Start by marking “The Killed Conscience” as Want to Read:
The Killed Conscience

The Killed Conscience

Still at the beginning of her career, investigative journalist Emilee Weathers is desperate for the perfect story and doesn’t care how she has to get it. When she’s asked to assist in a convicted serial killer’s appeal, it almost seems the perfect story has come banging at her door.

But not long after arriving to the mountain town of Pigeon Forge, Emilee discovers the body
Published June 22nd 2018 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Killed Conscience, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killed Conscience

Christina - Traveling Sister
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. All opinions presented are my own.

Where do I even begin with this? I guess I'll start with what I feel worked:

The base of this story is intriguing. A young, investigative journalist invited back to her old town to dig into a past serial killer up for an appeal. Things spiral a bit out of control as we unpack what happened in the past, and what is happening now.

The ending, I definitely didn't see coming. If the goal
Maranda
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Antonacci does an okay job with the characters in this crime drama. I was expecting our journalist Emilee to be a more focused investigative image. This is a book more described as a lesson in don't forget to look in the rear view mirror before your life drifts into a busy future. This prose kept me reading but I am afraid I had the murderer figured out early on. "A copy of this book was provided by author via Netgalley with no requirements for a review. Comments here are my honest opinion."
Claire
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emilee Weathers is an investigative journalist with a blog who would love her big break. A trip back to her childhood home isn't where she expects that opportunity to rear its head but there is where it happens.

Jordan Antonacci weaves a story with so much depth and unexpected narrative that you can't help but be drawn deeply into this story from the word go. The characters are relatable and build a strong relationship with the reader while the suspense really ramped up the further into the book
Book-Lover Book Blog
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great read and a new author to me. When I was approached with the synopsis, I was excited and fired up. It sounded different, brilliant even.

The author’s writing style was eye catching and gripping, as well as intriguing. You’re definitely pulled into the story from the very first page; hell, from the blurb itself.
The characters were well portrayed, each and every one of them were different with their own intriguing personalities. I loved this story and it shows how much effort the
Julie
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
Tonks and I sat and read this all afternoon. A chilling tale of a serial killer, set in a cabin the woods, and featuring friendships that last through the test of time. I worked it out quite early on but so desperately wanted to be wrong. I loved this story despite the superfluous character of the abusive boyfriend who, thankfully, didn’t last the distance.
Julia Keizer
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: asked-to-review
I seen a book review and an author interview for this book and had to read it! I’m so glad that Laura over at LFBooks let me know that the author was looking for reviewers. I enjoyed this book from the moment I picked it up and stayed up until 2 am just to get through it.

The characters were well developed and there was enough suspense and mystery to keep you guessing. The romance wasn’t over the top and I was delighted with how it all turned out, even if I was surprised towards the very end.

The
Ashley
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was excited when I heard about this book. I mean, my favorite genre of all is crime/thriller/mystery and this one definitely delivers on all fronts.

The premise of the story is that we are following Emilee, a young blogger who is trying to get her foot in the door to being a well known journalist. As she is trying to find her way, a call from the past reaches her. A detective from her old hometown has contacted her in hopes that she can interview a well known serial killer that is about to go
Terri
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, netgalley
I was excited to receive a copy of this book from Netgalley! I grew up close to Pigeon Forge so I was curious to read a book with a location there. I began reading and this story held my interest from beginning to end. The characters are interesting. Some I liked, some I hated, but all were written well. I would have enjoyed reading more back story about each character. That would have helped me get to know them a little better. The plot is good. I wanted to keep reading and find out what was go ...more
Bailey Ember
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Sometimes I get to a point where I feel bogged down in a certain genre and need a change. That is when a Mystery is always my go-to. I feel like they make me think and help get my mind off of things more than any other genre.

There is a great balance between the Suspense and Mystery. I found myself guessing the whole way through, and being wrong quite a bit.

The plot was fast paced and flowed smoothly and the characters were those who I really liked reading about. They were interesting and compell
Nia Ireland
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love me a good cabin in the woods mystery!

Emilee, our main character, is a plucky young journalist who has been requested by police to go back to her hometown to help investigate an old murder case. In doing so, she finds herself stuck in a cabin with her two childhood best friends, their partners and her abusive boyfriend.

The whole book plays out very much like a film in your mind, which is something I quite enjoy. There's a lot of bickering and high tensions between characters while they're
S.K. Gregory
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emilee is a journalist who is asked to look at the case of the VDK, a murderer who killed three women. As she investigates, she starts to wonder if he actually did it. The first quarter of the book sets up Emiliee and her friends, this pays off later as she starts to question VDK's guilt. It was an interesting read and I would recommend it.
Maureen
Jul 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
Ugh! This is one of the worst books I’ve ever read. The writing is amateurish and choppy. The characters are not developed well. The end is unbelievable. One of the quotes early on is repulsive, talking about being in a crowded room is compared to sleeping like Mexicans. There are grammatical errors as well. I was an early reader for NetGalley in exchange for my fair and honest review.
Jamie
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was sucked in from the first page.
The Killed Conscience is exactly my kind of book and it’s one that I’ll read again for sure.

Emilee is an up and coming journalist and blogger who works cold cases and writes about them. She’s called by a detective in her hometown to investigate an accused and convicted serial killer’s first court appeal. Little does she know, she’s signing up for the story of a lifetime.

Reuniting with old friends at a cabin in Pigeon Forge seems like the perfect, quiet locat
C. Gonzales
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Superb writing from Jordan Antonacci and a action packed story. There were a lot of moving a parts to this one and I really liked the originality that Antonacci brought.

This novel was very vivid in the descriptions, the writing really jumped off the pages and into my head. Suspense and Mystery laced throughout.

I felt like I got a solid understanding of the characters in the story. There was definitely a lot of action going on that will have readers flipping pages furiously.
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
It felt like a movie reading this story, it would make a really good movie. You didn’t really know what was going on, you were along for the ride with Emilee, the main character. When she finds out new things, you find out at the same time. You are trying to figure it all out with her. The twist was really well done, you don’t see it coming until it happens. So again really well done to the Author for building the suspense and the tension.

The crimes, the situation is nothing overly unique but it
Cassidy (Reminders of the Changing Time)
To see all of my book-related content, check out my blog @ http://bit.ly/2zzVt0R

Oh, dear. I don’t even know where to begin with this one.
All I can say (and I am well aware of how harsh this will come across but honestly, there is no other way I can possibly say it and still maintain the honest-opinion-agreement I swore that I would always maintain when putting my bookish-thoughts on a public platform) is that The Killed Conscience is the book that I will soon be holding up as an example of the r
Kristi
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Full review available on my blog.

The characters are solid. The setting is well chosen and described with incredible detail. The plot is interesting. And perhaps most important for a suspense thriller, the tension is there and continues to grow right through to the final scene. This novel has everything going for it; my only wish is that it was a little more put together. There are connections that are made that are eventually forgotten or fade away, and there are moments when the other character
gary mccomsey
Jul 08, 2018
Jordan Antonacci
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelly
Sharon
Jun 25, 2018
Bea LaRocca
Jun 25, 2018
Jordan Antonacci is an HVAC Technician by day and blogger by night, working out of the hot, hot lands of Dallas, Texas. When he isn’t trying to avoid heat stroke, he can be found at his desk with an espresso, brewing up a new story or a post for his blog. Outside of writing, Jordan has a mild case of wanderlust. He enjoys road trips, cruises, and flights out to California to visit his family. His ...more