Start by marking “The Music of Love” as Want to Read:
The Music of Love

The Music of Love

Sometimes the music of love skips a beat….

Paralegal by day, musician by night, Julian has an expiration date stamped on his forehead when it comes to love. No relationship has made it past a year, so Julian avoids romance like the plague and concentrates on his music instead.

Which works fine until gorgeous, smart, and funny Zachary joins Julian’s firm. One look at the man
Published June 19th 2018 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Music of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Music of Love

Start your review of The Music of Love
Truuss / Loveislovereview
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, m-m
I loved it that both men had their specific peculiarities and habits and I loved it that this stayed strong throughout the whole journey.
It was a long and wide story. It had a lot of drama, really a lot! But... it had purpose because it made them grow.

Julian never reach longer than a year with relationships, on the date or nearby the date he just get dumped. Every time he falls deeply in love and every breakup hurts him and make him flee... literally. So he made up his mind... no more getting
CrabbyPatty
Julian is a late 20's paralegal who ends up working an involved class action suit with Zachary, an early 20's newly-hired paralegal / law school student. Zachary is pretty much instantly smitten by Julian, but Julian is gun-shy since his last 3 relationships imploded shortly before the one-year mark and enlists his best friend / band mate Gabe to pose as his boyfriend to discourage any romance with Zachary.

I like the premise of the fake boyfriend and went into this story preparing to like the
Carra
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Normally when I read the synopsis for a book and I can see there will be a character who will be setting themselves up for self-sabotage (in this case, Julian), I tend to skip it since those types of scenarios in a story frustrate me to no end. But something about this one still said “read me” to me, even though I knew I’d be putting up with some frustration.

And yes, Julian was exasperating with his “none of my relationships have lasted past a year, so why bother getting serious” attitude. He
Becca
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a story. So full of emotion. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or what half the time. I wanted to shake both the MCs and at the same time hug them or something. Shew. It was up and down.
Julian has been leary of relationships for a while. Each ex has told him he’s either not worth it, lied to him about other stuff or just plain left him...for a woman. It’s been one thing after another. So when Zachary shows up to his house to go over paperwork for the law firm they work for, Julian is
KristyAnne Norton
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Music of Love by Sandine Tomas was a very good Contemporary romance. There were a few things that I could have done without, but there were also things I enjoyed. This story is told from Julian’s POV. Julian works as a paralegal to pay the bills and is a songwriter and musician by night. His true passion is his music, but he finds himself working sixty-plus hours a week doing a job that he doesn’t necessarily enjoy but is very good at. Julian grew up in Texas. However, three disastrous ...more
JoAnna G
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*~*~*4 What What Stars*~*~*

Oh my gosh this book was just so, everything. I loved it. Loved all the squishy love feels. I just loved everything about it. There was a lot going and we have some drama, but we love drama or we wouldn't read it. I loved the premise of this book. I love rock stars and I thought that's what I was getting and I did to a point but not really. I got a man you have a job to get by an pay his bills. He's a paralegal that sees music. Weird right? Not really it was great.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

3.75 Stars

Ugh, I’m so torn because I absolutely loved both Julian and Zachary, well, when I didn’t want to strangle one or both of them. I loved watching them fall in love and I really liked that even before the first half of the book they were an established couple, but this story had WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA!! It’s so anxiety-ridden, that I had to actually step away. It was either walk away for a bit and breathe or take a Xanax.

I love established couples, and while Zach and Julian meet at the
Mary Mary
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
It was a really good, entertaining read!

I can recommend it to people who like complicated stories with a happy endings :)
It's impossible not to fall in love with Zachary and Jules, even though they have BIG problems with communication and that leads to a lot of drama. All the time! From the very beginning. Yes, they are a little bit annoying. Yes, I think they move too fast. In the same time I miss them already and I finished this book yesterday. I got used to them, accepted their
Ashley
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Please note: I read an advance copy of this story.

No spoilers in the first paragraph:

Sandine has created a story around interesting and complex fully-developed characters that makes you want to keep reading right to the end and leaves you wanting more. I didn't want to put the story down! She made me care about them. It was a rollercoaster, but one I happily went along with.

Spoilers in the following review:

Because this story made me care about the characters, Julian's unrelenting self-doubt
Cat
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Unique Perspectives and Interesting Characters

The Music of Love is as fun as it is frustrating. Complex main characters, wide assortment of secondary characters, and told from Julien’s point of view, there are many great aspects and a few not-so-great, but all in all, I enjoyed this read!

I was sucked in from the very beginning, which is a scene that I won’t even begin to describe, but which made me laugh heartily at the sheer realism of the situation. Julien is a character with the ability to
Elizabeth Wilfong
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boy meets boy…boy loses boy…boy regains boy and then lives happily ever after…Not so fast!

Sandine Tomas intensifies the standard rom-com story by giving Julian and Zachary more than superficial challenges in their relationship. Starting with one of the grossest meet-cute scenes I’ve ever read, her characters surprised me with unconventional yet endearing quirks and real-life dilemmas that required them to experience emotional growth before achieving their happy ending. That character development
Teri
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great read! One of the things that really draws me in to a story is characters and situations feel real - they have ups and downs, it's not a straight shot to happiness. I wanted Julian and Zachary to be together - mistakes were made, feelings were hurt - but ultimately love won out.

Sandine Tomas' writing is crisp and her dialogue is wonderful, so believable, which is also something else that keeps me involved in a story. I couldn't stop reading until Julian and Zachary got their happily
Sarah Wilfong
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very fun read! No romance is complete without mix-ups and misunderstandings, and this story has them in spades. The writing is colorful and engaging, and the characters are wonderfully human, flaws and all. As a former touring musician, I can vouch for the authenticity of the descriptions of life on the road, and how that lifestyle can be a strain on relationships. Julian possesses a high level of insecurity and creates a lot of drama in his life, but I can also vouch for musicians having both ...more
Aubrey Gelpieryn
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well-developed RELATABLE characters, a great love story and a knack for hilarious snippets, Sandine Thomas has written a spectacular first book. It's a quick read, perfect for a day at the beach. As someone living in DC, I loved the little references to the local area. A must-read for anyone- regardless of whether or not they're familiar with the genre. There's something for everyone in The Music of Love.
Amy Tasukada
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
video review can be found here https://youtu.be/OqwUuIVP5Wg
Lori
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is a love story at its core. It’s about an all-consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other type of love. It’s not about a fake boyfriend ruse (per the synopsis), that was so little of what this story was about. It’s about two people who fall deeply in love almost at first sight.

Julian has been deeply hurt in past relationships and wants no part of another one. But when he meets Zachary, his looks, personality and charm are so lovable, Julian doesn’t trust himself to resist. His answer?
Morgan  Skye
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
This just wasn’t my cup of tea. I was really attracted to the blurb. I love books about music and throw in some hidden identity and fake boyfriend… YES!

But that really isn’t the main thrust of this and most of this is a lot of drama and angst which I just didn’t get too wrapped up in.

I’ve definitely read some reviews of folks who loved this, and the writing and character development were really good, but it just didn’t appeal to me. I recommend looking at other reviews if the blurb strikes your
Adrienne
Chris
Aug 08, 2018
Emily
Aug 11, 2018
Eolia
rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2019
Jul 18, 2018
Lucy
Jul 24, 2018

• Auctioned (8392, #1)
  • Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Better Not Pout
  • Love and Payne (THIRDS Universe, #1)
  • Loving a Warrior (Loving a Warrior #1)
  • Threepeat (Secrets, #3)
  • Out in the End Zone (Out in College, #2)
  • Who We Were
  • Safe Place (Rainbow Place, #2)
  • Goal Line (Harrisburg Railers #6)
  • Crossroads (Skins, #3.5)
Sandine Tomas grew up an unapologetic bookworm, making friends with characters from the ancient past to the farthest reaches of the universe. Her career as a marketing writer has given her insight into the divergence between what a person thinks they want and what they truly need.

Relationships are at the heart of her writing, and she enjoys creating characters who become so real that their