Start by marking “Ricochet” as Want to Read:
Ricochet

Ricochet

Brenda Roseberry’s youth was fractured with personal loss and sexual assault. In response, she’s trained her body through rock climbing and Isreali martial arts. Her genius at engineering tends toward the devious: she invents technology that allows her to see through walls, along with bulletproof clothing and specialized grenades.

Brilliant, fearless, and eminently disturbe
Published November 6th 2018 by Acorn Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ricochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ricochet

P.J. Colando
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Move over, Laura Craft! A new video game hero-anti-hero has arrived!

With a sense of stubborn aloneness, graced with hyper-athletic finesse and a solid tinge of malevolence, Brenda is a crazy train of fierce. She’s a Robin Hood of right over wrong, whatever side she decides. Even if/when the sides switcheroo on her – and you!

She’s an uncommon Cat Woman, a Sasha Fierce, a Wonder Woman with barbs rather than deflecting cuffs.

Author David Kennedy performs a high wire act with vigorous prose and vibr
Anie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Received from Xpresso Book Tours

The first thing that comes to mind when thinking about Ricochet is spooky. Not the story itself, but the main Character. Brenda lost her parents at a very young age and her life has been hard ever since. Dealing with life, she made herself into the kick-ass machine. Her body is worked to perfection, she has incredible endurance, can climb and transfer herself into anyone (with help of wigs and accessories). What is the most thrilling about her, is her personality.
Stéphanie Louis
# What I liked
I don't want to spoil everything so I'm telling you only the technical things that I liked or didn't.

First of all the writing style was great. I found myself to be engulfed by the novel like immediately after the first few sentences. I had absolutely no problems getting into the story and even though I didn't like the novel as much at the beginning as I did towards the end, I found myself being fascinated by it. The story is written in the third POV of Brenda so it's pretty easy to
Jessica Rachow
Nov 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brenda is one of those main female leads that you want on your side. She is kick-ass, with incredible endurance. Her personality is captivating. Nothing bothers her and she rains vengeance on bad guys, and she was just a really awesome character to read.

This story is really driven by Brenda. It was almost like watching an action video game, and it reminded me a bit of Tomb Raider because of Brenda. I really liked that aspect.

David Kennedy has a knack for describing heart-pounding action. This is
R.D. Kardon
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
With chilling, sometimes disturbing but always thought-provoking elements, David Kennedy carves out a novel with a distinctive narrative style. Brenda Roseberry is unique- and that, friends, is an understatement. Whether Brenda is a symptom of today's culture or a cure for it is debatable, but Kennedy's adept story-telling ability is not. Well created, readable and ultimately quite...surprising, this book will keep you engaged until the very end. This is not the genre I typically read, and this ...more
Doug Yonce
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lots of action as Brenda, the protagonist, begins work for secret agency SCRAM putting to work so many skills, talents, and techie inventions that James Bond would be jealous. Jumping into her psyche and history reveals much more of the character and the problems she faces. Looking for a serious thriller, try elsewhere, this is pure escapism. I received an advanced digital copy through #NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Sara Amato
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Action/Thriller Lovers
Ricochet is compelling and fast-paced. The female protagonist is quirky but cunning: an overall badass. In coordination with the tight plot, skilled writing, and plenty of action scenes, Ricochet will have you turning pages and wanting more!
Robyn M Wood
Very strange

This is one weird macabre book ! Overwritten in some places,
It is part science fiction, part greeny protest, and a jumble of basic hostilities against humanity
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Brenda is a young woman who has had a hard life. But she has trained herself to be even harder than life itself. Brenda is one tough woman who can take anything life sends her way. She has taught herself to be tough and trained in martial arts. Brenda is one bada** who can take on just about anyone and survive. My opinion is this if you see Brenda coming then run like h3ll.

Brenda is hired by this secret company to do the one thing that she is good at and that is tracking people down and getting
Erica
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Ricochet is a medley of vigilantism, pulp feminism, and a splattering of misdirected romance. Kennedy's take on the fractured soul of a woman, who just happens to prefer the deviance over honor, is dark and gritty.
Teddy Gomez
David Kennedy
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Kate
Bridgett
Nov 18, 2018
Julie
Nov 18, 2018
Dave is a guidebook writer/publisher turned novelist. He began rock climbing around 1984, which was a “logical” extension of hiking, camping and backpacking since boyhood. After his first article on climbing in San Diego’s back-country was published in Rock & Ice magazine, he created the San Diego County Climbing Guide, which proved extremely popular. Next came San Diego Adventures: Classic hi ...more