Start by marking “The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library” as Want to Read:
The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library

The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library

As seen on The Daily Show, an illustrated portrait of the Donald J. Trump Twitter account, with analysis and “scholarly” commentary from the writers of The Daily Show and an introduction by Trevor Noah.

In June 2017, just steps from Trump Tower in midtown Manhattan, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah opened The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library, a 4,000-square-foot
Published July 31st 2018 by Spiegel & Grau

Start your review of The Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
Megan
I've never wanted so badly to give a book five stars and one star at the same time until now.
David
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
5 stars to the Daily Show. 0 stars to Drumpf.
Lisa Vegan
This has such an amusing premise but the book was mostly excruciating to read.

The part I found funniest was “non 11” which is the crisis of the 11 minutes his Twitter was off and he couldn’t tweet.

Some of the writing from the team is smart and/or funny.

But so much of the book is Trump’s tweets. I kind of had to skim.

I was more depressed, infuriated, frightened, stunned, than amused. Yes, some are so bad they’re funny, one at a time. A whole bunch all at once, not so much. Boring too, for me.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
This was funny, but also... really depressing, you know?
Marc-Antoine
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t know whether I should laugh or cry...
Michelle
Good, but of course mostly just past tweets from a very stable genius. Tweets were shared, and commented on, by theme. Felt repetitive and old news at times, inevitably, but I genuinely chuckled at the juxtapositions and commentary. Reminded me once again how no one person can remember all the lunacy. ("Oh, yeah, how did I forget that one?")

Did you know that 45 has tweeted about the store Tiffany the same amount of times as his daughter Tiffany? (6) But has tweeted about Ivanka -- well, a lot.
K.
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Trump is not the first president to obsess over his opponents and to rant about the seeming injustice of the world. He's just the first to make the rest of us listen in as he does it."
5 stars for presentation, -9000 stars for the content, which is unfortunately all real.
Philip
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, politics, humor
I have never laughed so hard at anything so depressing in my life! The tweets themselves are hilarious in their self-incrimination of the Idiot in Chief, but the accompanying critical commentary is just priceless.

Thanks, Myles - one of the best birthday presents ever!!
Dolly
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: fans of Trevor Noah
I really enjoy watching clips of Trevor Noah on The Daily Show, as well as of his stand up comedy routines. I have also listened to his autobiography on audiobook and it was great.

Iam not, however, a fan of Twitter and do not have an account. Even if I did, I would not want to follow a lot of people, especially celebrities and certainly not our current administration.

So, when I saw that this book was getting published, I was pretty lukewarm about it. I knew that I could appreciate the humor,
Jeff Larsen
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, pointed satire in troubled times. Not only are the Orange One's tweets skewered, but so is the pretentious language of art museums. A quick read, and one to enjoy in a bunker after the nuclear attacks.
Ann
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you laugh or cry when you read this book? It’s hilarious but then you remember it’s all real. Sad!
RaeAnna Rekemeyer
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A sardonic collection of Trump's glory through his very own Tweets, analysis of those Tweets, a few touches of artwork, and helpful additional insights where needed. It's the perfect coffee table book.
Linda Quinn
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliantly put together book. It takes all of Donald Trump’s tweets and groups them into their topics. There’s no need to even make fun of the man. His own words show just how unbalanced he is and how undeserving of the title of president. It’s not something you can read in one sitting, the tweets need to be savored for their surreal existence. And yes, there’s a page for covfefe.
Andrew Steckling
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hilariously depressing, if there’s such a thing.
I laughed till I cried and I felt like crying and curling up in my safe space for the next few years.
Molly
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Trevor Noah is a national treasure. "But he's from South Afri-" shhh. He's a national treasure.
Molly
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for an honest review.

Trevor Noah is very funny, and I love the thought of putting together a formal museum show to house the absolute inanity of the current POTUS. Somehow, though, the effect gets a little lost in book form. It's incredibly depressing to realize there was enough material for this book not even a *year* into his presidency, and that now the same project could be repeated with much, much worse tweets. (Horseface,
Donna
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 02-non-fiction
I gave up around 50%... I just couldn't take any more "Trump".... *headdesk* :(

Trevor Noah, on the other hand... I gladly watch daily! *grin*
Kezia
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
A quick but funny read! Feel like there's a good chance if Trump read this book, the scathing sarcasm and mockery might go over his head entirely and he'd probably tweet how accurate the commentary is and how well the authors have paid hommage to his "stable genius".
Debbie
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Sadly, there is enough stupidity coming from P.O.O.P. (Person Occupying the Office of the President) to even justify this book.

While I loved the concept and the side commentary, I can't give five stars because much of the material was written by P.O.O.P. and he doesn't need any more credit than he already gives himself.

This is a fun, fast read and great to share with friends over cocktails.
James
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
I love The Daily Show & found it hilarious when they unveiled the Donald Trump Presidential Twitter Library in New York, even if it was only for one weekend. When they released a book dedicated to the Moron in Chief's tweets, I had to read it.

I think I had a 5 star rating in mind before I even started reading it, so it's not surprising that the book did not quite live up to the lofty expectations I had. However, it was still really well done, and considering it is a book about tweets from a
Beverly K
Aug 17, 2018 rated it liked it
My problem with this book and books like it is that it stops being funny very quickly. And honestly, that was way more time than I wanted to spend in Drumpf's head. I applaud TDS show for getting through all of those tweets and making this work, but I kinda regret buying this. It's repetitive and, like I said, the joke wears thin.

Whatever reality Drumpf inhabits, I don't want to visit.
Sara
Aug 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Well done though perhaps not quite scathing enough given the danger of this presidency.
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funnies
Well, like some of the other readers, I think the book is very funny, in an appalling sort of way. If this man was not our president, these tweets would be just funny. The book does a good job with commentary on the ridiculousness of the tweets, and has a good selection which is fairly up to date. If we don't laugh at this stuff, we would be crying.
James
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well done, funny, and damning the man with his own words. It'd be funnier if he wasn't doing so much harm to so many, and it will be easier to laugh at when he's out of power. Still, I do like the fact that, as has been pointed out, it's all Trump's writing, but he isn't making any of the money from this book. That has to be eating his Big Macs.
Sarah -  All The Book Blog Names Are Taken
So funny, but at the same time soul-crushingly depressing. Trumplethinskin is the worst but the comedy is golden.

Here is my marginally longer actual review:

Brendan Hall
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very funny. It had me laughing the whole time. “Nice!”
Tina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
We will always have covfefe....
Masha
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
not bad actually, a lot of the humor is very huehue-tiny-hAnDs-tier but it's still pretty funny, they spent a lot of time combing through and categorizing all his shitposts so it's an interesting retrospective
Sara
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny and depressing. SAD and WOW!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Whose Boat Is This Boat?: Comments That Don't Help in the Aftermath of a Hurricane
  • Fake News: Strange Historical Facts Reimagined in the World of Donald Trump
  • Shade: A Tale of Two Presidents
  • The Book of Gutsy Women: Favorite Stories of Courage and Resilience
  • It's Trevor Noah: Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood (Adapted for Young Readers)
  • Fear: Trump in the White House
  • Goodnight Trump: a parody
  • Animals
  • Faces: Baby Touch First Focus
  • Out of Auschwitz: The Untold Story
  • I Got Two Dogs
  • P.I.
  • "A Very Stable Genius!"
  • How to Be Happy All the Time
  • Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm: Beyond the Doors of Perception into the Dreaming of Earth
  • Shock
  • The President's Photographer: Fifty Years Inside the Oval Office
  • Tantrum: A Child in The White House
“While Woodrow Wilson once observed that a presidency offers its occupant the opportunity to be as big a man as he wants to be, the Trump canon is a chronicle of just how small a president can be. Trump is not the first president to obsess over his opponents and to rant about the seeming injustice of the world. He’s just the first to make the rest of us listen in as he does it.” 1 likes