Start by marking “Liquid Reign” as Want to Read:
Liquid Reign

Liquid Reign

Liquid Reign is a work of speculative fiction, Imagineering a fairly liveable future in 2051, neither dys- nor utopian. Daniel‘s odyssey is guided by a post-singularity extended intelligence, travelling through the virtual and solid reality of an anarchistic high-bandwidth democracy. Melting the boundaries between science and fiction into a novel format, each chapter provi ...more
Mass Market Paperback, Version 1.0, 468 pages
Published May 7th 2017 by Independent

To ask other readers questions about Liquid Reign, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liquid Reign

Peter Koenig
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a novel with a vision of life in 2051, with many life aspects including the money system thoroughly thought through, tracking backwards from then to today. What's fascinating is that although at the start this may feel like a weirdo's fantasy, at the end of each chapter there are links showing that all the futuristic things being described are actually being worked upon now. ...By half way through the book, Bitcoin started feeling to me like a historical dinosaur! A recommended read.
Jonas Kuhn
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm only 20% through this book, so don't blame me if the quality changes later.

However, I can not hold myself back in recommending this book to all futurists, technologists and everyone who likes to think about how we could potentially tackle some of our big societal problems.

In short and easy to read chapters, Tim develops an intriguing story line of a coma-patient waking up years in the future, who gets to know and explore all those big ideas and technological advancements that happened since
Mykle
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A couple different friends said the same thing to me about this book: it's not very good, but you should definitely read it! By which they meant, and I agree, that the storytelling is a bit stiff but the ideas are super interesting and fun to think about. This is often the case with "hard SF," and I often lose patience with such stuff, so I picked up this book not expecting to finish it.

Surprise! It's actually kind of a page-turner, in which a Rip-Van-Winkle coma victim searches the future for
Martin R
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Liquid Reign is a page turner. Took me four (short) nights only.

I loved every part of it. It’s entertaining, in its fiction part. It’s instructive, on the science part. It’s provoking, as a social/political experiment. It’s creative as well, especially some of its visual descriptions. The description of the visualisation of data, when the character explores the connections between voting patterns and closeness... if only it was already here.

There’s lots of references to existing anticipation wo
Jonathan Stoffel
Dec 30, 2018
Tim Reutemann
May 23, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Dekreno