get on with it. This was a very emotional story that has me all kinds of wound up to be honest. See, Nate and Blake have split up because of a mistake on Nate's part, and usually, I'm all about blaming the one who made the big mistake, but for whatever reason, I'm not so black & ...more
Samantha Love HEA Romance Book Blog
This novella was certainly angsty and emotionally charged. Right from the start you are met by Blake who has so many conflicting emotions you can’t help but really feel for him. You can’t help but feel his uncertainty coming from the pages. I knew as soon as I read the first page that this book was going to hurt my heart.

Nate and Blake have been friends for pretty much their whole lives. But friendship started to give way to more and then all of a sudden they were going down a road they never w
Mary Dean
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** Some spoilers for We Are The Stars. And if you haven't read it, go read it now (it's awesome)! ***

Fans of We Are The Stars, here is the book we have been waiting for. Sure we fell in love with Carsen and Elliott. But we also fell in love Carsen's best friends since childhood Nate and Blake. They were the fun couple that made us all laugh. They were the humor and the support Carsen needed in his life before Elliott.
If You Say So shows a different side of them. The book starts out with them b
Samantha || Fictionally Sam
3 Stars
You can read my full review over at
Fictionally Sam.

Oh my goodness.

I completely fell head over heels in love with Nate and Blake. Having not read We Are The Stars yet but being a lover of Teagan Hunter from her other novels, I was super intrigued when everyone of my friends began jumping up and down exclaiming that they were finally getting the "boyfriends" story. So, in Sam like fashion, I just had to read it.

Oh boy did I read it.

I devoured this story in one sitting and then when I w
Tiffany Willams
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“How can you tell your heart to stop loving someone?”

Teagan has done it again with this wonderful story!!

Blake and Nate are two that I was so excited to read their book! This was Teagan’s first take on a M/M novel, and she did wonderfully!

This story takes you through friendship and love, along with heartbreak and acceptance.
What happens when two best friends slowly fall for each other, only to be torn apart by certain circumstances they never saw coming?

“One thing I know for certain, though,
Christine C
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We first met Nate and Blake in We Are The Stars, and they seemed to be begging for release into their own story.

And what a story it is!

We join the couple (Blate? Nake? Nah) a couple of months after they have broken up, but they are still living in the same house with their roommate, just in separate rooms now. They are tense and awkward, and it's painfully obvious to everyone that they both regret the split, but they are also both too hurt to do anything about it.

We get both their present-day s
Callie
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Teagan Hunter continues to be a Rom-Com Writing Queen! Her books are relatable, heartwarming, and sexy with a hint of sarcasm and a side of snark.

If You Say So is a standalone rom-com M/M novella that features Nate and Caleb who you first meet in We Are The Stars… this novella is a glimpse…a brief view…a tease…of their relationship. Break-ups are never easy when you are still in love, coping is hard when you know you messed up and taking a chance on forgiveness… can it be done?

If You Say So… an
Dani Hodge
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: may-2018-reviews
#IfYouSaySo #Nate&Blake #MM #Novella #TeaganHunter

This is the first book I have read by Author Teagan Hunter, but after this, I can honestly say it will not be the last! Nate and Blake's story is a short emotional read...but I LOVED every page. Although this can be read as a Standalone, I think it would be better to read We Are The Stars first, as Nate and Blake are introduced in that book. I will be reading that one next! Nate and Blake story just felt real, I think all would be able to relate
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A SUPERB novella that is OH SO HOT, BRILLIANTLY EMOTIONAL, AND IS COMPLETE PERFECTION! I love a good m/m romance. Especially one where we get Dual POVs that give us a inner depth into the characters feelings and mind. And in If You Say So I feel like we get a LOT more. We get a story that sweeps you off your feet and will make you smile, will make your heart clench and flutter and make you see love in its purest form in my opinion. I can't wait to read this nove
ANB kc
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tisha
I was sucked in to this book from the start. It’s different from the other Teagan Hunter books I’ve read, except that it mentions goats.
Nate and Blake were best friends for years before they became an “us.” Then they weren’t anything. And they both regret it, but they don’t know how to fix it.
I loved how easy this book was. Easy to get into, easy to like each character, easy to root for them… just so easy. There wasn’t angst and obstacles for the sake of filling pages. It was one of the most n
2kasmom
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: best-friends, college
Blake needs space and time from his boyfriend, who also happens to be his best friend. How do you tell someone that without making them feel it is their fault? They will have to break up for a time.

Nate is crushed when his boyfriend tells him he needs space. How will they work it out? Then the unthinkable happens and they both are in pain. Now they have to find their way back to one another.

This was a short and sweet story about best friends. I loved that all they thought about was each other. I
Heather Navarre
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book.

I was so mad at Blake and Nate--like hello talk it out already.

My favorite part I think was when Mateo was over and he was talking about how they look at one another. When he says "You look at him like he's your air, like you need him in your life to keep you alive, like he's the last piece of every puzzle you've ever tried to put together but couldn't quite get right. He does the same thing right back." Those lines had me reeling--how someone could be so observant and how
Stacy Hamm
Jan 22, 2019 rated it liked it
This wasn't my first experience with a M/M book, but I will admit that I was a little apprehensive. The twosome, Nate and Blake, were first introduced in We Are the Stars and I felt their story hadn't come full circle and needed closure. Their relationship drama (or lack thereof) continued and was the main focal point of this short novella, which felt a bit daunting at times.

There was a real moment, however, that resonated with me on so many different levels. One of the characters says, "... I
R
May 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Blake and Nate have been friends for a long time. They went from best friends to lovers. Loving the life they had and the friends they made.

Now, a couple of years later they are broke up but still living together. Blake felt the relationship was off but didn't know why. When he asks for time to figure it out, Nate does something unforgivable.

Nate's mistake, Blake’s depression, all lead to them finding their way back together. A short sweet story about taking a chance on the person you love.

Rev
« previous 1 3 next »

• A Kaleidoscope of Butterflies
  • He Made Me Stay
  • Epic (Him, #2.5)
  • Hood River Rat (Hood River Hoodlums, #1)
  • His Favorite Player (Portland Piranhas #1)
  • Classified (The Elite, #3)
  • Need for Speed (The Elite, #2)
  • Finding His Unicorn
  • Without You
  • Full House (Stacked Deck, #4)
  • His Christmas Cookie
  • Breaking News (Prime Time, #2)
  • XOXO, Santa
  • Risk
  • Never a Saint (Polished P & P, #2)
  • The Billionaire's Christmas Baby: A Holiday Single Dad Romance
  • Married in the Mountains (Camp Hardwood, #1)
  • The Color of Summer
I’m a Missouri-raised gal, but currently live in South Carolina with my Marine veteran husband. I spend my days begging him for a cat, and I survive off coffee, pizza, and sarcasm. When I’m not writing, you can find me binge-watching various TV shows, especially Supernatural and One Tree Hill. I like cold weather, buy more paperbacks than I’ll ever read, and I never say no to brownies.