Start by marking “Volition (Noah & Tessa's Story #1) A Uniform & Lace Romance” as Want to Read:
Volition (Noah & Tessa's Story #1) A Uniform & Lace Romance

Volition (Noah & Tessa's Story #1) A Uniform & Lace Romance

Freshly divorced, Navy aircraft electrician Tessa Christy is ready to embrace her newfound freedom on her six month deployment to Iceland. While working toward a coveted promotion, Tess breaks the tedium by rocking the single life: making new friends, partying, and hooking up with a hot guy or two.

The last thing Tess wants or expects is to meet someone… irresistible. Unatt
Published June 5th 2018 by Tina Maurine

Be the first to ask a question about Volition (Noah & Tessa's Story #1) A Uniform & Lace Romance

Start your review of Volition (Noah & Tessa's Story #1) A Uniform & Lace Romance
Badass Bloggettes
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
It looks like this is a debut book by Tina Maurine. I enjoyed the experience for the most part. I was a little confused when it ended on a cliffhanger. However, that is my fault for not reading the warning on Goodreads. I don’t read reviews for ARCs I receive until I read the story. I don’t want anyone’s opinion to influence me. I thought Volition was a series of military romances, each book ending with a happy for now or an HEA. What I don’t know is how many books are planned for Noah and Tess’ ...more
Dimple
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Volition: a Uniform & Lace Romance

Tina Maurine

4 stars

This was my first book by Muarine and I'm ready for the next installment.

Tessa has had her fair share of adventurous encounters with men but none more impactful than the one man she can't get out of her head. She moves on, joins the military and even gets married, which sadly ends as quickly as it begun. Disillusioned, her next mission comes right on time.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
This is a good first book by a new author. The military base setting in Iceland is different. Tessa's lifestyle is wild and fun with a little "office rivilary" to add to the mix. Noah is hot and mysterious. The start is a little slow but the second half of the book moves at a steady pace.

I didn't expect the cliffhanger (my fault as I didn't read the note by the author) and I'm not sure how many books or their expected release date will be.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes
Brandy Roberts
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought Volition was a interesting story that drew me in to the story it would be the first one that I have read by Tina Maurine and I know it wont be my last .I really thought that the characters were intriguing with some quirks that had me falling for them . So excited to see whats to come for this new author for me .
Jennifer Pierson
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Volition is my first book by Tina Maurine, and boy it won't be my last, especially since I need more of Tessa and Noah ASAP! See, I was left on a cliffy, and even though I was given a warning, it still doesn't take the sting away, so I must add Ms. Maurine to the list of authors trying to KILL ME DEAD, and hash tag her #EVILWHORE forevermore! With that out of the way, let's see if I can break my feelings down a bit, because I'm not giving a lot of the plot away, as it's much better going in blin ...more
Gin
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! The prologue set the stage for this debut book with a military theme and sexy characters. Nicely written with an interesting Navy culture and location details along with the wonderful characters, main and secondary. Tessa had a strict upbringing with dictated some of her wilder actions when she had a chance to let loose. She joins the Navy to "fly" and move away from her family difficulties. She meets Ren on her last night at home and they have instant chemistry and hook up. Then it's off t ...more
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a new author to me and I will be reading more from her. Ok, I have to say the book started out kind of slow for me but once it got into the heart of the book I was hooked. Freshly divorced Tessa in essence goes wild while being within the limits of the Navy. She meet a mystery man on the frozen
outskirts of Iceland. Noah adds a sexual intensity to the story. But with that he brings a little (or in Tessa case it would be big) complication to their little love affair. Will she wait on him
Jamie Chomyc
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!! What a fantastic book!! This is Noah and Tessa's story and what a story it is!! Noah is HOT and oozes sex appeal and has great lines!! Tessa is beautiful and has a ton of attitude she shows that women can kick ass as well as any man can!! She even has a female co-worker that she has made an enemy of who is out to destroy her!! This book has some twists and turns that at times had me LOL and at others dropping a few f-bombs!! Will they get their happy ending?? You will have to read the book ...more
Jude Ouvrard
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I must say that Noah is the type of character I love in a book. He brings sex appeal, action, good lines and he’s so book boyfriend material.
Paired with Tessa, Noah found his match. She has attitude, shows that women can kick ass too and she has a good story to tell.

Maurine has a beautiful writing, words are flowing and the passion she shares with words is easy to see as a reader.

Two thumbs up..
Wendy Livingstone
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, and I will certainly be reading more of her work. Tessa is newly divorced, and is embracing the single life. When she is deployed to Iceland for 6 months, and meets sexy Noah. I loved all of the humorous banter between the characters. I was hooked and intrigued throughout, and cannot wait to read the next book in this amazing series. I recommend this authors’ work for all romance readers.
Natalie Weston Book Club Gone Wrong
Noah and Tessa are the kind of couple I like to pull for.

Girl meets boy, girl falls for boy, boy is gone. Then by chance they meet again and the sparks fly.

I really liked Noah right from the beginning. He's mysterious and sexy and oh so hot!

Tessa is a strong, sassy character.

I found this book slow to get going, but hang in there because it definitely gets going.

All in all this was a good story.
Written In Red Book Blog
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kim
This book was amazing.
Noah and Tess were a great couple. I was on their side from the beginning. I love the banter that Tess has with her friends. I am hoping for more on this couple.
This was a first read for me by this author and I can't wait to read more of her books!
Anne
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Steamy

I found the story took a bit to get going, but once it did, I couldn't get enough of Noah and Tess. This is no fairytale romance. It gets hard and gritty, much like real life. I can't wait to see how it all works out for them.
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

This was my first book by Muarine and I'm ready for the next installment.

After her divorce, she's living the single girl barrack life in the beautiful, but freezing Iceland when a mystery man enters her li
LaGina
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Being from a military town I love to read any story that deals with it. Volition was very interesting and it really made me went to sit and read it all in one sitting. I love when new to me author can grab my attention and hold it till the end of the story.
Bec
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is great.
It has a bit of everything to satisfy your needs!

I refuse to spoil it in any way, so just do yourself a favour and grab the story..
You’ll love where it goes 😉
Lana Campbell
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was impressed by this military romance. I haven't read anything like this, but the love story drew me in.
The heroine, Tessa is a young twenty-something girl in the navy and is doing a tour in Iceland. During her time there she meets a gorgeous, blue-eyed guy named Noah who she gave her virginity to during a one night stand three years ago. Now she gets to know him and realizes he is her soul mate.
Noah has a host of baggage. Recently an ex he thought he was in love with contacts him and tells
Rainelle
Jul 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I have to give this book a 5*, because it was so good. Page after page kept me at the edge of my bed reading. The suspense is provided just enough to intrigued me. The romance and erotic was awesome. My only bad review is that Noah should have introduced earlier in the book. Holding him back was upsetting. Alway introduces the lead characters early in the book. Readers like to follow the characters through the book. I voluntary reviewed this ARC after receiving a free gifted copy.
J.M. Ralley
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
OMG. This book is a true page turner. It’s been a while since I’ve read a book this quick. At first I wondered how the first few pages were needed, but then as I read on it became obvious. The characters are great, the sexual tension between them is strong enough to get you horny. What more do you want?
Then I finished it and now can’t wait for the next installement
Kristi
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tessa is embracing her single girl lifestyle on her six month deployment in Iceland, but living the work hard play hard motto is difficult for a woman in a boy's club. Tessa is an outgoing beautiful woman who has caught more than one guy's attention and rumours spread like wildfire in close quarters. She has made an enemy in a female coworker who has made it her goal to make Tessa's life a living hell. A sexy night of dancing with a mystery man brings Noah into her life. What she doesn't realize ...more
Angela
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
There is lots of military description and detail that add to the realism of this story, and the reader gets a taste of Iceland with the Icelandic speaking Dane. The insta-love between Tessa and Ren in the prologue is not revisited until the second half of the book where the pace picks up and we finally get to experience the romance of Tessa and the renamed Red (now called Noah). For those who enjoy a HEA romance that ties up neatly at the end, this might not be the story for you as the book ends ...more
Joshua Grffith
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great story

A great start to an intriguing series. The story revolves around Tessa as she decides to join the military but before she goes off she has an intense one night stand, little does she know that she will meet up with him later in Iceland. Noah is a lost soul with a broken history and plenty of baggage that connects deeply with Tessa. There's plenty of drama and sexual passion that will keep you guessing if Tessa and Noah will stay together or not because they both are broken but Noah
Dorothea Lynne
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Volition is a steamy, star-crossed lovers type story. You will find yourself rooting for this couple. The author did an incredible job with the military detail in this story. Made it feel believable. The story has a suspenseful ending that leaves you wanting more. Looking forward to the next book in the series.
Elizabeth Eckert
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is not for the faint of heart! While this is a detailed, steamy romance novel, it has so much more! The detail is incredible and transplants you into the story. The writing is very, very well done! I was quite surprised at the complex plots intertwined with great flow and the intrigue along the way!Not my usual type of novel, but very well done!
Anthony Kohler
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Volition is a roller-coaster ride through one woman’s emotions from the night she chooses to lose her virginity anonymously, the night before she enters the Navy, to a time three years (and several relationships) later, when at a new duty station she meets the man of her dreams – or is it her nightmares?

Oh, he’s strong, built, well-endowed and all of that. What matters is that he connects to Tessa, almost instantly, on a level that she’s never experienced with anyone else. So what’s the problem?
Rebecca
Jun 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
In some ways, this book fits the bill for what romance readers love: perfect, beautiful people; instant attraction; and steamy, sexy love scenes (not my normal style, so I did skim through those parts). In other ways, it's more than the typical HEA romance. It's longer, and gives you the opportunity to get to know the characters better, and for them to get to know each other better. And the story doesn't end with with the final HEA; there's more to the story to unfold in follow-up books.

The plig
Louise Jackson
A really intense romance. Emotions run high throughout the whole book drawing you into this wonderful love story. Great character development, and while I don't always enjoy insta love, these two were perfect for it and each other, when a weekend dalliance turns into something a lot more.

Super writing from a talented author. The dialogue is brilliant on all levels and the setting descriptions brought Iceland to life in a fabulous way. Enjoyed every aspect except the cliffhanger, but at least th
Candy Varty
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story carries so much emotion. Lost and heartache that you care for each character like you know them. You want to cry laugh and scream. But the passion they find. OMG wow talk about steaming up the place. It is one of the best Military Romance books I have read in a very long time. I would recommend this book highly.
Very well written.
Cindy Davis
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story.
Tessa's experiences in the military in Iceland were unique and told with an energetic voice. Good use of details and dialogue. I was really drawn into the setting.
Tessa is happy go lucky and a bit wild--which is okay because she does eventually fall for Noah and settle down. A fun read.
T
Aug 18, 2018 rated it liked it
I seriously couldn't get through this book without a lot of skimming...a lot of skimming. This was not my cup of tea.

ARC for an honest review

• Viking Thunder (Viking Warriors, #0.5)
  • The Earl and The Enchantress (The Enchantresses, #1)
  • The Piper's Paramour (Lady Goosebury's Tales)
  • Duke Looks Like a Groomsman (The Footmen's Club, #2)
  • My Noble Knight (My Knight, #1)
  • Rattle His Cage (The Baxter Boys #4)
  • Shake, Rattle and Roll  (The Baxter Boys: Rattled #4)
  • Issued (Navy Seals of Little Creek, #1)
  • The Highlander's Forbidden Mistress (The Lairds Most Likely, #7)
  • Hollywood Heartbreaker (Hollywood Name Game Book 1)
  • Stealing a Rogue's Kiss (Connected by a Kiss Book 4)
  • When the Marquess Returns (A Legend to Love, #1)
  • The Return of the Disappearing Duke (Return of the Rogues, #1)
  • A Good Duke Is Hard to Find (Isle of Synne, #1)
  • Heart of Ashes (Hearts of the Highlands #1)
  • Seth's Secret (Cowboys of Cauldron Valley Book 8)
  • A Dash of Romance
  • The Wedding Dance (Four Weddings and a Fiasco, #2)
Tina Maurine is the gal on the sidelines at the party. The gal who smiles at everyone, but rarely initiates conversation; never the center of attention, but always taking notes on those who are. She loves watching people, their authentic responses to everyday occurrences and in turn has turned years of notes into fodder for her stories, an encyclopedia of emotions and character traits that come al ...more

News & Interviews