Start by marking “What Your Soul Already Knows” as Want to Read:
What Your Soul Already Knows

What Your Soul Already Knows

We live life like automatons, moving with reckless inattentiveness through the preset motions. We have lost touch with our inner selves, the self that has all the answers, that is imbued with the natural balance of joy and productivity. What have we forgotten? What have we lost to this mechanical lifestyle?

The secrets to joy, aren’t secrets at all. They aren’t being whisp
Published May 27th 2018 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about What Your Soul Already Knows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Your Soul Already Knows

James Hartley
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting, well-written, inspirational book about how to try to find happiness in normal, everyday life, and the peace and contentment that comes with such realisations.
Farook is about to start work as a GP at a Seychelles Hospital and stories from her med school training pepper and enlighten the text.
Im not a great fan of this type of book but I cant fault the writing - Farook has a nice poetic touch which bodes well for her upcoming collection of poetry. I think Id have liked a
Assia
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received the book from the author, Dr Salma Farook and I want to thank her for that. I don't read a lot of self-help, self-development books, but I enjoyed this one (I don't know if the book fits into the category of a self-help book though). Anyway.
It's a very short book, everyone can read it in one sitting but I wouldn't recommend that.
I think to truly enjoy this book, you need to read only one or two chapters a day. That's it. Because these chapters although short (but have the essentials)
Stephanie (Bookfever)
First of all I want to thank the author Salma Farook for giving me the chance to read and review her book "What Your Soul Already Knows." And holy crap, it was a brilliant read. At this point while I'm writing my review I'm both at a loss for words and wanting to say so much because it's been a while since a book has touch me this deeply. But I shall try my best.

So it's not a secret that I love nonfiction. Last year it was my most read genre but I've never actually read this kind of nonfiction.
Kristina Stefanova
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone looking for the alphabet of happiness
Wise, beautiful and eye-opening. Will re-read.

This book is pure inspiration. The "mantras" you will find inside will challenge your search for self-discovery.

It includes explorations, practical tips, little stories, games and beautiful quotes that challenge you to start doing what you already know you have to do. There's even a financial management topic!

It's composed of 26 chapters, which are meant to boost your self-growth, productivity and happiness. They are attitude, bafflement, contemplati
walkingfortheloveofbooks
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was given this Ebook, in exchange for an honest review.

From Authors Notes "We started with reconnecting with the inner child in ourselves and the benefits of feeling lost. We trekked through different aspects of positive living ranging from forgiveness to resilience and cumulatively landed on setting concrete life goals".

This little self help book is remarkably well set out. The author, herself, has stuck to a universal language that I feel even YA's can pick up and not get confused on. Althou
Reem
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ecopy of this book from the author for an honest review.

What your soul already knows is a positive self-development/ self-help book that is fast paced ( you can literally read it in one sitting), the chapters are short and the author gets to the point pretty fast.
She also starts every chapter with a quote that gives you an idea of what she’s going to talk about and it’s also one of my favorite things about this book
Now I rated it 4.5 stars because
- I don’t read nonfiction, because
Bridge
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got access to the preview copy of the book through a friend. I'm so glad that I got it. This book came to me in a time when I needed it the most. It's really awesome, reflective. It it a powerful reminder for self-belief and a guide to living life fearlessly.

This is a key to unlock your ultra-instinct and to become more intuitive, to be in touch with your own self that knows it all. This book has lots of good examples and metaphors that makes it easy to understand.

It is both introspective and
Ipsita
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What your soul already knows’ (WYSAK): A – Z : The Complete Guide to Intuitive Happiness and Powerful Resilience
Author – Dr. Salma Farook
Genre – Non-fiction/Self-help book
Page Count – 98 ( e-book )
Source – Review Copy sent by the author
mybookishvibes rates – ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐/ 5

Check the full review on my blog-

A mesmerizing and provoking book about journey of strength, resilience, kindness, positive attitude and forgiveness for the improvement of our thoughts and mind
Jessica  ♥
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Thank you Dr. Salma Farook for sending me a copy of the book for an honest review! The book is highly inspirational and a well-deserved 3.5 🌟s!

The cover and the title are great! I love how the book is really talking about what our souls already know but just need a gentle reminder of, and it’s cool to arrange the qualities from A to Z. I enjoy reading Power , Vision and Meditation in particular! I also agree with Unity that it is wise to keep our circle small, and that a handful great fri
Jenn
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I was provided a free copy of What Your Soul Already Know by the author in exchange for an honest review.

I thought What Your Soul Already Knows was a decent introduction to self-help and spirituality; it wasn't necessarily for me, as I have done a lot of work in that vein.

However, I thought there were some really bright parts of What Your Soul Already Know, I particularly liked the setup, the ABCs of personal development/self-help. My favorite chapters were Meditation and You. I wished they wer
Mugdha Mahajan
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it

" It is the lost who wander and only the wanderers discovers new shores."

So this is my second self help read of the year and I'm amazed that how easily I was able to read the book and get inspired from it. This is another great self help book written by Dr. Salma Farook which is based on various qualities which we should inculcate in our daily lives. It's a very short read but the chapters will leave an impact on you and leave you with positivity and motivation. An A to Z guide to findi
Pari
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author tries to provide her insight on living a comprehensive, healthy and fulfilling life. She throws light on some of the life events that made her contemplate on her inner self and well -being. The book is her effort to connect with the people of the mechanized world system who are moving away from the knowledge that their soul already knows – “the natural balance of joy and productivity”.

Some of the themes discussed like contemplation, attitude, frugality and sensitivity had positive me
Bluefairybooks17
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
"when we pause to contemplate, all of our problems are simply our privileges in disguise" -What Your Soul Already Knows
To be honest, i never read any self help book ever in my life but i find myself reading this book very enjoyable.
The main points of this book revolves around finding true happiness and self development in a very engaging and relatable manner as well as on a personal level from the author's experiences that makes readers contemplate and reflect on their life.
"You are not an oc
BookOfCinz
I received a copy of this book from the author. I had some reservations because I generally feel a little pressured to give a resounding review to a book when I receive it from the author. I am happy to report, this book is actually really good. Even though it is a short read, it packs so many valuable information.

The book offers 23 ways to get to happiness, of them, as the title suggests, your soul already knows, others, it might be new to. The author offers practical steps on a wide range of
Huma Rashid
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got this book for free but I always take pains to leave an honest and objective review. I’m very very familiar with this genre, and I’ll be the first to tell you that soooo many of the books in it are boring and dry, or so cloying and cheesy and cringeworthy. Not so of this book! It’s written with tremendous warmth and kindness, and no judgment, but it thankfully spares us of that New Age summer child whimsical nonsense. It was lovely, engaging read and I was sad to finish it. It felt like a l ...more
Nivedithaa
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never been into philosophy a lot .. but by some luck I got an early copy of this book.. to simply say it was inspiring is an understatement. 26 simple yet powerful ideas or views (I won't call it an advice , because advises are always boring) that can easily alter the way you r leading your life and add up to the happinesses and fulfilment that you r already feeling . Very well written by Dr.Salma farook.. the book feels just right
Kate Powers
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was simply lovely. So thoughtfully written and inspiring. I loved every little chapter. Definitely something I need to re-read when my soul forgets what it already knows again (especially the “Refusal” and “Temerity” chapters).

And the about the author section made me laugh:
Although adept at observing tiny quirks in people and fascinated with the mechanics of human relationships, she regularly pushes doors that very clearly say PULL.
Vanessa Joe
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got a preview copy of this book. What are the little things we could do that make huge changes in our happiness? 26 lovely answers, in alphabetical order! Will be reading this again!
ellymate
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all, I'd like to thank the author Salma Farook for giving me a copy of this book to read.

I must say that it was the first time this happened to me and I was a little reluctant in accepting it since I've actually never considered reviewing a book, I mainly just write down my own thoughts regarding the experience I've felt while reading and I had no idea if I was a proper candidate for the task. (Which is exactly what I'll do, write down my thoughts.)

In the beginning I had mixed feelings
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Review : What The Soul Already Knows
The A to Z Complete Guide To Intuitive Happiness And Powerful Resilience (2018)
By Dr Salma Farook
👍 First of all I would like to thank the author @salma.farook for such an amazing self help book that reached me at a time when I most needed it.
👍 This book is well planned and well composed. I love how it is well edited (it matters a lot and it makes a lot of difference).
👍 The whole book is divided into 26 well concised chapters with each chapter aptly named
Shahana Bibi
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, reviews
"It is good to concentrate on the bigger picture, but it is better, to do so while taking joy in the pixels that make it up."
- What Your Soul Already Knows, Dr. Salma Farook

So self help books are not really my first picks, but I am widening my horizons in the genre department. 'What your soul already knows' was my 2nd self help read and I absolutely loved it. The ebook was sent to me by the author in exchange of an honest review.
The book has chapters related to all aspects of life. From gratit
Nine
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first self help book I’ve ever read and I’m surprised I actually like it. I hadn’t had any expectations only hope this book wouldn’t turn in something super deep and spiritual. I’m glad I was wrong. If I had to compare it with something that would be a child. It felt so genuine and written with love that you can almost feel the good vibes radiating from it. It’s like the grown up author has a hidden child soul who found how to be happy and want to share this knowledge with the world. ...more
A.handful.of. books
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reading the book “What your soul already knows” by Dr . Salma Farook is like taking a dive into your own soul. You won’t discover new secrets or some breakthrough knowledge. Personally I don’t believe that these things exist. The writer is honest with you. She tells you things you already know but you have forgotten. The truth is that in this time and age we are all trying hard to deal with the hardships of life and sometimes we fail.

Why is that? Because the trick to life is simple: dig into yo
SAMVEDNA
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
The book, as it says is a reminder, about everything we already know. We Know, but we fail to exercise. We know, but somewhere on the stage of life we fail to perform or perhaps we are concerned about the audience/social outcome, which in turn restricts our actions. Stopping us from doing what's right, and we do what's socially more acceptable.

It's delicately crafted with apt examples, at the right places, at the right time.
Ms. Farook has done a marvellous job in filling the gaps which our actio
Emily
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an incredible book!! I am on a bit of a high after reading it. Dr Salma Faro has such a beautiful gift! I’m so grateful to her (and to her encouraging husband) for following inspiration, for this book is inspired. It is full of reminders of all we have to be grateful for and that we can rejoice in all circumstances. We can find peace and even joy in ALL we experience, the great and even those experiences we may view as not so great. We can be happy because of them, not in spite of them. Can ...more
Geeta Thakkar
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
An extremely well written book. If you guys have been following me for a while, then you already know that I love self help books.
But this is one of those books that everyone must read. The book has chapters titled from A to Z with real life examples and amazing quotes all up-to the point. Which means you are really gonna takeaway many things from this book.
The personal examples by the author just made everything more relatable and touched my heart.
The chapters are small and I couldn't believ
Amanda
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***Note: I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review***
This short book was timely for me because it reminded me of the important things in life at a period when I was feeling stressed and down. The author has many useful life hacks that made me reflect and ponder.
My favourite of these is: ‘As a dear Friend once told me, the aim is progress, not perfection. Try to be better today than yesterday. Consistent work has more power than inconsistent, immaculate work. So don’t beat
Nandhini Rajaraman
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Soul inspiring! That's what I would say.This is the first book by Salma farook I have read and I'm luck to have got the early copy of this book. And to simply say it was fascinating and motivating is an understatement.26 easy and simple thoughts to improve our lifestyle..moreover it's a makeover you could do in a blink of an eye and a little thought perhaps. All through the book, the constant thought running through my mind was " why haven't I already thought about it?". We may come across many ...more
Laurel
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive this book free in exchange for an honest review. I figured it would be a drag. I was SO wrong. It is a short easy to read book that could be titled: “how to love your life” or “tips to be happy and whole”. I could go on! This book should be mandatory for all teens struggling with the question:”what to do with my life?” It is about focusing on what really matters in life and basic steps to become content.
All of ya come to a point in our life that we struggle. This b
Jeeva
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best! I never thought I would complete a philosophy or self help book cover to cover, but once I started reading the early copy of this book, it was definitely a page turner. Short stories, inspiring little words, not too long or complicated to pause and come back again. Great work by the author. Loved it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Salma Farook was born in Seychelles to two ‘very Indian’ parents. She grew up on the islands and went on to complete Med-school in India. She believes the scenic beauty of the Seychelles and the cultural impact of one of the world’s oldest civilisations gave her the best of both worlds.

“It is truly ironic that a four-hundred tonne aluminium monster floats so effortlessly through the sky, and only the five-year-old thinks to say, "Wow!” 6 likes
“The secrets to joy, aren’t secrets at all. They aren’t being whispered. You are just not listening loudly enough to the wisdom of your inner voice.” 5 likes